Which is the best tablet or device to use
2246 10 2014-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdelrosario
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Hi

I need all your expertise and knowledge to determine what device is best to use on the control remote to see the camera.

1.  I was wondering what device you all guys recommends, APPLE or ANDROID.

2. An which device like TABLET or PHONE. and what make or model.

Thanks to all

RDR
2014-11-15
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51998 ft
United States

It's a matter of personal preference both android or iPhone will work, but for me I am using my iPad mini. Phone is  just to small for me to use as FPV monitor I think iPad mini for me is just the right size and battery last long. So far I'm loving it... good luck!
2014-11-15
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone.
Never had any problems with it and it just works with the phantom right out of the box.
2014-11-15
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

I was using the Galaxy phone but these tired old eyes had a hard time seeing it, so I ordered a

Apple iPad 2 32GB, Wi-Fi + 3G (AT&T), 9.7in - White!! (Low FW iOS 6.1)

and it works perfectly.
2014-11-15
Use props
rdelrosario
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Thanks all for your response,

Since the system works perfect with any devise.. I just going to buy a Samsung Tab 4 that is in special $159.99. WIFI only

Will see how it goes and I'll keep you post.

Any new comments are welcome...

Thanks
2014-11-16
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Just a matter of what you want, I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7" , it seemed to work when I had the few chances to use it. Big but not to big small but not to small.
2014-11-16
Use props
mark
New

United States

Size and brightness are the 2 most important!  my Droid Razr Max is bright but small, my droid tablet I bought for $50 is big but not bright.  I happen to win an ipad mini and VIOLA!  size AND brightness!  Nirvana!
2014-11-16
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

I got some cheap magnification glasses from Amazon +1.00, +1.25 up to +4.00 - 3 pairs for just over 10 euros.  Wear them down your nose slightly to view your android and look over to see you copter.  Don't think I'll bother with a 7 inch tablet now.
Also handy for fine work on electrics etc.
Jobs a good un.
2014-11-17
Use props
rhayhurst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904442 ft
United States

talk2t_c@hotmai Posted at 2014-11-18 01:51
I got some cheap magnification glasses from Amazon +1.00, +1.25 up to +4.00 - 3 pairs for just over  ...

If you have a Dollar Store, they have readers for 1.00.  Just get the thickest frames you can get as they will last longer.  I have about 4 pair ($4.00 worth!) of super magnification for use with the iPhone when flying, soldering, etc.
2014-11-17
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Just to let you know that your eyes are unlikely to be identical sight-wise. If you wear a pair of cheapo specs/magnifiers regularly, it may well have a deleterious effect on one or both your eyes' lens capabilities, reducing your sight faster than normal age-related factors. Best get your eyes measured and have a proper pair of specs made for your particular sight deviation. You'll see better too.
2014-11-17
Use props
rdelrosario
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Still going to buy a tablet....  but thinking of it I might go and get me a pair of glasses I case of...

2014-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules