Robomaster S1 user accounts
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnyRobotic
lvl.3
United States

This is my first post and it's great to be a part of this forum. Lot's of progress being made. I have a question about the DJI Robomaster S1 user accounts and custom skills. Let's say I have one RMS1 and two or more users. If I create a custom skill and execute it on my RMS1 does that skill stay with my user account or is it now tied to the robot so that any other user that operates that RMS1 can use that skill? Also, is it possible to operate the RMS1 without being connected to the internet and signed in to a Robomaster S1 account?
2019-11-12
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Skills and autonomous programs are uploaded to the robot. Although I never tried something like this, if you use the skill button you will most likely get whatever skill is installed at the moment. It is possible that switching users would force the S1 to reset to the default skill but I have no idea.

You need a user account to access the app and you need the app to control the robot so, yes, you will need an account. You do not need to have internet access though (after you registered an account, that is).
2019-11-12
Use props
JohnnyRobotic
lvl.3
United States

@BGA- Thank you. I just ran a test. If the internet is disconnected and I am logged out of my Robomaster account, then I can not log in to the app, and therefore, no joy.  If I am logged in to my account, I can use the app to operate the RMS1 just fine without an internet connection. So, you can operate the RMS1 without internet but you must first be signed in to your Robomaster account to access the app which requires an internet connection.

If nobody chimes in with something definitive about the custom skills and user accounts then I will test that when I meet with some other RMS1 users on Thursday.
2019-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules