Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH or "RT me"
796 9 2019-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
louis08
lvl.1

Germany

From the many previews out there I learned the Mini (just like other Mavics) determines the takeoff point via GPS and has a RTH (return to home) functionality.

Q1: Is the home point based on the Mini's on-board GPS or on a position reading from the mobile/remote?

Q2: I've seen the respective button on the remote, so I know I can trigger the RTH manually. Does the drone automatically return on loss of signal/connection?

Q3: Is there any possibility to change the home point during flight and thus somehow change the 'return to home' into a 'return to controller'?

2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry. The Mavic Mini has a built in GPS that helps to record the home point upon taking off and also, it supports the RTH functions which your aircraft will locate the record the home point as long as the aircraft has a strong GPS connection. For the third question we will need to forward this query to our designated DJI support team to for more details, we will update this post once we have the feedback. Thank you.
2019-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Question 3 answer is yes you can reset HP .
2019-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>

Check the review on RTH -
2019-11-8
Use props
louis08
lvl.1

France

hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 14:55
Question 3 answer is yes you can reset HP .

I assume by manually selecting a new position on the map? (Have you tried that during flight?)
2019-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

louis08 Posted at 11-8 01:26
I assume by manually selecting a new position on the map? (Have you tried that during flight?)

I don’t have mine yet, but have seen it demonstrated onYT, it will reset to RC
2019-11-8
Use props
Mavic_South_Oz
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 01:39
I don’t have mine yet, but have seen it demonstrated onYT, it will reset to RC

Can loss of wifi signal be set to hover ?
I know the Spark doesn't have this option, but think with a small drone it is a good option to have if flying in tight places like forest floor or inside buildings etc.
Have it RTH in such cases has obvious dangers of rising into the tree canopy, or building structure etc.
2019-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Mavic_South_Oz Posted at 11-9 00:37
Can loss of wifi signal be set to hover ?
I know the Spark doesn't have this option, but think with a small drone it is a good option to have if flying in tight places like forest floor or inside buildings etc.
Have it RTH in such cases has obvious dangers of rising into the tree canopy, or building structure etc.

Not sure about spark, it’s been awhile since I used mine, but all other dji craft allow hover as an option when signal WiFi or ocusync or lightbridge is lost and yes in many situations it’s a good option including from a boat flying over water .
2019-11-9
Use props
Mavic_South_Oz
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-9 03:16
Not sure about spark, it’s been awhile since I used mine, but all other dji craft allow hover as an option when signal WiFi or ocusync or lightbridge is lost and yes in many situations it’s a good option including from a boat flying over water .

Yes, that was my case too, hadn't flown it apart from a bit of travel use as it's great for cabin baggage only flights.

I was mucking about the night before going for some forest floor flying with the Spark, and when I went into the settings for loss of signal found only RTH.

Haven't had any luck finding the Mavic Mini manual to confirm what it has in the options, as far as I can see no manual is available on the usual product page downloads section for the mini.

Might just wait until they do post it up, hopefully soon, and find the info.

Quite a few have the Mavic Mini now, but no app as yet (?), so maybe soon some might be able to confirm if hover with loss of connection is an option.
2019-11-10
Use props
fans5d6cc58d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Answer the second question, if you lose the signal or even turn off the remote control, the drone automatically does RTH. The RTH can be configured at the take-off point or where the pilot is located, you can configure it and change it during the flight if you want.
2019-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules