DJI fly app not installing
35569 55 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fvOelwrUKi2Y
New

United States

So I received my mini se fly more ordered from Canada as they dont sell the fly more version in the US. Charging all the batteries. Got my SIM card, almost ready. Just need to install the fly app... what? Not in the app store?! What!! I have to download it from DJI only? WTF? Well, ok. I already know I'm gonna have to disable security to install it. What? After installing it says it can't install? WTF is this?! Let's try again. Nope, same s**t. 5 more tries later and I come to this thread. Now I see I have to buy a new phone just to fly a $500 drone because for some reason unlike EVERY OTHER SOFTWARE COMPANY THEY REFUSE TO MAKE THEIR APP UBIQUITOUS FOR ANDRIOD DEVICES!!??!!. I'm gonna loose $150 on shipping and restocking fee if they will even take it back. I am so f*^*^*g disappointed. I leave in 5 days for ASIA and wanted to have video memories I just cant get with my gopro as good as it is. Smh fml...

GET YOUR S*^T TOGETHER DJI!!
I'm about to make a couple of videos about this.
2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_aoqAxFMyS7iB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22897 ft
Nepal

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-11-13 08:15
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. We highly recommend using the application with our compatible devices to prevent problem when downloading, as well as to ensure the stability of the app. Please refer to the screenshot below for recommended devices. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

my samsung galaxy note 8 should be compatible as its same as the s8, but the app did not install
2021-10-8
Use props
djiuser_aoqAxFMyS7iB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22897 ft
Nepal

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-11-13 08:15
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. We highly recommend using the application with our compatible devices to prevent problem when downloading, as well as to ensure the stability of the app. Please refer to the screenshot below for recommended devices. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

the app did not install on the device from this list
2021-10-8
Use props
djiuser_2gOFIEn3gSJP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

X
2021-10-23
Use props
djiuser_2gOFIEn3gSJP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

There are 3 alternative apps for 32bit(Armv7a) devices that can be used with the mini, in order of preference.

Litchi, Rainbow, Dronelink.
Rainbow has a 3 use limited trial version for trying out.
2021-10-28
Use props
Ricardo Calvo A
New

Costa Rica

Piece of sh!7. I just bought a Poco F3. Not working. I'll never buy a DJI product again.
2021-11-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't understand why people do not test the app on their phone BEFORE buying the drone, since the app's are free it seems the logical thing to do.
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_BJ9ACVvx7Uel
New

United States

Same with me also. So I'm a 13 year old kid that has been saving up $350 for two years now. And I got a phone, the Samsung a10e, and I just bought this drone not realizing my phone wouldn't work. So now I've been struggling for the past two days wasting my time trying to download the app. It never worked and every time I tried to install the app it said app didn't download I gave me no other options. So I kept trying and trying and nothing ever worked then I researched a bit and tried all these different methods like connecting to a different Wi-Fi. Or turning off the Play Store protect and that never worked either so then I used my mom's phone and luckily that worked but my parents are in a split household. So I can't just bring the Drone anywhere and keep my phone at my mom's and bring my mom's phone with me because she wants to keep her phone. So now I can't even fly the Drone unless I'm around my mom.
2022-1-4
Use props
djiuser_DO8pg9QYpE2J
New

India

It's not getting installed
2022-6-24
Use props
D_Snow
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-12-28 00:38
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. To ensure stability and compatibility, it is recommended to try the mobile device on the list. By the way, we'll also forward your request to the corresponding team, and support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Thanks for your kind understanding.

....this canned response you keep repeating is mostly infuriating to folks that spent good money on your product & expecting actual assistance. From one CSR to another, you'd be better off staying out of the thread entirely if you have absolutely NOTHING of value to offer.

I am running a Samsung Galaxy S7, which now WILL NOT UPDATE.

Cannot install app onto Samsung a10e.

My Kyocera DuraForce Pro2 is too friggin' big for the controller holder.

DJI needs to get their act together on this.
2022-6-25
Use props
D_Snow
New

United States

djiuser_2gOFIEn3gSJP Posted at 2021-10-28 03:47
There are 3 alternative apps for 32bit(Armv7a) devices that can be used with the mini, in order of preference.

Litchi, Rainbow, Dronelink.

THREAD WIN.

2022-6-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

D_Snow Posted at 6-25 03:50
....this canned response you keep repeating is mostly infuriating to folks that spent good money on your product & expecting actual assistance. From one CSR to another, you'd be better off staying out of the thread entirely if you have absolutely NOTHING of value to offer.

I am running a Samsung Galaxy S7, which now WILL NOT UPDATE.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have sent you a PM, could you please have a check? Thanks in advance.
2022-6-29
Use props
Shifu
New

Italy

Dear Dji, I am an owner of Dji MINI 2. I still have to raise it and I see that on my phone the APK doesn't even download.
How am I going to fly this drone if I can't have the Drone Fly app? Please can you fix this? I have an Android 8 phone and other stuff like Ipad. But really as of today the compatibility is still limited?
I did not know that a product costing 700 Euro had these limitations.

This is seriously a grave issue. You Mini 2 and new mini product should be marked as scams if this is what we are forced to do. Operating the drone with other apps is not really a choice...
All the settings will be different and taking pics and videos as well as safety can be compromised as other apps might not be working or won't feature certain settings.

Please can you offer the app or you are not going to offer Dji Fly or any Dji Alternative, at least for mini 2?
2023-2-12
Use props
djiuser_sttY1Uv4B1Th
New
Netherlands

Does the fly app supports a Lenovo Tab M7?
I have fly app running on a galaxy tab a7 Lite whitout any issue.
But its a little big to put in the controller.
The Lenovo fits but i can't get the app installed.
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_CfZawLHehMuk
New

United States

Wow...this is like some serious garbage. I will sell this tomorrow then the next fool to buy a DJI will save a few bucks and DJI will lose a sale.
2023-5-3
Use props
djiuser_CfZawLHehMuk
New

United States

Is it possible to remove device from an account by logging in https://forum.dji.com/ and clicking "login" at the top-right of that page? If yes, what are the exact steps? Thank you.
2023-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules