Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic mini
3034 30 2019-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Ah, I see fly app specified for android 6 or above.

Csky is still on version 2 , so I presume there is precious little hope of it working with M mini.

Dissappointing  for me,  but I suppose things move on.

2019-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I doubt CS is intended to work with MM.
But only time will tell.
2019-11-11
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

CS is Android 5
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, the Mavic Mini doesn't support the Crystal sky as the Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new app, DJI Fly. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. If you have relevant compatibility requirements, please feel free to tell us. Your suggestions are very important to us. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-11
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-11 07:26
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, the Mavic Mini doesn't support the Crystal sky as the Mavic Mini is an entry-level product that is used with our brand-new app, DJI Fly. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. If you have relevant compatibility requirements, please feel free to tell us. Your suggestions are very important to us. Thank you for your understanding.

Of course the Mavic Mini doesn't support CrystalSky... neither does DJI.
2019-11-11
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Why doesn't Crystal Sky work with the Mavic Mni. DJI you have got to be kidding here. We all bought this monitor for a heck of a lot more money over a normal tablet to use with our DJI drones. Now you are telling us that it does not work with the Mini? Give us a break please and support your customers. Please support the productsf that you sell!
Really, now I have to go out and buy  tablet to use with the Mini? Your kidding right?????
2019-11-11
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can confirm that it doesn’t even install on a CS.  I had downloaded the APK from the DJI site and tried to install.  It got an error right away when trying to do so.  

It’s quite unfortunate and disappointing how little support DJI has provided for this extremely expensive product.
2019-11-11
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-11 17:31
I can confirm that it doesn’t even install on a CS.  I had downloaded the APK from the DJI site and tried to install.  It got an error right away when trying to do so.  

It’s quite unfortunate and disappointing how little support DJI has provided for this extremely expensive product.

Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it. I am a subscriber to you videos and enjoy them much. You did a great job with the SPARK. I am picking my Mavic Mini Drone up to add to my collection and can not believe it does not work with the Mini. I am hoping you do a video on this!  Thx much, Jeff
2019-11-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 11-12 06:41
Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it. I am a subscriber to you videos and enjoy them much. You did a great job with the SPARK. I am picking my Mavic Mini Drone up to add to my collection and can not believe it does not work with the Mini. I am hoping you do a video on this!  Thx much, Jeff

Yeah, unfortunately with the relatively poor support DJI has given the CrystalSky up to this point, I'm not terribly surprised the Fly app doesn't work with it.  

It really is disappointing that an expensive premium device gets the least amount of support and compatibility.
2019-11-12
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Kloo, please consider doing a video on this. you have a good following!
2019-11-12
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

As a follow-up, I have several DJI drones and I bought the CS to work with all of them. They told me it was the tablet that would do so. Now I come to find out that the software for the Mavic Mini will not be on the CS and you can't put it on there? So now, what do i do, buy another tablet? I could have bought 5 Samsung Tablets for what i paid for the CS. One of the other guys said that "there is a sucker born everyday". He had that right as I am the sucker. I have been dealing with DJI customer service for 5 years since the Phantom 3 Standard. Like everybody says, "DJI makes great stuff but there customer service sucks." They still don't get it, Customer service is everything. If you don't have that , you have nothing.
I am buying the Skydio and am on the list. i really want an American Drone company to succeed. So far from the phone calls with them, they answer all questions and pick up the phone right away. It's not the canned DJI answer "So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it".
DJI if you are listening, if you lose the trust in your customer base, you are doomed to failure. If you want to know what you should be doing, you should ask your customers. But perhaps we should answer you with "So sorry, we are working on the answer" and not get back to you! With this company it's always one step forward  and two steps back.
2019-11-13
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Not only will this software not work on the Crystal Sky but it wont work on any of my other Tablets. They are all on Android 5. So now I am faced buying a new tablet?? Why would DJI allow their other software to run on Android 5 but not the DJIFly software? You can't believe this stuff. I hope Litchi can come up with something because DJI I am sure will not. I am waiting for the standard DJI line folks,,wait for it,,,"So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it". Does anyone know if the DJI Pilot will work for the Mavic Mini??
2019-11-17
Use props
jctarvin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I, too, attempted to install the Fly App apk onto my Crystal Sky (which I use with my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro). I'm old, and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. Wanted to use the Crystal Sky with my Mavic Mini. Determined how to connect using OTG adapter. HOWEVER, the Fly App requires Android 6 or higher and the Crystal Sky is only at Android 5.0.

Seems that if DJI wanted to support us Crystal Sky users, they could do what they did with the GO4 app.... Make a different version for the Crystal Sky that WILL  run under Android 5.0.

As much stuff as I've bought from DJI, I remain somewhat disappointed in their product support.
2019-11-17
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

jctarvin Posted at 11-17 17:21
I, too, attempted to install the Fly App apk onto my Crystal Sky (which I use with my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro). I'm old, and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. Wanted to use the Crystal Sky with my Mavic Mini. Determined how to connect using OTG adapter. HOWEVER, the Fly App requires Android 6 or higher and the Crystal Sky is only at Android 5.0.

Seems that if DJI wanted to support us Crystal Sky users, they could do what they did with the GO4 app.... Make a different version for the Crystal Sky that WILL  run under Android 5.0.

I could not agree with you more. I am in my early 60's and have 6 of their birds and getting the Mavic Mini from my wife on Christmas. They just dont care about customer support and I think its truly a cultural thing? Maybe the Chinese want to make the sale and move on. This is one of the reasons I am buying a Skydio. Its an American Company. I called them and got right through and spoke to an engineer to ask a question.. One if the things they told me is that they are committed to customer satisfaction. DJI makes a great product but they may need to take some lessons from Sony who used to do the same thing. They filed for Chapter 11. I wonder why. Is it because guys like me stopped buying from them. DJI does not get it, as good as your products are, if you have no customer support, you have nothing.
I also bought the Crystal Sky for the same reason as you. They allowed you to load APK files and to my dismay I could not load the DJI Fly program. 600 bucks for a DJI tablet that I cant use. Instead we get "So sorry, we are looking into it,,Our engineers are working on it" So frustrated!
2019-11-18
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

A company that does not support its products is doomed to failure!
2019-11-22
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

jazzyjeff Posted at 11-13 06:37
As a follow-up, I have several DJI drones and I bought the CS to work with all of them. They told me it was the tablet that would do so. Now I come to find out that the software for the Mavic Mini will not be on the CS and you can't put it on there? So now, what do i do, buy another tablet? I could have bought 5 Samsung Tablets for what i paid for the CS. One of the other guys said that "there is a sucker born everyday". He had that right as I am the sucker. I have been dealing with DJI customer service for 5 years since the Phantom 3 Standard. Like everybody says, "DJI makes great stuff but there customer service sucks." They still don't get it, Customer service is everything. If you don't have that , you have nothing.
I am buying the Skydio and am on the list. i really want an American Drone company to succeed. So far from the phone calls with them, they answer all questions and pick up the phone right away. It's not the canned DJI answer "So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it".
DJI if you are listening, if you lose the trust in your customer base, you are doomed to failure. If you want to know what you should be doing, you should ask your customers. But perhaps we should answer you with "So sorry, we are working on the answer" and not get back to you! With this company it's always one step forward  and two steps back.

Why did'nt you check compatibility first?

I can't remember DJI promiding the CS would work with all current or indeed future models!
2019-11-23
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

DM,,how would we check compatibility first? I don't recall DJI releasing any spec's before the product release for the Mini?

The Crystal Sky works with every DJI quad from the Inspire 1 all the way to the current Mavic Pro's 2. I would expect DJI to follow suit with the Mavic Mini. There is no reason that they have not included Mavic Mini in the current DJI Go 4 software for experienced fliers. They could still have brought out DJI Fly for new fliers.

To add insult to injury, try to install the DJI Fly into some of the current Android tablets out there. It does not work on a lot of them where DJI Go 4 does. So now, not only is it not working on their own tablet (the Crystal Sky) but also a bunch of current Android  tablets.  What does this mean, buy a new tablet for one drone?

There is an expectation of a company being reasonable. Like I said, 600 dollars was a lot to pay for a tablet especially one that DJI promoted to work on their quads. The Mavic Mini is one of their quads and it is reasonable to think that they would include it in the Crystal Sky.  I don't think any of us are being unreasonable to expect this. It's just good business practice to support their products.

In a lot of ways DJI reminds me of the reputation that some used car dealers have. Once they make the sale, they don't want to see you.

I have seven DJI's quads. I am a good customer for like 5 years now and they are about to lose me.   If this does not matter, than so be it. Like I said, "A company that does not support its products is doomed to failure!"

2019-11-23
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hello All,

Well , here's the fact guys. When you get the ""So Sorry, we are looking into it and our engineers are working on it", that's a bunch of bull. DJI Mindy or whoever else is monitoring, don't even bother to respond because there is nothing you can say. The bottom line is you guys are terrible as a company.

I am cross posting this to a couple of different posts as there are a number that deals with this issue. This is the communication I got with DJI support from a Support agent named Hermosa. As a disclaimer, this is what I received and have not changed one word of it. I give you my response also.

The only hope we have is if Litchi comes out with support for the Mavic Mnni. I suggested to DJI that they include the Mini in the existing DJI Go software and they did not even address that. Horrible customer support.

From DJI

Thanks for your patience.

Upon confirming with our superior engineers, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform.The minimum request of installation environment as belows:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures.(64-bit processor).

Since our Crystalsky adopted 32-bit sensor, it' s not compatible with DJI FLY APP. Kindly suggest using another mobile device if you have.

Appreciate your understanding and support.

Best Regards
Hermosa

My response

Hermosa,

This is really unacceptable and DJI clearly did not think this out when they produced this DJI Fly software. Your answer is what we all knew so essentially you gave me no new information.
The question remains is why DJI would produce software that does not work on its own device? I paid a heck of a lot of money for the Crystal Sky and like I said I could have bought 4 Samsung tablets for the same price as i paid for your device.

DJI has a horrible reputation when it comes to customer support. I have been a loyal customer for 5 years now and I own 7 of your drones as previously stated.
Understand that every time I have to deal with you guys on the customer service level I cringe, it's a struggle at best.

You have basically threw your hands up and said "Oh well" My trust in your company is gone. I will share this communication with the forums and all my sources to warn other users. I realize I am just one person.
What's worse is that you just lost me a customer.

Thank you for getting back to me.

2019-11-27
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

DJI, please tell me what I am supposed to fly my Mavic Mini with? Two Dixie cups and a string??
2019-12-15
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Cross posting this as to my contact today with an escalated phone call from DJI regarding the Crystal Sky and the Mavic Mini;

Well I got my escalated phone call from DJI and essentially in true DJI fashion they told me nothing. They did what DJI does best, apologizes, explains why they took the action with the software on the Mavic Mini and told me they would tell management about it so it does not happen in the future.  i told him that essentially that this does nothing for us Crystal Sky users now and that there are a lot of angry Crystal Sky users out there. I also conveyed how DJI is the worst, I mean the worst company I have ever dealt with.

I told him that I have already dealt with Skydio as I am in Batch 1 and how responsive they have been.

Basically I got the standard DJI line;

"So Sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you"

Like I said, DJI is the best free advertisement for Skydio. Skydio should buy them dinner or something!
2019-12-16
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Our only hope is that DJI release the promised SDK for the MM so that Litchi can develop the compatibility with their app, but then we'll run into licensing with the new app and google play services not working on the CS

DJI will never make the MM work with DJI Go4 on the CS as the MM is seen as beginners drone, also their on the 64bit development path which is obviously not compatible with the CS hardware.

Also the CS is end of life, so we get anymore developments in this direction
There is no upside for DJI to keep focusing on the CS as the sales have been limited and their new marketing direction is to integrate the screen and controller.

So all in all we are finished with the  CS, we'll just have to use it as it is with the obsolete AC's that it supports.
When they burn out due to a solder reflow we'll just have to bin them

2019-12-24
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

*DM* Posted at 11-23 00:55
Why did'nt you check compatibility first?

I can't remember DJI promiding the CS would work with all current or indeed future models!

Oh what brilliant advise... perhaps because dodgy DJI didn't release Fly until 2 days after mm release... Why didn't you check your spelling before being a good little DJI 4$$ licker?
Some people will never settle for negligent halfarsed junk... others obviously settle for 5hi7.

Jeff... I ordered a mini and when this information came to light, I canceled the order... a lot of people did the same and we just got to boycott DJI... once I have my Skydio2, all my DJI gear will be up for sale, screw DJI and good riddance.

Because of DJI I started to despise anything to do with China.
2019-12-24
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 12-24 19:20
Oh what brilliant advise... perhaps because dodgy DJI didn't release Fly until 2 days after mm release... Why didn't you check your spelling before being a good little DJI 4$$ licker?
Some people will never settle for negligent halfarsed junk... others obviously settle for 5hi7.

Chinese food is still pretty good if your not allergic to MSG
2019-12-24
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys, thats why I ordered the Skydio 2! We now have two American companies putting out drones. I think we haere in the states should look in those directions. We have Autel and Skydio.
2019-12-26
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I heard rumors that the Mavic Mini SDK will be out soon which means that Litchi will do an update. Once Litchi does the update to the Mavic Mini, we can than use our Crystal Sky with the Mavic Mini. Litchi runs fine on the Crystal Sky.
But remember, do not upgrade the Crystal Sky to DJI's latest firmware or you will not be able to load external programs on the Crystal Sky!
2020-1-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-10 14:48
I heard rumors that the Mavic Mini SDK will be out soon which means that Litchi will do an update. Once Litchi does the update to the Mavic Mini, we can than use our Crystal Sky with the Mavic Mini. Litchi runs fine on the Crystal Sky.
But remember, do not upgrade the Crystal Sky to DJI's latest firmware or you will not be able to load external programs on the Crystal Sky!

MM Sdk is slated for release April 2020 but knowing DJI it will be much later, it will take a while for Litchi to incorporate and beta test

I would say at a minimum it's June 2021 or later if it is even possible.

It maybe faster for DJI to do a patch in DJI Go4 for the MM, they'll do it in the current version 4.3.28 and us CS users will still be stuffed as we are on 4.3.16  
2020-1-10
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 1-10 15:09
MM Sdk is slated for release April 2020 but knowing DJI it will be much later, it will take a while for Litchi to incorporate and beta test

I would say at a minimum it's June 2021 or later if it is even possible.

Iannes,

Knowing DJI, they are not going to do anything but give us the classic "So sorry, our engineers are working on it, we will get back to you." Lets hope the SDk comes out quicker than that. Thanks Iannes.
2020-1-10
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well I agree with you all.
But.... it’s just a (low end) drone!
sold my crystal sky, and find Xiaomi mi 9 adequate.
Fewer £££’s  invested now.
Mini  sequel probably even cheaper!
2020-1-11
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bright Spark Posted at 1-11 13:06
Well I agree with you all.
But.... it’s just a (low end) drone!
sold my crystal sky, and find Xiaomi mi 9 adequate.

I'm using my Ipad mini 4 more and more, there is no difference to the CS when you use a hood
and the Mini is a much lighter set up than the 7.85 CS to hold

The  main advantage is with IOS I can use DJI Fly for the Mavic Mini and DJI Go4 ver 4.3.29 (not some 1 year old CS ver 4.3.16) for my other drones.
2020-1-12
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 1-12 05:35
I'm using my Ipad mini 4 more and more, there is no difference to the CS when you use a hood
and the Mini is a much lighter set up than the 7.85 CS to hold

I’m happy now too with Xiaomi mi9.
As you say lighter and more portable.
2020-1-12
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Wow crazy stuff, I wasn't aware of the level of disappointment from CS users but I can understand them, if I spent nearly 700 euros in the Cristal Sky, to find it wouldn't work with Mini and possibly the  newest drones, I would be mad... cannot understand the only 64bit decision...

I understand that for some users who have spent several grands in DJI products, the Mini is "affordable", however this is no toy, form somebody like me who does not publish content for "broadcast" standards, using mainly  a HD 1080 DSLR and GoPro 4, the Mini is just perfect, social media and YouTube are well covered... So the 540eu spent for mini combo + care, was an effort for me, Cristal Sky is just something I can't justify, specially given the low compatibility.

If they had any idea of supporting only 64bit in the future, they should have made the CS 64bit.
So you guys CristalSky 2 is coming? or just is the end of it?
2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules