Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robnoxious
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229367 ft
United States

No data to IMU.
I get this warning when I power up the drone.  There will be no camera view,
There will also be no map data on the app. If I let the drone sit, it usually will go green in a minute.
Sometimes rebooting the drone will clear it and will be ready to takeoff.

It just started this behavior recently,. Always would start right up for months.
Any ideas?
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom is having issue taking off. Regarding the error message for the IMU. Prior from getting this issue did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash? If not have you tried to do an IMU calibration? For the camera, are you seeing any error messages pertaining to " No Image Transmission " ? If yes, please try to relink the drone and remote controller. For reference, I will providing you an official DJI tutorial video on how to link the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
( ). Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-11-8
Use props
Robnoxious
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-8 15:45
Hi, I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom is having issue taking off. Regarding the error message for the IMU. Prior from getting this issue did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash? If not have you tried to do an IMU calibration? For the camera, are you seeing any error messages pertaining to " No Image Transmission " ? If yes, please try to relink the drone and remote controller. For reference, I will providing you an official DJI tutorial video on how to link the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVwvfIdnXA ). Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
I will try the IMU calibration.  Relinking is not an issue as I am connected the whole time. When the camera starts giving the App a picture, the IMU error goes away. It's almost like the camera is "warming up".  No issues in flight once it goes ready. Really strange.  No hard landings or crashes. The drone is in excellent condition.
2019-11-9
Use props
Robnoxious
lvl.2
United States

IMU calibration success......has no effect on the no data from IMU error.  I just let the drone sit powered up for a few minutes, and it will clear.  Real scary to know it can happen in the air
2019-11-10
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

any hard landings. or drops while stored? perhaps something is loose? just throwing ideas not saying thats the cause. but never hurts ya know
2019-11-10
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Robnoxious Posted at 11-9 14:51
I will try the IMU calibration.  Relinking is not an issue as I am connected the whole time. When the camera starts giving the App a picture, the IMU error goes away. It's almost like the camera is "warming up".  No issues in flight once it goes ready. Really strange.  No hard landings or crashes. The drone is in excellent condition.

I found with my P4Pro that if you calibrate the IMU in a warm environment,  it needs to "warm up" before the error goes away.

Try an IMU Calibration with the bird fairly cool/cold...... But once it sits for a bit 30 seconds to 1 or 2 min and the IMU error goes away.....you "should" be good to fly.

I live in San Diego......it's been 55 deg to 95 deg for 8 months......

Randy
2019-11-10
Use props
Robnoxious
lvl.2
United States

Reasonable response.  I will give the cool IMU calibration a try. Thanks for the reply.
2019-11-11
Use props
Robnoxious
lvl.2
United States

Found the issue on my own....posting as DJI doesn't seem to have follow up other than a canned "re-link" your controller...lmao.  The issue is with the battery.  There is no battery data at all during this IMU error.  I swap batteries and like magic, it has IMU data (as well as battery data). It's a known issue with other DJI drones according to my research. On the bright side, there is no problems with my drone. On the dark side.....I am kinda bummed they never responded to my follow up, or the others who have found this exact issue on other drones.  At least I don't own a brick
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_TlA3Gcvm94a5
lvl.1

United States

I am having the issue where it tells me Cannot Takeoff. Everything is up to date and I can't even move both joysticks to center and force it to go up. Why is this happening?
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_GnGUyIBWx0gh
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just bought a Mavic 2.  I went out to fly it today but it says cannot take off.  All settings are green on the menu.
Any.ideas?
Thanks.
2023-8-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_GnGUyIBWx0gh Posted at 8-16 01:46
Just bought a Mavic 2.  I went out to fly it today but it says cannot take off.  All settings are green on the menu.
Any.ideas?
Thanks.

Post a screen capture of the message.
Touch the warning/message and see what appears, post a screen capture of that too. etc. etc.
2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_GnGUyIBWx0gh Posted at 8-16 01:46
Just bought a Mavic 2.  I went out to fly it today but it says cannot take off.  All settings are green on the menu.
Any.ideas?
Thanks.

Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you post a video here for us to help you? You can save it to your Google Drive or YouTube and then paste the link here. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-16
Use props
Flyangel
lvl.1

Portugal

djiuser_TlA3Gcvm94a5 Posted at 2022-11-10 06:18
I am having the issue where it tells me Cannot Takeoff. Everything is up to date and I can't even move both joysticks to center and force it to go up. Why is this happening?

Hi.Did you fixed your problem?I have the same
2023-10-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Flyangel Posted at 10-16 23:27
Hi.Did you fixed your problem?I have the same

Hello there, Flyangel. May I know what error message are you getting from your screen and what is your drone? Thank you.
2023-10-17
Use props
Jacksonsmith023
lvl.1

Pakistan

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot this problem:

1. Check Connections: Ensure all cables and connections between the drone and the IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) are secure. Loose connections could cause this issue.

2. Firmware Update: Make sure your drone's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, outdated firmware can lead to unexpected issues. Update if necessary.

3. Calibration: Try calibrating the IMU and the drone as a whole. This can often resolve sensor-related problems.

4. Environment: Consider any recent changes in your flying environment. Interference from nearby electronic devices or changes in the location you're flying could affect the IMU's performance.

5. Reset to Defaults: If the problem persists, you might want to reset the drone to its default settings and reconfigure it from scratch. Be sure to back up any important data or settings before doing this.

6. Contact Support: If the issue continues after trying these steps, it's a good idea to reach out to the drone's manufacturer or customer support. They might have specific insights into the problem or recommend further actions.
2023-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules