DJI Go 4 App - Crashes While Accessing Cache Files
1439 5 2019-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLYT 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1377940 ft
United States

I’m having issues accessing the cache files on my iPad Mini 4 (iOS 13.2.2).  When I click on the Album tab within the Editor window, the app freezes for a short while.  When it unfreezes, either the DJI Go 4 App will close or, the app runs extremely slowly.  While running slow, I’m able to access my video cache.  If I click on Photos or Albums, the app crashes every time.

I use my iPad Mini 4 solely for the purpose of drone operations and I never have any other apps open during use.  I also turn off Bluetooth and GPS to conserve power.  The iPad is always charged to 100% before operations.  I’m not having any issues accessing the same options on my iPhone XR (iOS 13.2.2).  I discovered this issue last week while looking to recover footage. I’m not sure if this has always been an issue since I’ve not had a reason to access cached files before.  On both devices, I'm using v4.3.28 (4339).

The app works perfectly everywhere else. Will there be an update that addresses this for iPads?  Thanks.

2019-11-11
Use props
I Campos
lvl.1
United States

Hey FLYT 1, is your DJI Go 4 app working fine on iOS/iPadOS 13.2.2? Mine crashes every time I open the app. Am I supposed to put my Phone in airplane mode and kill wifi as well?
2019-11-11
Use props
FLYT 1
lvl.2
United States

I Campos Posted at 11-11 21:28
Hey FLYT 1, is your DJI Go 4 app working fine on iOS/iPadOS 13.2.2? Mine crashes every time I open the app. Am I supposed to put my Phone in airplane mode and kill wifi as well?
Hey there!  My app seemed perfectly fine when I flew last Friday.  What iPad are you using?  Also, I prefer to turn off Wifi to save battery.  

As for your phone, I’d recommend airplane mode so your flight won’t get interrupted with a text or call.
2019-11-12
Use props
I Campos
lvl.1
United States

FLYT 1 Posted at 11-12 09:17
Hey there!  My app seemed perfectly fine when I flew last Friday.  What iPad are you using?  Also, I prefer to turn off Wifi to save battery.  

As for your phone, I’d recommend airplane mode so your flight won’t get interrupted with a text or call.

Hi there, I have an iPad Pro 12,9 but the same happened when I tried it... WiFi on = crash the app. WiFi off it works :/
I’ll have to wait until they fix it
2019-11-12
Use props
FLYT 1
lvl.2
United States

Interesting!  I’m glad you got it worked out.  Thanks for the update.
2019-11-14
Use props
I Campos
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys, just an exciting update.
The new DJI GO 4 release v4.3.29 (4340) is working with iOS/iPadOS 13.2.2 now everything works perfectly \o/ Now we can keep cellular data and WiFi on.
2019-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules