DJI Fly app not compatible
104095 282 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_23LpsPoYaW4p
New

Czechia

I bought Mavic mini yesterday and i cannot use it. I have Xiaomi Redmi 6 phone and the app is not possible to install! The phone is new and i really dont want to buy a new one!!! What should I do? Please release 32 bit version of the app !!!
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_23LpsPoYaW4p
New

Czechia

I bought Mavic mini yesterday and i cannot use it. I have Xiaomi Redmi 6 phone and the app is not possible to install! The phone is new and i really dont want to buy a new one!!! What should I do? Please release 32 bit version of the app !!!
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_rSwTH7T0t5VS
New

Poland

Does new DJI Fly app works with oneplus 6? It's not listed as compatible device, even though OP6T and OP5 are on the list. OP6T is  basically the same.
2019-11-24
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

I like to add my frustration with the new app.
It will not finish installation on Samsung SM-T380 (Android 9) 8" tablet
The Go4 app was working perfect with the Spark.
Tried even to reset the tablet to factory and same problem  
2019-11-24
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

Tim Twerp Posted at 11-23 09:35
Really?  You Buy a $500 toy drone and  still have a cheap android phone?  Yes, third party apps will catch the wave and be available, but invest a little in a new or second phone for your drones!  Do you still use 32 bit for your computers?  if you want your equipment to support the future, expect the software to be current and up-gradable... not down gradable.  Go ahead and hate this message, but buy a $500 dollar toy drone and then complain that they expect you to have current technology in your phone... return it and get your money back.  Buy a tello.

Seriously? Unbelievable ....
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_s2H4LN64ALq7
lvl.1

United States

lojzik Posted at 11-24 00:06
DJI should provide better information about it.  DJI should update product specs ASAP, because there is only "iOS v10.0 or later Android v6.0 or later", nothing about 64bit requirement.  DJI should provide official information whether the 32bit version will be (with ETA) or not.

They have replied that they have no plans to re release 32 bit
2019-11-24
Use props
highflydji
lvl.3
Poland

johnnysnet Posted at 11-23 12:25
Hello yours! I'm a Moto G5S user who got one of the last available combos in stock from some german online shop on 12th of Nov. Till today I even didn't open my package because of the app dilemma while thinking about reselling it. But now there's new hope since I knew to need a 64 bit OS at first. I decided to flash a custom ROM, one from the PixelExperience project, and yes... I was able to install and start the app. Seems to run good so far. When I find the time to repare everything for a first test flight, I let you know in case everything really works.

And what's the result?
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Merlin1951 Posted at 11-22 19:27
The thing that really sucks about this whole DJI Fly app fiasco is I've checked every "compatible" model on the list and my service provider doesn't support any of them except the Samsung S10 models which run from $450 - $700! As for the rest of the models - half of them I've never even heard of. I guess I'll have to cancel my order since I'm not going to pay $500 for a combo package just to find out I can't fly farther than my own back yard.

DJI, you really need to get your act together.

I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. I understand that you need to use your ZTE Max Pro for the DJI Mavic Mini. As of the moment the said mobile device is not yet tested to work for the said drone. In addition, rest assured that I will again forward this concern to our DJI designated team for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for understanding.
2019-11-25
Use props
lojzik
lvl.2

Czechia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-25 08:14
I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. I understand that you need to use your ZTE Max Pro for the DJI Mavic Mini. As of the moment the said mobile device is not yet tested to work for the said drone. In addition, rest assured that I will again forward this concern to our DJI designated team for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for understanding.

tell DJI team to do a 32bit version, you may solve most problems.
2019-11-25
Use props
RCurz
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_s2H4LN64ALq7 Posted at 11-24 06:16
They have replied that they have no plans to re release 32 bit

Exactly.  I have also been caught out and now am stuck
2019-11-25
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

What about Xiaomi redmi note 7? Is it compatible with Fly app? It has a 64 bit CPU but nowhere can be found if it runs a 64 Android release and if there are no conflits with the app.

Tks
2019-11-26
Use props
Steve Dionysus
New

Italy

Hi guys, I have p10 pro android 9.0. Anyone have mavic mini's experience with this smarphone?

Thx in advance
2019-11-26
Use props
johnnysnet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26260 ft
Germany

Good news for all Motorola users: if you're willing to get a custom firmware for your phone which is a 64 bit system, you'll be probably able to fly your drone without spending money for another phone. I did my first indoor flight yesterday with success, works pretty good. I recommend the xda developers forum as a place to go to get a 64 bit system. Can give hints about my configuration. Mavic Mini and Motorola g5s definitely works.
2019-11-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

johnnysnet Posted at 11-26 08:01
Good news for all Motorola users: if you're willing to get a custom firmware for your phone which is a 64 bit system, you'll be probably able to fly your drone without spending money for another phone. I did my first indoor flight yesterday with success, works pretty good. I recommend the xda developers forum as a place to go to get a 64 bit system. Can give hints about my configuration. Mavic Mini and Motorola g5s definitely works.

Interesting, thanks to post the info.
2019-11-26
Use props
apetithan
lvl.1

Belgium

Hello,
i'm newhere....
When I'm signed in to my Google Account, my two devices Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite and Nokia 6.1 appear to be compatible with DJI Fly.
The application installs correctly and seems operational. But not having the Mavic Mini yet I do not know if the app will be fully functional. My question :
will the mavic mini drone work with one of these devices?
Thanks for any advice!
2019-11-26
Use props
mikelaw
lvl.2

United States

lojzik Posted at 11-24 00:06
DJI should provide better information about it.  DJI should update product specs ASAP, because there is only "iOS v10.0 or later Android v6.0 or later", nothing about 64bit requirement.  DJI should provide official information whether the 32bit version will be (with ETA) or not.

Not just 64  bit.  Only "certain models" of 64 bit Android phones would work.
2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

lojzik Posted at 11-25 09:19
tell DJI team to do a 32bit version, you may solve most problems.

Hi. Thank you for your insight. We have already cascaded this concern to our designated DJI support team.  For news and updates regarding the DJI Mavic Mini and DJI please visit our website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-26
Use props
Edelw
New

Russia

Galaxy note 4 doesnt work, but redmi note 4 work perfectly/ Im sry? but WTF DJI?
2019-11-27
Use props
djiuser_YnYIG4H1s6hi
lvl.1

Russia

I have galaxy note 4 too.
Make upgrade of my galaxy s5 to android 8. Do not work.

Don't want to spend one more day upgrading note 4 to see that it still not works...

DJI! It's a bad joke! Not only you making drones. Don't let people remember it!!!
2019-11-27
Use props
radekne
lvl.1

Poland

I had Mavic Mini FMC in my hands. I gave it back to the store. The application is not working.
2019-11-27
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

Ah f*** it - I have ordered Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 for 190$  (someone said elsewhere on the forum, that it worked flawlessly - but I'll see tommorow) - It is hardly an upgrade from my current phone (probably only 0,2GHz per core and better LCD with gorilla glass 5?), but more importantly It should have 64BIT ANDROID!

Other options were to get used iPhone or other used flagship (officially supported) phones, for the same price (or more than 200$), with questionable reliability (a chance of getting ripped off buying used goods)

Just see how ridiculous is your move to provide ONLY 64bit version of app DJI devs? The new device will have 99% same specs as my current phone! (TBH the Note 7 does looks really nice, so it seems like a good value, but objecitvely a total waste for me, that I did so)

"2 weeks later (after a "return without a reason" period) - 32bit version released" - that would be just hysterical.
(It's not that I could not afford more expensive phone - I simply refuse to spend more than 250$ on a phone in general - ever!)
2019-11-27
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So as a authorised dealer my brother has had sixty per cent of the initial alloted Mini Combo returned because of the APP issues and has put these up for resale and to be fair he has pretty much managed to resell most to various people around the world. In his words  " bleep, bleep, bleep and many more expletives "  but the worst part of it is the abuse he took from customers who like many of you had ordered the drone many weeks before any APP info was released and treated him like this was all his fault. DJI I hope your proud and your unbelievable lack of response or care really shows you for who you really are. You really seem to have gone into this with little or no knowledge of Mobile phones and definately no care for taking care of customers.  You seem to have the main You tube reviewers wrapped up as well because none of them are willing to confront the issues for fear of their next freebie. Kinda tells us where we are at I think and probably cost my brother a lot of future business if the foul mouth rants he recieved were anything to go by. Cheers DJI.
2019-11-27
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

HeirFlick Posted at 11-27 11:59
So as a authorised dealer my brother has had sixty per cent of the initial alloted Mini Combo returned because of the APP issues and has put these up for resale and to be fair he has pretty much managed to resell most to various people around the world. In his words  " bleep, bleep bleep and many more expletives "  but the worst part of it is the abuse he took from customers who like many of you had ordered the drone many weeks before any APP info was released and treated him like this was all his fault. DJI I hope your proud and your unbelievable lack of response or care really shows you for who you really are. You really seem to have gone into this with little or no knowledge of Mobile phones and definately no care for taking care of customers.  You seem to have the main You tube reviwers wrapped up as well because none of them are willing to confront the issues for fear of their next freebie. Kinda tells us where we are at I think and probably cost my brother a lot of future business if the foul mouth rants he recieved were anything to go by. Cheers DJI.

Youtubers be running around with a 200$ mid-range phones... In a dream...
I pretty much expected that to happen (Although I guessed the number would be ~20% - but that might differ from state to state)
2019-11-27
Use props
djiuser_YnYIG4H1s6hi
lvl.1

Russia

If i need to buy new phone to use cheap(!) drone - i'd prefer to buy used mavic pro for the same 600-700 dollars and receive another class device....
2019-11-27
Use props
Pow_Addict
New
United Kingdom

Anyone got the DJI Fly app installed on a Sony Xperia 10? The app works on the Sony Xperia L3 but not sure if it comparable with the entire Xperia range.  Thanks
2019-11-27
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

I confirm that Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 works with Dnji Fly... Probably cheapest "premium looking" new device for reasonable price (~190$)
2019-11-28
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Italy

Tks Gu5s. You mean the app installed correctly on Note 7, or you also tried to fly the MM with your 7?

Just thinking if buying Note 5 (the officially compatible) or going for the newer 7.

Tks
2019-11-28
Use props
DentargPL
lvl.1
Poland

This is kinda ridiculous. I got 3 Android 6.0+ devices, and this apps works only on my old CAT S60. To be honest it worked, because phone was bricked while I was connecting it to DJI Mini remote.
So now I got 1 Android 9.0 Device - Samsung J6 (brand new) 64bit phone with 32bit Android on it, and Lenovo Tablet with Android 8 (I guess 32bit OS) and my DJI Mavic Mini is grounded.
Do I really need to byu new phone with a price of 1/2 price the drone to be able to fly it? Come one, make this app 32bit and resolve this issue already.

Meantime I've given this app 1star on google PLAY. And I'm posting warning under YT hyped videos, where US youtubers are sporting newest iPhones to fly their budget Mavic Mini, but unfortunately those comments are buried down quite quickly because of the hype. Some people would be dissapointed after watchin all those paid reviews on YT.

I'm planning to record my own YT review about Mavic Mini and problems with the app.
2019-11-28
Use props
cbmbeach
New

United States

There is not much you can do but wait for DJI to update the app to work with 32 bit systems.
2019-11-28
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

emaneg Posted at 11-28 02:58
Tks Gu5s. You mean the app installed correctly on Note 7, or you also tried to fly the MM with your 7?

Just thinking if buying Note 5 (the officially compatible) or going for the newer 7.

Yet to get back from work and try it out, but I don't expect any issues - considering it works even with iPhone SE, that is inferior in every aspect.
2019-11-28
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

cbmbeach Posted at 11-28 05:52
There is not much you can do but wait for DJI to update the app to work with 32 bit systems.
Or wait for (if ever at all) release od an open API for 3rd party apps (Litchi)

My guess Is that they will eventually back on their word And release 32bit version after 1-2 months - when the unsatisfied customers will start to pile up.
2019-11-28
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Italy

Gu5s Posted at 11-28 06:39
Yet to get back from work and try it out, but I don't expect any issues - considering it works even with iPhone SE, that is inferior in every aspect.

Tks. Reading different posts I noticed some users saying that in some cases newer devices are not compatible whereas older are. I think it depends on the way android 64 bit has been compiled for the single device, rather than on the quality of the phone.

Anyway I'll wait you to try flyinf the MM before buying a redmi 7 or 5 (the only one listed on the app compatibilities).
2019-11-28
Use props
DentargPL
lvl.1
Poland

It seems you just need 64bit phone with 64bit android installed on it. Before buying the drone you can check if the app installs on your phone going to: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v5
If you got your phone there available for the install it's half the success. Cause even if it installs as some users reported it can crash.
You can also check is your android is 64bit usuing some play store apps (like AnTuTu Benchmark - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.ABenchMark - tab My Device).
Shame it was not annouced anywhere, when I was buying there was only information that I need Android 6.0+

Guess DJI is busy producing new Mavics Mini, and do not has time to compile this app for 32bit OS. I cannot return mine cause I flew it for few hours until remote bricked my only working phone .

Anyone tested this DJI Fly App with Xaomi Redmi 8 or 8A?
2019-11-28
Use props
DentargPL
lvl.1
Poland

Ohh ... the Mavic Mini page (https://www.dji.com/pl/mavic-mini/specs) still says this:

APP
Name DJI Fly
Required Operating System iOS v10.0 or later Android v6.0 or later
2019-11-28
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

Finally! Colleague showed me today quite a reliable way to find out, which phones run 32 / 64 bit Android OS!
Search Geekbench v4 results....
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4 ... 8=%E2%9C%93&q=Redmi

I found this out after buying Redmi Note 7 (just because of the mavic mini) - luckily for me  - I trusted other fellow here saying, that it works - and it does pretty well - Well now if you are trying to figure out, which Android phone, that's not gonna cost you an arm and a leg, to get? - look for new cheap Android phones and the platform in the geekbench results...

Cheers
2019-11-28
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

emaneg Posted at 11-28 07:44
Tks. Reading different posts I noticed some users saying that in some cases newer devices are not compatible whereas older are. I think it depends on the way android 64 bit has been compiled for the single device, rather than on the quality of the phone.

Anyway I'll wait you to try flyinf the MM before buying a redmi 7 or 5 (the only one listed on the app compatibilities).

Works just fine - got home after dark, so I was scared sh**less, since I could see almost nothing with my eyes and with the drone, so after 5 minutes flying around 50m height ~ 200m distance I returned and landed... No issues on the part of the drone's behaviour nor Redmi Note 7
2019-11-28
Use props
bob67520
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198990 ft
France

the redmi note 7 is ok?
2019-11-29
Use props
fans66f2364e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313136 ft
  • >>>
France

It's absolutely crazy !! I can't believe that today someone is able to sell something with a limitation on some standard devices for every other use, devices that have similar hardware and an operating system that should be a standard!
My nephew got a Mavic Mini as a gift, he uses a p6000 plus, it's a 64bit 4core phone with android 9.0 !! And he can't use it, he can't install the app, what should he do CHANGE PHONE? Did you choose it for the battery, for other reasons, CAN YOU TELL ME IF IT IS WORKING ALSO ON THIS MODEL? and when?
2019-11-30
Use props
ZackAZUSA
New

United States

Does anyone know if phone service is required to use the Fly App with the Mavic Mini? I am one of the many who purchase before DJI released the compatibility list and I have an LG Stylo 4 phone which is incompatible. But I also have an old Samsung Galaxy S7 with a broken screen. I can get the Samsung fixed just for Mavic Mini use, but I don't want to have to pay for phone service. Is just the WIFI feature on the Samsung going to work?

Thanks
Zach
2019-11-30
Use props
DentargPL
lvl.1
Poland

YT videos say you do not need any service or wifi. You need GPS only to fly it. I cannot validate this, cause my phone got 32bit android so no luck for me.
2019-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules