Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Hi!,
This is my first thread here!
Firstly I would like to say that I´ve googled to find an answer about my question, with no luck.
I´ve been wondering for a few days now, regarding DJI Care, since the Mavic Mini will be my first drone, I surely want to fly with peace of mind in case I crash it.

However, I´ve been only trying to get some information from DJI support and it has been a real pain... I read everywhere about DJI support being rather tedious and hard to comunicate with, so if I already experienced that, I wonder how much of a pain will be if the drone crashes to get the DJI Care to work.

Since amazon offers Amazon Protect (2 years of crash insurance), for less than 29€, and I know very well what an awsome experience Amazon after sales support is.
Will it be a better idea just to get the Amazon protect plan? or is this somehow linked to DJI policies?

It seems safer, faster, cheaper than the DJI Care in many ways...
Let me know what you guys think, maybe some of you already did that and have experience.
Best,
Julian

2019-11-7
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I made my purchase through DJI. Mostly because aside from my tello, the MM flymore with DJI care will be my first actual DJI product. I kind of want the full DJI experience to be honest. I've heard so much about them and want to see if they live up to the hype.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but it gives insight into my decision of going straight DJI.
2019-11-7
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

JodyB Posted at 11-7 11:51
I made my purchase through DJI. Mostly because aside from my tello, the MM flymore with DJI care will be my first actual DJI product. I kind of want the full DJI experience to be honest. I've heard so much about them and want to see if they live up to the hype.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but it gives insight into my decision of going straight DJI.

I see and I understand, I also feel like going "full on DJI experience" like you say xD for less hassle.
Just wondering if some users have used it before.
2019-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I’m not aware of Amazon policy but it sounds great and a great price.
Regarding dji service, well if what you’ve heard you’ve heard and read around here then you should be aware this is where many come to complain, I have to say I’ve had many dealings with support without to many problems,a similar experience as I’ve had with other tech companies .
Care refresh works just like it says on the tin .
2019-11-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use State Farm for insurance to cover my drones and goggles. $ 60 for the year. Also if the drone drops in the river and you can't recover it and it's still covered.
2019-11-7
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-7 11:51

What hype are you referring to?
I had terrible experiences with DJI customer service and so did countless members of this forum.
Every once in a blue moon, you may hear of someone having a good experience with them.
2019-11-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

nywrecker Posted at 11-7 19:37
I had terrible experiences with DJI customer service and so did countless members of this forum.
Every once in a blue moon, you may hear of someone having a good experience with them.

Simply because satisfied customers rarely bother to share their experience, while not happy ones will cry, rant and whine all over internet. That's how it works...
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Juliflash, we are sorry for the troubles that you encountered. From your post, you mentioned that you have some questions about the DJI care and trying to get some information from DJI support, right?
May I confirm that how did you contact our support team and what the difficulties are you stuck?  We'd like to help you check it and keep improving to provide better service.
Thank you in advance.
2019-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Here in the UK, when I click the Amazon Protect link it takes me to a page titled - Amazon Protect 3 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown Cover for Camcorders.  So Im not sure it would provide the same cover as DJI.
2019-11-8
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-7 20:29
Hi Juliflash, we are sorry for the troubles that you encountered. From your post, to know that you have some questions about the DJI care and trying to get some information from DJI support, right?
May I confirm that how did you contact our support team and what the difficulties are you stuck?  We'd like to help you check it and keep improving to provide better service.
Thank you in advance.

Hey thanks for the help,
I contacted using the chat in the website, 4 different times.
Basically I asked certain details about "official distribuitors", since I saw 2 of the 4 nearest shops dissapearing from the DJI "where to buy" section in the last week, they could not provide any info.
I also asked about shipping dates, but the answer is that DJI haven´t said anything about the 11th release date, and availability will depend upon sales made in the DJI store.
Regarding stock of the Mini Combo, resulted in the say ambiguous answer.
My local delaers just have very missleading information and request me to contact DJI.
Anyway I´m gonna just relax and see what happens on the 11th.
Best
2019-11-8
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

nywrecker Posted at 11-7 19:37
Every once in a blue moon, you may hear of someone having a good experience with them.

Here where I'm from, DJI is talked about as being the best of the best. That creates a lot of hype to me. Hopefully they are as good as everyone around here makes them out to be.
2019-11-8
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think I'm one of the rare ones who have posted good customer experiences with DJI (referencing the posters who stated it is a "blue moon" to see a good experience posted). I honestly have not had a "bad" experience yet with DJI, having had three issues to date. But believe me, I know the bad cases seem to run rampant and when you look at the data (anecdotally), the whole of the bad experiences seem pretty consistent. Based on what I've seen on these and other boards (and reviews), DJI has a customer service issue -- I just have not directly experienced a poor one. Guess I have been lucky.

I think the "hype" comes from really great products over all, and the fact that DJI has over 70% market share. I just hope DJI doesn't rest on their laurels and hopefully adopts an ideology of customer-centric focus.
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Juliflash Posted at 11-8 02:30
Hey thanks for the help,
I contacted using the chat in the website, 4 different times.
Basically I asked certain details about "official distribuitors", since I saw 2 of the 4 nearest shops dissapearing from the DJI "where to buy" section in the last week, they could not provide any info.

Hi Juliflash, thank you for your feedback, we will forward it to the proper team and keep moving forward to provide better service to you all. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2019-11-9
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

Very valid points, all in all I have a lot of respect for DJI, for what I´ve seen during the years, their products are great, innovative, well done, and people seem to really love them. I just don´t have customer experience yet and was refering exclusively to the Amazon Protect option, in case users have taken that route in the past.

I had absolutely no idea about the huge fan base and this "hype" which reminds me a lot of Apple products... Users seem to buy "the new thing" just cause is new and they love the brand, I personally never owned a new Apple product, allways refurbished or inhereted, so the same for a drone of this brand, which are very good quality but not neccesarily cheap for some users, included me. I have to make a real educated decision and choose the best option for my wallet.

The Mini will allow me to get iniciated in this fascinating world, learn to fly and find out if in the future I will jump in to one of the bigger members of the DJI family. I was really scared about buying a 2.000€ drone as a first aircraft to either crash it, get bored or just not fitting my workflow.
Can´t wait to get my hands on it!
2019-11-9
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 11-7 18:48
I use State Farm for insurance to cover my drones and goggles. $ 60 for the year. Also if the drone drops in the river and you can't recover it and it's still covered.

Problem is, the OP is in Spain and I don't think State Farm is available there.
2019-11-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 11-9 10:24

Didn't notice that.
2019-11-9
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

FatherXmas Posted at 11-9 10:24

That is correct, we don´t have exactly that over here, but surely there are tons of insurance options, even some very well know shops offer an extended warranty with cover for loss, damage or even being stolen.
2019-11-11
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-9 03:23
Hi Juliflash, thank you for your feedback, we will forward it to the proper team and keep moving forward to provide better service to you all. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks DJI Natalia, will contact with any more question I may have.
2019-11-11
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

JPilotR Posted at 11-8 13:53
I think I'm one of the rare ones who have posted good customer experiences with DJI (referencing the posters who stated it is a "blue moon" to see a good experience posted). I honestly have not had a "bad" experience yet with DJI, having had three issues to date. But believe me, I know the bad cases seem to run rampant and when you look at the data (anecdotally), the whole of the bad experiences seem pretty consistent. Based on what I've seen on these and other boards (and reviews), DJI has a customer service issue -- I just have not directly experienced a poor one. Guess I have been lucky.

I think the "hype" comes from really great products over all, and the fact that DJI has over 70% market share. I just hope DJI doesn't rest on their laurels and hopefully adopts an ideology of customer-centric focus.

Thanks JPilotR,
Good to know and hear some honest happy customer opinions.
Nothing to disagree with their level of quality and level of leadership in the industry.
We do have in Spain aswel that expression ¨rest on their laurels¨ funny, lets hope so!
2019-11-11
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

DAFlys Posted at 11-8 00:15
Here in the UK, when I click the Amazon Protect link it takes me to a page titled - Amazon Protect 3 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown Cover for Camcorders.  So Im not sure it would provide the same cover as DJI.

Hello DAFlys,
Yeah I noticed the "camcorder" term too, but Amazon support confirmed me is considered a camera, still I dont fully trust every Amazon support member since they have given me sometimes quite different answers on the same topic. I think I will stick to DJI Care, for the first time... then I can judge of my own experience.
2019-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Juliflash Posted at 11-11 12:10
Hello DAFlys,
Yeah I noticed the "camcorder" term too, but Amazon support confirmed me is considered a camera, still I dont fully trust every Amazon support member since they have given me sometimes quite different answers on the same topic. I think I will stick to DJI Care, for the first time... then I can judge of my own experience.

With insurance policies it very hard to trust the seller.
2019-11-11
Use props
nerkaid
lvl.1
Spain

Sadly Amazon Protect don't cover the whole dron, only the gimball/camera in it. Some member in the spanish community asked about it in Amazon support:

2019-11-19
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

nerkaid Posted at 11-19 14:15
Sadly Amazon Protect don't cover the whole dron, only the gimball/camera in it. Some member in the spanish community asked about it in Amazon support:

[view_image]

Good thanks for that info,
I went down the DJI CARE system... had that feeling, that was only camera due to an error in their algorithm.
2019-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules