Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_fAwuRsgPx9Fw Posted at 12-25 14:54
Hey I got my DJI mavic mini today and I’m having charging issues as well as turning on and off.  I’m pretty good with technology and this has got me stumped.  Do i have a bad drone ?

To turn on/off,

Slow double click and hold the on button on until the lights cycle to the right  for "on" and vice versa for "off"
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_1u59eM19LHLI Posted at 12-25 15:15
Can anyone tell me why my mavic mini has been charging for over 2 hours but will only charge to the second bar

It takes awhile, you also might needs a more powerful charger, 18 watts is recommended by DJI
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_VmmD8VFKssaY
New
Flight distance : 20499 ft
United Kingdom

I have just got my flymore combo the first 2 batteries charged with no issues, however the third battery won't charge. If I try to charge it in the hub all 4 lights flash 3 times pause then flash again, if I try it in the drone I get the same flashing but with only number 4 led flashing.  

I am using the DJI power supply and lead
2019-12-28
Use props
Carlos Chaos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173294 ft
  • >>>
United States

What a FARCE!  Just bought the Mavic Mini (non-fly more) - I cannot get the drone to charge, even using my 2 amp charger.   I'm seeing that others are having the same issue.  Common...  DJI how do you feel it is acceptable to provide the drone with just a cable and no way to charge it with USB chargers that have charged everything I've ever owned without an issue?  What do I have to go get and do to fly my mini, or do I just return it and be done with it?
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_VmmD8VFKssaY Posted at 12-28 06:38
I have just got my flymore combo the first 2 batteries charged with no issues, however the third battery won't charge. If I try to charge it in the hub all 4 lights flash 3 times pause then flash again, if I try it in the drone I get the same flashing but with only number 4 led flashing.  

I am using the DJI power supply and lead

Did you do the firmware upgrade to 0.300 using the faulty battery ?

The upgrade may have caused it to go bad

2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Carlos Chaos Posted at 12-28 15:03
What a FARCE!  Just bought the Mavic Mini (non-fly more) - I cannot get the drone to charge, even using my 2 amp charger.   I'm seeing that others are having the same issue.  Common...  DJI how do you feel it is acceptable to provide the drone with just a cable and no way to charge it with USB chargers that have charged everything I've ever owned without an issue?  What do I have to go get and do to fly my mini, or do I just return it and be done with it?

Have you tried charging it from your Mavic Pro power brick, this has two usb charging ports on it.

This is what I used to recharge the MM batteries from hibernation, now they seem to charge using any normal charger

2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_VmmD8VFKssaY
New
Flight distance : 20499 ft
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 12-28 15:30

I couldn't even get the battery to power up enough to check firmware setting, when checking battery power in both the hub and the mini it doesnt even register 1 light.
2019-12-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_VmmD8VFKssaY Posted at 12-29 15:10
I couldn't even get the battery to power up enough to check firmware setting, when checking battery power in both the hub and the mini it doesnt even register 1 light.

If you have left it on charge for a while, even if the lights are not responding it should be charging

I'd try and connect it to the PC and DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic program and try the AC firmware refresh for the current version your on. Sometimes this can reset the smart battery firmware. Remember to power on the MM to get it to connect to the PC

If can't connect then I afraid you need to get a warranty claim on it
2019-12-29
Use props
gamherobmw
New
United States

I got my mavic mini combo yesterday.  One of the two usb cables was bad right out of the box.  I would try another cable.  I am also using the dji charging cube.  I think they need a rapid chager that is 5 volts with a minimum of 2 amps.
2020-1-4
Use props
Mavic_Marine
lvl.1
United States

I just received my Mavic Mini today (Just comes with cable and no brick). I can not charge mine past 2 blinking lights. I have tried so many different power brinks with the cable provided. I'm sorry but this is ridiculous after buying a $400 item that I need a particular charging solution that wasn't provided. They should provide a power brick if that's what it needs to work. I'm about to send this back and to where I bought it... Sad too because I was really excited about this. I guess QA must not be a thing for DJI.
2020-1-4
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Mavic_Marine Posted at 1-4 20:56
I just received my Mavic Mini today (Just comes with cable and no brick). I can not charge mine past 2 blinking lights. I have tried so many different power brinks with the cable provided. I'm sorry but this is ridiculous after buying a $400 item that I need a particular charging solution that wasn't provided. They should provide a power brick if that's what it needs to work. I'm about to send this back and to where I bought it... Sad too because I was really excited about this. I guess QA must not be a thing for DJI.

You need a charger with a fair bit of wattage, DJI recommend 18 watts of power.

Most phone chargers are only 5 - 6 watts

2020-1-4
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

I read the comments and it's just hell!
The charger does not regulate the charge!
The charge process is controlled by a controller that is in the battery!
What is written on the charger is what it can give if asked, not what it will always give!
If the battery controller asks for a lot of power, and the charger can not give it, then there is either a very slow charging or no charging at all.
The minimum requirements for the charger are described in the user manual from DJI, so choose at least the same or superior power output.
Also not unimportant role is played by the cable used for the charge, the more it can transmit, the less loss in voltage, and therefore in the charge current on it. Now for microUSB cable pass a maximum of 3A, such and need to buy and use, as close as possible to them is the cable for charging from phones or tablets of well-known manufacturers.
Chargers should not be very warm, strong heating indicates an excess of the output power relative to the calculated or poor circuitry in the form of a real output power that is lower than the declared or the lack of protective mechanisms for short-circuit or overload, as well as a low efficiency of the device, and in consequence of which it indicates that the quality of the device is low!
Always choose the power of the charger with a reserve!

Here are a couple hassle-free work for me.
BlitzWolf BW-PL2 30 Вт
Baseus 65W

PS And about employees DJI which on forum, they unfortunately not engineers, and respond us only template messages, maximum, that they can ask have engineers and broadcast their the answer.

2020-1-4
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

This is the DJI USB power cube that came with my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo kit.

Note the ratings.

This is NOT just a 5V supply.  It also has the 9V and 12V capabilities.

That is what is often called Qualcomm QC3 (quick charge 3).

Note the model name:  QC18

What I've found is that to properly charge the DJI items, you need to use a USB power cube with the QC3 capabilities.

I bought a three-pack of QC3 power cubes from Amazon for something like 14 dollars.  They work fine powering the drone to charge a battery in it, to power the triple battery charger, and to charge the remote control.

I tried a 5V-Only charger, and it seemed to either not charge at all, or charge slowly.

I highly recommend you all use a charger with the same characteristics as the one DJI supplies with their Fly More kit.  And that means a Quick Charge 3 compliant power cube.  If your cube doesn't have the 9 and 12V output capability, it's NOT QC3 compliant.

Here are the ones I got that work just fine:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d ... op_mob_b_asin_title

2020-1-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

c'mon folks, lol.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_L5cOW4bfmskM
New
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2019-12-28 15:30

Tried it but because the faulty battery cannot hold charge, it cannot implement the update. The battery needs to be over a certain percentage to update the firmware.
2020-1-6
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the charger I use at home. It has two QC 3 ports and works for charging mini batteries very well rc in one point and charging hub in the other. Each are independent of each other as is the other four 2.4 amp ports. 6 ports and a total of 60 Watts, not bad.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B ... op_mob_b_asin_title
2020-1-6
Use props
Rothko
New

United Kingdom

It’s simple. Load the battery, turn on the app, connect. The battery has firmware that needs updating
2020-1-9
Use props
fans2c37abe5
lvl.1

United States

Rothko Posted at 1-9 03:10
It’s simple. Load the battery, turn on the app, connect. The battery has firmware that needs updating

Well this is certainly a pain in the butt! My Mini Fly More package arrived. Instruction book is a joke. I have had my 3 batteries charging for 2 hours now. When first started the 3 block batteries charging the first one shad to leds blinking, no lights on the other 2 batteries. After an hour the first battery has 4 lights flashing in a sequence. Sounds as if that one is charged. The other 2 appear to be doing noting. I’m using everything DJI provided in the Mini Fly more package.  With such an issue people are having I am wondering how to work with this. I bought direct from DJI China.  Is there such a thing as quality control?  I honestly think I’ve made a $538 mistake!  My Phantom 4 was awesome but for the money I had into it I was afraid to fly it. Sold it . Try this as it’s more affordable but a real pain. Looks like it’s going back. Waste of time and money. I see that the same response from DJI says nothing to help.
2020-1-9
Use props
Mavic_Marine
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 1-4 22:04
You need a charger with a fair bit of wattage, DJI recommend 18 watts of power.

Most phone chargers are only 5 - 6 watts

That's the thing with this, I shouldn't have to buy another charger that the unit doesn't come with. Even the people who have the charger it ships with are having issues. Already sent mine back because it was just an expensive paper weight.
2020-1-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am charging my Mini drone with a 5v 1 amp charger and it has been working fine. At least it says "1 amp" on the label, but who knows for sure.
2020-1-11
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-11 14:40
I am charging my Mini drone with a 5v 1 amp charger and it has been working fine. At least it says "1 amp" on the label, but who knows for sure.

Any idea what the wattage is ?

Any Qualcomm 3.0 compatible charger will work

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Pow ... %2Caps%2C423&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728H ... 3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

2020-1-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 1-11 14:55
Any idea what the wattage is ?

Any Qualcomm 3.0 compatible charger will work

The wattage is 5 Watts, gotten by multiplying 5v times 1 amp.
2020-1-12
Use props
kerrylaw
lvl.2

United States

Carlos Chaos Posted at 2019-12-28 15:03

My "fly more charger" says "Output: 5v @ 3A" , "9v @ 2A"  and "12v @ 1.5A".    The charger isn't special,  ya need to find a charger that can output 5v @ 3Amps.   If the charger you have, isn't able to output 5v @ 3A, then the batteries might not play well with it.
2020-1-13
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

PLEASE

Read the whole thread.

The charger that DJI supplies with the Fly More Combo is a QC3 type charger.  This is what you really need to get the fastest charging speeds.  Please see my post above.

The DJI devices use the 12Volt output from a QC3 charger.  This has been clearly established by another member here who even posted a video showing the readings on a USB analyzer as he charged a battery in the DJI triple charger.

USB is a very sophisiticated system.  There's a lot more going on when you plug in a USB device than most of us care to know!

I designed a couple of gadgets to plug into USB to do data acquisition.  At first, I figured I'd just design my own USB interface and implement that on our PC boards.  After I looked into it, my head hurt, and I just weenied out and we went with one of the commercially-available already-built USB interface ICs.  Cheap, work like a champ, etc.  But the point is that unless you've got a month or two to spend reading the specifications and really enjoy pain, there's no need to fully understand how USB actually works.

Then we get into the many different charging modes that have arisen.  That's another subject for serious head scratching!

When you first connect a USB device to a charger, the USB device does some "negotiation" with the charger and requests the voltage it wants.  All USB chargers start out with 5V.  That gets things going.  But if the device being charged can use a faster method, then it requests that.  A simple way to look at it is this:  If you use a 5V-Only charger, the DJI gadgets will not get the voltage they ask for and want.  It doesn't matter how much current at 5V the charger can supply, it won't work as well as if you have a proper QC3 charger.  They want the 12V that a QC3 charger can supply.

It's a shame that DJI doesn't provide a charger with the basic Mini kit.  I think that's a big marketing mistake because everyone has various USB chargers, so naturally, they'll just plug into one of the ones they already have.  If you have a fancy phone that came with a QC3 charger, so you already have one of that type, then you might be in luck.  But if you have only the old-fashioned 5V types, then you will wonder why your system won't charge properly and probably think you got a bad battery or charger or drone.

If DJI had just included a 50 cent charger (their cost), they'd have saved themselves from potentially thousands of returned Mini kits, endless phone calls, emails, etc., and saved themselves a ton of money and reputational damage in the long run.  But hey.  That's just my opinion.

Anyhow:  Look at my post above, and get a proper QC3 charger, and you should be good to go.

2020-1-13
Use props
fans85f7c0e3
New
United States

fans7ee4dffa Posted at 2019-11-14 13:21
Hey, thanks to all of you for your replies.  No, I was not using the supplied charger as I have chargers in every room of the house.  I seem to have resolved the issue. I had the drone on my best USB charger - a Leviton wall outlet w/ USB - but after five hours with no change to the charge level, I moved it to my phone charger, and charging then proceeded normally.  This seems odd; is there a USB voltage requirement I'm not aware of?  I will move to using the supplied charger from here on.

I’m having the same issues. I plug up the drone by itself to the supplied charger and it won’t go past 2 lights. It was on there all night. What do I do?
2020-1-16
Use props
Mavic_Marine
lvl.1
United States

I sent back my plain mini to get the Mavic fly more combo lol. Wow, what a joke this little drone has become. I plugged it up and started to update the software with immediate fails. "camera malfunctions" like crazy with the camera itself is fluttering everywhere. Error codes: 10001, 180016, 180031, 180030, 40021,10016, 40004. The support guy from DJI told me to calibrate my camera. As I am asking him how to do that he said, "We received our engineers feedback and it seems that you need to return the unit." Hopefully I get my money back from Amazon. I'm done with this piece of junk drone.
2020-1-17
Use props
Edvinas Stankus
New

Norway

Hi I have a question I buy the DJI mavic mini But I have problem because when I get the battery charging the one battery is blinking three times and the and look in the picture because I don’t know what need to do didn I need buy the new Battery.
2020-1-26
Use props
Jake Mulhern
New

United Kingdom

Mine had the same issue and I was only issued a white micro usb cable and no charger plug. I was trying to charge the drone using a Samsung fast charger. It never went above 2 white dots.
I then removed the cable, removed the battery, put the battery back in and also moved it to a standard usb charger (not fast charger). After 10 mins started charging correctly. Thanks for the tip
2020-2-14
Use props
Rhodiebert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39741 ft
Germany

kerrylaw Posted at 1-13 00:42
My "fly more charger" says "Output: 5v @ 3A" , "9v @ 2A"  and "12v @ 1.5A".    The charger isn't special,  ya need to find a charger that can output 5v @ 3Amps.   If the charger you have, isn't able to output 5v @ 3A, then the batteries might not play well with it.

From the beginning I have always been charging my one and only battery in the drone with an 8 year old 5V 1,5A Sony charger. No issues so far.  
2020-2-14
Use props
Alan77505
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6240495 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-11-15 12:20
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused you before and thank you for giving us an update. It is great to know that the issue has been solved by using the charger that was provided. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with your DJI Mavic Mini or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.

I'm charging all of my batteries while in the drone.  2 charge fine and one won't get past 2 bars.  HOw do I get a battery replacement?
2020-2-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alan77505 Posted at 2-14 10:04
I'm charging all of my batteries while in the drone.  2 charge fine and one won't get past 2 bars.  HOw do I get a battery replacement?

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having troubles with your DJI Mavic Mini's Intelligent flight battery. Kindly please try to discharge the said battery until it reaches 5% and try to charge it once again. If the issue still persists. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-2-18
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

To be fair when I am around I charge my unused batteries slowly but steadily inside the Two-Way Charging Hub with a generic 2A USB power bank. It works a treat and fully charges them.

With the 3 battery set that usually gives me a usable charged 4th battery by the time I'm done with the last of the 3.
2020-2-18
Use props
Alan77505
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6240495 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-18 09:24
Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having troubles with your DJI Mavic Mini's Intelligent flight battery. Kindly please try to discharge the said battery until it reaches 5% and try to charge it once again. If the issue still persists. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team for further assistance. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

Thank you, that worked.
2020-2-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alan77505 Posted at 2-19 12:07
Thank you, that worked.

You are more than welcome. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you and safe flying.
2020-2-19
Use props
djiuser_8MbC0uBxmBY6
New

United States

Just got the mini yesterday. One battery out of the box dosent charge (at all) like the rest of them. The lights on the charger are slow flashing on this one battery only. I pulled it out of the charger and put it back in a new slot. It showed that it was charging. Now this morning I'm making sure I have battery for flights I plan today. Plug battery charger into the wall tha same battery is flashing slow but now it has all four lights showing what is going on?
2020-2-29
Use props
fansb6544515
lvl.1

United States

I had the fly more combo.  I was not able to charge one of the 3 batteries same problem as others 2 dot light up and it would charge no more.  This was insufficient to update the firmware of the battery through the DJI app.  What I was able to do to get around this problem was.....

1.  I took the provided charging chord and instead of charging with plug.  I removed the USB A end and plugged it into my computers USB 2.0 charging port IDK if USB 3.x will work or not but I don't see why not.
2.  I place the battery having the problem in the drone itself. I already had the DJI  assistant app installed on my PC.  I did have some charge on the battery so if you don't you may have to let it charge a little while.
3.  I launched the DJI 2 assistant app
4.  I powered up the drone with the little bit of charge it (you may have to let the battery charge some if the battery is totally dead) had and plugged it into the app.  I had previously installed the latest firmware update and the system said I was up to date.  I ignored it and reinstalled the firmware again (with the bad battery inside).  The successful firmware update turns off the drone automatically but it will continue to charge via the usb connection.  I left mine on for about a half hour at which point I disconnected and connected it to the remote and my phone.  It no longer said battery firmware needed to be updated.  The percentage charge was 72% (way past the point it was able to charge to before)  in my case I then disconnected and removed the battery and placed it in the fly more 3 battery charger , if you don't have that I suspect you will be able to plug it into the power supply but I can't confirm that.  Worst case scenario leave it charging on the USB.  

I hope this helps anyone having a similar problem.
2020-3-2
Use props
fansb6544515
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_8MbC0uBxmBY6 Posted at 2-29 04:24
Just got the mini yesterday. One battery out of the box dosent charge (at all) like the rest of them. The lights on the charger are slow flashing on this one battery only. I pulled it out of the charger and put it back in a new slot. It showed that it was charging. Now this morning I'm making sure I have battery for flights I plan today. Plug battery charger into the wall tha same battery is flashing slow but now it has all four lights showing what is going on?

Give this a try.  I posted it to the forum as well but it might be the solution to your problem.  I am replying to you specifically since you have posted recently and may still have the battery in your possesion.

I had the fly more combo.  I was not able to charge one of the 3 batteries same problem as others 2 dot light up and it would charge no more.  This was insufficient to update the firmware of the battery through the DJI app.  What I was able to do to get around this problem was.....

1.  I took the provided charging chord and instead of charging with plug.  I removed the USB A end and plugged it into my computers USB 2.0 charging port IDK if USB 3.x will work or not but I don't see why not.
2.  I place the battery having the problem in the drone itself. I already had the DJI  assistant app installed on my PC.  I did have some charge on the battery so if you don't you may have to let it charge a little while.
3.  I launched the DJI 2 assistant app
4.  I powered up the drone with the little bit of charge it (you may have to let the battery charge some if the battery is totally dead) had and plugged it into the app.  I had previously installed the latest firmware update and the system said I was up to date.  I ignored it and reinstalled the firmware again (with the bad battery inside).  The successful firmware update turns off the drone automatically but it will continue to charge via the usb connection.  I left mine on for about a half hour at which point I disconnected and connected it to the remote and my phone.  It no longer said battery firmware needed to be updated.  The percentage charge was 72% (way past the point it was able to charge to before)  in my case I then disconnected and removed the battery and placed it in the fly more 3 battery charger , if you don't have that I suspect you will be able to plug it into the power supply but I can't confirm that.  Worst case scenario leave it charging on the USB.  

I hope this helps anyone having a similar problem.
2020-3-2
Use props
Jflood311
lvl.1
United States

I just ordered 3 of the intelligent flight batteries that recently became available on the DJI site.
NOT ONE OF THEM CHARGES!
there is not even 1 light showing on the indicator light.
2020-3-13
Use props
Jflood311
lvl.1
United States

Jflood311 Posted at 3-13 11:08
I just ordered 3 of the intelligent flight batteries that recently became available on the DJI site.
NOT ONE OF THEM CHARGES!
there is not even 1 light showing on the indicator light.

now the DJI support chat person is telling me to send them in for repair and wait for them to be assessed before i get the 3 replacements of BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED I've waited months to be able to order.

Be careful on ordering the Mavic Mini Intelligent flight batteries on the DJI site. 3 of them I received are duds with zero charge.
2020-3-13
Use props
djiuser_Bm7XSyUP1e1N
New

United States

I just got a couple of minis and one controller has been acting up. It stops charging after the 3rd light stops blinking and becomes solid, the 4th light never starts blinking. Im using the proper cable and base that was included in the fly more kit. HELP

Thanks!!
15878493028095578897313951415784.jpg
2020-4-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules