1461 11 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just curious what you guys use the osmo pocket for, and things like that. Personally, while its ability to record 4k is impressive, I dont really use it at all. I usually just record 1080p @60fps. I use the osmo pocket to record alot of short films and some other things i find, such as radio towers and mildly interesting landscapes. What do you use it for?
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for posting your inquiry for the DJI Osmo Pocket. I hope our valued DJI members can provide you the best answer for your inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well, I originally bought it to take ground level videos to graft in with my aerial videos (it's the same camera and capability as the camera on the Mavic Air) to incorporate both perspectives. However, I find I'm just using it as a walk-around video camera. Very handy to take shots and edit a short video on the spot with the MIMO app and upload to Facebook.
2019-11-12
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I really like it for motion lapses.
2019-11-12
Use props
Mike Freeland
lvl.1

United States

I shoot (mostly classical choral) concerts, often at a graduate music school, where continuous video footage of the student conductors throughout their concerts is required.  I use my OP, attached to a tripod with the extension rod, and an adjustable tripod extension rod (so the camera is high enough to clear the heads of the top row of singers on the risers), and with the wi-fi adapter attached.  I power it with a 12,000 mAh external battery/charger so it can shoot continuously for over two hours. I shoot 4K/30 so I can digitally zoom the Osmo footage substantially without notable pixellation.  I control the gimbal with a Galaxy S9, usually from 50 feet or more away.  Depending on the background, the camera is nearly invisible behind the choirs.

There's an odd trick to using an external battery to keep the camera running for long periods:  Run your OP down to 15 - 20% charge before connecting the external charger.  Most chargers are designed to shut off when the device is fully charged, meaning if you start with a high internal charge on the OP, it will quickly top off, the charger will quit, and you will have only about 50 minutes (at 4k/30) on the internal battery because the charger won't come back on as the OP discharges.

I have a MAJOR PROBLEM with Mimo on my Galaxy S9, which I'll address in another thread.  It doesn't affect the camera's recording, but it's infuriating.
2019-11-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The problem is fixed in the latest Mimo version, but unfortunately Google seems to be making it trickle out to users for no obvious reason.
2019-11-13
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

I use it mostly for motion and time lapses. Great bit of kit
2019-11-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Family and exploration camera. I do some timelapses but miss a lot 4k.
2019-11-15
Use props
Trikke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2513406 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I use it to have other angels for my movies and I mix them with my drone footage.
Video as example

2019-11-15
Use props
Richpe
lvl.2

Croatia

i shoot stock videos.. trying to post example video but its not working for me..
2019-11-22
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Mostly time/motion lapse for me. Fun and easy to experiment with that kind of  videography.
2019-11-23
Use props
Mr Monio
lvl.4

Ireland

Good quality 4k video, where the camera is not a distraction. Mostly family and holidays. Started off with a DSLR, but apart from proper shoots, I felt pretty stupid with it and it was a pain to carry. Mirrorless and then a mobile phone on a gimbal were a big step forward but still required some carrying bag for the most part. OP, as the name has it, just fits into my pocket and then disappears in my hand while filming, leaving just the tiny camera head out. Not sure I would like my camera to be any smaller now. That being said, if I had to shoot something more demanding than amateur video, I would still use larger gimbals, as they give me a feeling of better movement control, due to the extra weight and the longer z-axis.
2019-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules