Mavic Mini Controller Not Connecting to iPhone?
123Next >
48581 88 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nonzero Posted at 12-26 14:13
I have same issue but with Galaxy S8+. It will not connect to RC no matter what I try all that happens is the charging icon beeps 3 times when plugging into RC. Absolute garbage product so far and completely unacceptable.

Try some of these settings in the S8+

https://thecellguide.com/usb-connection-issues-galaxy-s8-3520
2019-12-26
Use props
rramjet
lvl.1

United States

fans77a7356b Posted at 11-17 18:19
My RC cable was Bad from factory...maybe a bad bunch went out...I ordered another brand from Amazon and works fine now,

Can you tell me which cable you ordered. I have not been able to get my Mini to fly since I got it for Christmas. It will run momentarily if I use the take off feature. DJI says send it back to Amazon. I’m not ready to give up. I’m using an IPhone 10.
2019-12-26
Use props
rramjet
lvl.1

United States

lannes Posted at 12-26 17:07
What was the scenario, did the app turn on and have connection to the AC/RC  ?

In the app did you then initiate take off and hold the green button on the app

I’m not even sure what caused it to start. It was sitting on the arm of my chair in the house and suddenly started at max speed. I may have hit Take Off not realizing it because that is the only way I’ve been able to get it to run then only briefly maybe 20 seconds. It will also only connect with our IPhone. Won’t even connect on Android G5 or IPad.
2019-12-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

rramjet Posted at 12-26 17:45
I’m not even sure what caused it to start. It was sitting on the arm of my chair in the house and suddenly started at max speed. I may have hit Take Off not realizing it because that is the only way I’ve been able to get it to run then only briefly maybe 20 seconds. It will also only connect with our IPhone. Won’t even connect on Android G5 or IPad.

When you complete holding the take-off button on the screen.
The drone will take-off and rise to 3-6ft automatically without any input from you
It will then hover at that level, until you start controlling it.

Is this what happened ?

Concerning the Ipad , what model is it, I've tried the Ipad Mini 4 and the Ipad 5th gen and they both connect and work perfectly with DJI Fly, I use a USB otg cable to connect to the standard lighting cable

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Ad ... d=1577412875&sr=8-4
2019-12-26
Use props
rramjet
lvl.1

United States

The only thing that will allow connect is the IPhone 10. When I activate Take Off I then Need to complete a green circle on the phone. The drone starts at a high speed. I did not allow it to try to hover because of weak GPS in the house.  It only ran for about 20 seconds then shut off. I tried moving controls but couldn’t tell if it was trying to do anything. I could not slow the rotors down with the controls. Weird. I have a cable like the one you suggested that I use for software on my RC cars. Should that cable be used I place of the one between the controller and the phone? Thanks for your help.
2019-12-26
Use props
rramjet
lvl.1

United States

OK last update I hope. I think I understand how to control this thing although it will only work with the Wife’s  IPhone. I was wanting an excuse for an IPhone so that’s what happens tomorrow. Never could get it to connect with the Android in spite of suggestions in post #23.
2019-12-27
Use props
djiuser_SPO7MQeYAjpz
New

Ireland

djiuser_3eUjRbIUL3OU Posted at 12-21 08:13
Hi,

I just received my Mavic Mini today and experienced the same issue. I managed to solve the problem with my other Android phone. Here's what I found:

Hey, thanks man,
Had the same issue and like you, just pressed don't transfer anything. Thought I'd have to buy a new cable. You're a lifesaver.
2019-12-28
Use props
Geoff_Tac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4862 ft
United States

I am also having this problem, so here is what I have been doing.
LG-V20
I was able to connect when I first started using it until I saved the setting that asked me to "always allow the device to open the DJI Fly app when USB is connected". Now it just tries to charge the phone when its connected and it gives me the error about the "RC Not Connected". Prior to selecting this USB option I was able to control the camera although I never flew it.

Second day trying to resolve this issue and reading through the steps in this thread I have tried debugging and Revoking USB Debugging, no change. I rebooted, no change, I selected the Photos, no change.

Now I can connect it to another phone a Galaxy S9+. It is also asking me to save the setting of Opening the DJI FLY APP when USB is connected and I am declining it so I don't repeat the same problem. I suspect this is where the problem may be coming from if anyone knows how to remove that default setting it might help.
2020-1-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Geoff_Tac Posted at 1-1 13:28
I am also having this problem, so here is what I have been doing.
LG-V20
I was able to connect when I first started using it until I saved the setting that asked me to "always allow the device to open the DJI Fly app when USB is connected". Now it just tries to charge the phone when its connected and it gives me the error about the "RC Not Connected". Prior to selecting this USB option I was able to control the camera although I never flew it.

I think you need to do a complete install and re-install the DJI Fly for it to reset the automatic opening  command on usb connection
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_M2uwJi2iMWFN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

booxi Posted at 2019-12-18 15:04
Hello,

I think the issue you all are experiencing may not be related to the cables. Today was my first attempt at flying my Mavic Mini (this is my first drone) and I experienced the same remote connectivity issue.

Do you think we’re completely stupid! Haha. We’ve fuckiin tried this.  (No offence)  Wouldn’t buy from dJI again.  
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_M2uwJi2iMWFN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So the fecking cable from DJI is dodgy. You’d think from such a forwardly thinking company they’d sort such a cheap component. Shame on you DJ. Pass that one one about DJI please everyone.
2020-1-8
Use props
fans143134d5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33796 ft
Ireland

nonzero Posted at 2019-12-26 14:13
I have same issue but with Galaxy S8+. It will not connect to RC no matter what I try all that happens is the charging icon beeps 3 times when plugging into RC. Absolute garbage product so far and completely unacceptable.

Hey man, I have the same issue. Do you have an update? My RC will not connect with my Samsung S8 plus. But the I phone cable will work on an old iPhone se. It does fly but I've had a few issues with signal losing signal at only 200 metres in distance in an open area. And the last time I used to the drone started drifting away for a few seconds by itself not sure if it had anything to do with RC but seemed to loose signal for a few seconds could be a faulty RC
2020-1-23
Use props
Jacob67
New
United States

We unboxed the Mavic Mini that I got for my son's birthday yesterday and ran into exactly this problem - the iPhone and remote wouldn't talk. A good sequence for trouble-shooting is to test first whether you can move the camera using the remote. This works even before going through the DJI registration step. If this doesn't work, try pairing the remote and drone again. Here we had some issues which I suspect was because of strong wifi signals nearby. Going into the garage and sitting in the car with both drone and remote did the trick. We then tried another micro-USB to iPhone cable and voila! Now getting the merchant to send us a replacement cable.
2020-1-25
Use props
djiuser_taoTiuL6lNnV
New

South Africa

I just got my Mavic mini today and it does not want to connect to my iPhone XS Max. The DJI 4 app says “the current connected device is not supported”. I already downloaded the latest app version. The cables look good and not twisted and seated correctly in the RC and phone. I also tried a huawei 30 mate and it stops at the 3rd step in the setup. So both phones can’t connect. Any advice
2020-1-29
Use props
djiuser_zftkChTeISzf
lvl.2
United States

Hello,hope Im posting in the right area.The charging port on my samsung S7 is broke.Can I connect to DJI Mini controller to my S7 without using a cable and without losing any functions? How about other DJI drones? Thanks
2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_L6Md0Z6WZuGy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OK yes I have the same problem it was OK one min the next not working
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_KuI6K48gC4cU
New

United States

I am having the same problem. The display from the app says RC not connected to mobile device. It worked fine the first time I flew the drone, but now it’s not. I’ve been extremely careful with how I connect and charge the controller, so I’m sure there isn’t damage to the cord or input area on the RC. It stinks I could only fly my drone once before something went wrong! Help please!
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_wPNNcLFUOH11
New
Australia

Hi Guys
I have lost my original RC to phone cable,  micro b to usb type c . For Samsung 10 , I have bought a replacement generic cable , now I no longer have connection from RC to phone . Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Mavic mini .
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_QeXGHJNOLfQ9
New
Flight distance : 6421 ft
Russia

Hey, everybody,
Bought a drone a week ago.
I flew six times with my Iphone six.
But one day, the remote stopped seeing my iphone,
or the iphone stopped seeing the remote.
What I just did: reinstalled DJI FLy and tried my wife's iphone 6s, and  my son's xiaomi on android (with another cable from the micro-usb set) - Nothing works.
At the same time, the remote is charging and you can even fly without a smartphone.
And I ended up returning the entire drone to the service center. There, the dude checked again on his samsung with a USB-C cable. Nothing works too.
It's some kind of factory DJI mass marriage.
DJI - you're retarded, in my eyes you're dead - I hope you don't have long to live. Ghouls!
2020-5-11
Use props
fleszdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2280 ft
United States

Hello...I just got the Mini as well.  It's the cord.  I ordered a replacement from Amazon, the one that DJI sent never worked.  It was a bit frustrating to try to figure out why it doesn't work when you head out to test it the first time.  I suggest you connect it a few times at home first!
2020-6-30
Use props
djiuser_imaueOfvBEXV
lvl.1
United States

I am having this same problem now. Has their been any fixes? What do I need to do? Buy a new cable. It's really hard to get a connection when I first turn on the app and sometimes I do get a connection and it stays forever. And other days it gets disconnected afte to fly it 5 meters always. Why is it so hard to connect? I can fly the drone easily, but their is just no video feed
2020-7-4
Use props
Juan_jsg
New
Flight distance : 922 ft
Spain

I have exactly the same issue.

The RC controller is connecting randomly.

I think the issue is on the RC controller port, because the same connectivity issues happen connecting the RC to my phone (Samsung Galaxy 8), or to my computer through the DJI assistant. Different cables used, and RC connect randomly.

Connected to the computer, I can observe how connection is lost and recovered. since the computer emits some beep when a new USB is connected or disconnected.
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_xKra0e0KjYGv
New
Flight distance : 21900 ft
United Kingdom

It’s the phone treating the connection as power only that’s the issue I think. A hard reset of the phone or a new install of the app seems to resolve it but very annoying. I don’t know if iOS lets you determine how to treat a usb connection
2020-7-12
Use props
djiuser_xKra0e0KjYGv
New
Flight distance : 21900 ft
United Kingdom

I changed the USB accessories setting in iOS to ON and this seemed to resolve this sporadic problem.
2020-7-12
Use props
LOADiNG//
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12513 ft
United States

This exact same thing happened to me today when trying to fly my friends Mavic Mini with my iPhone X, the drone would take forever to connect then when it did it would lose connection within 5 seconds of the gimbal feed showing on screen. Sometimes it wouldn't lose connection and I was able to takeoff with video feed, but then it would keep disconnecting every 2 minutes after takeoff. I could still fly the drone obviously but had no video feed and I could not change flight modes or anything like that since it wasn't connected. I had my iPhone X case off and the cable was brand new and in the phone properly.
To get the aircraft to connect I would have to turn the drone off, the controller off and close the app, then restart everything but the exact same thing would happen. My friend flies the drone using iPhone 11 and while he does have connection issues his are not that bad, but to be honest you shouldn't have basic connection issues for a drone that is supposedly a "final product". My Mavic Air 2 is two days away from being at my door and if I have the same problems I will probably return it, I cant justify $800 for a drone that has buggy software to that extent....I literally had to stop flying because it was just too annoying and would never work. I could understand an Iphone 6 or something much older, but and Iphone X is not that old.

2020-7-12
Use props
djiuser_4UVnIMhV4QYa
lvl.1

Sweden

LOADiNG// Posted at 7-12 12:00
This exact same thing happened to me today when trying to fly my friends Mavic Mini with my iPhone X, the drone would take forever to connect then when it did it would lose connection within 5 seconds of the gimbal feed showing on screen. Sometimes it wouldn't lose connection and I was able to takeoff with video feed, but then it would keep disconnecting every 2 minutes after takeoff. I could still fly the drone obviously but had no video feed and I could not change flight modes or anything like that since it wasn't connected. I had my iPhone X case off and the cable was brand new and in the phone properly.
To get the aircraft to connect I would have to turn the drone off, the controller off and close the app, then restart everything but the exact same thing would happen. My friend flies the drone using iPhone 11 and while he does have connection issues his are not that bad, but to be honest you shouldn't have basic connection issues for a drone that is supposedly a "final product". My Mavic Air 2 is two days away from being at my door and if I have the same problems I will probably return it, I cant justify $800 for a drone that has buggy software to that extent....I literally had to stop flying because it was just too annoying and would never work. I could understand an Iphone 6 or something much older, but and Iphone X is not that old.

Having the same problem with iphone6S. All firmware up to date. Tried to reinstall several times. And I don’t think that this is ok for any iphone models, why should this be ok on older models? Are they not supported by dji?
2020-7-14
Use props
djiuser_4UVnIMhV4QYa
lvl.1

Sweden

djiuser_xKra0e0KjYGv Posted at 7-12 07:49
I changed the USB accessories setting in iOS to ON and this seemed to resolve this sporadic problem.

Ty for the tip. I will try this to morrow. I will also try on an Android (have iPhone) to rule out the cable.
2020-7-14
Use props
djiuser_4UVnIMhV4QYa
lvl.1

Sweden

At dronezone.com i got this tip that seem to be working so far. Set your iphone to airplane mode so that no other apps can interfere with data traffic or notices or updates etc. The micro SD card could also cause problems, but since my is new out of the box I don’t think this is the problem. I’ll get back when I’ve tried the airplane-mode-fix for a while to confirm if the solution is working.
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_4UVnIMhV4QYa
lvl.1

Sweden

djiuser_4UVnIMhV4QYa Posted at 7-15 03:32
At dronezone.com i got this tip that seem to be working so far. Set your iphone to airplane mode so that no other apps can interfere with data traffic or notices or updates etc. The micro SD card could also cause problems, but since my is new out of the box I don’t think this is the problem. I’ll get back when I’ve tried the airplane-mode-fix for a while to confirm if the solution is working.

Yes, this is working for the problem I had. Now I always cache the area I’m about to fly in, then go to airplane mode before i connect the phone to the rc.
2020-7-17
Use props
thanj2
New

United States

i had the same issue and was scouring the net for a fix.

my fix was to restart my iphone......

rebooted the app and it works just fine now
2020-7-21
Use props
LOADiNG//
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12513 ft
United States

So idk if it fixed it since I am trying with my mavic air 2 but I did allow usb connection in accessibility settings and haven’t had any problems with mavic air 2.  I haven’t had a chance to fly the mini since changing this but they use the same app so it might have worked.
2020-7-25
Use props
Shackney
New

United States

How do I contact Product Support?
2020-8-17
Use props
djiuser_dZ7JRTEWICnp
New

Australia

djiuser_mLRQ5e61eFzM Posted at 2019-12-26 13:47
Similar issue here. Have had at least 4 or 5 successful flights over 2-3 weeks with no issues. Now suddenly DJI fly app indicates no connection to ac and no camera view even though controller works to start & power motors, rotate gimbal etc. Have tried deleting & reinstalling app, DJI assistant to no avail.

Same issues with mine soooooo bummed bought it specifically for a trip away and it doesn’t work
2020-8-26
Use props
djiuser_8Tx5UQ96Ssnk
New
Germany

Same Problem with my dji mavic mini and the IPhone XR. Please DJI fix this Connection issues. We got drones from you but they do not fly.
2020-10-19
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Looking at all these post and it seams that it’s the micro USB . I’m wondering if their is a quality problem with aftermarket cable.
Mine has been doing it also so I have a new one in the mail. I use a 30cm cable because I use a SKYRATE mount. I’m hoping the new cable solves the problem.
I’m wondering if their is any difference in different in quality  of after market brands.  That could be hard to figure out. I do think the quality of the plug in the controller is not of the best quality.
I just wish we could narrow it down but I have nothing it seams to be more on the Mini usb end because it seams to be happening to different types of phones.
So I’m guessing it’s either the cord usb end or the usb socket itself.
Doug

2020-10-19
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

I’ve seen so many having problems with loosing connection at the MM mini USB port including me. Now we all have dealt with other items with mini USB ports for many years on other electronic.
I have seen a few messages warning to be careful when plugging into the MM controller and not to force them in backwards.
Now that’s a concern because it can damage the MM USB port.  After looking at the MM USB port on the controller I noticed something different. All the mini USB ports I have ever seen the corners were rounded and the bottom across was actually shorter than the top and I don’t understand why that is not the same like I’ve seen over the years. I would think the rounded type common for years with the rounded corners would be much better and on those types their is no way you could plug into it upside down.  I have been very careful with mine since day one and have never plugged or tried to put mine in backwards since day one. I have a new 30 cm connector to arrive on Friday . I hope that helps because I’m scared to fly my MM. because I have lost signal the last three times I have flown with my iPhone 7.
Doug
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_GEBJwwbXSZee
New

United States

I have been utilizing my Mavic mini with no problem and from one day to another I can’t connect the remote to drone now. I have tried
Deleting the app and reinstalling also following the proper steps to link it and it has failed every time.
2020-10-20
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

Mavic Mini controller Lost signal to device.

I have a question. Those that are having this problem are you using an aftermarket mount for tour device. I am and that may be part of the problem But it could be the aftermarket 30 cm plug.
The controller has a rectangular Mini US B socket with square corners.  I remember before I got my MM I read somewhere to make sure you plug into it correctly and not upside down because it could damage the  controller plug. Since day one I have been extremely careful with mine.
Now I have noticed that the after market 30 CM plugs have the common plug with the round corners so they tend ( I think ); can rock side to side.  If that is the problem then if you look into the plug in the controller they stick out from the back wall very little. So if that plug rocks back and forth just a little it could tilt enough for a pin to looses contact.
Ok so I’m experimenting with a spare cable and have fled the pug down a little so it goes in farther and over the pins more. Also it might be a good ides to put a piece of Velcro on top abs bottom of the controller abs a strip of Velcro between the two pieces to help hold the plug in to keep it from moving.
I don’t know why DJI didn’t put a stander Mini USB socket in the controller so a standard common usb cord would work like the common 30 cm one would work properly.
What I have stated above is only my opinion.  
Doug
2020-10-20
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

PierceM  read post 79
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_8Tx5UQ96Ssnk
New
Germany

I got a cable from Amazon which is a Little longer but still not connecting always. I don‘t think its a Hardware Problem, I think its a Software Problem.
2020-10-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules