Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly app compatibly
12Next >
21349 69 2019-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marksparky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13074 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys ,I've just pre ordered a mavic mini but the fly app is not compatible with my quite popular Motorola g6 play ,grrrrrr   ,shall I cancel my order or will it become compatible in the very near future ,I think there are going to be alot of people who are going to be very angry because of this ,there is a list of phones just published on dji site but I'd say it's only 50% of phones out there ,please help because I really wanted this  drone and don't want to buy a new phone
2019-11-11
Use props
djiuser_JP73McnSqg0o
lvl.1

Belgium

I wanted to buy one but my Motorola g5 is also not compatible, so please DJI fixes this
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi marksparky, sorry for the difficulties, may we verify the performance when installing DJI Fly on your phone? It cannot be installed at all or it keeps crashing?
2019-11-11
Use props
Narcoplexic
lvl.1
United States

My LG Aristo 4+ acts as though it's installing, then completes and says "App not installed."  Ugh, my ancient 5s let it install, so hoping they'll update the App, making it work on more phones.
2019-11-11
Use props
djiuser_tKpi8EqBWML1
New

United Kingdom

Umm.. I have a brand new Mavic Mini sat here that has just been delivered by Amazon UK. My phone is a Moto G7 (3 months old). All excited i go to download the FLY app only to find XXX NOPE XXX Your phone is not compatible? WHAT!? Are you serious? I check the app store again and find im not the only one screwed today. Nightmare.
2019-11-12
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4347 ft
United Kingdom

It's weird- It's incompatible with my MotoE4 Plus, running Android 7.1.1 (which was my go-to phone for DJI GO 4) but works on my cheaper Huawei Y6 2017 running 6.0. The MM is due to be delivered this afternoon so glad I've got at least one phone the App runs on but this compatibility thing seems to be pretty random!
2019-11-12
Use props
highflydji
lvl.3
Poland

I have also preordered mavic mini combo, but I am thinking about cancelation, because I have moto g5 with android 8.1 and I can't install DJI FLY app. (the same reason as above)
Are you working on on guys? It's weird to block all Moto devices...
2019-11-12
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-11 22:52
Hi marksparky, sorry for the difficulties, may we verify the performance when installing DJI Fly on your phone? It cannot be installed at all or it keeps crashing?
M

2019-11-12
Use props
JB 9
lvl.2
United States

You say Android 6.0+ but my Samsung Note 4 Android 6.0.1 Which I plan to keep the rest of my life you say is not compatible? Why?
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_sqwT1UeP8O15
New

United States

Warning: the 1.0.1 version won't install on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) which I've just bought specifically to fly the drone . I hope it will be supported soon...
2019-11-12
Use props
Flap
lvl.1

Belgium

I alsof have a Motorola g 6 with the latest Android. The app seems to be installing but when finished it says app not installed. I hope you fix it because i don't want to buy An expensive compatible phone. It seems strange to me that a budget drone needs a high end phone. Greetings
2019-11-15
Use props
Matze_Kiel
New

Germany

I have a moto g6, its not compatible too. Motorola one zoom of a friend is working fine. @dji, please support Moto G user
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

I think the issue is that the App is now 64Bit only, so it will only work with 64Bit OS.
Iphone 5S was the first 64Bit phone.
2019-11-15
Use props
Matze_Kiel
New

Germany

That would explain a lot. Will dji bring a 32 bit version?
2019-11-15
Use props
fox mx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71394 ft
New Zealand

Dji needs to place  bold warning  labels on the mini box, regards to what  Phone compatible, I only found out the problem when fly app wont install .led me here .
DJi have 3 days  get it sorted , or it be  going back for refund and  the box not looking pretty ,as I ripped it  up with excitement to cradle the mini mavic in my hand for the first time
2019-11-15
Use props
Flap
lvl.1

Belgium

I am hoping for a fast reply of dji about the 32 bit. O hope they do. O have all batterys charged and ready but i Cant fly
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Matze_Kiel Posted at 11-15 02:05
That would explain a lot. Will dji bring a 32 bit version?

We need DJI to add a 32 bit version, since many modern phones still uses 32bit.
2019-11-15
Use props
Matze_Kiel
New

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-11 22:52
Hi marksparky, sorry for the difficulties, may we verify the performance when installing DJI Fly on your phone? It cannot be installed at all or it keeps crashing?

will dji bring a 32 bit version of fly?
2019-11-15
Use props
fans63315d7b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29403 ft
United States

Moto Z3 which is 64 bit. Downloaded app prior to receiving Mini. Even opened it briefly. Excitedly tried connecting to aircraft last night only to be extremely disappointed and frustrated. Never crossed my mind I'd need a newer phone. Actually thought about using my old Maxx 2.
Mavic Air worked great on Z3. Not buying a new phone for my new toy. Probably sending it back to DJI with a nasty letter. Time for a Mavic Pro 2.
2019-11-15
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

fans63315d7b Posted at 11-15 15:12
Moto Z3 which is 64 bit. Downloaded app prior to receiving Mini. Even opened it briefly. Excitedly tried connecting to aircraft last night only to be extremely disappointed and frustrated. Never crossed my mind I'd need a newer phone. Actually thought about using my old Maxx 2.
Mavic Air worked great on Z3. Not buying a new phone for my new toy. Probably sending it back to DJI with a nasty letter. Time for a Mavic Pro 2.

My phone is 64 bit ARM 8 core, Android 9 and get's same error as guys running 32 bit. I think something else is wrong with the Application.

Makes no sense we can run the way more expensive drones but not the cheapest. And many of our phones have the lastest OS and modern CPU. Something else stinks with thie "App not installed" error.
2019-11-15
Use props
Kevin K-Dawg Hesse
New

United States

I have a Motorola e5+ and not supported on my phone.. Now I have a 249 gram paperweight.. I have tried the apak and won't install.. Help!!!!
2019-11-18
Use props
fans63315d7b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29403 ft
United States

Great news! My Z3 connected to the Mavic Mini today. Started to go through the tutorial. I'll fully go through the start up process and update my findings.
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_PachFywTCPuS
New

United Kingdom

Guys, has anybody tried with a Motorola G7 Power?
2019-11-22
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bought a nearly new iPhone 6S+ for £199 (US$255) yesterday just to get the Fly app working properly. If you have an ipad mini2, it kinda works on that even though it's not officially on their compatibility list.
2019-11-22
Use props
fansc6753da3
lvl.1
United States

fans63315d7b Posted at 11-15 15:12
Not buying a new phone for my new toy. Probably sending it back to DJI with a nasty letter. Time for a Mavic Pro 2.

That'll show them.......returning it for a more expensive drone. Great incentive for them to fix  the app.  
2019-11-22
Use props
arobledo
lvl.1

Argentina

Whaaaat? Who deleted half of the posts?
2019-11-25
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elsmeghead Posted at 11-22 15:04
Bought a nearly new iPhone 6S+ for £199 (US$255) yesterday just to get the Fly app working properly. If you have an ipad mini2, it kinda works on that even though it's not officially on their compatibility list.

Please elaborate on ipad mini 2 kinda works please?
2019-11-25
Use props
djiuser_ePgruPdNNSyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348547 ft
United Kingdom

Are DJI ever going to reply to these? I too have a Motorola g4 running Android 7.0 and at the moment I have a fully charged expensive door-stop. I've tried to download the DJI-Fly app from both playstore and directly from their site but get 'phone not compatible' with both. I don't want to send the thing back but neither do I want to buy a new phone just to fly it! Please DJI... RESPOND.
2019-11-26
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

djiuser_ePgruPdNNSyO Posted at 11-26 12:29
Are DJI ever going to reply to these? I too have a Motorola g4 running Android 7.0 and at the moment I have a fully charged expensive door-stop. I've tried to download the DJI-Fly app from both playstore and directly from their site but get 'phone not compatible' with both. I don't want to send the thing back but neither do I want to buy a new phone just to fly it! Please DJI... RESPOND.
"We are sorry for inconveniences, we will forward this problem to the tech team, please check the list of the compatible devices" - That's about it - you won't get any useful info here from the mods...
They are just srubborn - while all of the other drones (even the most expensive ones) work with 99% of devices - the Dji fly app (thus mavic mini) works with around 10-20% of devices...
There is no guarantee that your device will be supported (64bit Android) - since this information is usually not even mentioned anywhere in the phone specs beforehand...
There are even some model line ups, that had 64bit Android OS 3years ago, but the current gen might not have it, because noone really ever cared, whether your phone runs 32 or 64 bit Android - it is redundant info to 99% of people - and now we can only complain and refund our minis - because you just found out that your 250-350$ 3months old phone would have to be replaced with a year old one, possibly with worse specs and costing 400$+
2019-11-26
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

I even consider buying barely working older iphone (idk, broken gsm module or something), because I simply refuse to prematurely replace my perfectly fine working year old phone with 4G/64g memory and 8 core CPU, just because there is no 64bit (not even custom) version of ROM.
2019-11-26
Use props
mauriziob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32671 ft
Italy

Gu5s Posted at 11-26 13:11
I even consider buying barely working older iphone (idk, broken gsm module or something), because I simply refuse to prematurely replace my perfectly fine working year old phone with 4G/64g memory and 8 core CPU, just because there is no 64bit (not even custom) version of ROM.

I'm with you, man! i think exactly the same... this is really crazy -.-"
2019-11-29
Use props
StefanMalloch
lvl.2
Canada

I could never fly my mavic pro with my LG.. Literal giant waste of money for me. Frustrating.
2019-11-29
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

mauriziob Posted at 11-29 11:40
I'm with you, man! i think exactly the same... this is really crazy -.-"

Sadly I eventually gave in and got myself Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (new for 190$) - pretty sweet phone, a total waste nevertheless.
2019-11-29
Use props
mauriziob
lvl.1
Italy

Gu5s Posted at 11-29 22:13
Sadly I eventually gave in and got myself Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (new for 190$) - pretty sweet phone, a total waste nevertheless.

What about this phone? everyhing is smooth? any issue with dji fly? Drone is properly working? did you get any "bizarre" error?
2019-12-2
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

mauriziob Posted at 12-2 02:09
What about this phone? everyhing is smooth? any issue with dji fly? Drone is properly working? did you get any "bizarre" error?

No bizzare errors, no bad experience after ~2h+ flight time & ~17km flight distance (900m max distance from "home")...
No quick discharge of the controller either.
Flown in sub-zero conditions, ~650m over the sea level, 22minutes flight time on average per battery (landing with 10+% left)
2019-12-2
Use props
mauriziob
lvl.1
Italy

Gu5s Posted at 12-2 02:48
No bizzare errors, no bad experience after ~2h+ flight time & ~17km flight distance (900m max distance from "home")...
No quick discharge of the controller either.
Flown in sub-zero conditions, ~650m over the sea level, 22minutes flight time on average per battery (landing with 10+% left)

May I ask you where you're from?
2019-12-2
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

mauriziob Posted at 12-2 03:19
May I ask you where you're from?
Do you need to? It is written right next to my profile (on desktop)
Czechia (yucky new name... Czech republic) is quite small, so I don't think it would make any difference to be more specific.
2019-12-2
Use props
mauriziob
lvl.1
Italy

Gu5s Posted at 12-2 03:44
Do you need to? It is written right next to my profile (on desktop)
Czechia (yuck the new name - Czech republic), is quite small, so I don't think it would make any difference to be more specific.

OMG, sorry man! I didn't pay attention!
I asked just to know if you have a EU or FCC drone.

Good stats for a EU did you use it in a populated area? some says interferences may strongly interfere with drone...
2019-12-2
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

mauriziob Posted at 12-2 05:53

I would say that direct line od sight and correctly positioned antenas play bigger role than interference (for most people that complain here anyway)... I have flown in a "fairly" populated suburb area, where most of the interference was caused my by own household anyway lol...
I'll print myself signal boosters with a 3d peinter and aluminium sheets, to see what difference will it make...
Most people that complain about ~70m distance before losing signal probably did underestimate clear line od sight, positon of antenas and left Channels to auto, where i found it Always favors 5GHz since those Channels Are often unpopulated, but it suuucks So much! With 5Ghz I was losing signal even at 20m right above me - most likely the signal was being shielded by my own head lol... 5Ghz signal penetration and reach is just terrible, even fairly populated 2.4 channel Is better option IMO.
2019-12-2
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

mauriziob Posted at 12-2 05:53

Maybe I'll post a video of my farthest trip so others could have better idea about the environment and possible drone performance (and dox myself in the process, lol)
2019-12-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules