103987 282 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

ZackAZUSA Posted at 11-30 09:19
Does anyone know if phone service is required to use the Fly App with the Mavic Mini? I am one of the many who purchase before DJI released the compatibility list and I have an LG Stylo 4 phone which is incompatible. But I also have an old Samsung Galaxy S7 with a broken screen. I can get the Samsung fixed just for Mavic Mini use, but I don't want to have to pay for phone service. Is just the WIFI feature on the Samsung going to work?

Thanks
I do think I have took off in an "airplane mode" - not to interfere with minis 2.4 wifi comm, so yea... I don't think you need any connection to the internet for a take off.
2019-11-30
Use props
Merlin1951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276434 ft
United States

Tim Twerp Posted at 11-23 09:35
Really?  You Buy a $500 toy drone and  still have a cheap android phone?  Yes, third party apps will catch the wave and be available, but invest a little in a new or second phone for your drones!  Do you still use 32 bit for your computers?  if you want your equipment to support the future, expect the software to be current and up-gradable... not down gradable.  Go ahead and hate this message, but buy a $500 dollar toy drone and then complain that they expect you to have current technology in your phone... return it and get your money back.  Buy a tello.

I'm sorry. When did you start working for DJI? Unhook your nose from that uppity cloud it's hooked on and get back to earth with the rest of us.
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_lLdaMh62JF4B
New

Croatia

So i bought drone and after 5 hours went back to shop and asked for money return. They had to send it on service chech. I refuse to buy new phone with 64 bit OS. As buyer I am beeing scamed. It should write on box - works only with 64 bit OS, the worst thing is that sellers dont know anything about it either.
2019-12-1
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

djiuser_lLdaMh62JF4B Posted at 12-1 06:09
So i bought drone and after 5 hours went back to shop and asked for money return. They had to send it on service chech. I refuse to buy new phone with 64 bit OS. As buyer I am beeing scamed. It should write on box - works only with 64 bit OS, the worst thing is that sellers dont know anything about it either.

Well the thing is, that even if this information was present - it would mean nothing to the end user anyway - since the information whether the device (Android smartphone) has 32 or 64 bit OS is never presented, nor cared for anyway...
I will still call this decision a "foolishness" on the Dji's part.
2019-12-1
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Merlin1951 Posted at 12-1 05:24
I'm sorry. When did you start working for DJI? Unhook your nose from that uppity cloud it's hooked on and get back to earth with the rest of us.

Well said sir. My brother sells the Mini through his business and he like all of us only became aware after the fly App was released weeks after masses of people had pre ordered the drone and paid for it. From my asking questions I think most were buying the drone because it was a way to introduce children with an additional cheaper phone to the hobby. My child always wants to fly my drones but because it is essential for work I did not want to risk it and I thought the same. It is still wrapped up waiting to be an Xmas present but the phone debacle makes me feel this is not going to happen. No way am I forking out five hundred quid for a phone for a child when I already have two newish ( 2017 - 2019 ) phones that were expensive and have the requirements DJI ask but still do not work. I think DJI's inability to speak to the public or at least release an official statement kinda says what the company see's us as. The fan boys are certainly not willing to stand behind those having issues and the You Tube media won't ask the searching questions tell me its all about the cash. We are just plebs.
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

HeirFlick Posted at 12-1 07:13
Well said sir. My brother sells the Mini through his business and he like all of us only became aware after the fly App was released weeks after masses of people had pre ordered the drone and paid for it. From my asking questions I think most were buying the drone because it was a way to introduce children with an additional cheaper phone to the hobby. My child always wants to fly my drones but because it is essential for work I did not want to risk it and I thought the same. It is still wrapped up waiting to be an Xmas present but the phone debacle makes me feel this is not going to happen. No way am I forking out five hundred quid for a phone for a child when I already have two newish ( 2017 - 2019 ) phones that were expensive and have the requirements DJI ask but still do not work. I think DJI's inability to speak to the public or at least release an official statement kinda says what the company see's us as. The fan boys are certainly not willing to stand behind those having issues and the You Tube media won't ask the searching questions tell me its all about the cash. We are just plebs.

I'm in the exact same boat.  I have 13 days left to return it.  If it's not worked out by then (or at least some kind of plan announced), I'm done.  Back to the store it goes.
2019-12-1
Use props
jmpmjp80
lvl.1

United States

I bought a used Samsung Galaxy S7 on ebay for $65 shipped, in good condition. (4gb of ram, unlike the S6 with 3gb of ram). I will assume that if all goes well, this issue should be resolved for me, and i will let you all know how it goes. (not that i've even bought the drone yet. i'm still waiting for the student discount to go through).
2019-12-1
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I ordered the Mini today because making a drone so lite with a 3 axis gimbal is outstanding. I (luckily) decided to try getting the Fly app. I first I looked on Google play store. It wasn't there. Then I looked at the DJI site and found the apk to download and install. The first install generated the message  'App not installed'. Then I clicked on the Get from app store from the DJI site and this time the message 'Not compatible with phone' was displayed. I immediately cancelled my order. There are going to be a lot of grumpy people on December 25th who are unaware that the drone is not going to be flyable.
DJI was very sneaky. They don't have the app in the Google store so many will assume that the drone will prompt for the software and they will wait until they receive the drone and open the box. And no one on YouTube mentions the issue. They are all being paid to make the DJI advertisement!
Like others have said, either DJI needs to print on all sites that only one phone will work with this drone, or DJI needs to make a dedicated video controller for this drone and include it in the box. I am guessing that DJI makes so little money on this drone that they are willing to issue refunds to most people who bought one.
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_YnYIG4H1s6hi
lvl.1

Russia

One more word about compatibility. My children have Lenovo pads. One of them bought month ago.
App not available on both.
2019-12-2
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Czechia

P4P+ Posted at 12-1 13:32
I ordered the Mini today because making a drone so lite with a 3 axis gimbal is outstanding. I (luckily) decided to try getting the Fly app. I first I looked on Google play store. It wasn't there. Then I looked at the DJI site and found the apk to download and install. The first install generated the message  'App not installed'. Then I clicked on the Get from app store from the DJI site and this time the message 'Not compatible with phone' was displayed. I immediately cancelled my order. There are going to be a lot of grumpy people on December 25th who are unaware that the drone is not going to be flyable.
DJI was very sneaky. They don't have the app in the Google store so many will assume that the drone will prompt for the software and they will wait until they receive the drone and open the box. And no one on YouTube mentions the issue. They are all being paid to make the DJI advertisement!
Like others have said, either DJI needs to print on all sites that only one phone will work with this drone, or DJI needs to make a dedicated video controller for this drone and include it in the box. I am guessing that DJI makes so little money on this drone that they are willing to issue refunds to most people who bought one.
The app has been in the play store for a while, but it won't show if your device is not supported... Most people will assume it just was not in the play store in the first place and they will head over to download the apk directly, only to be confused with "installation failed"...
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

Gu5s Posted at 12-2 06:45
The app has been in the play store for a while, but it won't show if your device is not supported... Most people will assume it just was not in the play store in the first place and they will head over to download the apk directly, only to be confused with "installation failed"...

Also, if you Google "DJI Fly app" a link to the app in the Google play store will show and when you click that, it'll say in red text "Your device is not compatible".
2019-12-2
Use props
dave.bedenham
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34032 ft
Cyprus

Greetings from Cyprus,

I intended to use a Nokia 3 dedicated as my mobile phone for the DJI Mavic Mini,. This phone is Android 9 and 64 bit but does NOT work with the DJI Fly app! No idea why not because the DJI Go app works fine!

Luckily I intended to replace my old Samsung Note II mobile phone, and purchased a Huawei P Smart Z mobile. This phone also has Android 9, and is 64 bit AND works perfectly with the DJI Fly app.

DJI have a legal responsibility to ensure that this issue is clearly identified, and compatible mobile phones are documented. DJI's documentation states 'Android 6 and above' is this is just a blatant con.

I was lucky that I am able to fly my DJI Mavic Mini with my new phone, but I am highly annoyed about not being able to use the Nokia 3 with my controller.

Cheers
2019-12-3
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

So I'm just about at the end of my rope here... not going to buy a new phone for my son for what's supposed to be his big Christmas present.  I was going to wait a bit longer to see what develops before returning it, but it looks like they're not doing anything about this.  Not even a statement from DJI that gives me any hope.  Does anyone know what non-DJI drone is out there in the same price range that will work with a normal phone (Moto G5s Plus)?
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

Looks like the Parrot Anafi is the best choice out there in the same price range that will actually fly.  No compatibility issues with the FreeFlight 6 app on any of my Android devices.  Will be returning my mini to Best Buy as defective as soon as the Anafi arrives and I have a chance to test it out.  Thanks, DJI, for making this an easy decision by sticking your head in the sand and pretending this isn't an issue.
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_zRzIHUOQOjLE
New

Pakistan

I have Samsung galaxy A7 2016 and app is not supported in my mobile device ... you dont know how difficult and expansive to buy mavic mini in pakistan and after all struggle app is not supported in my mobile phone -______-
2019-12-8
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv Posted at 12-7 04:07
So I'm just about at the end of my rope here... not going to buy a new phone for my son for what's supposed to be his big Christmas present.  I was going to wait a bit longer to see what develops before returning it, but it looks like they're not doing anything about this.  Not even a statement from DJI that gives me any hope.  Does anyone know what non-DJI drone is out there in the same price range that will work with a normal phone (Moto G5s Plus)?

I see a very large group of people are seeking to take DJI to court as they have been advised the product has many flaws in its sales and product description . I know nothing on the who's and whatfors on it but I have swapped my lads christmas present Mini for a Anafi as it works no hassle with all phones we took to the shop no problem.
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_HcaYhDs1Lkhq
New

Netherlands

Hi guys, app is still not working for g5 plus. But I expect them to add additional devices. I get my mini in about a month. If by that time this phone is not supported, I will buy a Moto g8 plus. Here it is confirmed that it works on this phone: mavicpilots.com/threads/check-your-phone-compatibility-carefully.76075/

I was considering this phone anyways and I saw a good deal here (Netherlands) for only 218 euros. By many it's also considered the best current budget camera (techspurt on YouTube has a great review) and it has great battery life.

Just sharing in case someone else does want to switch phones anyways
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

HeirFlick Posted at 12-8 13:18
I see a very large group of people are seeking to take DJI to court as they have been advised the product has many flaws in its sales and product description . I know nothing on the who's and whatfors on it but I have swapped my lads christmas present Mini for a Anafi as it works no hassle with all phones we took to the shop no problem.

I was not aware of that.  Thank you.  And I'm glad to hear the Anafi is working out!
2019-12-8
Use props
fans8109438b
lvl.1
Canada

Got my Mavic Mini the other day.  Wow so happy.  Quickly dissolved.  Needs android 6.0 or higher in order to install the app.  Great my LG phone is 6.0, downloaded the app, unable to install it as it keeps saying incompatible with my phone.  I just threw away a little over $600 dollars Canadian.  Anyone like a cute little Mavic combo paper weight?  
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

fans8109438b Posted at 12-10 17:30
Got my Mavic Mini the other day.  Wow so happy.  Quickly dissolved.  Needs android 6.0 or higher in order to install the app.  Great my LG phone is 6.0, downloaded the app, unable to install it as it keeps saying incompatible with my phone.  I just threw away a little over $600 dollars Canadian.  Anyone like a cute little Mavic combo paper weight?

Return it like everyone else.
2019-12-10
Use props
themich0r
lvl.3
Flight distance : 62526 ft
Germany

Can anyone confirm that DJI Fly runs either on a Samsung Galaxy A40 or Xiomi Mi 9 SE ?
2019-12-11
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

MM is sold on Amazon by DJI, and no mention of phone limitations in the Ad, just "Required Operating System: iOS v10.0 or later. Android v6.0 or later."
These Retailers are not going to be happy having to handle an Avalanche of returns when customers are not even able to get passed Step 1 in the Quick Start guide: "Download the App."
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_bX4w0LfV8sYI
New

Spain

Hi, i have a similar problem... I have the Samsung Galaxy A70, 6 MB Ram, 128 Gbs... I can install de DJI FLY App... but i can´t conect the Mobile to the controler...It´s a new phone!!!

I don´t know what can i do...

Greetings from Spain...
2019-12-11
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

Xiaomi redmi note 7 (not on the official list) works fine.
2019-12-11
Use props
Gail Knapton
New

Australia

Absolutely gutted! Pre ordered the Mini bundle, all I was told was that my samsung tablet had to be 6 or above, which it is. Got home, all excited, went to download the app, disaster, not there. Tried everything to no avail. Neighbour has an older tablet (Apple) with no problem. After a sleepless night and accepting defeat, we returned the drone for a refund as we were not told the full story. We lost $80 as it was classed as second hand! Sales staff were given strong wording and told to warn other customers. Shame on DJI!!!
2019-12-12
Use props
Gail Knapton
New

Australia

djiuser_bX4w0LfV8sYI Posted at 12-11 03:49
Hi, i have a similar problem... I have the Samsung Galaxy A70, 6 MB Ram, 128 Gbs... I can install de DJI FLY App... but i can´t conect the Mobile to the controler...It´s a new phone!!!

I don´t know what can i do...

Return the drone for a refund or buy a compatible phone
2019-12-12
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-13 19:13
I'm not sure why DJI has done this, and more importantly why they haven't made it more visible.  I can understand your frustration of having already bought something and not having been notified of a potential conflict.  

However, from a purely technical standpoint as someone that has worked in the software and tech industry most of my adult life, I can 100% understand why DJI would make the move to 64bit.  It really does solve a lot of potential issues from a technical perspective and makes it a bit more future proof.  After having supported the Go 4 app on older technology, I'm sure it was beneficial for them to start fresh with a new architecture for them to be able to evolve and move forward in the future.

KlooGee, First and foremost. I enjoy your youtube videos and the information you provide. (Bowing, Bowing).

I have been in IT for over 25 years. Yes, I am from IT before it was IT...  there is no reason that DJI could not had provided and still can provide both versions of the DJI Fly with both 32 bit and 64 bit. This could had been done. This still can be done.

I am disappointed that DJI can not get their act together over this issue. Being in IT....   does anyone know that Microsoft Office just recently been upgraded to 64 bit....  but both versions are available for the customers. Its frustrating that both versions of this app is not provided.

I just got off the telephone with my father that is in his 80s and I was pushing him into getting the Mavic Mini...  went on and on about wanting him to get this drone. Now again realizing he may not be able to get this drone now, cause my father may not even have a phone to accommodate to run this app. So now I wonder that he may not be able to get this drone.

Microsoft has had different versions of 64 bit and 32 bit for operating systems as well as applications. They know there are different options that customers need to have.

DJI flawed here for not looking at this point. Of all the different complaints and what the customer wants this has to be #1 issue. DJI can provide both versions 32 and 64 bit. They can still do this! We need to keep complaining about this. Its ridiculous to bring out a beginner drone with such stringent requirements for phones and tablets. OLDER men in their 80s, have bad eye sight. This app needs to be able to be used for both 32 bit and 64 bit tablets.

How can we as a community get this addressed. This still can be resolved. Thoughts?
2019-12-12
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone ever thought that maybe DJI doesn't want to have both 32 bit and 64 bit versions to maintain? There certainly is no legality to hold them to it. Of course I'm not saying that there shouldn't be both, obviously it would be in their best interest to do so. But it's their choice of what direction they take with this product. If they want to add all the features that folks had asked for and the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the app, they will.

One thing I absolutely agree with, it should be documented for customers to be able to see and know for themselves prior to making the purchase. I'm not a lawyer and don't claim to be, but I think they do have some responsibility for making requirements known at the very least.
2019-12-12
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-12 09:04
Has anyone ever thought that maybe DJI doesn't want to have both 32 bit and 64 bit versions to maintain? There certainly is no legality to hold them to it. Of course I'm not saying that there shouldn't be both, obviously it would be in their best interest to do so. But it's their choice of what direction they take with this product. If they want to add all the features that folks had asked for and the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the app, they will.

One thing I absolutely agree with, it should be documented for customers to be able to see and know for themselves prior to making the purchase. I'm not a lawyer and don't claim to be, but I think they do have some responsibility for making requirements known at the very least.

There is no excuse to for them not to have both. Many companies way longer before them have both apps. I brought up Microsoft, IBM, Ericson, etc....  they have different versions of products. "Maintain" is a lose word to be mean lazy. All they have to do is add the app to the store. The devs develop and test and than add new changes to prod version after testing is completed. Its not that complicated. Yes, I have been involved with projects for this same exact thing. I have worked on projects and worked with Devs on these types of projects before.

It can be done and it can still be done. So DJI, this is your weak area. Turn this around and fix this or bring out a smart controller or other device that is cheaper than the full cost of top of the line phone, that people can buy than. Give options.....  giving no options is going to add bad taste in people's mouths.
2019-12-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9c544e01 Posted at 12-12 08:51
KlooGee, First and foremost. I enjoy your youtube videos and the information you provide. (Bowing, Bowing).

I have been in IT for over 25 years. Yes, I am from IT before it was IT...  there is no reason that DJI could not had provided and still can provide both versions of the DJI Fly with both 32 bit and 64 bit. This could had been done. This still can be done.

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.  

I try (but don't always succeed) to look at things from multiple perspectives if possible.  

As a consumer, I can see why many people are upset (and rightly so) that they've purchased a product they can't use.  This is where DJI has really failed is in making sure it is documented and communicated so as to minimize the situation of wasting someone's time and money on a product they ultimately can't use.

However, from a business perspective, I can understand it from DJI's perspective.  I've personally been on teams where we had to make similar decisions as it appears DJI has made.  We had to make a sound business decision on whether to make the investment to move forward with something that would work for 100% of our users or to make the hard decision to not make that investment knowing that we would very much upset a portion of our customer base.  

Microsoft and their Office suite is a bit of a tough comparison to make with DJI.  Although DJI is a large company in the drone world, by comparison to Microsoft, they are tiny in comparison to Microsoft and their almost $1.2Trillion market cap.  I really think DJI Fly is their first step in moving away from DJI Go 4 and moving towards the future.  Sometimes companies have to make hard decisions and upset people in order to be able to move towards the future.  Apple getting rid of the headphone jack is a prime example.  They knew they were going to upset a certain portion of the customer base with that decision, but decided to move forward anyways.

I would hope that DJI isn't so incompetent to have made this decision to go only to 64-bit without doing some research to weigh the risks and cost/benefit of making such a decision.  

However, if enough people yell loud enough, maybe that will influence them to alter their course.  

Thanks for adding to the discussion!  

Cheers!
2019-12-12
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I agree Kloogee. And fans9c544e01. I'm not saying they shouldn't do a 32 bit version. From a customer stand point, my opinion is they should. I do believe this would increase their bottom line. You can compare DJI to the likes of Microsoft and other ginormous companies if you like, but in the end, they are entirely different entities. DJI is going to do what they think will bring them the most bottom line and in the direction they wish to go in. And like kloogee says, they knew going into this that there would be a percentage of their customer base that would be upset and if we yell loud enough they may hear us. But in the end, they will make that decision. An old saying comes to mind and it's pretty much how I live my life if I have the choice. I vote with my wallet. This is all my personal opinion though. Nothing more, nothing less. Like you fans9c544e01, I've been in IT for many years and I totally understand the business model. Companies do what they have to in order to generate revenue. We have equipment here where I work that requires old archaic methods of connecting to them in order to maintain them. I would love to be able to move forward with this equipment and modernize it, but unfortunately, at this point in time, there aren't anything to upgrade too so I don't have a choice in that matter. So I do understand that side of things as a consumer.
2019-12-12
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-12 09:43
I agree Kloogee. And fans9c544e01. I'm not saying they shouldn't do a 32 bit version. From a customer stand point, my opinion is they should. I do believe this would increase their bottom line. You can compare DJI to the likes of Microsoft and other ginormous companies if you like, but in the end, they are entirely different entities. DJI is going to do what they think will bring them the most bottom line and in the direction they wish to go in. And like kloogee says, they knew going into this that there would be a percentage of their customer base that would be upset and if we yell loud enough they may hear us. But in the end, they will make that decision. An old saying comes to mind and it's pretty much how I live my life if I have the choice. I vote with my wallet. This is all my personal opinion though. Nothing more, nothing less. Like you fans9c544e01, I've been in IT for many years and I totally understand the business model. Companies do what they have to in order to generate revenue. We have equipment here where I work that requires old archaic methods of connecting to them in order to maintain them. I would love to be able to move forward with this equipment and modernize it, but unfortunately, at this point in time, there aren't anything to upgrade too so I don't have a choice in that matter. So I do understand that side of things as a consumer.

Tonight, I will have to call my father and ask what phone he has. I will have to break the news to him about the 64 bit story and needing a special type of phone. Even though I know my father would love the Mavic Mini for his first drone and he loves photography. I just think the extra expense of a special phone may push him over the limit.

I had already paid extra money to pay my old phone off so that my GF could use my phone for her new Mavic Mini that I bought for her. So even I had to get a new phone and give her my old phone so that I could use the new and my old phone for the Mavic Mini.

P.S. I am not mad at anyone about anything FYI. I am working and I have the resources to buy such equipment. Many retired and new folks probably don't.
2019-12-12
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans9c544e01 Posted at 12-12 12:02
Tonight, I will have to call my father and ask what phone he has. I will have to break the news to him about the 64 bit story and needing a special type of phone. Even though I know my father would love the Mavic Mini for his first drone and he loves photography. I just think the extra expense of a special phone may push him over the limit.

I had already paid extra money to pay my old phone off so that my GF could use my phone for her new Mavic Mini that I bought for her. So even I had to get a new phone and give her my old phone so that I could use the new and my old phone for the Mavic Mini.

You're absolutely right with what you said about working with what you've got. I'm sure there are a lot of us that's doing the same thing. I did the same thing, with the exception of buying an iPad Air 2 to use with my mini. But I bought it used at a really cheap price so I count that as using the resources I had for it. There are a lot of folks that have and will run into this issue and won't have the resources to deal with it. That is why on a personal level, I feel they should do a 32-bit version.

And for the record, I didn't think that you were mad at anyone. Just that you were telling your side of it and I feel you. I would have been in the same boat had I not already had my iPhone Xr and now my iPad Air 2.
2019-12-12
Use props
PercyJackson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266 ft
Bulgaria

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 work perfectly even that is not included in the list
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_Bmv3OHpbaa5u
New

Mexico

djiuser_9ZfpckBI7xa7 Posted at 11-16 02:11
Just add mavic mini to the Dji GO app and we can move along.

Does it work without issue with dji go app?
Because I have the same issue with dji fly app
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_Bmv3OHpbaa5u
New

Mexico

Dji does not understand their customers at all
I bought the mavic mini for my wife and now I cannot install the app on a Samsung galaxy J8.
I was aware that The software has reduced functionality so why does not it work. People Who buy a cheap drone also use cheap cell Phone. It is ridicoulous that You can fly a 1500 usd drone within a 100 usd Phone but should by a 1000 usd Phone for  a cheap drone.
Dji need to fix it.
Luckily my daughter has a Samsung s7 edge, if does not work on this I think The best is to file a lawsuit.
An honest company would inform that it works only with a limited nummer of cell phones.
2019-12-12
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_Bmv3OHpbaa5u Posted at 12-12 14:28
Does it work without issue with dji go app?
Because I have the same issue with dji fly app

We are strictly talking about the dji fly app friend. We are not ever talking in this thread about any other app.
2019-12-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Google is pushing for 64 bit apps very heavily for all Android app developers.  I would imagine Google's timeline towards 64bit was one of the major factors DJI took into account in their decision to move this direction.  If you want more details, check out the following link:

https://android-developers.googl ... ady-for-64-bit.html

Also, if interested in the list of phones that are officially supported with the DJI Fly app, you can find it near the bottom of the following page.

https://www.dji.com/dji-fly

I know people hate Apple for a million different reasons, but this is one of the reasons why I continue to be an iPhone guy.  They make it so much easier for developers to create apps that are just going to work across all of their devices.  Even devices that are 6 years old like the iPhone 6 will still work with pretty much every app developed today.  With the Android platforms, there are so many different manufacturers going in so many different directions with their hardware and modifications of the Android OS, it just makes it much harder for developers to create something that is reliably going to work across them all.

2019-12-12
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 12-12 20:14
Google is pushing for 64 bit apps very heavily for all Android app developers.  They have basically given End-of-Life timelines for 32-bit apps.  I would imagine this EOL timeline was one of the major factors DJI took into account in their decision to move this direction.  If you want more details, check out the following link:

https://android-developers.googl ... ady-for-64-bit.html

Exactly.  I'm not a fan of Apple, but it certainly is easier for developers to have just one target rather than hundreds!

Hopefully, DJI is working hard at new versions of the FLY app to run on more and more devices.  Perhaps they pushed hard to get the product out in time for Christmas, and that didn't leave them enough time to work out support for very many phones and tablets.

While the FLY app does work with my Samsung Note-8, I really wanted it to work with a TAB-A 8".  But that seems to be running a 32 bit OS, and while it's pretty fast, and I hoped it would do the job, it may not ever end up being supported.

I do have access to an iPhone 8, but I have not tried it yet.  It does let you download and install the app, though, so I'm guessing that it will work fine.

If DJI can release more versions and give support to more phones and tablets before December 25, they'll make a lot of people happy, and save themselves having to deal with a lot of returns.  Hopefully their developers are working hard to support as many devices as possible as soon as possible.  I guess we'll see!
2019-12-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The other interesting thing to add to this discussion is that people for years have been complaining about Go 4 being bloated and out of date and DJI needs to do something about it.  Now DJI has done something about it and is headed in a new direction and now a different set of people are upset.  You win some, you lose some, but you can never get 100%  
2019-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules