123Next >
57443 110 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott
lvl.1
United States

Hey..

I got my new Mavic Mini today.  It's been on the charger for hours, but has made no progress.  Battery level was two dots out of the box, it's still two dots now on the charger.  Did I get a bad battery?

Please advise.

Thank you..

-Scott

2019-11-13
Use props
Gocougs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2241375 ft
United States

Are you using the supplied USB adapter?
2019-11-13
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are the battery lights moving and giving an indication that it is being charged?

Also, as Scott asked, are you using the provided 15w charger that came with it or are you using an existing charging block you already owned?
2019-11-13
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tried charging mine from the car USB port-wouldn't work. 1st led just slow flashed. Used the DJI charger when I got home and it started working. I believe it is Quick Charge technology.
2019-11-13
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Alan E Posted at 11-13 21:38
Tried charging mine from the car USB port-wouldn't work. 1st led just slow flashed. Used the DJI charger when I got home and it started working. I believe it is Quick Charge technology.

Good to know thanks!
2019-11-14
Use props
fans7ee4dffa
lvl.1
United States

Hey, thanks to all of you for your replies.  No, I was not using the supplied charger as I have chargers in every room of the house.  I seem to have resolved the issue. I had the drone on my best USB charger - a Leviton wall outlet w/ USB - but after five hours with no change to the charge level, I moved it to my phone charger, and charging then proceeded normally.  This seems odd; is there a USB voltage requirement I'm not aware of?  I will move to using the supplied charger from here on.
2019-11-14
Use props
fans7ee4dffa
lvl.1
United States

DJI support chat confirmed that required voltage is 5 volts 2 amps.  So, it'll work with my quick chargers but not normal chargers.  Good to know.
2019-11-14
Use props
Fostebrian
lvl.1

United States

Charge issue solved? I just got my “non-fly-more” Mavic Mini today. Apparently, it does not come with a charger. It comes with a single USB cord that plugs into both the remote and the drone. No charging brick means you get to choose your charging source, lol. After hours of attempting to charge the drone battery from the provided cord, it only indicated two lights of progress. When I quick tapped the battery test button on the bottom of the drone, it showed 4 LED lights flashing. These 4 LED’s revert back to LED 1 and 2 lighting sequentially. Since my remote fully charged in no time, I figure something was wrong.
I disconnected the drone and tried to turn it on. I did the double tap and hold...NOTHING. Uh oh. I did a single tap hold....Nothing/no power on. Lastly I did three things and I have no idea what the fix was so here goes: 1) I removed the battery and reinserted it 2) I unplugged the provided USB cord from my fast charger and plugged it into a standard 2.1A brick 3) I plugged the USB cord into the drone. After 4 minutes, the 2 LED’s progressed to 3 sequential LED’s. THUS IT WAS FINALLY CHARGING.  Best guess conclusion...a functioning charge is required to take the battery out of hibernation mode. Using a quick charger or super powered USB brick is not going to work...Use the provided cord and a simple 2.1A brick/power source.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused you before and thank you for giving us an update. It is great to know that the issue has been solved by using the charger that was provided. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with your DJI Mavic Mini or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.
2019-11-15
Use props
OlympicsPA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 12:20
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused you before and thank you for giving us an update. It is great to know that the issue has been solved by using the charger that was provided. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with your DJI Mavic Mini or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.

There was no charger in the box with my new Mini,only a white cord. I'm using my own charger. I can't find a charger for sale for the Mini on the DJI store or anywhere else!
2019-11-23
Use props
OlympicsPA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 12:20

There was no charger in the box with my new Mini,only a white cord. I'm using my own charger. I can't find a charger for sale for the Mini on the DJI store or anywhere else!
2019-11-23
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans7ee4dffa Posted at 11-14 13:29
DJI support chat confirmed that required voltage is 5 volts 2 amps.  So, it'll work with my quick chargers but not normal chargers.  Good to know.

Glad you got the fox for it. And thanks for sharing the information with us.
2019-11-23
Use props
djiuser_s0PFKVDsJrK7
New

Ireland

OlympicsPA Posted at 11-23 05:11

Id like to second this comment. No charger in mine either. Its the CE version if that makes a difference. Can someone from DJI please respond to this by confirming no charger comes with this version and what we should be using to charge our drones and romotes?
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_ePgruPdNNSyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348547 ft
United Kingdom

Yep, mine's not charging above 2 dots either. Again my mini came with just a cable. Is it just the non-UK versions that come with a wall plug? Tried every charger in the house..... Nothing works so far.
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

OlympicsPA Posted at 11-23 05:11
There was no charger in the box with my new Mini,only a white cord. I'm using my own charger. I can't find a charger for sale for the Mini on the DJI store or anywhere else!

I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused and thank you for choosing DJI. May I please know what package did you purchase. Is it the Standard DJI Mavic Mini package or the DJI Mavic Mini Fly More Combo. For me to able to check if the said charging brick is included on the package. Please keep us updated for me to assists you further. Thank you.
2019-11-25
Use props
djiuser_PLbzWyhgOY1j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-25 08:46
I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused and thank you for choosing DJI. May I please know what package did you purchase. Is it the Standard DJI Mavic Mini package or the DJI Mavic Mini Fly More Combo. For me to able to check if the said charging brick is included on the package. Please keep us updated for me to assists you further. Thank you.

Same issue here. I bought combo pack at Thailand, plugged all 3 batteries into charger, 2 batteries charged normally and are showing 4 lights constantly lit, and middle battery has only 2 lights just blinking. then pause,,then blinking (altogether).
2019-11-25
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

This is my 'go-to' charger for everything. It 'Fast' charges up to four devices with a total output of 56 Watts. There are three USB outlets and one USB 'C' outlet. So, providing you have the leads, you can fast charge the Mini, the controller, your phone AND the battery bank all at once. It's a great product if you can get it in your country:

https://www.imuto.com/index.php? ... oduct&product_id=69

Amazon US, here:

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Delivery-MacBook-Nintendo-Samsung/dp/B07VZ3LFPN/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=imuto+4-Port+52W+USB+Wall+Charger&qid=1574704888&sr=8-3

2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_PLbzWyhgOY1j Posted at 11-25 09:10
Same issue here. I bought combo pack at Thailand, plugged all 3 batteries into charger, 2 batteries charged normally and are showing 4 lights constantly lit, and middle battery has only 2 lights just blinking. then pause,,then blinking (altogether).

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. For the battery that only shows two lights. To isolate the issue please try to charge the said battery while it is inserted in the drone. In addition are you able to post a short video of the said issue for us to check further. Please keep us posted and thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-26
Use props
Dianelos
New
Greece

Same issue here.  I have bought the simple (not combo) version in Greece, and the battery refused to charge beyond two lights even after several hours of charging. After reading this thread I took out the battery for a few seconds, tried different bricks, was careful to use the included USB cable - and now I see the three lights on, so I suppose everything will be all right. But I think this is a a design problem, or at least a documentation problem.
2019-11-27
Use props
djiuser_PLbzWyhgOY1j
lvl.3
Thailand

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-26 11:46
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. For the battery that only shows two lights. To isolate the issue please try to charge the said battery while it is inserted in the drone. In addition are you able to post a short video of the said issue for us to check further. Please keep us posted and thank you for your understanding.

I got it fixed by charging it in the big charger that can charge 3 batteries at once, but I charged only that battery without the other 2 batteries.

what didn't work,
-charging all 3 batteries together in big charger,
-charging the battery in question in the drone.
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_PLbzWyhgOY1j Posted at 11-27 07:31
I got it fixed by charging it in the big charger that can charge 3 batteries at once, but I charged only that battery without the other 2 batteries.

what didn't work,

Thank you for the update. I am happy to know that your battery is working properly. If you have additional concern or inquiry feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-27
Use props
StormEc
New

Ecuador

Anyone know what 4 flashing lights 3x in a row means ?

Brand new flymore batteries, only 2 would charge, third one in both the drone & battery charger flash the above code. I looked at the flash codes provided and under battery issues they only show single lights flashing in specific error code combos ...
2019-12-1
Use props
LLTHB
New

South Africa

Hi to all.

Same problem as all above.

No charger supplied with unit, just a cable.

Have tried apple charger, samsung charger, brick charger. Tried on 1.2 and 2.4

Just get 2 blinking lights, not taking a charge. Thank you.
2019-12-6
Use props
LLTHB
New

South Africa

Hi to all, New member.

Exactly the same problem as outlined in all the posts above.

No charger supplied.

Have tried Apple charger, Samsung charger, brick charger, tried 1.2A and 2.4.

All i get is two flashing lights. Battery is not charging.
2019-12-6
Use props
djiuser_uGxu9kw1TYbm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2129 ft
Serbia

Same problem didn't got charger brick in my standard mini Mavic box(non fly more) tried two charging bricks and noting,just two lights blink after hours....
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_PLbzWyhgOY1j
lvl.3
Thailand

djiuser_uGxu9kw1TYbm Posted at 12-7 03:09
Same problem didn't got charger brick in my standard mini Mavic box(non fly more) tried two charging bricks and noting,just two lights blink after hours....

Put only one battery inside the smart charger and try using the other cable (you got 2 of the same ones) That fixxed it for me.
2019-12-7
Use props
LLTHB
New

South Africa

Amazing how you can say so clearly we dont have the smart charger but still you get told to use it.

Solved my problem by doing a battery firmware update. Once that was done, all charged normally.

Good luck.
2019-12-7
Use props
Jose Martinez2
New

United States

How did you update it with out having the battery cheged. its asking me to have the drone at least up to 30 percent battery in order to update the battery firmware
2019-12-7
Use props
Jose Martinez2
New

United States

LLTHB Posted at 12-7 04:58
Amazing how you can say so clearly we dont have the smart charger but still you get told to use it.

Solved my problem by doing a battery firmware update. Once that was done, all charged normally.

How did you update the firmware with the battery lower then 30 percent
2019-12-7
Use props
LeslieV
New

Hungary

Hello All,
I've same problem. Didn't get charger so tried two different charging bricks (5V,2A) and after 10 hours, its still not fully charged, 3rd LED is blinking.
Upgraded the drone firmware to the latest version, but it didn't help either. Tried with different cables, no luck so far.
Any idea?
2019-12-14
Use props
djiuser_TaaA2mV8vV13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34528 ft

United States

One thing I always check for when charging anything is whether the charger is getting warm.   It seems to always get warm when charging.  If cold - Not Charging
2019-12-15
Use props
LeslieV
New

Netherlands

The charger is getting warm - at least in my case.
2019-12-17
Use props
fans7df02dd5
lvl.1

United States

buy a spark wall charger its 5 9 12 volts.. i plugged my mini in and it went from 5 volts to 12 volts at 1.5 amps charging aka quick charging see at 5 volts your mini lights will be slow moving with the spark chargter which is a glorified  qc3.0 charger with dji logo slapped on it.. it works just fine...

i used a usb amp meter to confirm volts.. see on the mini it has s tep up and down converter... built in... so it will take 5 volts 9 volts and 12.. with the dji wall adapter from spark it detect that and uses 12 volts

see you have 8.4 volt pack at 5 volts even at 3 amps with a qc charger it wont give you fast charging its loosing power because it has to up convert it down converting takes hardly any power

so just buy a spark adaptor.. youll see the lights go slow at first then speed up ..  also soon there will be after market multi chargers availible..

and im workinig my own charger that will do 2 batts at one time i may offer it for sale in the future what i think what happened with yours is either your bms on the batt failed or the converter on the spark did if you feel you dont wanna use a spark adaptor use a samsung charger 2 amps or 1 amp wall charger dont use a cheap one use a phone one liek a apple ipad wall charger etc they are 18 watts also the mini can take 23 watts max... but i think thats a over reach by dji 18 is 5 volts at 3 amps.. i was shocked when i saw the fast charge feature uses 12 volts in at 1.5 amps 1.5 is half of 3.. so i was like how is that fast charging but it is the more voltave the faster it goes in and the less it has to step up the voltage and belive me its fast like under an hour where before its like1.5 hours now the last bar takes longer as it tops up dont pull it off the charger just let it go
2019-12-20
Use props
fans7df02dd5
lvl.1

United States

LeslieV Posted at 12-14 14:01
Hello All,
I've same problem. Didn't get charger so tried two different charging bricks (5V,2A) and after 10 hours, its still not fully charged, 3rd LED is blinking.
Upgraded the drone firmware to the latest version, but it didn't help either. Tried with different cables, no luck so far.

try another battery.. if it does the same thing its the mini main control board send it in for warranty btw warranty sucks on these main board is 6 months the frrame 6 months etc.. the only thing thats a year i think is the case around it dji really wants that care package i wish i bought mine and i hope they offer like they did the spark it later down the line i think the spark you had to fly no more than this many miles etc etc...
2019-12-20
Use props
djiuser_e1gBpkQjA6Aj
lvl.1

India

I got my mavic mini today and when I tried to charge it all four lights blinks at the same time and the drone never turn on. Whats could be the issue
4 flashing lights 3x in a roww
2019-12-24
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177697 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_e1gBpkQjA6Aj Posted at 12-24 07:41
I got my mavic mini today and when I tried to charge it all four lights blinks at the same time and the drone never turn on. Whats could be the issue
4 flashing lights 3x in a roww

The first time you press shows the charge in your drone, if you press again then the Drone will switch on.
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_L5cOW4bfmskM
New
United Kingdom

swiftwindwalker Posted at 12-24 10:46
The first time you press shows the charge in your drone, if you press again then the Drone will switch on.

No this is another issue entirely where the four leds flash three times, not the two dots described in earlier replies. I've had this issue with one of my batteries and have to send it back because nothing works to get the battery to start charging.

I have a video of it, but cannot post a link to it I'm afraid.
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_fAwuRsgPx9Fw
New

United States

Hey I got my DJI mavic mini today and I’m having charging issues as well as turning on and off.  I’m pretty good with technology and this has got me stumped.  Do i have a bad drone ?
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_1u59eM19LHLI
New
United States

Can anyone tell me why my mavic mini has been charging for over 2 hours but will only charge to the second bar
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_1u59eM19LHLI
New
United States

djiuser_fAwuRsgPx9Fw Posted at 12-25 14:54
Hey I got my DJI mavic mini today and I’m having charging issues as well as turning on and off.  I’m pretty good with technology and this has got me stumped.  Do i have a bad drone ?

Im having charging issues aswell, it only charges up to the second dot for me. If you wanna turn off the drone or controller though, click the power button, and then hold the power button.
2019-12-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules