Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini - Unable to lift restrictions
1234Next >
18627 127 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuratA
lvl.2
United States

South Florida is still blue... I had the drone for 3 weeks i believe and still under 20 min flight time. Seriously thinking to sell this and  give up on DJI
E87719A9-82CA-407A-8058-FB60F5D40C12.png
2019-12-6
Use props
Utkarsh Dubey
lvl.1

India

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-18 08:09
Yup me in the Same Boat cant even fly in my house..... DJI What are you doing once again... Get this sorted quickly

if i start motor manually by  pressing both sticks inwards and downwards inside the house where there is no gps without connecting controller to app it sort of flies around.
2019-12-7
Use props
skywriter
New
Canada

djiuser_KCLboFRwaRf2 Posted at 11-21 08:46
According to the Flymore app I am in a blue authorisation zone for Northolt UK which is a RAF air base when I check on the CAA site I am outside the NFZ for Northolt. The Flymore app has the blue area 300-400 yards to far. I can not fly because the app is wrong.

The DJI zones aren't based on local regs. I'm in Canada where we can't fly within 5.9km of an airport over 250g and the NFZ on my Spark are *WAY* closer in than that.
2019-12-8
Use props
skywriter
New
Canada

DomChrisOwens Posted at 12-3 00:49
So theres two factors here.
- First the authorization zone (generally blue circle or bowtie) can be unlocked but only from the DJI unlock website, at least until an app update is pushed out.
- The red zones or totally restricted areas can be accessed with direct authorization. So here in Canada you either need an advanced drone pilot certificate (ADPI), or special flight operations certificate combined with an ADPI. This requirement to obtain FAA or Transport Canada authorization for flight in these zones produces a written document that would be used for submission to DJI for unlocking.

Just a note, in the USA - unlike Canada - while you do not have to register a Mavic Mini, most other rules (such as those about where you can and cannot fly), do still apply.
2019-12-8
Use props
dvr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207579 ft
India

djiuser_RycZeePcqamu Posted at 11-12 19:18
Thank you for your email and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Kindly note that the GEO zone is designed to provide some general protection to sensitive locations around the world, so we can't disable it for you. We appreciate your kind understanding.

Same here. Defunct airport 5 km from my house, and I cant take off.
2019-12-9
Use props
Ricky Zhu
lvl.1

Canada

I have the same problem, very annoying
2019-12-9
Use props
HenryXiaoZe
New

United States

same problem, I just want to fly in my room.....   MILES AWAY FROM AIRPORT BUT LOOKS LIKE THE WHOLE CITY IS IN BLUE ZONE!!!!!!!!
2019-12-10
Use props
HenryXiaoZe
New

United States

NO WAY to LIFT THE RESTRICTION
2019-12-10
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407247 ft
New Zealand

no way to lift the restriction.....hours wasted trying and this is the first drone I have have issues with...........when can we expect a update please????
2019-12-10
Use props
rCkxMapY3Y8X
lvl.2
Canada

I cant fly my got dang drone, got dang lift restriction, I tell you hwat,Mmmm Hmmm
2019-12-11
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope that the new firmware that fixed the NFZ unlock issue gets released soon. There are so many that's been affected by this. I feel blessed that I don't live near any NFZ's that affect me.
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_0YydobDsrZ2c
New

United States

I just bought the mini mavic and was close to an airport and it would not fly. When at a location NOT near airport, I can fly. Contacted Dji via phone, bounced around, then email, and DJI support states an app will be out in late December. They give no specific date as of this date, Dec. 11, 2019.
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_0YydobDsrZ2c
New

United States

Per DJI email, states new app to be released in late Dec but will not be specific.
2019-12-11
Use props
Joker0918
lvl.2
Canada

just staring at my mavic mini,cant even fly it yet due to lift restriction.when is the got dang update
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_iyLGGH7bGnrK
lvl.1
United States

In the same boat here in Atlanta. Every weekend there's some football game or event that puts a exception zone over the city. Wish I would have known all this before investing in this drone. DJI better deliver soon on the promised firmware.
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_mDc9AaeeReSK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26699 ft
United States

Same issue, glad it's not just me. What a waste of money for me, I wanted to fly INDOORS in an authorization zone. Guess I am waiting even longer past the 4 weeks it took to ship to me.
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_VnvICYDt3fO0
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_mDc9AaeeReSK Posted at 12-12 17:16
Same issue, glad it's not just me. What a waste of money for me, I wanted to fly INDOORS in an authorization zone. Guess I am waiting even longer past the 4 weeks it took to ship to me.

I’m beyond disappointed! Just picked up my mini - I live close to an airport and of course, I’m crippled .  I can’t do anything with this drone! DJI - please expedite this .....is this native to only the mini? Does it apply to the air as well? This stinks!!
2019-12-13
Use props
Joker0918
lvl.2
Canada

this is ridiculous, still, ant fly my Mavic mini!damn lift restriction!got dang it I tell you hwat,Mmm Hmm
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_6SEUqjdrUzua
lvl.1
Papua New Guinea

Dji, please give a date! Not just saying late of December.
2019-12-19
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

MuratA Posted at 12-6 09:34
South Florida is still blue... I had the drone for 3 weeks i believe and still under 20 min flight time. Seriously thinking to sell this and  give up on DJI

In case you aren't aware, that whole area is blue because of FAA temporary flight restrictions due to the president being in your area.  It would be illegal to fly while the TFR is in place.  

I'm not here to tell you what to do or not do, but I think making sure one understands the details, that give you the ability to make an educated decision on the risk/rewards of choosing to fly in such an area.

Of course in this case, until DJI implements the self-unlock for the Mini, you are left out of the decision making process.  
2019-12-19
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

djiuser_6SEUqjdrUzua Posted at 12-19 07:37
Dji, please give a date! Not just saying late of December.

late of December ... 2020 :-D
2019-12-19
Use props
Adrian358
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17940 ft
Peru

looks dji is trolling users, why they waiting to release the new firmware . sucks
2019-12-19
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Adrian358 Posted at 12-19 17:00
looks dji is trolling users, why they waiting to release the new firmware . sucks

Why does anyone wait to do anything?? I’m not making excuses or anything but they’ve said late December for the unlock firmware. Have patients.
2019-12-19
Use props
stubbietubbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119288 ft
Australia

But I'm not a doctor!
2019-12-19
Use props
Adrian358
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17940 ft
Peru

late december  most likely in 2020 december.LOL
2019-12-20
Use props
jim02ss
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_lR4r00MPfhO2 Posted at 12-1 02:33
This is ridiculous. This is my first drone too, and I have spend couple of hours to fix that problem. This drone is a gift for my wife and we can't use this drone at all. I try to fix this at flysafe/self-unlock, but there is no Mavic Mini in dropdown menu. I put Mavic Air and SN (I assume that validation is on SN field, so dropdown menu is not correct). But I get 2 access to fly in DJI GO 4 (app for Mavic Air and others Mavic). But DJI FLY does not work properly and havn't menu for this. So I  have spend a lot of time to figure out (google, youtube etc) because I can even imaginate this situation. This is not first drone for this company, so I asumed that problem is on my side.

Thanks for Email text.

See my thread on a mavic mini workaround on this
2019-12-20
Use props
多飞不炸机
lvl.1

Canada

Hi all
Anybody if just want to fly in your house, the work around is here:
turn controller and mini on, do NOT connect phone(yes, blind fly), then after 30 seconds, you should lift off and fly your mini in your house!
BTW,  you can take photo no problem
2019-12-20
Use props
Joker0918
lvl.2
Canada

多飞不炸机 Posted at 12-20 20:01
Hi all
Anybody if just want to fly in your house, the work around is here:
turn controller and mini on, do NOT connect phone(yes, blind fly), then after 30 seconds, you should lift off and fly your mini in your house!

thank you, it works. but sucks I still have lift restrictions near me, Dawson Creek BC. but at least I can fly it around the house.
2019-12-21
Use props
djiuser_pDWtRp40CgPE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7825 ft
Portugal

This is very sad... Almost all Lisbon is under a blue-zone, because the airpoirt is very close to the City and I can't fly anywhere.

DJI I guess you'll have a lot of un-happy customers if an update doesn't arrive until the 25th of December.

Lot's of stores are out of stock here in Lisbon that means a lot of drones were sold.
2019-12-22
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_pDWtRp40CgPE Posted at 12-22 13:20
This is very sad... Almost all Lisbon is under a blue-zone, because the airpoirt is very close to the City and I can't fly anywhere.

DJI I guess you'll have a lot of un-happy customers if an update doesn't arrive until the 25th of December.

Yeah, that’s going to make them release the updates sooner. People has been raising their fists at DJI on here for quite some time and it hasn’t garnered anything besides the usual late December response.
2019-12-22
Use props
djiuser_UET3vOBv0K4t
lvl.1

New Zealand

I was disappointed when I bought my first Dji product last week and was unable to fly in the blue zone of our local military aerodrome. This inspite of having called base opps and discussed drone flying in the area. The laws in New Zealand also allow  shielded operation within controlled airspace without prior approval. So not only was I disappointed that I had purchased a Mavic Mini brick, I realised that even when the blue zone issue is fixed, DJI was still not a product for law abiding careful pilots. It seems to be dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. Such a pitty to handicap what are obviously otherwise well designed products. So I am moving on too another brand. As an aside, it is Christmas day in NZ and the firmware still does no appear to have been released. I returned the Mini for a refund which came through today. I wish the rest of you well in the wait for DJI.
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_ErBJIEf1S3E6
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_RycZeePcqamu Posted at 11-12 19:18
Thank you for your email and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Kindly note that the GEO zone is designed to provide some general protection to sensitive locations around the world, so we can't disable it for you. We appreciate your kind understanding.

Thanks for sharing!
2019-12-26
Use props
Eginko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1755423 ft
Slovakia

So still nothing? They promised later this year and its going to end...
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 12-19 17:37
Why does anyone wait to do anything?? I’m not making excuses or anything but they’ve said late December for the unlock firmware. Have patients.

It’s late December, none of the reviews mentioned it, no mention of the flight restrictions when I purchased it and now I have a £500 paper weight.  I am sure if you were in flight restriction zone, you would be frustrated too. I just feel for all the people who received the mini’s as Xmas presents and they can’t do nothing with them.
2019-12-28
Use props
fansa9bfd456
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5541 ft
Greece

They said late December... Did they say what year though ?
2019-12-28
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW Posted at 12-28 01:42
It’s late December, none of the reviews mentioned it, no mention of the flight restrictions when I purchased it and now I have a £500 paper weight.  I am sure if you were in flight restriction zone, you would be frustrated too. I just feel for all the people who received the mini’s as Xmas presents and they can’t do nothing with them.

There are areas that I would like to fly in right now that are blue zones. Don't make assumptions because you'd be wrong. And I don't think you have a paper weight by any stretch of the imagination. Please don't get me wrong. Just saying that most have the ability to do something rather than nothing and I'm not saying that the update shouldn't have been released yet either.
2019-12-28
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

fansa9bfd456 Posted at 12-28 01:43
They said late December... Did they say what year though ?

it was first info, last info from DJI moderators is that they have no information about release
2019-12-28
Use props
Honda82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3109419 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WoW, still no use to me
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 12-28 01:50
There are areas that I would like to fly in right now that are blue zones. Don't make assumptions because you'd be wrong. And I don't think you have a paper weight by any stretch of the imagination. Please don't get me wrong. Just saying that most have the ability to do something rather than nothing and I'm not saying that the update shouldn't have been released yet either.

I would like to practise in my own back yard and get a feel for the drone where I have some control and than when I am more confident I will take it out.  TBH I dont feel confident enough to take it out in a public place without any experience and I would be wrong to do that.

I just dont want to go out and wreck the drone.  I am just a little frustrated that I have time off work during this festive season and I cant do nothing.  If I had known before hand that this was a issue I would not have bought the drone, no reviews mentioned this or on the product listing.

Been eyeing a drone for years and now I finally bought one.  Is it bad I just want to fly it LOL?
2019-12-28
Use props
Joker0918
lvl.2
Canada

December will be ending soon, when is this update rolling out?  this is disappointing
2019-12-28
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules