57950 123 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Zefred Posted at 2020-11-24 08:05
Looks like DJI FLy isn't even showing up in the android store on my S30U+, or my P41Pro neither, which both look like they have ample enough capabilities to run it

Download it by doing a google search for "dji fly app apk" and download the apk from dji's site. install it form there.  version 1.4  is the most recent. The "store" hasn't had it for a few months now.
2021-4-15
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-4-1 23:54
Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caued, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as belows:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.

How are Motorola phones still not on the list?  Motorola has a pretty big market share.  Epic Fail DJI!
Trying to get DJI Fly app installed on a Motorolla Moto Z4 and Samsung Tab A.  Both exceed minumum requirements.  Both fail.  Now I'm stuck with a $1300 paperweight.  
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_3kHrmm7B7NRF
New

Eswatini

Have The Same Issue With My Redmi 9C. Apparently Some Of These Redmi's With 64bit CPU Run 32bit OS Which The Dji Fly App Won't Work On.

What's Really Messed Up Is DJI Don't Give Us That Detail That It Needs A Full 64bit Environment To Run On.
2021-4-23
Use props
Kellio
lvl.1
Thailand

I'm having the same issue as many others here "DJI App not Installed"
I have a Samsung Galaxy J6+.
I have pasted the url to the specs of the phone below.
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j6+-9334.php

Samsung Galaxy specs.png
2021-4-26
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Here's one of the better tried and true device compatibility listing for the Fly app. It not only lists those that are compatible, but also those that are not as well. List is updated from user input.
The Best DJI Fly Compatible Devices And Troubleshooting
2021-4-26
Use props
fegato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251886 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, apparently not supported by DJI Fly app, but it's the SAME phone as Galaxy S8 that's supported by DJI Fly app, it's just a rugged version, it just doesn't make any sense that the app won't install...
2021-4-27
Use props
Neil Angcla
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2019-11-13 19:41
Hi JaydenB, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Since the mobile device you are using is not compatible with DJI Fly app, we may suggest that you try another mobile device to ensure the full performance of the app. Hope for your kind understanding.[view_image][Image]

So how'd you fix it? I called tech support and they dont even know what the problem is even though there are all these forums about this same issue. I have a Note 9, this is beyond frustrating.
2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_wEOvs7gET8lX
New

United States

S8 + can not INSTALL the app just paid over 1800 dollars and cant even use the friggin thing . How do I fix this ?
2021-5-1
Use props
djiuser_WxuRRS64IqST
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15561 ft
United States

I have the same problem. Today I purchased the DJI FPV at bestbuy. I was so happy till I found this out even with Moto Android 10.

I spoke with management and he pulled them out of lock shelf and display. He is gooing to make a hard inquiry about this to upper management. But in the mean time. No sales will be provided for them.

It helps if you worked there for many years ;) Tomorrow Im scheduled to go there with my DJI and show them the problem to make case. Hopefully DJI can fix this issue or make appropriate changes to display boxes. They had too many people with similar problems return or complain about this.

looks like I'll be exchanging for a good DSLR at least I wont get that 10 -15% Restock fee.

Good luck everyone!
2021-5-1
Use props
gohigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 371896 ft
Turkey

Hi all,

I had a similar problem while trying to update my already installed DJI Fly App to its latest version via the APK file available in this webpage. I got the "app not installed" error too and was looking for a solution. This worked well for me. Please check:
[via stackoverflow user:  Qasim]
https://stackoverflow.com/questi ... ed-error-on-android

"For me, On Android 9 (API 28), disabling Google Play Protect from play store app worked the trick, and i was able to get rid of the App not Installed error.

To disable Google Play Protect. Open "Play Store" application => tap on Menu button => select "Play Protect" option => Disable the options "Scan device for security threats"."

Hope this helps you too
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_JvUTXgnkvzhA
New

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2019-11-16 03:27
Hi Jayden, thank you for getting back. We haven't noticed the news about the update of the list. We will forward your mobile device model to the engineers to notice, yet, we are unable to assure that it will be compatible in the future. At this moment, we still suggest using a compatible device. Thank you for your understanding.

I use the samsung s9 plus and am having the same issue. Please help
2021-5-15
Use props
fans8ccaa730
New

Turkey

I bought mini2 yesterday. I am usind galaxy s8 (sm-g9500) it has 64 bit cpu and 4 gb ram. but wont intall the application.
please fix the bug.
2021-5-17
Use props
GuilleMartin
New

Argentina

Same issue here,
I can belive it. Worst buy ever.
Do you know some free alternative app?
Thank you.
2021-5-17
Use props
Alonzo Mosely
lvl.2
Ireland

Hi there.
I think there is one main issue with the Fly app compatibility (over the allowing non Play store app intall ).  It requires 64 bit system.  After I placed the order of a Mini 2 I realised I can`t install the Fly app. So I made some research finally my problem solved:
The phone is a Galaxy A3 2017 (A320FL). I has a 64 bit CPU but 32 bit android was running on it. (Manufacturers many times uses this method for saving - minimal- power).
I had to flash a 64 bit ROM on to my phone. This is my OS now: "[ROM][A320X] H-ROM A7 PORT V6.0 [10.0][OneUI 2.0][64 bits][Treble]" (ROM of an A7 2018 modified to A3 2017).
Result: Fly app installed and the Mini 2 works well. (...so far, I only owned it for 3 days).
This ROM is for A3 2017 only and the flashing is not for beginners however it`s not difficult. I found this solution on the XDA developers forum. Maybe you have a phone that good for a ROM developed by LineageOS team or other groups. There are lots of possibilities.  

For checking your phone about 64 - 32 bit CPU / system watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ESS5Y_0heQ

Finding ROMs, custom recoveries and more: https://forum.xda-developers.com/  
>> On the forum BE NICE! These guys spent tons of hours and used incredible knowledge to develop something, in their free time for free to use. Use search before ask what and how to do or not do.<<  
I hope this helps for some of you. (If you are not confident ask a phone service they may do it for a little price). ...and if you have a 32 bit CPU just a new phone could help.
2021-5-18
Use props
Kellio
lvl.1
Thailand

I have the DJI Fly app successfully installed on my Samsung A21s and it works fine.
However, I bought an c type usb adaptor in order to increase  the distance from my phone to the controller with a few to using FPV googles later on. However when I plugged it in to the 2 devices, I'm getting a "RC not connected to mobile device" warning. I've tried 2 different adaptors (Both new) with the same negative result.
Any suggestions great appreciated.
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_mubDoSuDXqOD
New
Flight distance : 309334 ft
Germany

Same Problem here.
Galaxy TAB S2 9.7 / Android 10(64-bit)
Install via ADB: "Error: INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: Failed to extract native libraries, res=-113"

So, whats the problem?
2021-5-20
Use props
Alonzo Mosely
lvl.2
Ireland

djiuser_mubDoSuDXqOD Posted at 5-20 09:47
Same Problem here.
Galaxy TAB S2 9.7 / Android 10(64-bit)
Install via ADB: "Error: INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: Failed to extract native libraries, res=-113"

Hi.
Have you tried to install not via ADB? Normal install from the SD card or install with custom recovery (TWRP, Orange Fox...). I think it worth to try.
2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_mubDoSuDXqOD
New
Flight distance : 309334 ft
Germany

Alonzo Mosely Posted at 5-24 15:04
Hi.
Have you tried to install not via ADB? Normal install from the SD card or install with custom recovery (TWRP, Orange Fox...). I think it worth to try.

Nothing... Especially not the "normal" way.
2021-5-27
Use props
Alonzo Mosely
lvl.2
Ireland

djiuser_mubDoSuDXqOD Posted at 5-27 02:02
Nothing... Especially not the "normal" way.

They wrote on the Stackoverflow forum that:
INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS is when you are trying to install an app that has native libraries and it doesn't have a native library for your cpu architecture. For example if you compiled an app for armv7 and are trying to install it on an emulator that uses the Intel architecture instead it will not work.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24572052/install-failed-no-matching-abis-when-install-apk.

For me your ARM architecture is suspicious it could be using different libs. (but not sure I`m not an expert -sorry).
2021-5-28
Use props
petekaner
lvl.1
Spain

djiuser_jVAECRcuKaNY Posted at 2019-11-18 10:41
I noticed that not one of the many, many reviewers mentioned this very large compatibility problem.  To me this screams of a lot of effort on DJI's part to keep a major  problem under wraps.

a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y!

And that speaks a lot about the honesty of those reviewers. I watched a ton of youtube videos before going ahead and buying the dji mini 2 and none of them mentioned absoultely nothing about the problem with the dji fly app. it all seem to worked perfectly.
2021-6-1
Use props
djiuser_AVS5hh64S60X
New

Australia

My husband couldnt install the dji fly app on his phone but it did on mine knowing we both have the same phone, samsung note 8. And it is compatible to download to app. Pls help
2021-6-5
Use props
djiuser_VDvUelq09mp2
New

Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2019-11-13 19:41
Hi JaydenB, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Since the mobile device you are using is not compatible with DJI Fly app, we may suggest that you try another mobile device to ensure the full performance of the app. Hope for your kind understanding.[view_image]

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and the app installation also gives me an error. What solution do you have for this?
2021-6-8
Use props
djiuser_bTrEWQqvAJQG
New

United States

I agree!  I just bough a mini yesterday.... SAME THING!  I have a Samsung S20+.  They support a S20 BUT NOT THE S20+.  DJI REPLY - BUY A NEW PHONE
2021-6-11
Use props
Starbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2405 ft

United States

Dji,
How about getting rid of useless, NOT applicable to flight app that requires a minimum compatible device to just fly and operate my new $700 mini 2 paper weight?
At least print clearly in advertisement in BOLD requirements of the few products that are compatible and a MUST to fly the Darn things!

A pleased phantom 3 and a p*ssed off new mini 2 paper weight owner.
2021-6-11
Use props
Ghostfox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JimDandy Posted at 4-15 17:04
Hey everybody out there in DJI land. Add the Samsung  Galaxy A-51 5G to the list. of phones that DO work with the  DJIFly App. That is the phone I'm using (not on the list from Thor) However, it works flawlessly.  Just updated to 1.4.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-a51/

Guys, go to your phone and make more free space .
And try installing again .
I had 800mb free and was getting the same error message as you, I cleaned my phone and got to 5gb free space and the app installed fine .

MAKE MORE FREE SPACE….and good luck
2021-6-13
Use props
Ghostfox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_aQQcUOl2qfwy Posted at 4-14 12:56
Same here. My Samsung S7 is on the list of supposedly compatible devices and the App won't install! What a shame.

Same phone as me, and it now works fine after freeing up more storage space
2021-6-13
Use props
Alonzo Mosely
lvl.2
Ireland

Ghostfox Posted at 6-13 11:15
Guys, go to your phone and make more free space .
And try installing again .
I had 800mb free and was getting the same error message as you, I cleaned my phone and got to 5gb free space and the app installed fine .

Good point.
2021-6-13
Use props
jrlafryahoo.com
lvl.1
Canada

I just bought  a new Air S.Tried with no success to download Fly app wioth Samsung Note 8, Note20, And Ipad using QR or directly from DJi site. 15% restocking fee for returns. What else can I do without even the app ?
2021-7-2
Use props
djiuser_GpxdWL9rmEHp
New

Australia

Hey DJI here's a thought. Why don't you create a 32bit compatible app?
2021-7-4
Use props
Koster37
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hi! My problem is as follows: my phone (Redmi note 4x 4-64) got stolen,  there was the DJI Fly app installed with no problem and I could fly my  Mini 2 drone just fine. Now I got a new phone (Redmi 9c  2-32 Gb) and I  cant install the DJI Fly app, says app is not installed. Is my phone not  compatible? besides, what the hell?  the DJI Fly app was in Android's  Play Market, now its gone, I cant find it anywhere. Found it on your  website, but it wont download to my phone. Whats wrong? why cant I  download and install your frigging app, and why was it removed from Play  Market????  You guys really gotta be kidding your customers. I ordered a  new phone, Xiaomi redmi 9  4-64Gb. Will the Xiaomi Redmi 9 support the  app or should I ship it back right away? You guys are a total  disappointment

2021-7-15
Use props
Koster37
lvl.1

Ukraine

doesnt work
2021-7-15
Use props
Koster37
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hi! My problem is as follows: my phone (Redmi note 4x 4-64) got stolen, there was the DJI Fly app installed with no problem and I could fly my Mini 2 drone just fine. Now I got a new phone (Redmi 9c  2-32 Gb) and I cant install the DJI Fly app, says app is not installed. Is my phone not compatible? besides, what the hell?  the DJI Fly app was in Android's Play Market, now its gone, I cant find it anywhere. Found it on your website, but it wont download to my phone. Whats wrong? why cant I download and install your frigging app, and why was it removed from Play Market????  You guys really gotta be kidding your customers. I ordered a new phone, Xiaomi redmi 9  4-64Gb. Will the Xiaomi Redmi 9 support the app or should I ship it back right away? You guys are a total disappointment
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_6uoMK5Yj3KNi
New

United States

I have a galaxy so and it won't let me download the app either... this is very frustrating. I am not buying a new phone just to play with this toy. I will get my money back if I can't find a way to fix this..
2021-7-17
Use props
lg1382
New

United States

gohigh Posted at 5-2 01:08
Hi all,

I had a similar problem while trying to update my already installed DJI Fly App to its latest version via the APK file available in this webpage. I got the "app not installed" error too and was looking for a solution. This worked well for me. Please check:

I had two issues. Play Protect in the Google Play Store was one of them and storage space on my device was the other.

I had to disable Play Protect in the Google Play Store AND RESTART MY PHONE after disabling it. That allowed the DJI Fly app to proceed with installation and not fail immediately... HOWEVER, it still failed to install until after I cleared up about 2GB worth of free space on my device.

So, for my Samsung Galaxy S8, what resolved the DJI Fly "app not installed" issue was to disable Play Protect (restart device), then ensure you have 2 - 2.5 GB of free space on your device, then install DJI Fly.

Once the app was installed, I re-enabled Play Protect. Hope this helps.

2021-8-20
Use props
djiuser_i4O5AGgSFqzS
New

India

Cant install on galaxy s7 edge though compatible... allowed install unknown apps too
2021-8-21
Use props
djiuser_taiIzvxVDUPy
lvl.1

United States

JaydenB Posted at 2019-11-15 11:32
I tried using my brothers Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite and the app worked. Will you be updating your compatible devices anytime soon?

I agree why after paying 500 plus dollars should anyone have to buy a new phone, im running into the same issue i have a samsung a01. I had no idea dji fly wasnt going to install or be compatible with my phone b4 i purchased my phone and also am not going to buy another phone. This app should be compatible with all phones android version 10, wtf?
2021-8-22
Use props
djiuser_taiIzvxVDUPy
lvl.1

United States

JaydenB Posted at 2019-11-15 11:32
I tried using my brothers Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite and the app worked. Will you be updating your compatible devices anytime soon?

I agree why after paying 500 plus dollars should anyone have to buy a new phone, im running into the same issue i have a samsung a01. I had no idea dji fly wasnt going to install or be compatible with my phone b4 i purchased my phone and also am not going to buy another phone. This app should be compatible with all phones android version 10, wtf?
2021-8-22
Use props
djiuser_taiIzvxVDUPy
lvl.1

United States

I have a samsung galaxy a01 why wont dji fly install
2021-8-24
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

djiuser_taiIzvxVDUPy Posted at 8-24 03:49
I have a samsung galaxy a01 why wont dji fly install

DJI Fly requires a 64 bit Android OS to install upon. Just having a 64 bit CPU does not meet this requirement.
Apparantly the A01 is running a 32 bit OS, even though the cpu is 64 bit. See this reddit post - Question About Tracfone Galaxy A01 - 64 bit OS?

You can also follow the steps outlined in this article to verify the phone has a 64 or 32 bit OS. - The Best DJI Fly Compatible Devices And Troubleshooting

2021-8-24
Use props
Gjorgi Vacev
New

Serbia

Same here. I have Samsung Note 8
2021-8-25
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules