I didn’t expect that you would.
2019-11-17
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

JodyB Posted at 11-17 16:04
I agree. I have a few devices that I could use that’s in the same exact boat.  Nice size tablets even. And that was my original intention. I’ve even bought the bracket that allows me to use tablets but none of them run 64 bit os so now I can’t use them. I’ll be stuck with a much smaller phone until I can afford a new tablet. Point here is, I know what the issue is and I know how to fix it. I know that it’s a difficult situation and fully understand and you guys, including myself, that are in this boat have my full sympathy.

We will hopefully see how this is going to turn out soon enough, because from my perspective this seems more like an oversight by the developers, rather than a "design choice".... Something along the lines "Do we still want to compile the 32 bit version as well? - Its's 2019, so it's probably redundant - Well OK... *App Released* - Probably was not as redundant as we thought."
2019-11-18
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gu5s Posted at 11-18 11:25
We will hopefully see how this is going to turn out soon enough, because from my perspective this seems more like an oversight by the developers, rather than a "design choice".... Something along the lines "Do we still want to compile the 32 bit version as well? - Its's 2019, so it's probably redundant - Well OK... *App Released* - Probably was not as redundant as we thought."

I like to think of it as more of one of the many "Oh ..." moments!!
2019-11-18
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine arrived today.  Can verify that it works with a Samsung Note 8.
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

So I'm just about at the end of my rope here... not going to buy a new phone for my son for what's supposed to be his big Christmas present.  I was going to wait a bit longer to see what develops before returning it, but it looks like they're not doing anything about this.  Not even a statement from DJI that gives me any hope.  Does anyone know what non-DJI drone is out there in the same price range that will work with a normal phone (Moto G5s Plus)?
2019-12-7
Use props
fans40b390e7
lvl.2

United States

The easiest way to get DJI attention is to return it as defective. I returned mine yesterday to Best Buy. They asked me if there is anything wrong with it and I state it didn't work. Two co-workers are doing the same. Maybe there will be a great deal on refurbished Minis in the coming months. I see this is the only way to get DJI to look into the app.  
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

fans40b390e7 Posted at 12-7 04:24
The easiest way to get DJI attention is to return it as defective. I returned mine yesterday to Best Buy. They asked me if there is anything wrong with it and I state it didn't work. Two co-workers are doing the same. Maybe there will be a great deal on refurbished Minis in the coming months. I see this is the only way to get DJI to look into the app.

Thank you very much for that suggestion.  I will absolutely be doing that.  Sick of checking all these boards multiple times per day to find no progress.
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

Looks like the Parrot Anafi is the best choice out there in the same price range that will actually fly.  No compatibility issues with the FreeFlight 6 app on any of my Android devices.  Will be returning my mini to Best Buy as defective as soon as the Anafi arrives and I have a chance to test it out.  Thanks, DJI, for making this an easy decision by sticking your head in the sand and pretending this isn't an issue.
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_7KS7PGB6VrAJ
New

Czechia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-11 07:50
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. We've checked the compatible devices that you could use with our DJI Fly app, and we've found out that our application doesn't support the mobile device that you would like to use. We highly recommend using a compatible device to run the application and ensure the stability when using it. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience that it cause. You may refer to the screenshot below for compatible devices. Thank you for understanding.[Image]
Hello, yesreday I received my mavic mini and cannot connected with my samsung galaxy note9, can you help?
2019-12-7
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_7KS7PGB6VrAJ Posted at 12-7 06:00
Hello, yesreday I received my mavic mini and cannot connected with my samsung galaxy note9, can you help?

Are you on android 10 ? If yes that's your problem.
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_7KS7PGB6VrAJ
New

Czechia

I have Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and I am not able to connect to my mavic  mini
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_7KS7PGB6VrAJ
New

Czechia

lifeisfun Posted at 12-7 06:32
Are you on android 10 ? If yes that's your problem.

I have Android 9
2019-12-7
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

Hm, strange, working fine on my Note8 give me 5, I'll try Note 9

UPDATE:

Tested on Note 9 N960W with November1 patch and working fine.

2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_7KS7PGB6VrAJ
New

Czechia

lifeisfun Posted at 12-7 07:00
Hm, strange, working fine on my Note8 give me 5, I'll try Note 9

UPDATE:
Me too 1 November but still no connection
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_7KS7PGB6VrAJ
New

Czechia

Can you help please?
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_7KS7PGB6VrAJ
New

Czechia

Just try it with my old Samsung galaxy s7 and it works
2019-12-7
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

Did you allow all necessary permissions to the app after installation?

2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_7KS7PGB6VrAJ
New

Czechia

Thanks for your support. Just found out what was not working. The cover of my phone note9 is too thick, so the cable was not well connected. Now all working :-)
2019-12-7
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_7KS7PGB6VrAJ Posted at 12-7 08:05
Thanks for your support. Just found out what was not working. The cover of my phone note9 is too thick, so the cable was not well connected. Now all working :-)

That was easy
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_dX6gmoxd6VTk
New

Australia

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Android 9 and 64bit OS  the app will still not load and says the device is not suitable. Can anyone offer any help
2019-12-18
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_dX6gmoxd6VTk Posted at 12-18 05:32
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Android 9 and 64bit OS  the app will still not load and says the device is not suitable. Can anyone offer any help

Currently, there are no tablets on the supported list. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A that will not work. For me and the Tab A, the app just would not show up in the play store which is a sign that the app is not supported on that device. DJI has stated here on the forum that they are testing more devices and will be adding more to the compatibility list as time goes on, seems they are dragging their feet though. I also think they should be more open about their testing progress and with the whole 64-bit issue.
2019-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules