I'm hoping my Huawei P Smart works, according to this list it does
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_o9WH3abJ8tMb
lvl.1

Belgium

PercyJackson Posted at 2019-11-14 06:15
I bought Mavic Mini and can't install Dji-Fly app on my Galaxy Note Edge :/ My android version is 6.0.1 and this cover "Android 6 and later", but when try to install I get "App not installed". May be the reason is that "32bit not compatible"? This is not serious! DJI, please recompile this app for 32bit OS. It no sense to buy drone for $500 and phone for another $500

Buy a huawei. Cheap an compatible
2020-7-4
Use props
fansa3ca2932
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1614416 ft
Russia

gort Posted at 6-28 08:11
I'm hoping my Huawei P Smart works, according to this list it does
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18

Looks like not marked as for Dji Fly.
2020-7-4
Use props
Custo Dec
New

United States

fans8fed3570 Posted at 2019-12-29 22:29
What the ХУЙНЯ ТАКАЯ is going on? When will the update be released?
Tell me the timeline?
DJI must be sued! РАСПИЗДЯИ!

Хуйня полная! Подскажи как установит апп на НОТЕ4,? Он просто не хочет устанавливаться на мой телефон!
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_e3arNfXDRZUy
lvl.1

India

The same issue of app is going on with me...
C'mon dji its not a big deal to make the app compatible with android devices...
In fact other dji apps just works fine and this won't.... now i need to spent extra for buying a new smartphone...
2020-7-19
Use props
djiuser_2QSPB1V5fqqT
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-11-15 12:10
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that the DJI Fly has caused. upon checking Samsung A3 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. The said mobile device may work however we can't guarantee the stability of the said unit since it is not yet tested by DJI. For additional reference I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly#download ) where in we can check the list of the compatible devices for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

[view_image]

go2hell and take your sorry drone with you
2020-8-12
Use props
djiuser_5nFP6GmeQNZM
New
Flight distance : 163005 ft
Greece

Sorry does anyone knows if Samsung A30s is compatible because i am getting a new phone and i want to be sure about the compatibility please if anyone knows answer
2020-8-13
Use props
djiuser_X46NArPdW25p
New

United Kingdom

Wow! I can count myself... Err... Lucky?

I have a pile of cash in front of me to go to the shop tomorrow and buy my first DJI drone. I bought a new phone last month  so thought there would be no problem.  Boy was I wrong!

I'm sorry DJI! You could have had £500 of my UK pounds tomorrow morning,  but since I'm not going to buy two phones in two months, you have cost yourself yet another customer.

Just a ridiculous and very costly business decision! I would have been a new customer.  Now I will never be one!

Thanks for nothing.
2020-8-17
Use props
chechoaccietto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254347 ft
Argentina

I have a mavic mini and a phatom 3 standard, are almost the same.. I can't undertand why you need a 64bits phone to use the app... I think DJi must do something about this.. I have a Moto g4 running with Android 7.0 which I use for my drones, I don't like to use my personal phone it's not a toy.. I prefer to have a second phone.. Unfortunaly I can't do that...
2020-9-7
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

Maybe they should support 8-bit flip phones also?  Buy a used iPhone7+ or similar without a SIM or any cell plan and use it as your controller phone.  Tether to your old phone with Bluetooth for Google Maps during flight, problem solved.
2020-9-7
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Junior - Brazil Posted at 6-9 05:48
On the packaging, "Made for Iphone", it means that it was not made for Android, note that updates are made available for the iOS system first. But the number of users with the Android system is very large and the Android application must exist, so the "iOS" and "Android" logos appear with the respective QR code for the respective application.
The big problem is that DJI must explain that, for Android, the application works only with the 64-bit Android system, no matter if the device has a 64-bit processor, if the Android system is 32-bit (like Samsung J7, A10, A20 etc.) they only run a 32-bit application.
I know friends all over the world, various groups of users on a social network where many people have tested and put their devices on the list of "which ones work" and "which ones do not" DJI Fly and I can say that this list is much bigger than the official list from DJI. An example is the excellent blog "Cult of Drone, by Steve XU, I recommend reading mainly the technical details.

"Made for iPhone" is Apple's licencing program that means that the product is officially compatible with the iPhone and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple's performance standards. It doesn't mean that the product is designed just for the iPhone.

2020-9-7
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

vortex19 Posted at 9-7 15:15
"Made for iPhone" is Apple's licencing program that means that the product is officially compatible with the iPhone and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple's performance standards. It doesn't mean that the product is designed just for the iPhone.

Thank you for this important observation.
Hugs
2020-9-7
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

OMG .. i ordered a Mavic mini and i will get it in a few hours and a i just found out about this issue ....  My phone is a Motorola G7 Power with Android 10  .. not in the supported list.   
i downloaded CPU-Z and in the system section its says Kernel Architecture : aarch64     .. so looks like im 64 bits.   I downloaded the DJI fly app and installed just fine ...
Now im just hoping that it will work just fine with no app crash .. will fly real low for the first flights to see if it's stable.    But i agree .. kinda stupid to not support 32 bit.  
i originaly wanted to use my Lenevo Tablet but no ...
2020-9-9
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Flaming Posted at 9-9 06:43
OMG .. i ordered a Mavic mini and i will get it in a few hours and a i just found out about this issue ....  My phone is a Motorola G7 Power with Android 10  .. not in the supported list.   
i downloaded CPU-Z and in the system section its says Kernel Architecture : aarch64     .. so looks like im 64 bits.   I downloaded the DJI fly app and installed just fine ...
Now im just hoping that it will work just fine with no app crash .. will fly real low for the first flights to see if it's stable.    But i agree .. kinda stupid to not support 32 bit.  

If DJI Fly is installed and started, then most likely everything will work.

Personally, I do not understand the crying about not being compatible with smatphone at the moment, which prevents people from installing the app on their smartphone before buying and trying it out!
2020-9-12
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

As for the compatibility fix, DJI said that in principle it will not do this....

Here is also can be take such example already almost six months ago bought drone Mavic Mini and registered his, but icon this drone I have on avatar so and not appeared, wrote local moderators, so they until now this not can correct!!!
2020-9-12
Use props
Merlin1951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276434 ft
United States

HeirFlick Posted at 2019-12-1 07:13
Well said sir. My brother sells the Mini through his business and he like all of us only became aware after the fly App was released weeks after masses of people had pre ordered the drone and paid for it. From my asking questions I think most were buying the drone because it was a way to introduce children with an additional cheaper phone to the hobby. My child always wants to fly my drones but because it is essential for work I did not want to risk it and I thought the same. It is still wrapped up waiting to be an Xmas present but the phone debacle makes me feel this is not going to happen. No way am I forking out five hundred quid for a phone for a child when I already have two newish ( 2017 - 2019 ) phones that were expensive and have the requirements DJI ask but still do not work. I think DJI's inability to speak to the public or at least release an official statement kinda says what the company see's us as. The fan boys are certainly not willing to stand behind those having issues and the You Tube media won't ask the searching questions tell me its all about the cash. We are just plebs.

Sorry for such a long delay. I haven't been frequenting the forums for a while. As I had mentioned before I cancelled my order for the mini. I later purchased a Mavic Air 2 which I thoroughly enjoy. I ran into an issue with it also in that I couldn't utilize all the features of it, again, because of my phone. I finally went out and found an unlocked, refurbished Galaxy S8+ for $175. I only use it for flying my Spark and the Air 2; no phone service. It works great and I'm happy. I found several Galaxy phones on both Amazon and eBay. You might want to try there and pick up a deal.
2020-9-28
Use props
Merlin1951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276434 ft
United States

djiuser_4LMAomPrDIqs Posted at 1-3 11:14
I just received the drone and was really disappointed to have this issue. I have an Samsung 8 edge running Android 9 and the app won't install. I really hope on works on the s10 when it gets back from the shop.

I'm using a refurbed Samsung Galaxy S8+ with Android 9. Works extremely well. Check out Amazon or eBay. You can find a refurbed one very cheap.
2020-9-28
Use props
djiuser_puBCboHAWa8t
New
United States

IEdzus Posted at 2019-11-13 19:53
First of all your mobile is not supported by the Fly App, why wouldnt you check it out before purchasing to avoid such a situation. The spec's on that phone are low-medium so it bound to have issues.  
And im using the recomended phone and still having issues, these things do happen when ever a new product is released. Just give them time it will be resolved.

That is not correct. The MINI and the DJI Fly app ia not compatible with Samsung Note 9....I have one and it wont work with the mini or DJI Fly App.
2020-10-4
Use props
fans506bfe6c
lvl.2
Netherlands

I am very sad: I have two Google Nexus 7 tablets with Android 6 and one Nexus 9 with Android 7. Very nice devices to use with the DJI Go 4 app, but not working with the Mini or Mini 2.
Please Mr.DJI, make a 32-bit compatible version!!!
2020-11-30
Use props
djiuser_nuCP4a8qXcRq
New

Norway

First of all your mobile is not supported by the Fly App, why wouldnt you check it out before purchasing to avoid such a situation. The spec's on that phone are low-medium so it bound to have issues.  
And im using the recomended phone and still having issues, these things do happen when ever a new product is released. Just give them time it will be resolved.

You made a good drone whit lots of possibilitys and it be recommend by several users on there youtube vids. Nobody speaks about the recommended phones you can use. So if you  buy one air2 and got it home and need a phone who be in the expensive range it simple sucks. Because dji give you whit your drone the rc for phones whit it and also in there manual be not written ore even on there own vids about how easy and good there drone be. So yeah it be a disappointed you cannot use your phone and need to investigate in a new one. Ore do they want that whe buy the smart rc?  I found it also a sort of misleading advertisement. Also i hear nobody from dji give some support comment about in future it be a solution for. Yes i love this drone and i hVe the luck have a samsung s10 but indeed mine nokia 5 dos not can use the app..
2021-1-1
Use props
thomasoes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14695 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_f1qEQatHsKbC Posted at 2019-11-14 04:20
Same for me - pre-ordered and did not see anything from DJI about phone compatibility, except for the expected "Android 6 and later". Only when I went to install DJI Fly, after I got the drone (why would I install before?) did I find that it's incompatible with my Moto G 5 Plus - a recent, decent, midrange phone. It did however install on my Guophone 6800, a low-end phone with 2gb of RAM that's not on the COMPATIBLE list. I haven't flown with it, it may yet fail... if it does I'll be buying a new phone - taking the price of the drone from reasonable to expensive.

DJI should have made this information more prominent

I have the G5G plus and that works
2021-1-1
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

First of all your mobile is not supported by the Fly App, why wouldnt you check it out before purchasing to avoid such a situation. The spec's on that phone are low-medium so it bound to have issues.  

There are many phones and tablets out there that are not on that official list yet works perfectly fine running the Fly app.
Some phone I have tested have worse CPU spec than the worst one on that official list, yet performs just fine.
That official list is by no means complete and many people do have expectation that their phones would work with the app even though their phones are not on that list.
2021-1-1
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_f1qEQatHsKbC Posted at 2019-11-14 04:20
Same for me - pre-ordered and did not see anything from DJI about phone compatibility, except for the expected "Android 6 and later". Only when I went to install DJI Fly, after I got the drone (why would I install before?) did I find that it's incompatible with my Moto G 5 Plus - a recent, decent, midrange phone. It did however install on my Guophone 6800, a low-end phone with 2gb of RAM that's not on the COMPATIBLE list. I haven't flown with it, it may yet fail... if it does I'll be buying a new phone - taking the price of the drone from reasonable to expensive.

DJI should have made this information more prominent

The reason your Moto G5 Plus failed to install the Fly app is because that phone although is 64-bit in hardware, the OS it runs is only 32-bit.
If you can get 64-bit OS on your Moto G5 Plus, you should be able to install the Fly app.
2021-1-1
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Merlin1951 Posted at 2019-11-22 19:27
The thing that really sucks about this whole DJI Fly app fiasco is I've checked every "compatible" model on the list and my service provider doesn't support any of them except the Samsung S10 models which run from $450 - $700! As for the rest of the models - half of them I've never even heard of. I guess I'll have to cancel my order since I'm not going to pay $500 for a combo package just to find out I can't fly farther than my own back yard.

DJI, you really need to get your act together.

There are plenty of phones and tablets out there that work with the Fly app even though they are not listed in the official list.
You just need to check to see if your phone is running 64-bit android version 6 or above.
That's not that hard.
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_sPsp3BeVkx7r
lvl.1

Canada

Anybody have an issue with samsung A20 not working with it, mine won't connect
2021-1-12
Use props
Jewel
New

Bangladesh

I bought dji mini 2 yesterday and i cannot use it. I have Xiaomi Redmi s2  phone and the app is not possible to install! The phone is new and i really dont want to buy a new one!!! What should I do? pls help me.
2021-1-17
Use props
klaatu barada
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Knapweed Posted at 2019-11-21 11:52
Salutations and commiserations for the troubles you are having with running DJI Fly. I had to buy a new phone but it's far from being a flagship anything. It's a cheap as chips Huawei Honor 8x for the princely sum of $248 CA, which converts to about $3:50 US.

I've gotta say, I'm amazed at the quality and performance for such a cheap phone. 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage, expandable to 464GB with a MicroSD card. It's working brilliantly with my Mini.

so do the Huawei p smart 2019 and the Huawei MediaPad T5, no issues whatsoever
2021-1-18
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jewel Posted at 1-17 20:18
I bought dji mini 2 yesterday and i cannot use it. I have Xiaomi Redmi s2  phone and the app is not possible to install! The phone is new and i really dont want to buy a new one!!! What should I do? pls help me.

I don't believe the Xiaomi Redmi S2 has a full 64bit infrastructure it looks like it only has a 32bit operating system.
Unfortunately Dji Fly requires a full 64bit infrastructure and operating system that is why it's not installing.
https://c.mi.com/thread-2510851-1-0.html
2021-1-18
Use props
fans5c5b01ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108875 ft

United States

Does the Samsung Galaxy A20s support the Mimi 2 and the DJI Go app?
I want to find out before I purchase the drone...  
2021-2-22
Use props
fans5c5b01ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108875 ft

United States

I am going to purchase a DJI mini2.
I will have to load DJI Go on to my Galaxy a20s it has a CPU uses 64bit The resolution is 24 bit it that ok to run the app.
2021-2-22
Use props
djiuser_aNClBDzNgYQQ
New

United States

I am so disappointed. I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 and is not compatible. Now I have to return the drone.
2021-4-22
Use props
djiuser_fS7sSIaIAS8O
New
Malaysia

Hi my my new phone is Samsung A02s 64gb  4gb ram but i cant install dji fly. Please help me
2021-4-29
Use props
djiuser_aEVA1oiGQ4mI
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_fS7sSIaIAS8O Posted at 4-29 01:14
Hi my my new phone is Samsung A02s 64gb  4gb ram but i cant install dji fly. Please help me

Buongiorno a tutti , questo è il mio primo messaggio nel forum avendo acquistato il mio mavic mini,
ho istallato il Djifly sul Redmi 8 e tutto è andato bene ma volendo impiegare un tablet Samsung "Tab Active2" ho provato ad istallare ed al termine mi dice che non è stato istallato.
Qualcuno può dirmi se sto sbagliando qualcosa?
Grazie
2021-5-4
Use props
djiuser_4PkHSXM9kj9P
New

Canada

Elias22 Posted at 2019-11-14 02:19
I personally purchased mine BEFORE any such list was made public. All that was given was for your phone to have "Android 6.0 or later".

Absolute garbage, there is no checks to ensure your Mobile phones are compatible (Androids).  Maybe the marketing team should say "great drone but you may need a new phone"...absolute bonkers user experience from the beginning.
2021-6-20
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

AE1M Posted at 2020-9-7 13:49
Maybe they should support 8-bit flip phones also?  Buy a used iPhone7+ or similar without a SIM or any cell plan and use it as your controller phone.  Tether to your old phone with Bluetooth for Google Maps during flight, problem solved.

That is a RIDICULOUS statement to make.  DJI is at fault here, when the initially didn't inform their customers that ArmV8 64-Bit Architecture was required.  They only provided the OS Specs that were required.  No one, after the above should have to run out and buy a new device after spending the money on a new drone from DJI.  The fact is, DJI should have made a 32 Bit version, or they should make the Mini and the Mini 2 compatible with DJI Go 4.  
I for one was using my Nvidia Shield K1 tablet with my Spark on DJI Go 4 without issue.  I now have to use my phone for my Mini 2 which I never intended to do.  The Mini and Mini 2 are supposed to be Entry level drones, they should also be supported by entry level devices.  DJI states that the DJI Fly app was developed as a more SIMPLE app for those using the Mini 1 and 2 yet it requires 64-Bit Architecture?  It makes no sense!
Maybe you should keep your unhelpful comments to yourself.  
2021-7-9
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

DJI just needs to release the SDK so that Litchi can finally add support and we can use our 32 Bit devices for the Mini 2!
2021-7-9
Use props
usernamealready
lvl.1

United States

IF I FIND A FRIEND THAT HAS A PHONE THAT IS LISTED AS COMPATABLE FOR THE DJI FLY APP COULD I JUST USE THAT PHONE FOR THE DOWNLOAD AND NOT CAUSE HIM ANY PROBLEMS WITH HIM USING HIS PHONE AFTER THAT? MYU EYESIGHT IS POOR SO I USE CAPITALS

2021-9-1
Use props
djiuser_2gOFIEn3gSJP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

How do you think install the Litchi app on a 32bit device, the install always terminates with a cannot be installed error, whereas Dronelink installs fine.
It connects to the drone, but don't like the app at all as it doesn't seem to be have simple controls and is more geared to preset flights.
2021-9-4
Use props
djiuser_FcSbnSu7bLQN
New

Australia

So. It's 2022 (just) and this is still a problem!

My wife bought me a Mini 2 for Xmas.
She was told so long as I had a modern phone it should be fine. Unfortunately the app loads but does not connect to the controller on my Samsung phone. But it does work fine on my wife's Huawei P30.

So thats good. I have an option. A choice.

WHY BOTHER ADDING ANOTHER COMMENT?

I don't need to add another complaint.
I read most of the comments.
If you get that much bad press you'd think DJI would do something about it.

But here we are in 2022 and it would seem they have ignored all the complaints (or what I like to call - customers) and they have moved on.

That's their choice - perhaps that's their culture. I don't assume it was a strategic decision.

Heres my point.

I expect customer service.
That's a lost art these days. I go a long way to find it.

If I don't get it.
If my product or service provider doesn't provide it;
I take my business elsewhere.

DJI that's my choice.

2022-1-4
Use props
djiuser_BkuAvk9ihEFk
New

Czechia

No samsung a20e compaliti
2022-5-10
Use props