United States

2019-11-13
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Thanks for the video.

Personally, I cannot stand the extreme aliasing in the slow motion mode and honestly cannot see any value in it beyond novelty due to this problem. I guess the cameras do not pack enough power for a full sensor scale down at those speeds (I assume "pixel skipping" is the source of the aliasing artifacts), but having a 1080 pixel continous central crop as an option would get rid of the problem, albeit at a significant cost of FOV.

I know people don't like the central crop slow motion of Osmo Pocket; but the main reason behind it is the lens being already quite narrow, and a serious crop on top of that renders the mode borderline usable. Action is a totally different beast.  A %50 crop on such a wide lens still leaves a decent FOV behind and it could also help with the barrel distortion a bit  (since "dewarp" is also not available in this mode).

Before anyone flames me, I know "FOV" is everything for some, and that is also why I said it would be nice to have the central crop "as an option"

Cheers,

2019-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

nice comparison. thanks for sharing.
2019-11-14
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

I am glad the FOV on the OA are not that wide, a lower FOV ( to a degree ) are also something i have requested in dashcams
And i do run a dashcam with a 12 mm narrow FOV lens, but this is super narrow FOV and can not be used alone, but it give me details on something far away that on a wide angle camera are just a few pixels.
2019-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator