Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is there going to be a D-Log setting for the Osmo Pocket?
6198 9 2019-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mitchVFX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey DJI family!

Im sure there is a thread somewhere with an answer but couldnt find it myself...

But is there going to be a D-Log shooting mode for the Osmo Pocket? I am using mine to shoot VFX plates for teaching material and could really do with a little more detail at different exposures! I remember seeing in the Osmo Pocket page it said that it would be possible...

Cheers!
2019-11-11
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

There is "D-cinelike" which is, more or less, a flat profile.
2019-11-11
Use props
mitchVFX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 11-11 03:23
There is "D-cinelike" which is, more or less, a flat profile.

yeah D-Cinelike is better than 'Normal' for my uses, but ideally need D-Log to capture a little more dynamic range in my shots

I remember seeing a D-Log profile will be available at some point, but that was a very long time ago
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for your query regarding D Log for your DJI Osmo Pocket. As of the moment the D-Cinelike shooting mode is available on the DJI Osmo Pocket. In addition, we do not have any information if the D Log profile will be available for the DJI Osmo Pocket in the future. For the latest updates with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application kindly please visit our official website at https://www.dji.com/ for the latest details. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2019-11-11
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

"I remember seeing a D-Log profile will be available at some point, but that was a very long time ago"

I think that, in the beginning, there was some "D-cinelike" and "D-log" confusion.
2019-11-11
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Is D-Log really useful at eight bit? With the sensor size of the Osmo Pocket I can't help thinking it would look noisy in all but perfect shooting conditions.
2019-11-11
Use props
mitchVFX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 11-11 14:47
"I remember seeing a D-Log profile will be available at some point, but that was a very long time ago"

I think that, in the beginning, there was some "D-cinelike" and "D-log" confusion.

ah okay, makes sense. it was at the beginning of advertising that I saw it was going to support D-Log so perhaps it was just that... would be nice as a feature though, especially as other DJI products have it
2019-11-12
Use props
mitchVFX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-11 08:33
Hi, thank you for your query regarding D Log for your DJI Osmo Pocket. As of the moment the D-Cinelike shooting mode is available on the DJI Osmo Pocket. In addition, we do not have any information if the D Log profile will be available for the DJI Osmo Pocket in the future. For the latest updates with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application kindly please visit our official website at https://www.dji.com/ for the latest details. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Thank you! I will keep an eye out if there is an update with D-Log! I know it would be useful to myself and a couple of other VFX Artists who use the Osmo Pocket for shots cheers!
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mitchVFX Posted at 11-12 05:41
Thank you! I will keep an eye out if there is an update with D-Log! I know it would be useful to myself and a couple of other VFX Artists who use the Osmo Pocket for shots  cheers!

You are very much welcome. Thank you and happy filming.
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_iKHCB3QllGyp
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've done a video on the differences, I always use Cine-like. You can get a lot more detail out of it, but I'd only use it if you wanna colour grade.
2019-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules