3 Major problems, dying for help!
639 6 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
levio17
lvl.1
Israel

Hello there Osmo Pocket community, I have bought the amazing osmo pocket some days ago and I encountered some problems may someone here can help me
No matter which resualtion or fps im using (4K/60, 4K/30, 1080P/60, 1080/30) when Im extract the videos to my PC its seems all like ...ty quality with alot of "lags" in the videos, when I'm extract the videos to my iPhone everything run smooth and high quality, I have to say that I have a new PC with those specs:
Geforce 1060 GTX, 6GB
16 GB RAM
i7 7700HQ CPU 2.80GHZ
I have try to run the videos with: VLC / MPC / Windows Media Player / BS.Player and all of them got that kinda stucking video quality when in another hand my iPhone XS run the videos perfectly
Im using MOV format by the way.

Second question is when Im extarct the 4K videos to my iPhone its transcode the videos to 1080P is it normally? why it isn't save the videos as 4K?

Third question is when I'm taking a panorama photo with my iPhone XS and upload the pano photo to Facebook for example, facebook refers that is 360 (3D mode) picture and let everyone "play" with the 360 pano photo that I've upload (altought is 180 pano and not 360), when I'm extracting the 180 Pano from the Osmo Pocket and than try to upload it to Facebook its just upload the Pano photo as a regular photo with no option to "Play" with the 360 (3D option), I even tried to make the pano by third party website like dermander.comI have extract the pano photos from the SD and merge them in the dermander website and still I can't get the 3D option in facebook any help pls??

I really think is a great camera but those little problems really ruin all my needs to this camera I've bought that for my work I'm a real estate agent and I wanted to take good footage of the houses that I sell, and with all those problems my iPhone XS right now is better than the Osmo Pocket and its really upset me... If someone can help me with any of those questions it will really help me out!

2019-11-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I noticed no-one has replied to you so far so I'll give it a go.

First, what resolution is your monitor?  Shouldn't matter if it's only 1920x1080 but doesn't probably help.
How much spare space on your C: drive?
Where on the PC is the video file? Which drive? if external it may be too slow to play back.
try opening Windows Task Manager and selecting 'Performance' from the top tab and see if anything is topping out when the file plays. Depending on the length of the video I don't know if 16gig of ram or its speed is enough. Try recording MPEG and see if things improve if nothing else helps. I don't use mov. so can't say about replay performance. Your processor and graphics cards should be good enough so I don't think those are a problem.

Are you using Mimo to do the second thing?  I think you have to import recorded footage separately not using Mimo but it may not play back on the phone.

The Osmo Pocket is not really a 360 degree camera. You could try turning around and taking a second set of images and then putting them all together. There are programs that will do that. Stitching programs can't really do a circular stitch if the two ends don't really marry up but even then you may be missing the height really needed for such images.
2019-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try using handbrake to re-encode the video,  I find that this can also make the mp4s smaller as well.
2019-11-13
Use props
Mr Monio
lvl.4

Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 11-13 07:13
Try using handbrake to re-encode the video,  I find that this can also make the mp4s smaller as well.

There is no need to reencode videos just to have them play back smoothly on his rig, it's perfectly capable of playing several 4K h264 high bitrate streams simultaneously. There is something wrong with the drivers and/or system settings.
2019-11-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

.mov format?  Maybe try recording in mp4?
2019-11-13
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-13 20:00
.mov format?  Maybe try recording in mp4?

mp4 is more "universal".
2019-11-13
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Change to mp4 and you should have no problem.
2019-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules