4494 66 2019-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just cancelled my DJI store order for the Mavic Mini Fly More Combo.  I ordered it on the DJI store about 5 mins after it was available, so I know I had to be near the front of the queue and it still said 20-25 business days before it would be shipped.

Starting with the Spark, I've ordered nearly every consumer level DJI product directly from the DJI store they've released and have always received them on the first day the product is publicly available.  However, this time, it looks like DJI has decided to push the product out to their resellers instead of selling it themselves.

Because of this, my DJI Select membership I paid extra for is completely useless and instead of being able to take advantange of my forum points here and the few affiliate dollars I've collected, I've decided to pick it up from Best Buy.

Hopefully DJI plans a bit better for future releases.

Okay, done with my 3 yr old whiny tantrum.  

Have a great day everybody!  Looking forward to playing with my Mini tomorrow!

Cheers,
David  
#FirstWorldProblems
2019-11-10
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

ok good for you i guess. I'll just wait for mine to come from DJI. You youtube guys are a different breed.....
2019-11-10
Use props
Ryan_E94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74488 ft
United Kingdom

I did exactly the same, I cant blame you for doing the same, you expect a product to be in your hands on release day even more so when its come from the manufacturer directly.
2019-11-10
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee, wish you best. Look forward to your flight experience videos while I anticipate my DJI purchase arrival.
2019-11-10
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

i did the same. best buy says Nov 15th delivery. my dji order still says processing and 20-25 days delivery. I haven't cancelled dji order yet as I'm waiting to see how best buy updates the status of my order with them.
2019-11-10
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ryan_E94 Posted at 11-10 07:08
I did exactly the same, I cant blame you for doing the same, you expect a product to be in your hands on release day even more so when its come from the manufacturer directly.

I can’t blame those that cancel their orders with DJI. Although I am not cancelling mine. I agree that the point of pre-order directly with the company is so you can get yours as early as possible, etc etc. But at the same time, retailers are customers too and I’d say they pre-ordered just the same. Just guessing but I would say DJIs shipping gets directed to where the most money comes from first though.
2019-11-10
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The word is patience  What are 3 weeks in a human life. I guess some of you already have a drone. Fly this one for the coming weeks. The longer you wait the more you look forward getting it
2019-11-10
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Did you order via Best Buy Online or directly at the store???
2019-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is sad indeed.
I saw it at a store here in NL too.
2019-11-10
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-10 07:19
I can’t blame those that cancel their orders with DJI. Although I am not cancelling mine. I agree that the point of pre-order directly with the company is so you can get yours as early as possible, etc etc. But at the same time, retailers are customers too and I’d say they pre-ordered just the same. Just guessing but I would say DJIs shipping gets directed to where the most money comes from first though.

It’s seems that even small pop and mom shops got them.  I get the whole “let’s fulfill vendors orders first” but it kills me see that some of those are already reselling them for scalping prices.   This is my first time I  buy a drone from DJI and I thought I would have it by next week like most people will.  
2019-11-10
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did the exact same thing.  I ordered online from BB on Thursday after canceling my order with DJI.  It’s scheduled for tomorrow, but I haven’t received any shipping notifications from BB yet, so we’ll see.  DJI really didn’t handle this launch very well IMHO.  
2019-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It was the very same for Osmo pocket, Osmo Action. Osmo Mobile 3 was different, but again as with you it’s a great disappointment to me I have purchased all my products from dji but mainly because of logistics and part of the pleasure of doing this was members got to have their products before general public, it seems nowadays that’s a thing of the past and to rub salt in dji have decided those who put their money down first will be the last to receive, a right good kick in the teeth to all of us .
Thanks for posting the thread .
2019-11-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

im going to agree with you, it's a little irresponsible not the have enough supplies for everyone who wants one; what a shame we still live as if it's 2005.

if i were dji, i'd have a hard look at any retailer selling the fly more package for $600+, that's ridiculous.
2019-11-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. This is not the DJI experience we aim for, we'll make sure to take note of your feedback so that we can apply it for our future improvements. Rest assured that we will continue to improve our customer service and processes necessary for meeting customer's expectations. Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us. Your kind understanding is very much appreciated. Thank you.
2019-11-10
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

Hi Diana,

You say this and yet this was the exact same experience when the mavic pro was launched 3 years ago and nothing has changed. Obviously DJI does not care enough to listen to its customers on the forums.
2019-11-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 11-10 07:05
ok good for you i guess. I'll just wait for mine to come from DJI. You youtube guys are a different breed.....

It is about YouTube, but its also not.  I paid for the DJI Select membership.  One of the biggest selling points of this is early access to new products.  

Having a 20-25 BUSINESS day wait before shipping is not "Early access to new products".  

For years, many people lined up around the corner at Apple stores for the new iPhone.  They did it just to be one of the first to have it because they were excited about it, not necessarily because they are "youtube guys".  

But yes, putting out videos certainly does change the priority on it for me.

And yes, I am certainly a different breed, but that's got nothing to do with YT.  I'm just a weird dude, ask my teenager... he'll tell you!  
2019-11-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-10 07:19

I don't mind so much retailers getting it at the same time.  But getting it 2-4 weeks later is a big deal when considering I paid for DJI Select and would like to be able to use the small amounts of credits I have from participating in this forum and being an affiliate.

I would think DJI would want to in some way reward those type of customers.  
2019-11-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronie1965 Posted at 11-10 07:20
The word is patience  What are 3 weeks in a human life. I guess some of you already have a drone. Fly this one for the coming weeks. The longer you wait the more you look forward getting it

Patience?  What the h3ll is that?  I WANT IT NOW!!!  <Said in my screaming 3-yr old voice>

2019-11-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 11-10 09:10
Did you order via Best Buy Online or directly at the store???

I ordered online.  I couldn't decide whether to have them ship it to me or pick up in store.  I have to drive by a store pretty much everytime I leave my neighborhood, so just went for the pickup.  Kinda wish I would have went for delivery as I've heard some have gotten delivered today.  
2019-11-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 11-10 10:29
It’s seems that even small pop and mom shops got them.  I get the whole “let’s fulfill vendors orders first” but it kills me see that some of those are already reselling them for scalping prices.   This is my first time I  buy a drone from DJI and I thought I would have it by next week like most people will.

Like I mentioned, I've bought nearly every consumer level product DJI has released since the Spark and have always got them the day of or lots of times, the day before the official release date.
2019-11-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 12:18
It was the very same for Osmo pocket, Osmo Action. Osmo Mobile 3 was different, but again as with you it’s a great disappointment to me I have purchased all my products from dji but mainly because of logistics and part of the pleasure of doing this was members got to have their products before general public, it seems nowadays that’s a thing of the past and to rub salt in dji have decided those who put their money down first will be the last to receive, a right good kick in the teeth to all of us .
Thanks for posting the thread .

Yep.  If I didn't pay for DJI Select as well as the credits from this forum and being an affiliate, it might not be as big of a deal to me.
2019-11-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-10 12:48
im going to agree with you, it's a little irresponsible not the have enough supplies for everyone who wants one; what a shame we still live as if it's 2005.

if i were dji, i'd have a hard look at any retailer selling the fly more package for $600+, that's ridiculous.

Yep, I agree.
2019-11-10
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

KlooGee Posted at 11-10 13:27
Patience?  What the h3ll is that?  I WANT IT NOW!!!

Hang on and be carefull , patience turns into a patient
2019-11-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-10 13:03
Hi, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. This is not the DJI experience we aim for, we'll make sure to take note of your feedback so that we can apply it for our future improvements. Rest assured that we will continue to improve our customer service and processes necessary for meeting customer's expectations. Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us. Your kind understanding is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks Diana.  As I've reiterated in this thread, the biggest issue is that I've paid additional money to be a DJI Select member to get the earliest public access to the product as possible.  I've also got credits from participating in this forum as well as being an affiliate pointing new customers to your products to purchase.  

I'm not asking for special privileges, but I think ordering from the DJI Store with these variables in play should at least be able to get my drone on the first day like some random person walking into Best Buy instead of weeks later.

2019-11-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronie1965 Posted at 11-10 13:34
Hang on and be carefull , patience turns into a patient

Haha, I like it!  I'm going to have to borrow that one!
2019-11-10
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-10 13:30
Like I mentioned, I've bought nearly every consumer level product DJI has released since the Spark and have always got them the day of or lots of times, the day before the official release date.

That is the same reason I pre-ordered from DJI this time thinking that I would get it first than at the retailers.  Ironically, I always get my stuff from Best Buy and this time around it didn’t work for me.   I wish DJI addressed the big elephant in the room why we have to wait longer with them.   I understand they never promised that we would get them this week but still, why then allow people pre-order if they were not going to have any by the launch date.  
2019-11-10
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you did the right thing. I am not getting why it takes 20-25 business days to process and ship a product.
2019-11-10
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-10 13:23
It is about YouTube, but its also not.  I paid for the DJI Select membership.  One of the biggest selling points of this is early access to new products.  

[view_image]

I guess the older a person gets (i'm 63) you have more patients. Not getting any younger lol who knows....
2019-11-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 11-10 14:00
I guess the older a person gets (i'm 63) you have more patients. Not getting any younger lol who knows....

I'm not sure about that.... I seem to get less patient as I get older!  Glad you are mellowing though!  Lol!
2019-11-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

KlooGee Posted at 11-10 13:37
Thanks Diana.  As I've reiterated in this thread, the biggest issue is that I've paid additional money to be a DJI Select member to get the earliest public access to the product as possible.  I've also got credits from participating in this forum as well as being an affiliate pointing new customers to your products to purchase.  

I'm not asking for special privileges, but I think ordering from the DJI Store with these variables in play should at least be able to get my drone on the first day like some random person walking into Best Buy instead of weeks later.

Hi Kloo, Rest assured that you will be informed with the updates as soon as we received a Feedback from the Team. Thanks for your patience.
2019-11-10
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would also be disappointed too. You expect to have the shipment sooner because of the DJI select membership; at least a week or so and not 25-30 days later.   Totally unacceptable. I paid for the membership a few months ago but won't be renewing that's for sure.  DJI select sounds more like a gimmick.  Sounds good but it's not what one expects.  If anybody has had a wonderful experience with the membership please share with us ?  

I haven't used it yet but I guess I won't be looking forward to expecting anything close to what's offered?

Not buying the MM anyways but looking forward to the S2 until DJI comes out with another professional consumer drone.
2019-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

SD_Pilot Posted at 11-10 15:19
I would also be disappointed too. You expect to have the shipment sooner because of the DJI select membership; at least a week or so and not 25-30 days later.   Totally unacceptable. I paid for the membership a few months ago but won't be renewing that's for sure.  DJI select sounds more like a gimmick.  Sounds good but it's not what one expects.  If anybody has had a wonderful experience with the membership please share with us ?  

I haven't used it yet but I guess I won't be looking forward to expecting anything close to what's offered?

What would the S2 be?
2019-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

All combos seem to be shipping today, while Best Buy are warning of delays, hopefully this won’t be six of one and half a dozen of another for you .
2019-11-11
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 01:09
All combos seem to be shipping today, while Best Buy are warning of delays, hopefully this won’t be six of one and half a dozen of another for you .

I got my alert last night from BB that my combo is ready to be picked up this morning.
2019-11-11
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

The words "DJI" and "Disappointment" seems to got hand in hand.... if you get 10 times as much support for MavicMini as is for the CrystalSky than 10 x 0 is still ZERO!!!
2019-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KlooGee Posted at 11-11 03:52
I got my alert last night from BB that my combo is ready to be picked up this morning.

I guess Best Buy can work a bit like dji, as they have told at least some around here their orders will be delayed.
2019-11-11
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-10 23:56
What would the S2 be?

Skydio II  
2019-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ah ok.
That is out of my league
2019-11-11
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I ordered from Best Buy at 3 am this morning and the order is ready for pick up. Then I got an alert this morning that my DJI order arrives Wednesday. Lol.  I'm still keeping my DJI order.  For those stuck waiting for Best Buy orders, see if you can change for pick up.  Some stores have stock.  
2019-11-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I checked with support about my order through DJI. It’s just now in the process of being assigned a pick warehouse. Estimated ship date, December 6th. Being two days out of the loop on release date of this drone really does make a huge difference apparently!! I joked with my Fiancé that it would be a Christmas present. I wasn’t too far off from that it seems, LOL!!
2019-11-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules