123Next >
2806 88 2019-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
2wenty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72316 ft
United States

Well here we go again. A DJI Mavic cost me yet another job do to malfunction. Another job I had to travel out of state for. I can not express the frustration with this companies shoddy products.

Took off with the Mavic Pro, it got up to about 15 feet then I was prompted with a waiver I had to sign in that area to fly. The Mavic was hovering as I clicked the circle with the check mark in the dumb wavier and as soon as I hit accept it started spinning like a ninja star, I went full back and down and crashed it into the ground so it didnt spin off into the guys 15+ million dollar house or Porsche.

All the while my friend was running a Ronin-S that kept shutting down.

DJI F@^KED our job and the client is pi$$ed. I drove out from Los Angeles to Arizona for this. This is unacceptable. I expect a response from someone that has the power to make something happen, I dont want to hear and canned statement. You have cost me in the tens of thousands. If this goes unresolved be prepared for this to go to social media. I will start the hash tag #mavicmondays and post every monday about this and encourage others to do the same.   

So far as I can tell DJI is a major liability to all professionals who use their product. This is the third time DJI has malfunctioned and cost me work and furture work from those clients.

2019-11-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Oh no, this is terrible story! Did your back-up drone failed as well? Anyway, please don't do anything too drastic to punish DJI. You know how Chinese will react to your social media publishing ... Public executions, family imprisoning, mass suicidal jumps off their Shenzen headquarters ... At least wait until I receive just ordered batteries for my Mavic 2 Pro, please ...
2019-11-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Picture or it did not happen ......  

But serious, it will help to show the flightlog to make your point better.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB

2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

2019-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

$15M+ home and Porsche and they hired you with an M1 and a Ronin-S with broken equipment?  How do you market?

I've never had any failure from DJI, not even once but I've joined in with DJI products made in 2018 or newer.

2019-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What camera settings did you have for this picture?
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-10 03:47
$15M+ home and Porsche and they hired you with an M1 and a Ronin-S with broken equipment?  How do you market?

I've never had any failure from DJI, not even once but I've joined in with DJI products made in 2018 or newer.

Well wether you have or not I have, look at the video, theres your proof.

What do you think people were using a year ago? You think just because the new version comes out the old one is junk? The video quality is just fine.
2019-11-10
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

2wenty Posted at 11-10 04:00

What do you think people were using a year ago? You think just because the new version comes out the old one is junk? The video quality is just fine.

yes please post your flight log like member JJB* asked you to. We would like to see his results.
2019-11-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What do you think people were using a year ago? You think just because the new version comes out the old one is junk? The video quality is just fine.

When a new version comes out, usually the stuff is ironed out of problems plagued by the older version.  The P4PV2.0 takes a long time to boot up the controller compared to any other controller unless you are using something cheap that is newer like the Spark.

Some jello in the Phantom too where the M2s have absolute Zero jello.
2019-11-10
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

2wenty Posted at 11-10 03:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydH4Ilcknzg&feature=youtu.be

Did you see the message at 18 seconds about propeller loose?
2019-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The house looks great the Porsche looks fine, hows the drone,
Any good commercial pilot would know and have done his homework prior to starting this job, it looks like and sounds like the customer hired two cowboys who judging by what you are saying here, it is very lucky for the client that you never got off the ground, and I’m afraid it only got worse for you when you mentioned the Ronin, what two clowns rack up for a job without checking out their equipment or doing any preplaning and then to make matters worse just like Laurel & Hardy come here to tell the story, this has been the best laugh I’ve had all week ..........
2019-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

2wenty Posted at 11-10 03:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydH4Ilcknzg&feature=youtu.be

You had a loose Prop hahahahaha it just keeps getting better hehehehehehe........
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

Marty Markoe Posted at 11-10 04:54
Did you see the message at 18 seconds about propeller loose?

The loose prop is from when it crashed into the ground.
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 05:23
You had a loose Prop hahahahaha it just keeps getting better hehehehehehe........

You're an idiot. Unless you have something useful to say gtfoh.
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

Just bought a brand new Mavic Platinum at best buy and the SD card that it came with will not eject. DJI = junk.
2019-11-10
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Been flying my Mavic over 2 years and never a failure.  I'd like to see your record to see what happened.  Post the flight record as asked in Post #3 by JJB* so we all can see what happened.  
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-10 04:08
When a new version comes out, usually the stuff is ironed out of problems plagued by the older version.  The P4PV2.0 takes a long time to boot up the controller compared to any other controller unless you are using something cheap that is newer like the Spark.

Some jello in the Phantom too where the M2s have absolute Zero jello.

Im a cowboy but yet you want to know my settings.
2019-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

2wenty Posted at 11-10 10:24
You're an idiot. Unless you have something useful to say gtfoh.

I think it was you who hadn’t anything useful to say, and as you can see nobody gives a sh#t , but everyone is having a good laugh this Sunday .
2019-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

2wenty Posted at 11-10 10:23
The loose prop is from when it crashed into the ground.

You need to look within to find out what went wrong here .
2019-11-10
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like you had a loose prop(s).
2019-11-10
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Just post a link to your flight log and be done with it.
2019-11-10
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

2wenty Posted at 11-10 10:41
Im a cowboy but yet you want to know my settings.

Certainly we would like to see your settings (Flight record)  In order to determine what happened to your drone and as a learning experience for yourself and for others to prevent this from happening to others.  
2019-11-10
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

United States

Unless you're willing to post the log (which you seem to already know how to do) you aren't going to get much sympathy or useful information from the folks here. However, if all you're wanting is for one of the DJI employees to look into this, I'm sure they'll gladly do so, but I suggest you remember the old saying about catching more flies with honey. Threatening to "go to social media" isn't going to sway them, as I've seen that or worse threatened countless times on here, and if anything it seems to be counterproductive to getting a resolution in the customer's favor.
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 11-10 11:34

Checked them really well before the flight and it also hovered for long enough for that to show up.

Im not going to post the flight record, the location is confidential.

It still stands that DJI is bad product. Out of control drone, cutting out ronin, just bought a brand new mavic last night after this happened and the factory SD won't come out (known problem) and it won't activate, the blue just goes grey and sits there (known problem). For this kind of money its a joke. The only laughing matter here is DJI's reliability.

Fact is no other brand has problems like this. Been shooting Sony cameras since 2011, out of 5 cameras Ive never had 1 hiccup ever and I shoot almost everyday.
2019-11-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, we're sorry to know about this. Could you PM us with more details of the issues you encountered and the serial number of the unit for better assistance? We're here to help. Thank you in advance.
2019-11-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Video quality looks fine to me.
Picture quality of property and car is what I would expect from a picture compressed  for uploading to forum for viewing.
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l Posted at 11-10 12:52
Unless you're willing to post the log (which you seem to already know how to do) you aren't going to get much sympathy or useful information from the folks here. However, if all you're wanting is for one of the DJI employees to look into this, I'm sure they'll gladly do so, but I suggest you remember the old saying about catching more flies with honey. Threatening to "go to social media" isn't going to sway them, as I've seen that or worse threatened countless times on here, and if anything it seems to be counterproductive to getting a resolution in the customer's favor.

As I said below the location is confidential and Im not going to post it on here. Im looking for a response from DJI. I don't need help from random people commenting on stuff that has no bearing to whats going on.

At this point I really don't care if DJI takes this as a threat. This is 3rd failed drone that has ruined business for me. 2 failures which I had to travel out of state for (last one was controller disconnects and failed gimbal which lead to a crash from a brand new Mavic). Thousands of dollars lost on those and a lot more lost on this one. Its not like what Im saying is unknown, a google search shows all these problems with multiple people.

This is just unacceptable on all levels. I just had to go put out another $1000 for a Mavic (which I don't want and the SD card is jammed in from the factory) to try and salvage this job which Im not even going to get paid on now and loss of future work from the same client. Unless someone from DJI wants to discuss this, its going to social media and my website.
2019-11-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 11-10 11:34

From video, you can see loose prop message came up, after drone had corkscrewed itself into ground.
Something like minus ten-foot altitude.  
2019-11-10
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

United States

2wenty Posted at 11-10 13:14
As I said below the location is confidential and Im not going to post it on here. Im looking for a response from DJI. I don't need help from random people commenting on stuff that has no bearing to whats going on.

At this point I really don't care if DJI takes this as a threat. This is 3rd failed drone that has ruined business for me. 2 failures which I had to travel out of state for (last one was controller disconnects and failed gimbal which lead to a crash from a brand new Mavic). Thousands of dollars lost on those and a lot more lost on this one. Its not like what Im saying is unknown, a google search shows all these problems with multiple people.

You're right about one thing: what you need isn't help from random people but a major attitude adjustment so that you don't lash out at those trying to offer helpful advice. Since you decided to get snarky, though, I'm happy to oblige.

You said this is the third time DJI has cost you money and yet you just bought another Mavic Pro Platinum while claiming DJI's products are garbage. Well, apparently you're a slow learner, but then street artists aren't known for being rocket scientists. Personally I suggest you limit yourself to making your little stick "art" and leave the complicated stuff like drones to those with at least a G.E.D. In the meantime, I'm sure one of the DJI employees will be glad to try to work with you: they always do when someone raises a concern on here even though most do so without the empty threats. As for your website and social media threat, knock yourself out: nobody knows or cares about your web site, and social media is chock full of complaints with far more merit than yours.
2019-11-10
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

As I said below the location is confidential and Im not going to post it on here. Im looking for a response from DJI. I don't need help from random people commenting on stuff that has no bearing to whats going on.

At this point I really don't care if DJI takes this as a threat. This is 3rd failed drone that has ruined business for me. 2 failures which I had to travel out of state for (last one was controller disconnects and failed gimbal which lead to a crash from a brand new Mavic). Thousands of dollars lost on those and a lot more lost on this one. Its not like what Im saying is unknown, a google search shows all these problems with multiple people.

It sounds like you bought a returned unit rather than a verifiably new one with that MPP. From recollection new ones don't usually come shipped with an SD card already installed. Shame that you've been having a run of bad luck with these products - hopefully if there's a fault with the manufacture and/or you are on the care refresh programme, it will be reasonably quick 'return & replace'.
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

New out of the box

2019-11-10
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I think maybe cowboy fits.  If you were a "professional", you wouldn't show up with a non-professional camera platform without a backup.  That said, I know you don't care, but I've flown mine for over two years and never had a control system failure like that.  In fact, I haven't had ANY Mavic failure, other than the pilot on one minor occasion with two damaged props the only damage.  Oh, by the way, the box with the waiver with a circle to check and another acknowledgement to click?  I get that every time I fly, because I'm close to the airport.  You shouldn't even be off the ground yet when that comes up. that soon.

JJB* gives very detailed analysis and I would guess that if you drop him a PM and ask (nicely), he would let you send him the log file link direct and either send you the results, or post them here with your permission.  We can all learn from the results, by the way, even if it is your fault.  We all make mistakes, and learn from the mistakes of others.
2019-11-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

2wenty Posted at 11-10 13:40
New out of the box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ldUeR_KjY&frags=pl%2Cwn

DJI should replace new drone with another new drone.   
But if you need drone now, and I not telling you to do this...

Have been able to pull stuck SD and micro SD cards out of slots, and slots work afterwards.

Best of Luck!
2019-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

As I said below the location is confidential and Im not going to post it on here. Im looking for a response from DJI. I don't need help from random people commenting on stuff that has no bearing to whats going on.

At this point I really don't care if DJI takes this as a threat. This is 3rd failed drone that has ruined business for me. 2 failures which I had to travel out of state for (last one was controller disconnects and failed gimbal which lead to a crash from a brand new Mavic). Thousands of dollars lost on those and a lot more lost on this one. Its not like what Im saying is unknown, a google search shows all these problems with multiple people.

Location is confidential!! You post a picture of your clients home and Car , I mean how many homes look like this on a common forum and this is how you offer confidentiality, I don’t think even cowboys would act in such a way, incidentally maybe try putting card up the right way it will save it getting stuck .....
2019-11-10
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l Posted at 11-10 13:26
You're right about one thing: what you need isn't help from random people but a major attitude adjustment so that you don't lash out at people trying to offer helpful advice. Since you decided to get snarky, though, I'm happy to oblige.

You said this is the third time where DJI has cost you money and yet you just bought another Mavic Pro Platinum after claiming DJI's products are garbage. Well, apparently you're a slow learner, but then street artists aren't known for being rocket scientists. Personally I suggest you limit yourself to making your little stick "art" and leave the complicated stuff like drones to those with at least a G.E.D. In the meantime, I'm sure one of the DJI employees will be glad to try to work with you: they always do when someone raises a concern on here. As for your website and social media threat, knock yourself out: nobody knows or cares about your web site, and social media is chock full of complaints with far more merit than yours.

Thanks for proving my point with your post full of useless information unrelated to the subject.

Attitude adjustment how? I never asked for help. I posted statements for DJI to read and I was only a di*k to hallmark.

Its probably hard for you to understand but Im forced to buy it to complete the job I was hired to do, its called integrity.

As far as stick art goes, gladly, its pays so I never have to another salve 9-5 job ever again. Post your social media so we can the exciting GED qualification life you lead.
2019-11-10
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

2wenty Posted at 11-10 13:59
Thanks for proving my point with your post full of useless information unrelated to the subject.

Attitude adjustment how? I never asked for help. I posted statements for DJI to read and I was only a di*k to hallmark.

You say you came here to post statements for DJI to read.....you came to the wrong place for that my friend. People here refuse to hear from people that don't want to post the info needed and will badger you to death until you give in.
2019-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Attitude adjustment how? I never asked for help. I posted statements for DJI to read and I was only a di*k to hallmark.

I find it almost impossible to believe this story , you refuse to put up flight log you ruined your drone again just as you were going to do a JOB.

Do you remember back in 2018 you had almost the same thing happen to you, you again crashed your drone blaming dji and claiming you again you were about to embark on a commercial job, I’m amazed at the total coincidence that seems to follow you around even down to those who along with yourself accept that both then and now dji are 100% at fault for your situation,  no proof but always one idiot that will believe you .
2019-11-10
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

United States

If you think you were only rude to Hallmark then that explains why a regular job isn't for you; most of them do require some ability to interact with others in a civil manner. This wasn't the first time, either:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-145347-5-1.html

It's not hard to understand that you had to buy another drone to complete the job, but it's less clear why you keep buying DJI drones if you really think they're garbage. Somehow saying "DJI drones are trash; I ought to know because I own THREE of them" just doesn't make a lot of sense.

It's also a real puzzler why someone so apparently concerned with social media would post in a public forum and then get indignant when people other than DJI employees reply to that post. Next time just contact DJI directly (they DO have a mechanism for this, you know) or accept the fact that when you post in a PUBLIC forum that you don't get to choose who responds or if the responses will be to your liking. Like some of the earlier comments, that's helpful advice whether you recognize it as such or not.
2019-11-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

"At this point I really don't care if DJI takes this as a threat ... Unless someone from DJI wants to discuss this, it's going to social media and my website ..."

Oh, pleeeeeeez ... Get real, my friend. You can't expect any fairness on their side after such childish statement. I wouldn't ...
2019-11-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules