Disable Beginner Mode forever
1928 20 2019-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brucenz
lvl.1
New Zealand

Is there a way to disable the need for Phantom 3 Std to be always connected to DJI Go to exceed the geo fence set in Beginner Mode ?

I use my Phantom for fishing and never use the camera or look at the phone display (mostly because it's too hard to see in the sun), I fly only up to 300m away so don't need the benefit of the DJI Go. It's a real problem to go down to the beach and find that I haven't got my phone or that it is low on battery as i need to always fly further than 30m.

cheers, Bruce
2019-11-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It’s good for rank amateurs...

Why don’t you want others to have that safety line?

Or, I misinterpreted what you meant.

RedHotPoker

2019-11-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I am really having trouble understanding your problem. It is possible to switch off beginner mode in the settings.
2019-11-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, it’s a user friendly adjustable parameter. Switchable by you, the pilot.

RedHotPoker
2019-11-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it because if he doesnt connect using the dji app the beginner mode is enabled?

He doesnt want to use a connected device, just the RC, thats when its going into beginner mode, thats my take on it..
2019-11-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bashy Posted at 11-11 19:12
Is it because if he doesnt connect using the dji app the beginner mode is enabled?

He doesnt want to use a connected device, just the RC, thats when its going into beginner mode, thats my take on it..

I think you are right, but I don't know why anyone would want to fly the aircraft without some form of display to warn you if there is a problem, like battery level for example.
2019-11-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 11-11 20:07
I think you are right, but I don't know why anyone would want to fly the aircraft without some form of display to warn you if there is a problem, like battery level for example.

For sure, i wouldnt,  
2019-11-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The display is everything, with these models. Particularly for distant flight. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-11-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Granted, distant is not what you need for dropping ya bait and i spose a screen is not important too but its needed for the purpose of a safe flight
2019-11-12
Use props
brucenz
lvl.1
New Zealand

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-11 01:12
It’s good for rank amateurs...

Sorry to be unclear, I wanted to permanently get rid of Beginner Mode for myself.
2019-11-15
Use props
brucenz
lvl.1
New Zealand

Geebax Posted at 11-11 13:06
I am really having trouble understanding your problem. It is possible to switch off beginner mode in the settings.

I want to be able to fly beyond 30m (up to 300m) without having to be connected to a device apart from the transmitter. I've been flying drones for years safely (in sight with the naked eye) without such requirements.
2019-11-15
Use props
brucenz
lvl.1
New Zealand

Bashy Posted at 11-11 19:12

He doesnt want to use a connected device, just the RC, thats when its going into beginner mode, thats my take on it..

You're on to it!
I want to be able to fly beyond 30m (up to 300m) without having to be connected to a device apart from the transmitter. I've been flying drones for years safely (in sight with the naked eye) without such requirements.
2019-11-15
Use props
brucenz
lvl.1
New Zealand

Geebax Posted at 11-11 20:07

A major problem for me with the necessity of having to use an attached device, has been to find a device with a readable screen in the sun on the beach.
Anyway, the phantom returns to home with low battery without the pilot having to see a low battery display and take any action.
I'm only flying 300m maximum away so I don't see any safety issues
2019-11-15
Use props
brucenz
lvl.1
New Zealand

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-11 20:53
The display is everything, with these models. Particularly for distant flight. ;-)

I've yet to find a screen that is readable in bright light on the beach while attending to the Drone and the fishing gear. I have tried screen filters but not much help.
It's not practical to have to get into some shady place to look at a screen.
2019-11-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

brucenz Posted at 11-15 15:20
I've yet to find a screen that is readable in bright light on the beach while attending to the Drone and the fishing gear. I have tried screen filters but not much help.

You can buy hoods to go over the screen so they can be viewed in bright sunlight.
2019-11-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 11-15 17:16
You can buy hoods to go over the screen so they can be viewed in bright sunlight.

Geoff, Beat me to it... yes, there are always, ways around any difficulty, a hobby class drone could throw at you,

Just short of a tomahawk missile. Haha

You could build a simple “blinder, sun blocker” as many here have done in the recent and not so recent past.

RedHotPoker
2019-11-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

brucenz Posted at 11-15 15:20
I've yet to find a screen that is readable in bright light on the beach while attending to the Drone and the fishing gear. I have tried screen filters but not much help.

I often recommended people try the www.ghost-armor.com matte shield sun protector?

It’s helped many, through the brightest days of sun.

Plus, if you are out on the water, aren’t you already wearing Polaroid lenses, shades

RedHotPoker
2019-11-15
Use props
brucenz
lvl.1
New Zealand

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-15 17:48
I often recommended people try the www.ghost-armor.com matte shield sun protector?

Thanks for your replies, comments and ideas.
I have purchased hoods, one for my phone and one for my tablet and fitted  matte screen covers but that has not been a solution in either case. As I said earlier it is difficult to be peering at a screen doing the flying and attending to the fishing gear at the same time. No, I never wear sunglasses, and never have because I lose my perception of distance. I might try polaroids to see if that helps with seeing the screen if I feel the need.
At present I connect to my phone then put it in my pocket.
I used a bad topic heading which was misunderstood. all I wanted to know if the Beginner Mode could be disabled on my drone so there was no need to connect.
At the end of the day it appears that there is no way to avoid Beginner Mode without a device connected so I guess I have to live with that.
thanks everyone, cheers, Bruce

2019-11-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suppose having a device attached only means a slower setup, what i mean is, thats the only downside for you, you wont be looking at the screen so pretend its not there
2019-11-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes , if you don’t require it, don’t look... hahaha

RedHotPoker
2019-11-16
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

No mobile connection to the bird activate an automatic geo fence arround you 50 meter in distance and 30 meters in height. This is a part of the firmware named as safefly database.
2019-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules