13939 18 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GabrielGV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478510 ft
Mexico

Hello,

I just installed the DJI FLY application on my iPhone SE to fly my new Mavic Mini drone, and I find that some screens of the application do not fit on the smartphone screen, losing important information. Then I checked the compatible devices on the website of the application and noticed that the iPhone SE is not listed, which is ridiculous because the normal iPhone 6 is listed, being a previous generation / processor. It is absurd that the DJI Go 4 application is compatible with the iPhone SE to handle a large Mavic, while the DJI Fly application is not compatible with the iPhone SE to handle a small entry level drone.

Please DJI I beg you to fix this problem.
2019-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Your iphone isnt on the support phone list -
iOS v1.0.1

Requires iOS 10.0 or above.

Compatible with iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6. [2]

2019-11-14
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

ya good luck with that. If that is the only phone you have i'd say it's time for a newer phone if you want to fly the Mini.
2019-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This was the same with DJI Go4 after some updates ago.
Luckily they fixed it.
Not many developers will start with this smaller screen.
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BobB Posted at 11-14 01:53
ya good luck with that. If that is the only phone you have i'd say it's time for a newer phone if you want to fly the Mini.

Ridiculous and unpleasant comment the iPhone SE is an excellent phone. Try to be nice and if you cant don't bother
2019-11-14
Use props
BobB
First Officer
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-14 08:08
Ridiculous and unpleasant comment the iPhone SE is an excellent phone. Try to be nice and if you cant don't bother

Well then go pray with your buddy that DJI changes their mind then. Nothing i said was false and grow up!
2019-11-14
Use props
miniger
lvl.2
Germany

Had about same prob with the iPad Mini 3 as well , iOS update to 12.xxx did help.
2019-11-14
Use props
BobB
First Officer
United States

The list has changed and includes your SE model. Try to download it again?
2019-11-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I was going to say teh SE's screensize is going to make using the app difficult, but after looking how scaled down is the interface compared to Go 4, seems like it could be possible to support it, should DJI elect to do so.  Fwiw, I find it difficult to see much on my iPhone 7 screen size, which I bought when I purchased by Mavic Pro as my old iPhone 5 wasn't supported, but I refuse to get a larger phone. ;) Good luck!

Curious, also, that the Fly app works on iPads but only at phone-sized display.

2019-11-15
Use props
miniger
lvl.2
Germany

No, the pad mini view is definitely bigger than the real tiny size of my iPhone 6 screen, where I can barely see battery status or satellites:

At bright sky in the background you don´t see anything at all, since white is used.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that the DJI Mavic Mini has caused, upon checking Iphone SE is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini, it may work however we can't guarantee the stability of the said unit. Rest assured that our R&D team are continuously testing new devices to be added on the compatible device lists for the DJI Mavic Mini and the DJI Fly application  For additional reference I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly )for the compatible devices. Thank you.

2019-11-15
Use props
SebasVaski
New

Chile

I have two iphone se, i bought the mavic mini because at the box says that are compatible. What kind of scam is this? I cannot go back from the 3points menu to the camera...
2019-11-24
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

SebasVaski Posted at 11-24 06:18
[view_image]
I have two iphone se, i bought the mavic mini because at the box says that are compatible. What kind of scam is this? I cannot go back from the 3points menu to the camera...

I also have an iPhone SE and I'm looking to buy the Mavic Mini, so I loaded DJI Fly on my phone to check it out. Not a real test of course, as there is no aircraft connected, but at least it's something. On the SE, when you are in the Options menu, there is a very small portion of the screen on the left, where you can tap to go back to Camera View. Clearly DJI hasn't (yet?) optimized the UI for the lower resolution of the SE's 4" display (1136x640), focusing instead on the more common 1334x750 resolution of the 4.7" screens. I'm disappointed of course, but I do understand them.

As a side comment, I owned a Phantom 3 and never used the SE with it as it was too small. Instead, I purchased a dedicated 7" Android tablet, which unfortunatly cannot even load DJI Fly, as it's running an older version of Android. I might end up doing the same with the MM, as the 7" screen was absolutely perfect. We'll see...
2019-12-16
Use props
djiuser_ZyKC45TuKEaa
lvl.1

United States

I have the Mavic mini and use an iPhone 6s. Has anyone had any troubles changing the camera setting like to go to quick shots or change between 1080p and 2.7k? Whenever I try to hit the button above the red record it just switched between camera and video mode instead of showing the menu to allow me to access quickshots. Anyone else have this issue? White arrow in the picture below shows the menu that isn’t coming up for me
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_ZyKC45TuKEaa
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_ZyKC45TuKEaa Posted at 12-17 08:03
I have the Mavic mini and use an iPhone 6s. Has anyone had any troubles changing the camera setting like to go to quick shots or change between 1080p and 2.7k? Whenever I try to hit the button above the red record it just switched between camera and video mode instead of showing the menu to allow me to access quickshots. Anyone else have this issue? White arrow in the picture below shows the menu that isn’t coming up for me

2019-12-17
Use props
bb6450
lvl.1

United States

I have the SE and it was listed as compatible. Cannot connect to aircraft... Link Failed.  System works fine on iPhone 8.  What's the issue?
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_2GOcQwEvjfYy
New

United Kingdom

bb6450 Posted at 4-29 07:16
I have the SE and it was listed as compatible. Cannot connect to aircraft... Link Failed.  System works fine on iPhone 8.  What's the issue?

Same issue. I have an Iphone SE - The drone is connected inside the house but as soon as I attempt to fly outside the phone loses connection with the controller. I tried to unplug the phone and plug it in again, works for a few seconds then switches back off.... I have ordered a 3rd pty cord as some others had a similar issue.

I tried with my old Iphone 6s (no sim) and works perfectly! Really annoyed with this issue.
2020-5-30
Use props
djiuser_OuLtMyTB3Wp1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 407789 ft
United States

I have the iphone se 64gb and it works in my phone very well not problems at all.
2020-7-28
Use props
djiuser_CWPwE4Yjj2TM
New

United States

djiuser_ZyKC45TuKEaa Posted at 2019-12-17 08:03

Yes I have the same problem as you I just got the mavic mini couple of days ago and for some reason I can’t fine where you can do quick shot or any other features took me hours just to figure out that it doesn’t support iPhone SE
2020-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules