Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go IOS 4 4.3.28 Critical Issue
123Next >
6794 85 2019-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PirateScott
lvl.1
United States

New Mavic Air delivered yesterday, doing wired connection and ios app crashes every time I try to get past safety test or do an update, won't let me get past these steps.  

Iphone XS Max, IOS v13.1.3.  I've reinstalled the app completely, rebooted phone, updated firmware on the drone and remote via my computer. 2 hours of troubleshooting so far with no solution.  I'm also reading similar experiences on the apple app store, and it seems to always be the Air, possibly only newly delivered Airs since the app was updated.

My first ever DJI product is a brick until this gets fixed. Any ideas until DJI fixes the app or Air firmware? Super disappointed in what should have been an exciting unboxing and first flight.  Is this kind of thing typical for DJI's app?

2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send us a screenshot showing the error message for us further isolate the issue? Also, can you please try to use a different mobile device just to check if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you for understanding.
2019-11-7
Use props
PirateScott
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-7 10:17
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send us a screenshot showing the error message for us further isolate the issue? Also, can you please try to use a different mobile device just to check if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks for the reply.  There's no error message, the app just completely crashes and it goes back to my home screen. Meeting up with a friend who also flies these, we're going to try his phone.

Again, taking a look at the other thread on this forum there's another few people with the same problem, and the reviews since the latest app update on the official apple store show the same issue.
2019-11-7
Use props
fanse852f202
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3202 ft
Australia

I am also having this exact issue. Brand new Mavic air delivered yesterday wired connection to remote and as soon as I connect to the aircraft I can get 1 question into the safety quiz and it crashes every time
2019-11-7
Use props
fanse852f202
lvl.1
Australia

PirateScott Posted at 11-7 10:20
Thanks for the reply.  There's no error message, the app just completely crashes and it goes back to my home screen. Meeting up with a friend who also flies these, we're going to try his phone.

Again, taking a look at the other thread on this forum there's another few people with the same problem, and the reviews since the latest app update on the official apple store show the same issue.

Hey pirate maybe try litchi to get u going till this issue gets fixed... I’ve got it on my iPhone and it’s running solid.
2019-11-7
Use props
PirateScott
lvl.1
United States

fanse852f202 Posted at 11-7 12:47
Hey pirate maybe try litchi to get u going till this issue gets fixed... I’ve got it on my iPhone and it’s running solid.

I wasn't even aware of litchi, thank you!
2019-11-7
Use props
PirateScott
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-7 10:17

DJI Gamora - as I mentioned earlier, there's no error, the app just shuts down/exits. My friend tried his iPhone 8 on my drone and it does work for him. The others who are posting about this seem to either have iphone XS or 11's, and all have new Mavic Airs. Also, I CAN link my phone directly to the drone without the controller without issue, so it is directly related to the controller/wired connection. Let me know if I can provide anything else.
2019-11-7
Use props
fanse852f202
lvl.1
Australia

PirateScott Posted at 11-7 13:56
I wasn't even aware of litchi, thank you!

Update.... just went and flew with litchi and it worked perfectly. Not as clean as the go 4 app but if u wanna fly it’ll get u in the air. But would really like the go 4 app sorted...
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PirateScott Posted at 11-7 10:20

Thank you for the additional information and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send us a short video showing the app crashes on your mobile device and we will directly forward this to our designated department for further clarification and attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-7
Use props
Matthew Roppelt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3301 ft
United States

I am also having the same issue
I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max . This is very aggravating
2019-11-7
Use props
djiuser_MYFOPtdLs2S7
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-7 15:49
Thank you for the additional information and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send us a short video showing the app crashes on your mobile device and we will directly forward this to our designated department for further clarification and attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I have this issue too. App crashes and exits without error message. iPhone 11 pro max 13.1.3
2019-11-7
Use props
djiuser_MYFOPtdLs2S7
lvl.1

United States

We have to return this mavic air if the app cannot connect the rc.
2019-11-7
Use props
djiuser_MYFOPtdLs2S7
lvl.1

United States

Crashed at 1st question of safety quiz
2019-11-7
Use props
Michael50211
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43107 ft
United States

Thank you for the additional information and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send us a short video showing the app crashes on your mobile device and we will directly forward this to our designated department for further clarification and attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Same issue just purchased Air last night.  Tried on iPhone 6 and 11 and as soon at the drone connects and starts to show video the app will crash.  If you can get the drone up in the air it won’t crash but as soon as it lands the app crashes.   
2019-11-7
Use props
soumya.adhya
New
United States

The app just crashes !!
Can’t do anything.
Crashes within 10 seconds of opening the app.
Attaching a video sample.
2019-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>

soumya.adhya Posted at 11-8 02:03
The app just crashes !!
Can’t do anything.
Crashes within 10 seconds of opening the app.

No video attached?
2019-11-8
Use props
Michael50211
lvl.2
United States

Video of app crashing

https://youtu.be/mGNQTt7l2LU
2019-11-8
Use props
fanse852f202
lvl.1
Australia

So after playing around a bit I’ve found that plugging in the phone turning everything on then turning the wifi on the phone off let’s me use the app for longer than 10 seconds. So I reckon it’s wifi related
2019-11-8
Use props
fanse852f202
lvl.1
Australia

It’s definitely the wifi/LTE... if it’s in airplane mode it works perfectly
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_8TQNEJmKWknS
New
Taiwan

Hi Scott,

I was having same issue just like you.
And I jailbreak my iphone8 plus, and install the previous version which is
2019-11-8
Use props
ArthurHsieh
New
Taiwan

Hi Scott,

I was having exact same issue just like you.
And I jailbreak my iphone8 plus, and install the previous version which is 4.3.24 and it works well now.

I hope these info will let DJI to make comparison and find out the root cause.

for now, maybe you should JB your phone now
2019-11-8
Use props
ArthurHsieh
New
Taiwan

By the way , i also got my Mavic Air yesterday as well.
2019-11-8
Use props
Michael50211
lvl.2
United States

ArthurHsieh Posted at 11-8 07:44
Hi Scott,

I was having exact same issue just like you.

Where did you find the old version?
2019-11-8
Use props
ArthurHsieh
New
Taiwan

Michael50211 Posted at 11-8 08:17
Where did you find the old version?

You need to jailbreak your IPhone first and download a Tweak called AppStore++ from Cyndia.
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_52csGGTO3TNV
New
Australia

I am having the exact same issue as @piratescott
with an iphone 8+, iOS v13.1.3
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_52csGGTO3TNV
New
Australia

i just bought the mavic air yesterday. the app crashes immediately. I tried on 2 diff iphone 8. same issue
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_mL7rHdKC8VmA
New

United Kingdom

Same issue with the mavis air and iphone 11. Really frustrating and lack of service which I didn’t expect from a brand as DJI...
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_MYFOPtdLs2S7 Posted at 11-7 17:06
I have this issue too. App crashes and exits without error message. iPhone 11 pro max 13.1.3

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We already coordinate this concern with our designated department and they are now looking into it.  We will surely provide you the resolution once we hear from them. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_MYFOPtdLs2S7 Posted at 11-7 17:10
Crashed at 1st question of safety quiz

Hi, can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists? Also, if you have any change trying to use a different mobile device for us to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_MYFOPtdLs2S7
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-8 15:34
Hi, can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists? Also, if you have any change trying to use a different mobile device for us to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

We all tried uninstall and reinstall the go 4 app. Also I even upgraded iOS from 13.1.2 to 13.2.2. I tried both iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 6s Plus. All have theirs issue. Did you qa team run regression tests for this new version of go 4 app? It is obviously a huge bug from this new version. Above many users encountered this obvious bug. Your way team can be fired without finding it and signed off the version release.
2019-11-8
Use props
fanse852f202
lvl.1
Australia

Hi I’ve done a little investigating and found that the app work perfectly if the device is in airplane mode and there is no internet connection. This work on iPhone X and iPad Pro 10.5
2019-11-8
Use props
Michael50211
lvl.2
United States

fanse852f202 Posted at 11-8 18:31
Hi I’ve done a little investigating and found that the app work perfectly if the device is in airplane mode and there is no internet connection. This work on iPhone X and iPad Pro 10.5

Yep putting the phone in airplane mode works perfectly but the moment you turn off airplane mode the app instantly crashes.  
2019-11-8
Use props
Michael50211
lvl.2
United States

How about you roll the version back so users can use the equipment?
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_7s84ODbFZxI0
New
Australia

Same issue with my Air, IOS 13.2.2 and DJI Go 4 version 4.3.28

Just got my 1st Mavic Air on today, after the App Crashed 30 times and reinstalled 10 times, the Mavic Air still on the ground.
Very disappointed and considering get a refund

Junxi
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_7s84ODbFZxI0
New
Australia

Tried on both IPhone X and 7 plus.
Same issues, I am giving up for this.

Junxi
2019-11-9
Use props
djiuser_E6RpBeSfkoPj
lvl.1
Poland

Exactly the same problem
2019-11-9
Use props
whatbabima
New
United Kingdom

Same problem for me...got my drone yesterday and been messing around for 3 hours and the thing hasn't got off the ground...if it was a £50 drone i could sort of understand.

Pls get this fixed sharpish
2019-11-9
Use props
jamiekeivin
New

Switzerland

Hi everyone, Im new here and just got my drone 2 days ago and the app keeps crashing on me too. Tried on 2 different phones and same issue. Updated my iOS, uninstalled and re-installed the app several times. Been reading the thread and this issue has already been on going for days now. Is there an update or fix?
2019-11-9
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Hi guys!  I tested on iphone Xr iOS13.2.2. Works correctly. The app does not crash.  
2019-11-9
Use props
Michael50211
lvl.2
United States

jamiekeivin Posted at 11-9 02:19
Hi everyone, Im new here and just got my drone 2 days ago and the app keeps crashing on me too. Tried on 2 different phones and same issue. Updated my iOS, uninstalled and re-installed the app several times. Been reading the thread and this issue has already been on going for days now. Is there an update or fix?

Put your phone in airplane mode and try.
2019-11-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules