Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4.0 Map Loading
1312 8 2019-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cpt Awsome
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1270968 ft

South Africa

Hi Guys

I have read a few threads regarding the map loading issue on the app, unfortunately I cannot see a solution or a fix for it.
I have had a P4P+ and now a Mavic 2 Zoom and ons both drones the map loading was and is there.
On the P4P+ on some flights if I review the flight it changes to the actual location but the rest did not change.
On my mavic I have done anout 15 Flights in differnt locations and all 15 shows "map loading".

Does someone know how to make it show my actual location.
I have the lastest version of thew app according to google playstore, I am using a Samsung S8+ as my device.

Regards
Ruan Schoeman
2019-11-7
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

With the P4P+ you need to pair a mobile phone to the inbuilt controller via WiFi; I am surprised if you are using your Samsung as your device in this setup since this is not possible. With the M2Z also paired with phone and location services enabled. In both instances you need to have 'mobile data' enabled on your phone good mobile phone signal coverage.
2019-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

You can turn on background map caching so that you can download the maps at home.
2019-11-7
Use props
Cpt Awsome
lvl.1

South Africa

PhantomPhil Posted at 11-7 23:39
With the P4P+ you need to pair a mobile phone to the inbuilt controller via WiFi; I am surprised if you are using your Samsung as your device in this setup since this is not possible. With the M2Z also paired with phone and location services enabled. In both instances you need to have 'mobile data' enabled on your phone good mobile phone signal coverage.

Thanks for the reply.
in all of the 15 flights of the M2Z I had full signal so mobile data was available with all flights.
Is there a setting that I need to change?
2019-11-7
Use props
Cpt Awsome
lvl.1

South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 11-7 23:48
You can turn on background map caching so that you can download the maps at home.

Thank you for the reply, I had a look at a youtube video. I tried doing that but on android and Iphone devices its different ( Iphone was used in the video on youtube).
Can you maybe explain where I can find this option on a android device?

Regards
2019-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Cpt Awsome Posted at 11-8 00:01
Thank you for the reply, I had a look at a youtube video. I tried doing that but on android and Iphone devices its different ( Iphone was used in the video on youtube).
Can you maybe explain where I can find this option on a android device?

Sorry I only have iphone,  didnt know that android doesnt have the option.
2019-11-8
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Cpt Awsome Posted at 11-7 23:59
Thanks for the reply.
in all of the 15 flights of the M2Z I had full signal so mobile data was available with all flights.

I am sorry that I do not have an android mobile phone to advise whether any other settings in there need changing. I know that you must have both "mobile data" for the phone and "location services" for the app enabled.

How to turn Location Services on or off for specific apps
Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
Make sure that Location Services is on.
Scroll down to find the app.
Tap the app and select an option: Never: Prevents access to Location Services information.

Although you may have full signal on your phone it does not necessarily mean that "mobile data" is enabled in your phone. I am not familiar with android but I think the link below may be helpful to double check things.

How to turn on "data" on Android

I hope you can find the answer to your problem if this doesn't solve it and hope others can give advice for a solution.
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the flight details of you DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. We have forwarded this concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention, rest assured that once we received an update. we will post a response to this issue. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
2019-11-8
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

Cpt Awsome Posted at 11-7 23:59
Thanks for the reply.

In the android app on the equipment page and in settings (top right corner) there is the option to dowload offline maps. I fly a m2p with no sim card on a samsung galaxy 5 and just use the wifi to download everthing at home. The reason it needs your location is for the option to use you as the home point and not where you took off from, so that you have a moving  home point. Saying that, i have not been able to get it to work yet.
2019-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules