Mavic Mini Controller Not Connecting to iPhone?
48551 88 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RKelly6of6
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Exactly the same here!
Got a brand new Mavic Mini with the extended flight pack, I was excited to get it flying but can’t get any connection other than gamble control.

I’m using an iPhone 6s+ which is completely up to date  in terms of software but I get exactly the same screen as the picture posted above.

So bloody frustrated by this, when something is sold as ready to fly straight from the box and isn’t it’s annoying.

Any help or solutions would be gratefully received!
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_H0sK1IwL6jzt
New
Flight distance : 6388 ft
United States

RKelly6of6 Posted at 11-5 11:26
Exactly the same here!
Got a brand new Mavic Mini with the extended flight pack, I was excited to get it flying but can’t get any connection other than gamble control.

I connected my RC with my iPhone (iOS version 14.0.1) works ok if I fly my Mavic Mini inside my home and the camera view is ok;

but if I go outside I am getting the message "RC NOT CONNECTED to MOBILE".  I notice I can fly outside the Mavic Mini without iPhone but I will not be able to see the camera view.  

Why it works indoor but not outdoor?  
2020-11-8
Use props
exfendermender
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_H0sK1IwL6jzt Posted at 11-8 22:38
I connected my RC with my iPhone (iOS version 14.0.1) works ok if I fly my Mavic Mini inside my home and the camera view is ok;

but if I go outside I am getting the message "RC NOT CONNECTED to MOBILE".  I notice I can fly outside the Mavic Mini without iPhone but I will not be able to see the camera view.  

A new micro sd card seems to have solved my similar issues. So far, three flights with no disconnect messages    . Also, I put my phone on airplane mode when testing it in my backyard.
2020-11-9
Use props
djiuser_keKZsKjInZjs
New

Vietnam

i have the same problem
2020-11-16
Use props
fansd74453cf
New
Flight distance : 1572 ft
United States

I am having the same problem. Brand new mavic mini. Won’t connect to iPhone 11. Who do i call to get warranty repair? Is this a known issue? Is there afix?
2020-11-26
Use props
fans4e209f1f
lvl.1

Canada

i had no problem when i got my Mavic Mini 2 weeks ago... problem started at last Apple update!!! yess
tried many things.... this is not cable issue!!!
now i don't have any connexion error when i turn "silent mode" ON and "airplane mode" ON from iphone XR....
weird right???
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_9Y7byz6rXzcM
New

United States

I have the same rc not connected issue and am using older iPhone 6 Plus I powered on controller first than drone. I plugged the rc cable into my iPhone first than after 5 seconds I plugged it into rc. It linked together immediately. I hope this helps.
2020-12-23
Use props
DJINovice
New

United States

fans2124a1b5 Posted at 2019-11-21 16:40
Took the unit to a DJI authorized retailer and repair centre and they confirmed after talking to DJI representatives on the phone and running diagnostics that the remote is faulty, and now are aware there are remotes out there that are doing this, perhaps from a small internal component not being MFI compliant

Im new to forums in general and also Mavic Mini.  Received Mavic Mini as a gift in Nov 2020 and flew it maybe 3x then had problems with Ipnone7 and Iphone SE connecting to the controller. It did originally for three short flights then a month later when I had a warmer day it would not connect to either device. Contaced DJI they sent me a new cable. That didn't work. Ordered from Amazon a what appears to be a more rugged cable that didn't work. I see reports that bad controllers (or controllers that failed prematurely) were sent by DJI. I tried downloading new firmware to controller and it just sat there for at least an hour not appearing to do anything. I have very good internet speed. Finally Xed out of it.

Most frustrating electronic device I've ever purchased.  I guess I'll call DJI again tomorrow and see what they can do about a new controller. Although the DJI came highly recommended by a very good friend, at this point the performance of DJI and little assistance (or couldnt understand the english dialect of the support person) has been of little help. Any other ideas. I don't have an authorized repair shop anywhere close.
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_PI7sEunTSrcV
New

Mozambique

I am having the same problem, when black screen appear I am taking of the cable connection and putting it again, so I can fly more 30secs until it happens again.
2023-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules