Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly not available for Nexus 7 2013 running Android 6.0.1
5780 8 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amrunner4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87188 ft
United States

The description on the DJI Fly app in the Google Play store says requires Android 6.0 and up.  But it says it will not load (incompatible) with my device, despite running 6.0.1.

Any ideas?  I like flying with the Nexus 7 because it fits into the contoller without any modifications.

Thanks, Andy
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Andy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. Upon checking the mobile device ( Nexus 7 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. I would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Nexus 7 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic MIni and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2019-11-12
Use props
Amrunner4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87188 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-12 15:25
Hello and good day Andy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. Upon checking the mobile device ( Nexus 7 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. I would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Nexus 7 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic MIni and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.

[view_image]

Thank you for the reply.  Maybe I am not receiving your entire post, but I do not see a link for compatible devices.  I just see the description of the sources for the app.

Thank you
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome Amrunner4. Let me please provide you a link where in you can find the overview, specifications and the frequently asked questions for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you.
2019-11-16
Use props
gattech
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

Hello.

I'm having the same situation too. I use two Nexus 7 (2013) one with my Mavic Air and the other with my Spark without a problem.

There are a couple features that makes this tablet ideal for flying DJI drones.

First, it has one of the brightest 7" tablet displays. Excellent for outdoor flying use

Second, like Amrunner4 said, it fits the DJI Spark, and all Mavic controllers without any complex modification. Just like a regular smartphone.

Third, it has top notch performance, 1.5 Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU, graphics processor, 1080 HD display resolution, GPS,  accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer.

You won't find that kind of features and performance in today's 7 inches tablets.

If it can fly my Mavic Air and Spark, why it can't fly the Mini?
2019-11-29
Use props
Napalm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21545 ft
Germany

It's exactly the same here. I use the Nexus 7 for the Spark without problem, so why can the DJI Fly app not run on that tablet?
Should be no problem for the developers to put the Nexus 7 on the list of compatible devices. I don't see a reason why this device, sold by google, should not meet common android 6 standards.
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has been touched on in several different threads already. More than likely the device is running a 32 bit processor or 32 bit operating system or both. The app is 64 bit and will only run on 64 bit processor and OS. If your device is 64 bit all the way around, you might try to side load it, but even then you may get an incompatible message. Same as my Samsung Tab A 10.1 tablet.
2019-12-10
Use props
fans3078e08b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3885 ft
Netherlands

This is soooo bad. All my DJI drones so far worked with my NVIDIA SHIELD K1 Android 7.
Now I wanted the DJI MINI for a nice price, BUT I HAVE TO BUY A NEW PHONE/TABLET TOO!!
Come on, no way, no business DJI.
PLAESE make an app that is as good as and compatible as the GO4.
The bad compatibility will cost you many customers and I wait / cancel before buying the Mini.
Hopeful many other companies will jump in the <250 gram drone market.

Get to work DJI. This is just stupid, sorry.

And don't bother me with technical excuses, of course it can work on a little bit older devices.
2020-2-11
Use props
Vim Fueago
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21558 ft
United Kingdom

You know it's 2020 right?  A 7 year old tablet, really....?

And yes, there are plenty of tablets with better specs.  A mediapad M5 8.4 lite off the top of my head, along with pretty much everything made in the last 5years that not bargain basement.
2020-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules