Problems with the new firmware
1108 4 2019-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimedy
New

Finland

Hi everyone.

Apologies if there is a topic covering my question, but couldn't find one. I've had few problems after updating the firmwire to my Osmo Pocket. It worked flawlessly before the update.

1. Dark areas in the shot get pixelated.

Say it's night, I'm filming in the city -- plenty of light, cars, streetlights, neon signs. It's so bright I can use ISO 100 and 1/50 shutterspeed. The lit areas are bright and dark areas, shadows are just black. This is how it used to be.

After the update all I get is super pixelated dark areas, so pixelated the material is useless. By pixels I'm not talking about picture noise but actual pixels.

2. Cannot connect my phone to Mimo App while using the wifi base

My phone is iPhone 6s. The Wifi base doesn't work with the Mimo App after the update. I need to turn off my mobile data before it connects to my Osmo Pocket.

Has anyone else had these problems and if so, how did you manage to get around them/fix them?

I can live with the mobile data gimmick, but I really need to fix the pixelated footage problem because it's ruining my project...
2019-11-9
Use props
Ujwal Barbde
lvl.1

India

Did you encounter any problems with audio recording?
2019-11-10
Use props
Jimedy
New

United Kingdom

Ujwal Barbde Posted at 11-10 20:35
Did you encounter any problems with audio recording?

No, nothing. Just the blocky dark areas in image. Doesn't happen all the time, but often when shooting in dark conditions.
2019-11-11
Use props
Mohinder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 920489 ft
Ireland

Is possible to do downgrade firmware?
2019-11-30
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Mohinder Posted at 11-30 19:35
Is possible to do downgrade firmware?

I would imagine that's the "fix". But, for whatever reasons, most developers are hesitant to allow people to migrate back.
2019-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules