DJI Mini - Unable to lift restrictions
1234Next >
18915 127 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joker0918
lvl.2
Canada

December will be ending soon, when is this update rolling out?  this is disappointing
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_Je0vi4qF2vDh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2270636 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am in an authorization zone. I can't even fly in my house. The Fly-safe authorization process doesn't list the DJI Mini on the DJI website. FAIL.
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_UET3vOBv0K4t
lvl.1

New Zealand

djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW Posted at 12-28 02:52
I would like to practise in my own back yard and get a feel for the drone where I have some control and than when I am more confident I will take it out.  TBH I dont feel confident enough to take it out in a public place without any experience and I would be wrong to do that.

I just dont want to go out and wreck the drone.  I am just a little frustrated that I have time off work during this festive season and I cant do nothing.  If I had known before hand that this was a issue I would not have bought the drone, no reviews mentioned this or on the product listing.

I really sympathise with how you feel. After years of thinking and reading about drones I decided to get myself an early Christmas present with a mavic mini. I spent a day reading and looking at YouTube on how to fly it. I had already called my local airbase and discussed regulations around flying in th local controlled airspace for which they were very helpful. Then first flight in my garden and nothing happened. I spent the next day reading about the firmware issue and an unknown date when dji would fix it. After 2 days I took the drone back for a refund and was left intensely disliking the dji philosophy and brand.

Now a lot of the forgoing is emotional stuff. But buying decisions are, in the majority of cases,  emotional. In spite of having a good technical background and appreciation for air safety, the decision to buy was emotional. So we can argue about the details of this firmware update but it has been a damaging experience for dji.

Have I given up on drones. No. Just Dji.
2019-12-29
Use props
droneTO
lvl.2
Canada

I almost think that they're violating some consumer laws in US / Canada - where they are preventing people from LEGALLY using their OWN property - I wonder if that's at least a civil tort in some way, and a violation of consumer protection laws?

In Canada, drones under 250g are not subject to any restrictions on flying, except for one rule that's essentially common sense - don't put people or aircraft in danger through recklessness. At least that's how I understand it...

Why would DJI then prevent a person from using their Mavic Mini in their backyard, just because it's in some arbitrary "blue" zone?? Those zones don't actually align with Transport Canada zones, for heavier drones that fall under the regulations!

The only appropriate solution for Canada users is a warning prompt: "You're flying 3KM from an airport, stay below 150M", etc...

If I want to look at a roof of a house 20 feet up, 2 miles from an airport, I should be able to! It's fully legal in Canada for the Mavic Mini!
2019-12-29
Use props
Joker0918
lvl.2
Canada

!dji waiting for your supposedly update? haven't flown outside yet due to lift got dang restrictions.!
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The lack of comment from the mods on any of these threads kinda confirms that this is not happening any time soon.
2019-12-29
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

2019-12-30
Use props
Adrian358
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17940 ft
Peru

15 january is the best day to releases
2019-12-30
Use props
fansf7e4115a
New

Germany

This is what I just received as reply two minutes ago:
"We're sorry but within the moment, unlocking isn't available for the Mavic Mini. Our Developers have said that it would be before December ends and there's no announcement that it will be rescheduled so high likely it would be today or tomorrow, Thorsten."

Is there any means to check if they will stick to this schedule? There are so many people angry at DJI at the moment, from which a large number has already returned the products for refund...
I would actually like to keep my MM but this is getting harder every day.

"So far, there's no announcement of the reschedule of the firmware release and more likely our Developers will stick on their previous statement."
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adrian358 Posted at 12-30 09:27
15 january is the best day to releases

Just curious, why that particular date?
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansf7e4115a Posted at 12-30 10:25
This is what I just received as reply two minutes ago:
"We're sorry but within the moment, unlocking isn't available for the Mavic Mini. Our Developers have said that it would be before December ends and there's no announcement that it will be rescheduled so high likely it would be today or tomorrow, Thorsten."

Thanks, there’s still hope.
2019-12-30
Use props
mtgross
lvl.1

United States

So my question is, what if I have an authorization from the FAA that allows me to fly in the blue zone. How do I get DJI to unlock it for me?
2019-12-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtgross Posted at 12-30 10:47
So my question is, what if I have an authorization from the FAA that allows me to fly in the blue zone. How do I get DJI to unlock it for me?

As far as I know, there isn't one at the moment sadly to say.
2019-12-30
Use props
Rmota
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7825 ft
Portugal

djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW Posted at 12-30 10:39
Thanks, there’s still hope.

This isn't happening in December for sure. Even if they release the app, Google Play usually takes 24 to 48 hours to approve. AppStore takes even more for approval, usually 1 week.
2019-12-30
Use props
Adrian358
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17940 ft
Peru

Rmota Posted at 12-30 14:45
This isn't happening in December for sure. Even if they release the app, Google Play usually takes 24 to 48 hours to approve. AppStore takes even more for approval, usually 1 week.

good point of view, looks like we have to wait a lotttttttttttttttt
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Rmota Posted at 12-30 14:45

Oh please your giving them more excuses lol.  You would have thought they would have submitted the app before hand for the late December release?
2019-12-30
Use props
Rmota
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7825 ft
Portugal

djiuser_wOxo5BtL8ZWW Posted at 12-30 16:20
Oh please your giving them more excuses lol.  You would have thought they would have submitted the app before hand for the late December release?

Hmm... In that case the mods response would be, we are waiting for AppStore approval I guess.
2019-12-31
Use props
fans2972c9b0
New
Flight distance : 12904 ft
Brazil

The new firmware was released. Good fly for all ;)
2019-12-31
Use props
fansb55ab51c
New
Flight distance : 251516 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Anyone having cannot take off issue after update?    Mine was fine  now i cannot take off   I dont see any flight restrictions on it.
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansb55ab51c Posted at 12-31 06:24
Anyone having cannot take off issue after update?    Mine was fine  now i cannot take off   I dont see any flight restrictions on it.

Does it give any reason or error message at all to go on?
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_zLKaVxGl0YpE
lvl.1

United States

JodyB Posted at 12-31 06:57
Does it give any reason or error message at all to go on?

Just updated firmware, bugt still same problem.... unable to authorize
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zLKaVxGl0YpE Posted at 12-31 09:04
Just updated firmware, bugt still same problem.... unable to authorize

Can you give more details? Did you update the RC, AC, batteries and the app? I read that using the auto take off doesn't work that you have to use the sticks to take off to trigger the authorization system. Not sure if any of those is your issue, but maybe we can get to the bottom of it.
2019-12-31
Use props
Joker0918
lvl.2
Canada

after the update, I still can't lift off! updated through the app, tried to auto takeoff, no go, even using sticks to take off, no go. come on! Dawson Creek BC.
2019-12-31
Use props
fans65790104
New
United States

I installed the new firmware today but I am still unable to lift restrictions.
2019-12-31
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380344 ft
Romania

JodyB Posted at 12-31 09:15
Can you give more details? Did you update the RC, AC, batteries and the app? I read that using the auto take off doesn't work that you have to use the sticks to take off to trigger the authorization system. Not sure if any of those is your issue, but maybe we can get to the bottom of it.

How to use the sticks for lift off?
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drone Retard Posted at 12-31 10:35
How to use the sticks for lift off?

Instead of pressing and holding the take off button, pull both sticks down and in to manually start the motors and then push up to take off. I was trying to find a pic that demonstrated that but I can't find it at the moment.
2019-12-31
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Romania

Thank you? Going out to get some footage of fireworks
2019-12-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drone Retard Posted at 12-31 10:40
Thank you? Going out to get some footage of fireworks

Did you get it unlocked?
2019-12-31
Use props
fans22210cb5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29117 ft
United Kingdom

I was bound by this issue too, and after the update, I can unlock the blue zone.

I get a screen with 3 tick boxes to agree to, then the green light flashes and take off permitted.
3D9D0D00-3BC0-44E1-9E79-0158A895AFF7.png
53ADF5EA-A34F-4B6E-8FED-33B05B26CB07.png
2019-12-31
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Nice to read people are finally un-locking.
Happy new year every body!
2019-12-31
Use props
fans22210cb5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29117 ft
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-31 12:49
Nice to read people are finally un-locking.
Happy new year every body!
Yeah well unfortunately I crashed it just before Xmas and broke the two front arms so it’s got to be sent off now.

(The update and brief 1m test was done with broken arms taped up)

It initially let me take off. (I was in the house), then I flew it outside and went skywards.

As soon as it picked up sats (because of this bug and my naivety) it started to forcefully descend. I couldn’t get it clear of some trees and so it hit the tree tops.

Gutted, but my fault I guess a reckless newbie error.

Little plastic man-toys aside, happy new year everyone.
2019-12-31
Use props
mavic_mini_fun
New

United States

I updated the Mavic Mini to .400 today along with the RC, and Battery and re-installed the app on the phone.  I do get the message that says I'm in an Authorized Zone and then click on Unlock.  I don't get asked the questions that were listed above and am still unable to take off.  I'm using a Samsung S7 phone.  Not sure if the phone is the issue or maybe i need to agree to some other question in the app somewhere before I can get to the point of unlocking the Mavic.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
2019-12-31
Use props
fansad3a59a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1775144 ft
Canada

mavic_mini_fun Posted at 2019-12-31 14:01
I updated the Mavic Mini to .400 today along with the RC, and Battery and re-installed the app on the phone.  I do get the message that says I'm in an Authorized Zone and then click on Unlock.  I don't get asked the questions that were listed above and am still unable to take off.  I'm using a Samsung S7 phone.  Not sure if the phone is the issue or maybe i need to agree to some other question in the app somewhere before I can get to the point of unlocking the Mavic.

Any info is appreciated.

I have the same issue on my Pixel 2 XL.

So I installed the Fly App on an iPhone I also happen to possess for work and it works! I was able to unlock and fly.

Then when I tried to unlock again with the pixel I'm just flat out denied. It's interesting since I updated the firmware through the android app and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

So right now it seems only the iOS version is working correctly.
2020-1-1
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

fans22210cb5 Posted at 2019-12-31 13:26
Yeah well unfortunately I crashed it just before Xmas and broke the two front arms so it’s got to be sent off now.

(The update and brief 1m test was done with broken arms taped up)

Sorry for the issue one has to be aware of so many things with the mini.
Hope you get your return soon!
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_P2WoEMHEN9r9
New
United States

From what I can tell, the DJI fly app needs to be 1.0.4 or later(see attached screenshot). The IOS fly app is version 1.0.4 but the android app is still at 1.0.3.  When will the updated app be released for android DJI?  
2020-1-1
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Romania

I've updated the app, drone and batteries, fly database and still doesn't work, I'm getting tired of this DJI bulls*it. I even unloxk the geo zone via website and still won't take off.

2020-1-2
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drone Retard Posted at 1-2 07:47
I've updated the app, drone and batteries, fly database and still doesn't work, I'm getting tired of this DJI bulls*it. I even unloxk the geo zone via website and still won't take off.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnpuLC7cAM

This maybe a silly question if you are certain the app is at .004 and your mini and RC is as well, have you tried to turn off the rc and the mini and force close the app, not just close out, but force close the app and reconnect everything again? I had something like this to happen when I first updated but it was with the no GPS signal that I had to unlock. I didn't have the option until I did that and reconnected.
2020-1-2
Use props
Joker0918
lvl.2
Canada

just want to let everyone know the update works for me now. thank goodness.Dawson creek bc.
2020-1-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad to hear you are good to go joker 0918
2020-1-2
Use props
Aerotec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 482 ft
Austria

I have done all updates on my drone DJI Mavic Mini.
I use an iPhone X with IOS 13.3 and the dji fly app 1.0.4, the latest firmware update is installed on the drone.
And still I cannot unlock the flight restriction.
Even if I unlock it via the website that appears in the app, it will not result in a flight permission.

When will DJI do something about this problem?
2020-1-2
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules