Propeller Failure, not covered under warranty?
1270 9 2019-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

Hello,

I had a propeller failure after about 6 minutes of flying, resulting in damage to my Mavic 2 Pro. It is still under warranty (extended via DJI Care+)
and I've sent in the drone to DJI using the label they provided me. I've sync'd the flight logs, uploaded the video to Dropbox and provided the link in the support ticket for the repair. The Mavic 2 Pro was received today and pictures were taken of the damage and I received an email with a quote to pay to utilize my DJI Care replacement fee.

In the message it says "Dear customer, We regret that the service is not covered by warranty based on the results of damage assessment, please find details as below: Non warranty We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received...."

Other owners on these forums have had their drones replaced under warranty for propeller failures. My incident is no different, as the flight logs will show that the drone flew perfectly fine for several minutes, then suddently the propeller broke off (you can also see it in the video) and spun out of control, resulting in a crash.
Any advice?
My Case number is CAS-3664981-G4V0P7

2019-11-7
Use props
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4127283 ft
  • >>>
United States

Two questions. How long have you had your M2 and Did you inspect the propeller before you flew it? I
2019-11-7
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
United States

SkyJax Aerial Posted at 11-7 16:19
Two questions. How long have you had your M2 and Did you inspect the propeller before you flew it? I

Since September of last year, warrant is extended to two years with DJI care though.
Yes, inspected and nothing unusual or obvious. Flew fine in sport mode for several minutes. Then while hovering it just broke off.
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Streetmagus, we are sorry to hear about the accident on your drone. Regarding this issue, we have helped you forward it to our higher-level team and we will have someone contact you within working hours. Please don't worry, the issue will be sorted out soon. Thank you for your patience.
2019-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Streetmagus Posted at 11-7 17:17
Since September of last year, warrant is extended to two years with DJI care though.
Yes, inspected and nothing unusual or obvious. Flew fine in sport mode for several minutes. Then while hovering it just broke off.

Care refresh doesnt extend the warranty, its more of an insurance policy and involves you paying a small amount for a replacement drone.
2019-11-8
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-7 20:08
Hi Streetmagus, we are sorry to hear about the accident on your drone. Regarding this issue, we have helped you forward it to our higher-level team and we will have someone contact you within working hours. Please don't worry, the issue will be sorted out soon. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you!
2019-11-8
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-8 00:03
Care refresh doesnt extend the warranty, its more of an insurance policy and involves you paying a small amount for a replacement drone.

DJI Care Refresh+
2019-11-8
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
United States

DJI customer support reached out to me by phone this morning. Great news, after further investigation and flight log analysis, they have determined the repair will be covered under warranty. I am very pleased at the customer service, it was fast and they explained everything to me. Thank you!
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You're welcome, hope the issue will be sorted out soon.
2019-11-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Streetmagus Posted at 11-8 12:22
DJI customer support reached out to me by phone this morning. Great news, after further investigation and flight log analysis, they have determined the repair will be covered under warranty. I am very pleased at the customer service, it was fast and they explained everything to me. Thank you!

Great job DJI, pleasing result, well done guys.
2019-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules