1234Next >
57912 123 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anandjv
lvl.1

India

DJI Thor Posted at 2019-12-30 23:16
Hi, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above. Please note that the Android 10 beta version for Samsung Galaxy models is not currently supported.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.

2021-8-28
Use props
Anandjv
lvl.1

India

Hey! I had a HUGE issue with this too! I was really angry with DJI for selling such a costly drone without an App that works on all phones. Even went cell phone shopping since the app didn't workon my phone which has a 64bit system, Android 10 etc. Finally long story short, realised the DJI Fly works on ALL latest android phones but we need to download the app from DJI store. First time I installed it did not work. When I uninstalled, scanned QR on box and reinstalled, it worked. Also, when SD card is inserted, it doesnt read. Need to click a button above formatting it (th
2021-9-2
Use props
djiuser_aYZG7btRel7Q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6503 ft

United States

My new DJI Mavic 2 Air does not connect to the controller so I thought I would install the DJI Fly app. The dumb app doesn't work, either! DJI you suck! I'm switching back to Parrott ANAFI and I want a full refund from DJI!
2021-9-3
Use props
djiuser_aYZG7btRel7Q
lvl.1

United States

Ghostfox Posted at 6-13 11:15
Guys, go to your phone and make more free space .
And try installing again .
I had 800mb free and was getting the same error message as you, I cleaned my phone and got to 5gb free space and the app installed fine .

That's not the issue. Have plenty of space on my phone.
2021-9-3
Use props
djiuser_MsOjwwmVCVLi
New

United States

Dji mini2 app won't install Samsung a01.I refuse to buy another phone. Store won't take it back .I'm out $550 not funny.
2021-9-7
Use props
djiuser_Z7bmMT5vYuMo
New

Germany

Hi DJI,

I have a Samsung Galaxy A6 (SM-A600FN/DS) with all specifications you mentioned are required:
ARM 64
ROM 3GB
Android version 9

Still I get error app not installed.
It is ridiculous if you say that this device is not supported again, because it has all the requirements you mentioned.

Thanks for your reply and for a suggestion of what should I do with the newly bought air 2s
2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_aYZG7btRel7Q
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-4-1 23:54
Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caued, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as belows:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
[Image]
Your app needs to be compatible with ALL Android devices. I suggest DJI resolve this issue IMMEDIATELY.
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_aYZG7btRel7Q
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_MsOjwwmVCVLi Posted at 9-7 08:19
Dji mini2 app won't install Samsung a01.I refuse to buy another phone. Store won't take it back .I'm out $550 not funny.

I'm out $700. This sucks!
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_aYZG7btRel7Q
lvl.1

United States

I have a Sumsung A10e and DJI Fly will not install. Why???
Screenshot_20210911-184418_Package installer.jpg
2021-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_aYZG7btRel7Q Posted at 9-11 14:36
Your app needs to be compatible with ALL Android devices. I suggest DJI resolve this issue IMMEDIATELY.

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will forward your suggestion to the corresponding team. Could you please tell us more details of the issue you encountered? We will try our best to help.
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_cMq1eBgA2W8F
New

India

Samsung J7 [6] 2016
Dji Fly app not installed  (please help me)
2021-9-19
Use props
djiuser_qu1y2S63JYYe
New

Australia

I can't install dji fly on samsung s10 if anyone can help me please۔
2021-10-6
Use props
djiuser_aoqAxFMyS7iB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22897 ft
Nepal

the app wont install on my samsung galaxy note 8
2021-10-8
Use props
djiuser_dUSTZ0ZMK9b6
lvl.1

Canada

Hey Guys.  I just confirmed.  I had the same issue with app not installing.  Turns out I didn't have enough work space for it to install, so it kept failing.  Got rid if a ton of stuff, old pics etc, and tried again.  What do you know IT WORKED.  Thank god.  I couldn't have gone without my drone for much longer.  
2021-10-16
Use props
djiuser_lxynVVKL2K6R
New

United States

I concur completely. This is supposed to be an affordable drone.  I am not spending another $600 on a phone capable of running the app when the drone itself already cost $600 for the Fly More Combo.  Luckily, I already had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 for $99 that was capable of running the app, though I had to purchase some accessories to actually allow me to connect it to the Drone Controller.  The 8" screen is better anyway.  
2021-10-29
Use props
Jhon3628
New

United States

Buyer Beware If Buying Make Shore You Got A Really Good Phone One In The 300 Or 400 Dollar Range That Is 64 Bit Compatible I Just Went To Best Buy And Paid 1389 For The Dji Fpv Drone Thank God I Never Opened It Got Home And Went To Install The Dji Fly App And It Wont Install On Trac Phone A01 Galaxy Now Im Stuck With A 1389 Dollar Paperweight  But Not For Long Im Returning This To Best Buy Tomorrow What A Waste Of Money Dji Do You Treat All Your Customers Like This Im Not About To Go Out And Spend Another 400 Or 500 Dollars For A New Phone So Ill Be Taking This Back Tomorrow And Ill Be Getting A Full Refund
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_AwgoWLzNA9sW
New

United States

I bought a mavic air 2 and I've got a Samsung note 20 which is on the list of compatibility for this app. But now I can't do anything  I download from the website and it isn't even loading as a complete file. Please fix this or tell how to do this better.
2021-11-9
Use props
Anjinsan
New

United States

Well all I can say is, since I have not opened the box,  I am return this mavic mini   as I refuse to buy a $500 phone to fly a $200 drone.
2021-11-23
Use props
Alonzo Mosely
lvl.2
Ireland

Hi.
Before you send the drone back, it worth to try a few tings:
1; Free up space on the internal storage of your phone  as suggested by #Ghostfox  
2; If you have a 64bit chipset but 32bit Android running on it no cost to try to find a custom rom for your phone. Check my previous post.

>> Galaxy S20 FE (Snapdragon): Fly app installed at the 1st attempt.<<
God luck to everyone, flying with DJI drone is a good fun. Don`t give up too quickly.
2021-12-3
Use props
djiuser_GwSMrsSuI03x
New

United States

I have the smasung s9+ its in the list of compatible devices yet I go install the update on the dji fly app. After downloading it will not let me install. I had no issues flying my drone now that samsung updated to andriod 12 the app will not open and will not let me install the latest version. So as of now I have a air 2 s that does nothing but sit on the counter. Can dji give an update on whe. This issue will be fixed.
2021-12-4
Use props
Alonzo Mosely
lvl.2
Ireland

djiuser_GwSMrsSuI03x Posted at 12-4 10:32
I have the smasung s9+ its in the list of compatible devices yet I go install the update on the dji fly app. After downloading it will not let me install. I had no issues flying my drone now that samsung updated to andriod 12 the app will not open and will not let me install the latest version. So as of now I have a air 2 s that does nothing but sit on the counter. Can dji give an update on whe. This issue will be fixed.

Maybe it`s worth to try to install an older version (first uninstall the recent one and restart the phone). I`m using the 1.4.0 because the later apps caused trouble to me.
Older version of the DJI Fly app
And before install, make sure the "install from unknown source" or something like that enabled.
I hope it helps.
2021-12-5
Use props
djiuser_Nql3UfDeSFai
New

Australia

lg1382 Posted at 8-20 10:34
I had two issues. Play Protect in the Google Play Store was one of them and storage space on my device was the other.

Hi lg1382,
Needless to say I was stuck in the same scenario. I disabled play protection and still it was not working. Then I noticed your comment to restart it and THAT DID THE JOB. Thanks man!!

Cheers,
2021-12-10
Use props
djiuser_HagOl094p0q9
New

Canada

, DJI FLY won't  install  on Samsung Galaxy A11
2021-12-19
Use props
djiuser_CBubkN1WleZm
New
Flight distance : 57536 ft
New Zealand

fegato Posted at 4-27 09:09
I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, apparently not supported by DJI Fly app, but it's the SAME phone as Galaxy S8 that's supported by DJI Fly app, it's just a rugged version, it just doesn't make any sense that the app won't install...

Wouldn't install on my galaxy s7 either, was running android 8  so it should have worked but got the app not installed error each time I tried to install.
Fixed it by following instruction from another post on here.
Basically  I had to turn off the protect switch in Playstore settings and ensuring there was more than 2gig of memory  free, it then installed with no issues.
2021-12-20
Use props
agaitan026
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89446 ft
Panama

latest dji App is not working on S21 ultra android 12
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_QCm5InJottnW
New

United States

jerenimo Posted at 2020-9-23 03:02
You should write this phone list on the product boxes.

Preach. That would be very helpful. That goes for Tablets too.
2021-12-25
Use props
djiuser_gaOElBa4NC3O
New

Finland

I had the installing problem with Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017). I disabled Play Protect, restarted the phone and then the installing process went almost to the end before crashing. Now I have new Samsung Galaxy A22. I did everything the same, but this time it worked. It was just for that DJI Fly needs over 1,4 Gt of memory. So if you can not install DJI Fly:
1. Disable Play Protect from Play Store (even though the APK needs to be downloaded from browser)
2. Restart your phone
3. MAKE SURE YOU GOT AT LEAST 2 GT LEFT IN YOUR EXTERNAL STORAGE
Hope it works for you too!
2021-12-28
Use props
MLUND
New

United Kingdom

Gjorgi Vacev Posted at 2021-8-25 08:41
Same here. I have Samsung Note 8

I have just bought a Mini 2, and having seen a youtube video showing compatible phones, my Samsung 9S WAS compatible a while ago. So, instead of double checking on the DJI site, I bought it...could not download the app, and looking at the DJI site, it now is not on the list. I was going to return the drone, or get litchi, but decided on a refurb iphone...apparently compatible...and on Apple apps. Awaiting the phone now.  Ridiculous state of affairs, and sellers should put the compatibility warnings up front.
2022-1-20
Use props
djiuser_R1mSmhV6I2VA
New

United States

Zefred Posted at 2020-11-24 08:05
Looks like DJI FLy isn't even showing up in the android store on my S30U+, or my P41Pro neither, which both look like they have ample enough capabilities to run it

Hi there i have never used the app from the store gointo your browser and search dji and down load from the website then u have to go into yoir files and install it after download should work if ur phone is capable
2022-1-20
Use props
djiuser_YFlM7CYJGgO7
New

Australia

I've just purchased a dji mini 2 whilst on holidays and the fly app won't install!! (Not installed).

I have a galaxy A11 which armv8l 64 bit equivalent and I have downloaded the latest version app v1.5.8 direct from the dji website!

Am I supposed to now go purchase a new phone just to be able to use the drone?? Sigh......
2022-1-25
Use props
Alonzo Mosely
lvl.2
Ireland

djiuser_YFlM7CYJGgO7 Posted at 1-25 11:55
I've just purchased a dji mini 2 whilst on holidays and the fly app won't install!! (Not installed).

I have a galaxy A11 which armv8l 64 bit equivalent and I have downloaded the latest version app v1.5.8 direct from the dji website!

Hi.
Galaxy A11 runs on 32-bit mode in order to keep memory usage down so you will not be able to use 64-bit apps — which includes certain games. https://pulse2.com/samsung-galaxy-a11-pros-and-cons/

A11 has 64bit chipset but running 32bit Android on it. the phone is quite new so a custom rom may not been made for it. (But check XDA-developers forum).
Check my previous posts for the possible solutions or you could try Litchi app.
check this out:   
You may be able to ask Gavin about Litchi app.

2022-1-30
Use props
djiuser_cpnqbsaIdfMq
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-4-1 23:54
Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caued, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as belows:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
[Image]

This is an absolutely absurd situation You say that you have to have particular phone on your list to work It needs to be 64-bit Well I have a Google Pixel 3 XL which fits all of the requirements and yet your APX file will not open or load?

I'm starting to believe I need to sell my mavic Air 2 and buy something from your competitor.
2022-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_cpnqbsaIdfMq Posted at 2-6 21:25
This is an absolutely absurd situation You say that you have to have particular phone on your list to work It needs to be 64-bit Well I have a Google Pixel 3 XL which fits all of the requirements and yet your APX file will not open or load?

I'm starting to believe I need to sell my mavic Air 2 and buy something from your competitor.

Hi there, this is Hunter from DJI. Could you please download and install the latest app through the link below to see if it works? If not, please tell us more detail about the issue you encountered. If there is an error message when you open it, please provide us a screenshot to check. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-2-7
Use props
djiuser_lLuFZ17DIzRu
New

Netherlands

I have had DJI Fly on my phone. I had to reset factory settings. After that Im unable to install the app. Same phone same everything! What happened? Xiaomi Redmi 9.
2022-2-8
Use props
Brian_geezer
lvl.1
United States

Alonzo Mosely Posted at 2021-12-5 10:37
Maybe it`s worth to try to install an older version (first uninstall the recent one and restart the phone). I`m using the 1.4.0 because the later apps caused trouble to me.
Older version of the DJI Fly app
And before install, make sure the "install from unknown source" or something like that enabled.

This worked!  Thanks very much,  I downloaded 1.4.0 and successfully installed it on my Moto G Power.  Now to see if the thing actually works!  Much appreciated
2022-2-14
Use props
gevigil253
lvl.4

El Salvador

No estoy defendiendo la marca, pero ha aprendido a investigar antes de comprar por impulso un producto nuevo ( nuevo lanzamiento o nuevo para mi.) investigo en YOUTUBE, GOOGLE, DJI OFFICIAL.

En la mayoria de casos uno se busca los problemas y no podemos culpar a terceras personas por nuestras propias decisiones, muy diferente es que la marca publique que la app es comptaible con todos los celulares y no ha sido asi... perdon por mi comentario.

COMPRA UN CELULAR COMPATIBLE Y VOLARAS SEGURO Y DORMIRAS EN PAZ... POR QUE MANANA PODRAS VOLAR DE NUEVO,...
2022-2-17
Use props
Trevor Walsh
New

United States

I have an android note 10 5g. Won't let me open the app? It downloads into some wierd file and I can't do anything with it. How do I fix this.
2022-2-24
Use props
Mascarona Miklavec
New

Slovenia

Hello
I have a problem to open up Dji fly app.
I have Xiaomi Mi11i
I download an app and then i cant' open it

It says with which app i want to open the downloaded file ( Mi table, Connect, or Moon reader)
Can someone help me ?
2022-2-25
Use props
djiuser_dRTkBcj21hG0
New
Flight distance : 23996 ft
United Kingdom

After reading this thread, I am totally disappointed with dji.com, I have a Samsung A52s and the app just freezes and is totally useless £400 worth of drone unusable
2022-2-25
Use props
Alonzo Mosely
lvl.2
Ireland

djiuser_dRTkBcj21hG0 Posted at 2-25 05:54
After reading this thread, I am totally disappointed with dji.com, I have a Samsung A52s and the app just freezes and is totally useless £400 worth of drone unusable

Have you tried to install an older version of the Fly app?
First uninstall the recent one and you could find one on GAVINHR`s page
Many user likes the 1.4.8.
(source: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIQm7a8I61exPoULNy6Nrg

2022-3-2
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules