robomaster S1 M bus hacks---------replace TYPE A board
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
g1107
lvl.3
China

Before the M bus was cracked, the feasibility of the serial port control chassis was briefly demonstrated. But for high-end players who want to extend their functions, the official SDK and so on are too long. There are many restrictions on using the robomaster firmware directly, so it is better to replace the chassis control board. Direct use of the DJI A-type board, all the troubles are gone.
2019-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to see!
2019-11-8
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day g1107. Thank you for sharing this video and these information with us. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-8
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Nice Hack!
2019-11-8
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Very interesting hack! I have both the Type A and Type B Development Boards. What control software did you use? The RoboMaster RTS? https://github.com/RoboMaster
Am I right to assume that you still control the M3508I motors through the original RoboMaster S1 Interface Module CAN-Bus connecting the RMS1 Interface Module and the Intelligent Controller Module?

Also, for the Remote Controller, are you using the Twist ROS Package?

2019-11-9
Use props
g1107
lvl.3
China

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 11-9 00:06
Very interesting hack! I have both the Type A and Type B Development Boards. What control software did you use? The RoboMaster RTS? https://github.com/RoboMaster
Am I right to assume that you still control the M3508I motors through the original RoboMaster S1 Interface Module CAN-Bus connecting the RMS1 Interface Module and the Intelligent Controller Module?

yes。I use ROBOMASTER RTS.
I control 3508i with rs485 ,not can bus。
Also,for the RC,I use DJI DT7  RC control.
next ,I should use TX2 replace Intelligent Controller
无标题1.png
2019-11-9
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

g1107 Posted at 11-9 02:28

Very nice...

Yes, the M3508I must be controlled with RS-485. It makes sense.

Do you control the turret and Cannon/Blaster with the TYPE A Board? Or is this code that must be written in  the future?

Also, do you power the TYPE A Board from the RoboMaster S1 battery or do you usee a separate 24V battery or Power Supply?
2019-11-9
Use props
g1107
lvl.3
China

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 11-9 09:31
Very nice...

I should control turret with TYPE A。it‘s next work。
The power from S1,not other separate 24v。
2019-11-9
Use props
g1107
lvl.3
China

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 11-9 09:31
Very nice...

I updated the video
2019-11-10
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

That 2nd video is very cool!

I am an external advisor to a new RoboMaster robotics team in Montreal. Unfortunately, they will be getting their hands on their first Standard robot kits only in January. The team, however, owns a RoboMaster S1.
I have challenged them to take a Development Board TYPE A  a Remote Control with its Receiver module and replicate your drivebase hack as an electronics and programming exercise...
2019-11-10
Use props
albertr
lvl.3
United States

@g1107, can you share your thought on why would you use robomaster type A board instead of S1's own motion controller board now since tatsuyai713 did reverse-engineer can bus packets structure and show his demo? What exactly the benefits of using robomaster type A board over any other companion computer, especially it needs higher voltage battery? Are there any benefits over S1's own motion controller?
And another question - where did you find rs485 protocol packets structure and info for M-BUS protocol? Is it included somewhere in the robomaster SDK?

-albertr
2019-11-11
Use props
g1107
lvl.3
China

albertr Posted at 11-11 10:20
@g1107, can you share your thought on why would you use robomaster type A board instead of S1's own motion controller board now since tatsuyai713 did reverse-engineer can bus packets structure and show his demo? What exactly the benefits of using robomaster type A board over any other companion computer, especially it needs higher voltage battery? Are there any benefits over S1's own motion controller?
And another question - where did you find rs485 protocol packets structure and info for M-BUS protocol? Is it included somewhere in the robomaster SDK?

I don't want to use the Intelligent Controller board. So I can repack s1 by myself.
I use s1 12v battery.
I hack M-BUS protocol.it is not included in the SDK
2019-11-11
Use props
g1107
lvl.3
China

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 11-10 12:45
That 2nd video is very cool!

I am an external advisor to a new RoboMaster robotics team in Montreal. Unfortunately, they will be getting their hands on their first Standard robot kits only in January. The team, however, owns a RoboMaster S1.

very nice!
2019-11-12
Use props
vegaf1
New

United States

@g1107, can you share how you hacked the mbus protocol, or where you found the resources to complete this task?
2019-12-10
Use props
Napalm78
lvl.2
France

I can see that the A board is not available in Europe. Does it mean that I won't be able to developpe any solution for my S1 until then ? it's becoming annoying at the moment
2019-12-10
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Napalm78 Posted at 12-10 13:55
I can see that the A board is not available in Europe. Does it mean that I won't be able to developpe any solution for my S1 until then ? it's becoming annoying at the moment

I bought all my RoboMaster electronics through Amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=robom ... &ref=nb_sb_noss
2019-12-10
Use props
Napalm78
lvl.2
France

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 12-10 16:25
I bought all my RoboMaster electronics through Amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=robomaster+type+a+development+board&ref=nb_sb_noss

I see. Quiet expensive by the way for such a little board. Can't we do it directly with the S1 board ?
2019-12-11
Use props
FraNCKDJI
lvl.2
Mexico

g1107 Posted at 2019-11-9 02:28

could you share a connection scheme
2020-2-19
Use props
djiuser_uTqctdr9d9Ol
New

United States

vegaf1 Posted at 2019-12-10 10:34
@g1107, can you share how you hacked the mbus protocol, or where you found the resources to complete this task?

Were you able to find this information?
2020-3-11
Use props
DJVT
lvl.1

Germany

Hi all!

I am new to the Robomaster Project. Just received my S1 and a Type-A development board is on the way. I am curious if anyone continued with this and ask myself what do I need to make the drievtrain, gimbal and gun be controlled via the TYPE-A dev board. I have a jobless Jetson Nano and a Realsense 435i to also be able to exchange the top unit so I should have all that's needed to be able to completely freely upgrade my Robomaster S1. But I am lacking the expertise to do all the coding myself. Could anyone please post a link to a repo or something besides the Robomaster project on Github where I could find help?  Or has this project continued at another place?

Cheers,

DJVT
2021-2-6
Use props
WALLY21
lvl.1

United States

years went by.
where are u now with S1 project ?
2-26 20:37
Use props
heiyt
lvl.1

Hong Kong

can you share the m bus communication protocols? thank you very much!!!
3-17 20:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules