Mavic Mini Controller Not Connecting to iPhone?
123Next >
48466 88 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PierceM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4534 ft

United States

I just got my Mavic Mini today. For some reason, when I plug in my iPhone X, which is fully updated with the latest OS, it doesn't want to connect.
I don't understand what's going on, and would greatly appreciate any help. I really want to fly my freaking drone, ya know? Thank you.
2019-11-13
Use props
PierceM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4534 ft

United States

Okay.. Update... I think it might be the Micro usb to lightning connector. When the wire is perfectly straight, it doesn't connect. But when the wire is twisted, it has a connection.. Should I refrain from flying it in this state?
2019-11-13
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

PierceM Posted at 11-13 22:14
Okay.. Update... I think it might be the Micro usb to lightning connector. When the wire is perfectly straight, it doesn't connect. But when the wire is twisted, it has a connection.. Should I refrain from flying it in this state?

You may loose control during flight.
Did you check the connector in case it has some fluff? I have to clean my port every now and then or it looses connection too.
Is the cable something you can replace with third party cables?
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know that you are having connectivity issue with you DJI Mavic Mini. It is not advisable that we fly the drone, if you are getting connectivity issue with the remote controller. I would recommend please try a different cable to isolate the issue.  Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_ItgxE4ArEHPa
New

Slovakia

Hey,

I have the samé problém. I cant pair mobile (iPhone  XS) with controller ... But controller with drone its ok i can move with cam. Here is a screen what i see.
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_ItgxE4ArEHPa
New

Slovakia

Here is that foto.
2019-11-15
Use props
fans77a7356b
New
United States

My RC cable was Bad from factory...maybe a bad bunch went out...I ordered another brand from Amazon and works fine now,
2019-11-17
Use props
fans2124a1b5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486936 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-14 11:19
Hi, I am sorry to know that you are having connectivity issue with you DJI Mavic Mini. It is not advisable that we fly the drone, if you are getting connectivity issue with the remote controller. I would recommend please try a different cable to isolate the issue.  Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

I’m having the same issue except I’ve tried my iPhone XS Max, 6+, 7+, iPad Air 2 with none working, the screens all saying “this accessory is not supported” and I’ve swapped cables and that didn’t work either. Possibly a defective remote control? Please help
2019-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans2124a1b5 Posted at 11-20 22:44
I’m having the same issue except I’ve tried my iPhone XS Max, 6+, 7+, iPad Air 2 with none working, the screens all saying “this accessory is not supported” and I’ve swapped cables and that didn’t work either. Possibly a defective remote control? Please help

Hi, I am sorry to know that you are having trouble with your DJI Mavic Mini. With regards to the said error message. Are you able to get any camera feed for the drone? And when you are encountering this issue are the accessories like the DJI 360 Propeller Guard and propellers are properly installed? And if you have time please post a screenshot of the said issue. Thank you.
2019-11-21
Use props
fans2124a1b5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486936 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-21 15:43
Hi, I am sorry to know that you are having trouble with your DJI Mavic Mini. With regards to the said error message. Are you able to get any camera feed for the drone? And when you are encountering this issue are the accessories like the DJI 360 Propeller Guard and propellers are properly installed? And if you have time please post a screenshot of the said issue. Thank you.

Took the unit to a DJI authorized retailer and repair centre and they confirmed after talking to DJI representatives on the phone and running diagnostics that the remote is faulty, and now are aware there are remotes out there that are doing this, perhaps from a small internal component not being MFI compliant
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans2124a1b5 Posted at 11-21 16:40
Took the unit to a DJI authorized retailer and repair centre and they confirmed after talking to DJI representatives on the phone and running diagnostics that the remote is faulty, and now are aware there are remotes out there that are doing this, perhaps from a small internal component not being MFI compliant

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Rest assured that  this information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for understanding.
2019-11-22
Use props
fansc1e249a5
lvl.1

United States

Same problems here
Let me know if you fix it
THX
Don
2019-11-22
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

Please don't think I'm being patronising but are you sure you connected your mobile device to the controller with the supplied cable AND turned the controller on?
2019-11-22
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am flying with a Samsung Note 8. I have several flights with no concerns. However on occasions, I get the "rc not connected" error black screen. I tinker with the cable and go back to flying. I have some other cables on the way to, hopefully, get more consistent results.
2019-11-22
Use props
Brian57
New

Indonesia

I am having the same problem, with the screen shot that posted earlier is appearing on my iPhone as well. DJI support has been non-existent, and I am ridiculously frustrated as I bought this drone prior to a trip to Bali and I cannot get it up in the air, and I cannot get any help from DJI. You guys really need to do something about this problem many people are having.
2019-11-23
Use props
djiuser_opj0k3CcKwoe
New
United States

I've had a similar problem with an after market micro usb to usb c cable because the case on my phone doesn't work with the supplied usb c cable. The phone charges (very slowly) but doesn't make a connection with the remote. I've had several successful flights so it's an intermittent issue, I'm just trying to figure out some other solutions to see if it's the controller, cable, both, or something else entirely.
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_FdO7M3w5Vh8P
New

Malaysia

I just got the Mavic Mini today and it appears I have the same problem whereby my iPhone X was not able to connect to the remote using the supplied cable.  Tried with another iPhone 7 same issue.  So i was not able to activate or even detect anything via the DJI Fly app.

However I was able to control the gimbal using the remote so I’m convinced the RC works but the cable is faulty.

This sucks.
2019-12-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

In a situation like this, there are only three, possibly four, things at play. The phone. The RC and the cable. The cheapest thing to start with is to borrow a different phone from a friend of the same type you have that is willing to help you troubleshoot. Use loaner phone to see if it will connect. The next cheapest thing to take out of the equation, if a different phone doesn't connect, the cable. It's always good to have spares at any rate. Order up a new one from either DJI or a reputable seller on amazon or ebay. Once you've tried a new cable and if it doesn't work, you have you're answer. The other possibility is RC firmware. In this case, using DJI Assistant 2, you can refresh the firmware that is installed, and if there is a new update available, install the new one and see if that helps. In any case, when it comes to troubleshooting, you have to rule out the possibilities.

I read a post about they know the controllers has a non MFI compliant component, if that were the case, no one would be able to connect to their MM. Not just a handful. My iPhone XR connects like it should.
2019-12-14
Use props
djiuser_UldckNqXMYPT
New
Switzerland

Same to me....
I just got the Mavic Mini yesterday and it appears I have the same problem whereby my iPhone 8 plus was not able to connect to the remote using the supplied cable.  Tried with another iPhone 6 plus same issue.  So i was not able to activate or even detect anything via the DJI Fly app. I tried with another cable that works with DJI mavic 2 pro...same issue with the mavic mini. Well it can't be the iphone neither the cable...PLease help, I would like to take it with me on holidays next week.
2019-12-18
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_UldckNqXMYPT Posted at 12-18 12:42
Same to me....
I just got the Mavic Mini yesterday and it appears I have the same problem whereby my iPhone 8 plus was not able to connect to the remote using the supplied cable.  Tried with another iPhone 6 plus same issue.  So i was not able to activate or even detect anything via the DJI Fly app. I tried with another cable that works with DJI mavic 2 pro...same issue with the mavic mini. Well it can't be the iphone neither the cable...PLease help, I would like to take it with me on holidays next week.

Your case sounds like might be the RC. Since you tried other phones and cables, thats about the only thing left.
2019-12-18
Use props
booxi
New
United States

Hello,

I think the issue you all are experiencing may not be related to the cables. Today was my first attempt at flying my Mavic Mini (this is my first drone) and I experienced the same remote connectivity issue.

This might sound silly, but I think the issue is with the remote power and the drone power up sequence which is not intuitive. To turn on the remote you should press the power button then release immediately and then press and hold. You should hear a beep from the remote and then the charge lights should get lit and progress from left to right. Then do the same thing to the drone: Press the power button, release immediately, and then press and hold. The drone will emit a similar beep. Finally, on the DJI Fly App you should see that the Remote and the Drone synch and Go Fly button is available.
2019-12-18
Use props
djiuser_3eUjRbIUL3OU
New

Indonesia

Hi,

I just received my Mavic Mini today and experienced the same issue. I managed to solve the problem with my other Android phone. Here's what I found:

- when I first connected my phone to the RC using the USB cable (I'm using Huawei Mate 10), it asked me if I want to charge, transfer photos or media (you know, that prompt when you connect your computer to your mobile), and I selected "cancel", hence, my phone treats the RC as a power bank whenever I plug it to my phone.
- when I tried to connect it with my other Android, I selected "transfer photos", and it works well with the RC.
- so, in my case (I assumed it's the same with you) my mobile detected the rc as power bank, NOT a device

Here's what I did to my first mobile phone:
- go to developer mode
- select "Revoke USB debugging authorisation" - > this will revoke your previous faulty USB debugging with rc
- select "transfer photos" or media when your phone debugging  USB when you connect the rc.

Hope that solves your problem
2019-12-21
Use props
fans6002a539
New
Flight distance : 91109 ft
United States

Same issue on my end. Have tried multiple devices (android and IOS) - different cables and otg connections as well.
The RC is not even being detected by DJI Assistant 2.
I can only conclude that the RC is bad.
I do hope they can resolve this quickly. It is "extremely" frustrating to get the latest toy in-hand only to have it be defective.
Hopefully they can direct some of us to local retailers for replacements.
I will keep an eye on this thread in hopes that someone has a positive outcome.
Happy flying to all...
2019-12-21
Use props
GR8AIR
New
Flight distance : 91109 ft
United States

fans6002a539 Posted at 12-21 15:39
Same issue on my end. Have tried multiple devices (android and IOS) - different cables and otg connections as well.
The RC is not even being detected by DJI Assistant 2.
I can only conclude that the RC is bad.

**Update**
Support advised sending RC for repair - RMA was quick and easy - Hope it is resolved quickly
2019-12-21
Use props
mandilon
New

Spain

Does anyone use huawei p10 for Mavi Mini? I am not able to connect the controller with the cell phone, the RC cable seems to only charge the phone but not connect the devices.
2019-12-24
Use props
rramjet
lvl.1

United States

Just got my Mini for Christmas and having the same problem's as many others. It won’t connect. Light on tail flashes 6 times green then twice red repeatedly.  Camera and gimbal operate but no propulsion. Using an LG5 Android phone. Very disappointed. Where can I take it for checkout? I’m in Mesa Airizona.
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

rramjet Posted at 12-25 18:05
Just got my Mini for Christmas and having the same problem's as many others. It won’t connect. Light on tail flashes 6 times green then twice red repeatedly.  Camera and gimbal operate but no propulsion. Using an LG5 Android phone. Very disappointed. Where can I take it for checkout? I’m in Mesa Airizona.

Have you tried DJI Assistant to update or refresh the firmware in the AC and RC

Remember when doing this both the RC and AC must be turned on to be recognised by the PC, also you will need a full battery to be safe during the data transfer

The LG5 is not on the DJI recommended list but it should still work, I think it must be that data transfer issue, where at the moment your phone thinks the RC is a charging bank see post 23 for the solution.

Also check there is no damage to the usb micro-A port in the controller, unfortunately the rectangular shape of this allows you push in the micro usb connector in upside down, bending or breaking the tab in the port. If you look closely at the port, the tab sits in the bottom half, you need to make sure the hole in the connector lines up the same way.

micro usb-a port.JPG
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mandilon Posted at 12-24 08:50
Does anyone use huawei p10 for Mavi Mini? I am not able to connect the controller with the cell phone, the RC cable seems to only charge the phone but not connect the devices.

See post #23, maybe your phone thinks the RC is a charging bank
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_l6mTIF2x0YXX
lvl.2
United States

Got a Mini for Christmas and am having the same issue indicating the RC is not connected. I’ve tried updating firmware on both RC and drone, pairing devices, etc. to no avail. Gimbal moves under direction, but have no RC functionality otherwise. Very frustrating.
2019-12-25
Use props
AmericaWestCMH
lvl.1

United States

RC does not connect with my V20, I think it's doing the charging thing as well.  Tried different USB connection settings, nothing works.    Works fine with iPhone 6 and iPhone 11.  
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_l6mTIF2x0YXX Posted at 12-25 19:40
Got a Mini for Christmas and am having the same issue indicating the RC is not connected. I’ve tried updating firmware on both RC and drone, pairing devices, etc. to no avail. Gimbal moves under direction, but have no RC functionality otherwise. Very frustrating.

What device are you connecting the RC to ?
2019-12-25
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AmericaWestCMH Posted at 12-25 21:21
RC does not connect with my V20, I think it's doing the charging thing as well.  Tried different USB connection settings, nothing works.    Works fine with iPhone 6 and iPhone 11.

Must be a usb cable problem with the V20 as the iphone's are using a different cable.

2019-12-25
Use props
AmericaWestCMH
lvl.1

United States

lannes Posted at 12-25 21:37
Must be a usb cable problem with the V20 as the iphone's are using a different cable.

The cable clearly works because the V20 recognizes it and asks for which USB option.  It just continually beeps and pops up with that option box over and over again while saying the phone is charging.  
2019-12-26
Use props
djiuser_l6mTIF2x0YXX
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 12-25 21:34
What device are you connecting the RC to ?
iPhone 7. We have two of them, and neither work. There’s a YouTube video out there of a guy who had the exact same issue (different phone model). He ended up having to return it, and hasn’t encountered the same issue with the replacement. I plan on returning mine this week, which will of course reset the arrival delay. I think it’s likely there’s just a batch of bad RCs out there.
2019-12-26
Use props
rramjet
lvl.1

United States

Update. I’ve since tried to get the thing working with an iPad and an iPhone 10X. It seems to connect using the iPhone but rotors won’t move and light in rear still flashes green 6 times the red 2 times repeatedly. So unless all the supplied cords are bad I’m thinking that’s not the problem. Continuing to fool with  it. Guessing a phone call the day after Christmas is probably a waste of time.
2019-12-26
Use props
rramjet
lvl.1

United States

Another update it did seem to take a software update when using the iPhone. Still no fly.
2019-12-26
Use props
rramjet
lvl.1

United States

Well it started unexpectedly and full speed  without any control  and  sliced the hell out of my arm trying to hang on to it.  Now back to sitting still blinking and I’m bleeding. This was while using the iPhone.
2019-12-26
Use props
djiuser_mLRQ5e61eFzM
lvl.1
Mexico

Similar issue here. Have had at least 4 or 5 successful flights over 2-3 weeks with no issues. Now suddenly DJI fly app indicates no connection to ac and no camera view even though controller works to start & power motors, rotate gimbal etc. Have tried deleting & reinstalling app, DJI assistant to no avail.
2019-12-26
Use props
nonzero
lvl.1
Australia

I have same issue but with Galaxy S8+. It will not connect to RC no matter what I try all that happens is the charging icon beeps 3 times when plugging into RC. Absolute garbage product so far and completely unacceptable.
2019-12-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

rramjet Posted at 12-26 11:50
Well it started unexpectedly and full speed  without any control  and  sliced the hell out of my arm trying to hang on to it.  Now back to sitting still blinking and I’m bleeding. This was while using the iPhone.

What was the scenario, did the app turn on and have connection to the AC/RC  ?

In the app did you then initiate take off and hold the green button on the app

Was it after take-off that it went crazy ?

Indoors the Mini uses only the VPS to maintain the hover as it amy not be able to get a gps fix, so it needs to be in a well lit area for the downward pointing sensors to work properly. Was there enough light ?
2019-12-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules