Airport No Fly Zones?
1868 14 2019-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft
Philippines

I can't find any posts that tell exactly what happens when you fly close to, or enter into an airport No Fly Zone. It seems like the Drone is supposed to alert you when you get close, or enter a NFZ, but I am not sure. I have read where the Drone supposedly stopped and hovered when approaching a NFZ. Stopped and hovered and would not move after entering, or stopped and landed among other disturbing scenarios.   A friend and I have been filming the progress on a bridge being built from Cebu to Mactan Island to give increased access to Mactan Cebu International Airport. We have been flying from the Cebu side, but were going to try flying from Mactan. After checking Google Maps it looked like the NFZ was very close to where we would have to take off from on Mactan Island, so we decided to stay on the Cebu side.
   Could someone who knows please explain exactly what happens with the Drone when you approach or enter an airprt NFZ?

2019-11-9
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would not risk it. For the safety of everyone, I would request a permission and fly.
2019-11-9
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

dronespilot Posted at 11-9 21:34
I would not risk it. For the safety of everyone, I would request a permission and fly.

I have no intention of flying into an NFZ, I just want to know what happens with the Drone when you approach or enter one by mistake. I don't want to suppose what happens, I want to know what happens.
2019-11-9
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I understand your point.

See this thread. It has a real-life scenario of a similar situation

https://forum.dji.com/thread-172177-1-1.html

Hope it helps

2019-11-9
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

dronespilot Posted at 11-9 22:44
Yes, I understand your point.

See this thread. It has a real-life scenario of a similar situation

Thanks, I checked it out. If you are approaching an airport NFZ, do you get any kind of warning either audible or visual from your controller that you are approaching an NFZ, so you can stop?
2019-11-9
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

rbtmckny Posted at 11-9 23:37
Thanks, I checked it out. If you are approaching an airport NFZ, do you get any kind of warning either audible or visual from your controller that you are approaching an NFZ, so you can stop?

If you are close to an airport, you will have a fly with caution message at takeoff.
You can’t enter in a NFZ, if it is in the DJI fly safe data base. The drone will bounce against the zone edge, you should also ear a warning message and sense vibrations on the controler.
2019-11-9
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

Fre Mo Posted at 11-9 23:43
If you are close to an airport, you will have a fly with caution message at takeoff.
You can’t enter in a NFZ, if it is in the DJI fly safe data base. The drone will bounce against the zone edge, you should also ear a warning message and sense vibrations on the controler.

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know.
2019-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Trying to fly into a NFZ will be like hitting an invisible wall,  the drone will just stop.
2019-11-11
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

DAFlys Posted at 11-11 00:18
Trying to fly into a NFZ will be like hitting an invisible wall,  the drone will just stop.

Thanks for letting me know.
2019-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

rbtmckny Posted at 11-11 05:12
Thanks for letting me know.

Same thing happens for an authorisation zone which is a little annoying sometime.
2019-11-11
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I remember seeing a red color border on the screen of my mobile device which indicated NFZ area. I was able to get close to the border but did not penetrate. Instead I was able to turn around and keep away from that area. I didn't any vibration or voice message warning. I've heard others say that the drone would immediately descend and land even in water. Yikes!  
2019-11-11
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

SD_Pilot Posted at 11-11 05:42
I remember seeing a red color border on the screen of my mobile device which indicated NFZ area. I was able to get close to the border but did not penetrate. Instead I was able to turn around and keep away from that area. I didn't any vibration or voice message warning. I've heard others say that the drone would immediately descend and land even in water. Yikes!

Yes I have heard of the Drone descending also, that is why I was trying to find out exactly what happens.
2019-11-16
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

had one experience with that situation, I was asked by the fire department to fly my drone in order to get a visual on a couple of kids that drifted with the tide away from the beach,  we forgot all about the NFZ, all of a sudden the screen on my tablet went blank, would not come back on,  being over water my wife and I figured that was the end of my MP,  it was 6 or 7 minutes later that we heard that wonderful sound of my drone coming back home and the app came back on.
2019-11-17
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 11-17 03:14
had one experience with that situation, I was asked by the fire department to fly my drone in order to get a visual on a couple of kids that drifted with the tide away from the beach,  we forgot all about the NFZ, all of a sudden the screen on my tablet went blank, would not come back on,  being over water my wife and I figured that was the end of my MP,  it was 6 or 7 minutes later that we heard that wonderful sound of my drone coming back home and the app came back on.

My goodness, that is a terrible thing to experience.  Glad it came back though.  i am totally not a fan of having control taken away.
2019-11-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

Neo Supreme Posted at 11-18 09:15
My goodness, that is a terrible thing to experience.  Glad it came back though.  i am totally not a fan of having control taken away.

not too many people are fans of that either. Terrible feeling!
2019-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules