https://app.airdata.com/flight/2 ... c88/GENERALOverview
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_DVXHRYYnpLpz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

djiuser_of4QI41NHDEN Posted at 11-25 00:11
So I used to get the normal insufficient power message like everyone else, but today I got this disturbing error message. Aircraft max Power load reached. Wtf? Has anyone had this message yet? So concerning.

It is the same error code 30168. They probably changed the wording when they update the app.
2019-11-30
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2241375 ft
United States

As far as I can tell - this they’ve altered the error text.

I still get the alert sometimes; but there is a stark difference between my sometimes - and those who are getting it apparently all the damn time.  
2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_7BEnJrwOwfVn
New

Poland

I have this problem while going up. After I get to 60m even it’s open to 500 m it just don’t have the power to go up.
2019-11-30
Use props
skajwalker
lvl.1

Poland

Have the same massage.
2019-12-1
Use props
clem clem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19190 ft
France

1st battery flight at 70%.
2019-12-3
Use props
MiniChris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 552326 ft
United Kingdom

I get this error all the time and got it in its earlier wording loads too. I get it at full speed in S and sometimes in P. I dont suffer the altitude drop like some of you though so I'm just assuming its an over sensitive warning.
2019-12-3
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36962 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-19 14:33
Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident that happened with your DJI Mavic Mini. I would recommend you to contact our support team to start up a ticket at ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ). We have the professional team who would do their best to  assists you with regards to this matter. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for a swift resolution. Thank you.

you really should communicate that to developers - they need to re-work logic of forced auto-landing mode switch due to the lack of power under wind.
it would be more logical to adjust max angle of attack to allow drone to complete RTH rather than initiating RTH from sport mode, figuring out that drone speed is insufficient to deal with a 20-25mhp wind and then dropping drone down from the sky.  there were several reports about it so far, as people try flying this little 2S powered model higher than it is reasonable. still, the enforced default limits for P mode and RTH seem to be the core of the issue. code logic should be to use the optimal angle limit in no wind conditions, but if wind drift is detected it should use S mode or higher angle limits to be able to complete RTH.
and it is clear that there is no universal solution to this - but it would also help instead of posting a warning label on the screen saying something like  - INSUFFICIENT POWER - insead put an instruction for user - LOWER ALTITUDE ASAP and try to manually drive drone home across the wind. a lot of people jsut do not realize that a 10mph wind at ground level can be 4 times more at 200ft altitude and they set 50-70m RTH altitude where this drone will NEVER be able to get back against the wind. then they panic and drone drifts away or autolands who knows where.
2019-12-3
Use props
Sys_Admin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1094311 ft
United Kingdom

You get strong wind alerts at moderate and high wind speeds. There really should be some kind of wind strength indicator to judge this better. (If it gave direction that would be a bonus)
People just start to ignore the warnings as it often triggers occasionally due to a minor gust and then one day it really is a strong consistent wind and the mini can't come home !
Saying "Insufficient Power" definitely doesn't describe the problem enough unless you have done this research.
As Paul says - to use higher angle limit for RTH would be a good idea too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKloYMJOVTg
2019-12-3
Use props
Madwankster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161 ft
Finland

WooZie Posted at 11-29 13:05
guys, all of you think that is not a big issue until you will have a fall off the sky like my drone, i always had this message even indoor in hover mode, so that is a big issue not "nothing" as you think

i just noticed that the same error message is coming to me as well. Even when gliding in place indoors
2019-12-5
Use props
WooZie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4485558 ft
Romania

Madwankster Posted at 12-5 04:41
i just noticed that the same error message is coming to me as well. Even when gliding in place indoors

try to enable paylod in the app, maybe it helps
2019-12-5
Use props
djiuser_OqpnPHleDt0w
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108 ft
United States

I have encountered the wretched power load issue today when my battery was 60% and the drone dropped dead like a fly. Happened with all the 3 batteries with and without the prop guards. The total fly time has never gone beyond 7 mins. I am terribly disappointed with

1. Unable to unlock the zone (when I am flying indoors) just because I live close to an non working airport and I cannot unlock it.

2. Traveled around 10 miles one way to get to a field so that I can fly this damn thing and in about 7 mins,  it drops to the ground. A bit of cajoling sometimes make it go a little higher and then it drops to the ground.

Have I made a mistake in getting this stupid drone
2019-12-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_OqpnPHleDt0w Posted at 12-7 19:22
I have encountered the wretched power load issue today when my battery was 60% and the drone dropped dead like a fly. Happened with all the 3 batteries with and without the prop guards. The total fly time has never gone beyond 7 mins. I am terribly disappointed with

1. Unable to unlock the zone (when I am flying indoors) just because I live close to an non working airport and I cannot unlock it.

Sounds like you have more problems to worry about that unlocking the blue zones at the moment. The blue zones is a known issue and a firmware update to fix that is coming in just a short time.

If after flying 7 minutes, if my Mavic mini dropped like a fly, I would’ve opened a case with DJI already. And you’ve had it happen more than once. Sounds like a faulty drone to me.
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_OqpnPHleDt0w
lvl.1
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-7 19:43
Sounds like you have more problems to worry about that unlocking the blue zones at the moment. The blue zones is a known issue and a firmware update to fix that is coming in just a short time.

If after flying 7 minutes, if my Mavic mini dropped like a fly, I would’ve opened a case with DJI already. And you’ve had it happen more than once. Sounds like a faulty drone to me.

Thanks for your reply . I updated it to the latest firmware 01.00.0300 using the DJI assistant 2 and it complained that the firmware was not completely updated. It re-did the update and this morning I flew it again with and without the Prop Guards. Without the prop guard, I have got around 25 minutes of fly time while with them strapped on I have received around 15 mins which seems to be ok.  I haven't seen the 30168 issue today and I was able to consume all the battery in the flight.  The new issue now is about the RC connecting to the drone

1. During the flight, the RC got disconnected. Fortunately I wasn't flying it high and far enough so I was able to retrieve it. (happened once)

2. The RC refuses to connect to the drone after a cold start. Debugging the issue now .

I will keep testing this drone for a few days and see where it goes.  Presently I am not too elated with this Drone.
P.S: The firmware update through the app (dji fly on my Iphone 10) messed it up so had to use the DJI assistance app on my Mac to fix it.
2019-12-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

At least you are making progress. I’ve yet to do an update so I hope I don’t have these issues. But maybe by the time it rolls around, we’ll have a better handle on things. Have you tried to roll back the firmware on both the ac and rc? You can do this and put the phone in airplane mode and avoid the firmware update notice and still be able to fly.
2019-12-8
Use props
Guille Parrilla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 468586 ft
Puerto Rico

Same error but mine went down no matter what I did into the river!
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_OqpnPHleDt0w
lvl.1
United States

An Update:

The issue with the RC not connected to the aircraft was due to my own design. I use an otterbox case and with it an adaptor which allows me to plugin my iPhone with the drone. With this the rc has issues connecting to the aircraft and once this was taken out, the connectivity is seamless.  I will test the aircraft for a couple of weeks before I attempt to fly it away from line of sight. I hope the firmware issue has sorted all the issues of power loss / power load etc
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_OqpnPHleDt0w
lvl.1
United States

Guille Parrilla Posted at 12-8 14:06
Same error but mine went down no matter what I did into the river!

I did not let the drone go out of my sight and it was a few meters above and away from me. When it dropped dead, it was a few feet away from where I was standing. I am sorry to hear about your drone.
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_OqpnPHleDt0w
lvl.1
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-8 10:39
At least you are making progress. I’ve yet to do an update so I hope I don’t have these issues. But maybe by the time it rolls around, we’ll have a better handle on things. Have you tried to roll back the firmware on both the ac and rc? You can do this and put the phone in airplane mode and avoid the firmware update notice and still be able to fly.

Never received any update on the controller. When I search for the update , it times out (my phone has full internet connectivity and this app had net connectivity as well), DJI assistant is a helpful app.
2019-12-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_OqpnPHleDt0w Posted at 12-8 20:42
Never received any update on the controller. When I search for the update , it times out (my phone has full internet connectivity and this app had net connectivity as well), DJI assistant is a helpful app.

I take it that you tried to check for RC update with DJI assistant 2?
2019-12-9
Use props
djiuser_OqpnPHleDt0w
lvl.1
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-9 04:17
I take it that you tried to check for RC update with DJI assistant 2?

Yup this is the route that I had taken to get the firmware issues sorted out.
2019-12-9
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_OqpnPHleDt0w Posted at 12-9 04:29
Yup this is the route that I had taken to get the firmware issues sorted out.

Dang man, somethings messed up then. There is part of me that wishes I had the update available so I could go through it and see whats up. Have you tried rolling the RC firmware back and then forward to the new fw?
2019-12-9
Use props
djiuser_OqpnPHleDt0w
lvl.1
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-9 04:33
Dang man, somethings messed up then. There is part of me that wishes I had the update available so I could go through it and see whats up. Have you tried rolling the RC firmware back and then forward to the new fw?

Well I did not try to roll back the update as of now as I am trying to sort issues first so that I can better get a grasp on the drone. The steps that I think caused the issue in the first place are

1. The Fly app gave me an option to update some battery firmare ( I vaguely remember it saying that the firmware and the battery firmware ????? were not compatible or something similar) and I update it through the app. I did not test the drone after the update and the coming weekend, I was off to a place where I can fly. The drone first showed hesitation to take off, followed by trying to take off by tilting backwards and crashing in the process. Hand held take off's were ok while the drone hestitated gaining altitude. The other movements (forward / backwards / sideways / gimbal operation) were ok.  The battery at 100% to around 66% took about 3 - 4 mins to arrive followed by the power load error warning followed by immediate loss of power and the drone drops to the ground (battery extremely hot by this time)

2. Re-calibrated the IMU / Compass multiple times with no luck. The drone dropping down ensured that the prop blades were a little chipped at the ends ( fortunately I did not go to the extent of replacing the props)

3. Looked at the various forums and I haven't seen such an issue reported anywhere except here. I realised that there was a new firmware and the wretched app never showed me the update (possibly due to the first mess up it did by upgrading the battery firmware ?). Downloaded DJI assistant 2 and applied the latest firmware and after the aircraft reconnected to the assistant, it showed me that there was an incompatible battery firmware ?? and it re-applied the firmware. A subsequent restart of the aircraft after the reapplication did not present me with any errors and off again I went to fly, this time with success. The first battery (which I used to apply the firmware) showed me a power load on the first flight after the new firmware has been loaded while the second and the 3rd gave me the advertised flying time (with / without prop guards)

I am still unsure if the issue has indeed been fixed or not and I will try a few test flights in the coming week ends to check and will report back. One thing that caught my attention is that the controller does not like a lightening (female - male) adaptor between itself and the phone. With the adaptor on, the rc does not connect to the drone.

I am yet to gather the logs of the flights to understand what went wrong.
2019-12-9
Use props
djiuser_UxL8JZqi6GhL
lvl.1

Germany

Today i had the first time big troubles with my Mavic Mini.
When i started flying it showed me that the Aircraft Max. power load is reached and i have to land.
I continued flying and then the drone just dropped to the ground and i had no control of the drone. It happend 5 times that day.
I dont know whats wrong.
The weather was realy good, it was not too windy and not too cold.
Hopefully someone can tell me what the problem is.
2019-12-10
Use props
fans6be3a8e9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 307687 ft
Austria

So. Today my Mavic mini dropped into a lake. Same issue as many have described here - code (2516796)

No prop guards. Warnings popped up for seconds at a time, with no audio warning. Only realised the warnings afterwards. Battery was fine. Drone was fine. How can this happen?
Will my drone be replaced? This clearly was not my fault....
2019-12-27
Use props
fans6be3a8e9
lvl.1
Austria

Sorry just realized I pasted the wrong code.number.
2019-12-27
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

fans6be3a8e9 Posted at 12-27 12:26
So. Today my Mavic mini dropped into a lake. Same issue as many have described here - code (2516796)

No prop guards. Warnings popped up for seconds at a time, with no audio warning. Only realised the warnings afterwards. Battery was fine. Drone was fine. How can this happen?

Post your complete flight log and someone will give you idea.
2019-12-27
Use props
Sisko.de
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49239 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-19 14:33
Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident that happened with your DJI Mavic Mini. I would recommend you to contact our support team to start up a ticket at ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ). We have the professional team who would do their best to  assists you with regards to this matter. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for a swift resolution. Thank you.

how can i pickup a ticket? i don't get it.
2019-12-27
Use props
fans6be3a8e9
lvl.1
Austria

lifeisfun Posted at 12-27 12:58
Post your complete flight log and someone will give you idea.

I took this up with dji support.
2019-12-28
Use props
stop-production
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Some are saying this seems to be a prop issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpumxfV-KeE
I can't see how these can continue to be sold until this serious issue is fixed.
2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sisko.de Posted at 12-27 23:04
how can i pickup a ticket? i don't get it.

Hi. Thank you for the additional inquiry. With regards to this concern. You may create a ticket/case by contacting our DJI support team at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) by clicking the repair services or sending an email at support@dji.com.  If you have further inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402920 ft
United States

WSUPolar Posted at 11-28 18:33
Well again - this doesn’t seem to be an issue - at least for me. Still get the occasional power alert issue - but no drops.

Logged a five mile flight today - on a single battery. As well I reached 4,000’ away w/o issue on a flight.

Hello, wehre are you getting this view of flight total distance? Thanks.
2019-12-31
Use props
Alomu79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 438547 ft
Italy

3rd flight for my Mavic Mini today, had the problem for the first time and the drone felt out of the sky, 2 hours and a trespassing after I managed to retrieve it, one prop broken, one arm seems a bit bended... but maybe is an impression.  came home replaced the broken props, saw there is a firmware update, done it.  Tomorrow I will  try again if problem persists.  in such case what shall I do?
I own a Mavic 1st generation since it came out never had problems.  wanted to replace it with this one.. . but I'm a bit disappointed to tell you the truth.
also the range seems crappy....  after 200mt I already starting loosing the signal... on the beach.. no interferences whatsoever and no wind.... if is like this, is just unusable... but I have a better consideration of DJI... could it be that I have a faulty one?
2020-1-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Alomu79 Posted at 1-3 12:40
3rd flight for my Mavic Mini today, had the problem for the first time and the drone felt out of the sky, 2 hours and a trespassing after I managed to retrieve it, one prop broken, one arm seems a bit bended... but maybe is an impression.  came home replaced the broken props, saw there is a firmware update, done it.  Tomorrow I will  try again if problem persists.  in such case what shall I do?
I own a Mavic 1st generation since it came out never had problems.  wanted to replace it with this one.. . but I'm a bit disappointed to tell you the truth.
also the range seems crappy....  after 200mt I already starting loosing the signal... on the beach.. no interferences whatsoever and no wind.... if is like this, is just unusable... but I have a better consideration of DJI... could it be that I have a faulty one?

Post your fly log in a new thread, people can help you there to find what happened.
2020-1-3
Use props
Alomu79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 438547 ft
Italy

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-3 12:50
Post your fly log in a new thread, people can help you there to find what happened.

done, thank you!
2020-1-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

You are welcome, let see if some info can clarify what happened.
Specially if this is a known bug, and people are crashing.
2020-1-4
Use props
D2O
lvl.1
Russia

what was the temperature outside? MM uses hi-current 18650 Li-Ion instead of Li-pol - these batteries may behave different than you expected
2020-1-5
Use props
Ortarius Ashtar
New
Flight distance : 1204442 ft
Mexico

Hello everyone from Mexico I am experiencing the same problems as you, The aircraft does not have enough power, please fly carefully, reading your posts and your comments, maybe we can make a downgrade to the firmware of the aircraft, and return it to a Previous version because it had never happened to me, I almost crashed my aircraft, due to this problem.
2020-1-12
Use props
Akrita
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37927 ft
United States

So let me join the club of the Code: 30168.
Having no issues with the previous flight and deciding to snap some sunset pictures 2 weeks later, I realized that my drone was acting weird. Taking off wasn't straight up like usual, it was backing 4-5 feet before get stable. Then switching to S mode from P mode there was no difference at all. I switched the battery reset and re-calibrate everything and still no improvement. After a half hour of frustration, here I am joining the forum for answers.
One more think, trying to bring it down from 100 feet and letting the controller 8 feet before the ground my Mini decide to crash land softly and then go up retain the 6 feet stable altitude. Very weird behavior.
2020-1-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules