DJI Fly supported devices
123Next >
20099 80 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans652d5e63
lvl.2
Canada

Galaxy S6 rooted, 64bits ARM cpu 64bits OS android 6.0.1...Google Play says now Dji Fly's incompatible though it was ok from the first version release
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_1SQVzcQCV4is
lvl.1

Turkey

Gu5s Posted at 11-17 12:22
Yea, the problem is that although these smartphones do have 64 bit CPU, the ROM (OS) is running 32bit version - majorly. (The same case for my 1year old Xiaomi phone, with 8cores and 4G of RAM) - but "zoinks, we are gonna do a dumb move, that we have not thought through (compiling only 64bit version of app) in the name of progress, because 'who even uses armv7a phones?', am'iright?" - Well i'd at least 50% of people interested in budget drones...

Wonder that have any chance with a rooted custom Rom
2019-11-19
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
Canada

First, I'm sorry to see that people are having these issues.   But I also completely understand DJI's position.

1.  The supported phones are clearly identified.   Although they don't specifically say WHY, the list is clear.
2.  If I was rushing out a product, I would also focus on writing software to support the widest set of devices first, and then add support as possible for additional devices later.
3.  People in this thread are complaining about lack of support with IPhone 4 and iPhone 5 - these phones were released in 2010 and 2012, almost a decade ago.  I understand that there are people who
dont feel the need to stay more current with technology, but most people DO, and it could delay release significantly for DJI to worry about supporting equipment this old in this release.
4.  The tone of many of these comments are pretty annoying - many sound entitled beyond reason, especially since the devices they are complaining about are clearly not on the supported list.

2019-11-19
Use props
lojzik
lvl.2

Czechia

DJI's position ignores real world
1. with this approach from other developers I will have one device for every app.  I want have only one phone
2. what about add device to existing app. Does this mavic have any new magic features incompatible with existing app?
3. people has problem with one or two year old phones. Compare supported phones with phone production in this year.
2019-11-19
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
Canada

lojzik Posted at 11-19 11:16
DJI's position ignores real world
1. with this approach from other developers I will have one device for every app.  I want have only one phone
2. what about add device to existing app. Does this mavic have any new magic features incompatible with existing app?

Regards 1 and 2 - I don't think the plan is to release a new app for each new product.   I think what likely happened here is that:

a) . DJI got feedback that DJI Go, while feature rich, was becoming non-accessible and overly complicated for new flyers and
b).  With the emphasis on new drone owners, DJI wanted something cleaner and more simple to use.

Regarding 3, I get that some more recent products aren't supported, but that seems related by onboard RAM and lack of 64 bit support, correct?   Clearly DJI had issues with these limitations that either made completion of the Fly app much more difficult or much more time consuming.   They made an engineering decision, that in some cases may require the purchase of a more capable device.   

I get it - thats annoying - but the tone of many posts here are a bit over the top.
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_f1qEQatHsKbC
lvl.2

Portugal

Damager Posted at 11-19 10:53
First, I'm sorry to see that people are having these issues.   But I also completely understand DJI's position.

1.  The supported phones are clearly identified.   Although they don't specifically say WHY, the list is clear.

It's not the WHY so much as the WHEN and HOW. There was no mention of the limited number of supported devices until the point where you go to download the app. By that time you probably already have the drone in your hands, and for many of us, a phone that doesn't work with it.

DJI should have done a much better job of publicizing the phone compatibility list BEFORE the Mini was launched. The best way to do that would have been prominently on the Mini page of the web site, but that small device list would have taken some of the gloss off the big launch I guess. Pretty poor, especially when a lot of us are first time DJI customers. Not a good way to built brand loyalty.
2019-11-19
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

Damager Posted at 11-19 11:55
Regards 1 and 2 - I don't think the plan is to release a new app for each new product.   I think what likely happened here is that:

a) . DJI got feedback that DJI Go, while feature rich, was becoming non-accessible and overly complicated for new flyers and

You seem to think, that compiling a 32bit version of app requires major amount of extra work... In reality it is most of the time just one checkbox in modern IDE. Almost every small stupidiest app is supplied with both versions on play store - my phone has 4Gigs od ram, CPU capable of 64bit instruction set, but unfortunately the manufacturer did not bother with putting in 64 bit version of Android - most likely, because they thought, that it is not necessary - just like Dji thinks 32bit OSes are obsollete and in minority (as we can see, that is not true) - they really do not support majority of the devices as you write - if it were the other way around - 99% of currently used devices would be supported.
2019-11-19
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Damager Posted at 11-19 10:53

Well point one is a load of dung. I ordered the drone and paid for the drone three weeks before the App was released with no mention of any minimum requirements until the app was released. Second my two phones were released in 2017 and 2019 hardly old technology and third I am entitled to basic good service as a consumer.
2019-11-19
Use props
DentargPL
lvl.1
Poland

Seems like that topic started 2 weeks ago, and there are several topic regarding app compatibility on the forum. It seems it's just 1 click for DJI during compilation to introduce 32bit version, but there is no answer from DJI regarding that issue. Seems like really good customer support ...

DJI, release 32bit version already, and let your customers be beta testers of the app ...
2019-11-29
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

djiuser_f1qEQatHsKbC Posted at 11-19 13:48
It's not the WHY so much as the WHEN and HOW. There was no mention of the limited number of supported devices until the point where you go to download the app. By that time you probably already have the drone in your hands, and for many of us, a phone that doesn't work with it.

DJI should have done a much better job of publicizing the phone compatibility list BEFORE the Mini was launched. The best way to do that would have been prominently on the Mini page of the web site, but that small device list would have taken some of the gloss off the big launch I guess. Pretty poor, especially when a lot of us are first time DJI customers. Not a good way to built brand loyalty.

Exactly. Those who pre-ordered had no way of knowing whether their phone worked or not. The app and the list was released on the 10th or 11th of Nov when pre-orders started on the ≈ 30th Oct. Before the the list the only info was "Android 6.0 or later".
2019-11-29
Use props
DentargPL
lvl.1
Poland

Even now on Mavic Mini product page there is info that Android 6.0+ is enough. The list of phones is on DJI Fly app product page.
2019-11-29
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4347 ft
United Kingdom

Damnit, now the Google play shows that Fly is no longer supported on my phone (Huawei Y6 2017 that Fly is actually currently installed on but I guess won't be updated now) or my work phone Moto E4 plus.

Edit: ok, have managed to download the apk from the DJI site on the Huawei and install 1.0.3 that way.
2019-11-29
Use props
DentargPL
lvl.1
Poland

This is really strange now. So instead adding new devices to the app, they started to remove all of those which are not supported officially. Great work DJI ...
2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

So I'm just about at the end of my rope here... not going to buy a new phone for my son for what's supposed to be his big Christmas present.  I was going to wait a bit longer to see what develops before returning it, but it looks like they're not doing anything about this.  Not even a statement from DJI that gives me any hope.  Does anyone know what non-DJI drone is out there in the same price range that will work with a normal phone (Moto G5s Plus)?
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv
lvl.1

United States

Looks like the Parrot Anafi is the best choice out there in the same price range that will actually fly.  No compatibility issues with the FreeFlight 6 app on any of my Android devices.  Will be returning my mini to Best Buy as defective as soon as the Anafi arrives and I have a chance to test it out.  Thanks, DJI, for making this an easy decision by sticking your head in the sand and pretending this isn't an issue.
2019-12-7
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv Posted at 12-7 04:09
So I'm just about at the end of my rope here... not going to buy a new phone for my son for what's supposed to be his big Christmas present.  I was going to wait a bit longer to see what develops before returning it, but it looks like they're not doing anything about this.  Not even a statement from DJI that gives me any hope.  Does anyone know what non-DJI drone is out there in the same price range that will work with a normal phone (Moto G5s Plus)?

All the customers who returned the Mini to my brothers shop all got the Anafi instead. As far as I am aware there are no issues with any phones.
2019-12-17
Use props
Andre Roache
New

United States

After reading this,I will be drafting a Class Action Lawsuit against DJI in the morning.
DJI not properly inform the consumer about this 64 bit factor prior to ownership and has made no attempt to address the issue.
Will be returning mine and have to lose 15% to restocking fee.
DJI takes Millions by scamming the consumer.Even if we all did a return they will have turn our money and made money.
2019-12-18
Use props
djiuser_RZKOx68fX1iO
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_zSymHkL4NBMk Posted at 11-14 03:10
Same with me here : A3 2017 on android 8.0.0.
I believe it is because the app is only 64-bit android compatible, and the A3 has a 32-bit android.

DJI has no plans to update to accept 32 bit files
2019-12-18
Use props
djiuser_RZKOx68fX1iO
lvl.2

United States

MaTiCeK Posted at 11-17 00:27
I have a problem connecting my Samsung Galaxy S10 + to the remote control. Despite being plugged and turned on, it doesn't connect to the remote. The phone is officially supported, yet it doesn’t work. DJI please fix this!

I just connected the S10+ to the controller today. It has the latest firmware version
2019-12-18
Use props
djiuser_RZKOx68fX1iO
lvl.2

United States

Gu5s Posted at 11-17 12:22
Yea, the problem is that although these smartphones do have 64 bit CPU, the ROM (OS) is running 32bit version - majorly. (The same case for my 1year old Xiaomi phone, with 8cores and 4G of RAM) - but "zoinks, we are gonna do a dumb move, that we have not thought through (compiling only 64bit version of app) in the name of progress, because 'who even uses armv7a phones?', am'iright?" - Well i'd at least 50% of people interested in budget drones...

It is a problem with ARM v8 as well. My phone (Samsung Galaxy Pure) has ARM v8, and thus a 64 bit capability, but my cell provider (Cricket) does not implement it.  Thus, it will not install DJI Fly.
2019-12-18
Use props
69th Drone Detachment
lvl.2

United States

Alamoflyer Posted at 11-15 12:35
So I get the "App Not Installed" error trying to install from the link provided by DJI support.
My phone is LG Xpression Plus 2 updated to Android 9. CPU is Mediatek Helio P22 8 core 64 bit, ATT network. Makes no sense as to why it would not work.

ATT might not be implementing 64 bit for that phone. I have the same issue with Cricket...my phone has 64 bit ARM v8, but Cricket only implements 32 bit for this phone. Sad to have such an expensive paperweight over holiday season. Since DJI has no plans to implement 32 bit capability, we are faced with choice between returning the drone or buying a more upscale phone...
2019-12-19
Use props
69th Drone Detachment
lvl.2

United States

MaTiCeK Posted at 11-17 00:27
I have a problem connecting my Samsung Galaxy S10 + to the remote control. Despite being plugged and turned on, it doesn't connect to the remote. The phone is officially supported, yet it doesn’t work. DJI please fix this!

The S10+ worked with my mini. It was on the latest firmware version. You might check further...
2019-12-19
Use props
69th Drone Detachment
lvl.2

United States

Alamoflyer Posted at 11-16 09:40
The app seems to require at least 3GB Ram. Wish they would just say so instead of this business about showing a small list with no reason as to why many phones don't work with fly.  DJI is hurting themself with a "budget drone" only flyable with "high end phone". When they had meetings about this didn't they realize to match the price of the drone (cheap) to the phones (cheap phones)?

It does seem like the most ridiculous customer service/performance issue ever. I spent some time trying to figure out why DJI would do this (since they aren't saying), and came up with the following...

A) I think they will eventually transition all drones to a 64-bit DJI Fly app, and this just happens to be the first to utilize this program.

B) I heard Google has future plans to make all apps require 64-bit capability, and this may be DJI's way of anticipating that and 'future-proofing' their flight support software.  
2019-12-19
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

As a footnote to the extremely poor DJI service and extremely poor clarification to exactly what is what I have just been informed that from the official list of Android Phones that are compatible with the Fly App as of January 2 nd 2020 only 3 phones on that list are still officially available and one of those the Samsung S10 and its variants are hit and miss depending on which version of the S10 you have and where you live and what network you use. He also informed me there is one simple solution to all this that would solve everything. I will leave you guessing that one because DJI have already said they will not do this. Are DJI going to release an updated list of Android compatible phones anytime soon.
2020-1-2
Use props
G-a-n-t-z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476591 ft
Russia

xiaomi redmi note 5 4/64gb  works fine
2020-1-2
Use props
Shimmers81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2856873 ft
Malaysia

anyone using Redmi note 8 ? is it compatible?
2020-1-2
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Type in the search bar the model of your device.
In the "Platform" column, you will see the bit depth of your operating system.
2020-1-3
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-11-15 09:26
Hello and good day radekne. Thank you for sharing these information with regards to the DJI Fly supported devices. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

[view_image]

Not compatible with Samsung S10 and its subspecies!
You can cross it off the list!
2020-1-3
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

djiuser_RZKOx68fX1iO Posted at 2019-12-18 20:01
I just connected the S10+ to the controller today. It has the latest firmware version

DJI Fly 1.0.4 not compatible with the Exynos processor and Android 10. DJI Fly 1.0.3 is compatible if you enable gestures instead of the lower bar with virtual buttons.
2020-1-3
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

It works fine with my HUAWEI P20 Lite and I made 2 flights with SAMSUNG Galaxy A7 (2018)
2020-1-3
Use props
Cole Alexander Sade
New

United States

I am using samsung A10e. Which has a 64 but processor and CPU has Arm in both of them. Andriod version 9. And it's still not working. I dont quite understand what is going on.
2020-1-6
Use props
G-a-n-t-z
lvl.2
Russia

Tell me how this unit will feel Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite 6/128GB? or maybe someone already uses it. if any problems?
2020-1-8
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

G-a-n-t-z Posted at 1-8 12:31
Tell me how this unit will feel Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite 6/128GB? or maybe someone already uses it. if any problems?

Confirmed WORKS.  Enjoy.
2020-1-8
Use props
G-a-n-t-z
lvl.2
Russia

Minnesota Posted at 1-8 12:42
Confirmed WORKS.  Enjoy.

thanks, it's time to place an order for this phone
2020-1-8
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Damager Posted at 2019-11-19 11:55

Your statements are doubtful! And about devices or too many to DJI could test them all, even popular models! Personally,
I have never seen more than one mention that DJI Go4 is too complex and confusing!
And the presence of many settings does not imply the need for their mandatory use!
As for me, DJI Fly and DJI Go4 have almost the same number of settings, except for not available functions!
2020-1-9
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

DJI Fly works with Xperia XZ2 compact phone, with Android 9 and Android 10 as well.
2020-1-9
Use props
wazu
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_RZKOx68fX1iO Posted at 2019-12-18 20:03
It is a problem with ARM v8 as well. My phone (Samsung Galaxy Pure) has ARM v8, and thus a 64 bit capability, but my cell provider (Cricket) does not implement it.  Thus, it will not install DJI Fly.

My carrier is T-Mobile and they do support 64 bit

MY phone
LG L423DL (SOLO),
OS
Android OS v8.1 (Oreo)
Chipset
Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
CPU
ARM Cortex-A53, 1800 MHz, Cores: 8, 64-byte cache lines
GPU
Adreno 506

Although it appears to exceed all the requirements, this particular model is not on any DJI list. The fly app will not load. Any segestions would be welcome

Wazu
2020-1-21
Use props
PetitPimousse
lvl.1

France

DJI Fly works fine on my Nextbit Robin released in February 2016 !!
But doen's works on my son'phone Redmi 6A bought in 2019
2020-1-29
Use props
fans15d4fe1d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

ONN 8 cheap walmart tablet works like a charm.
2020-1-29
Use props
PetitPimousse
lvl.1

France

Hello guys,
does anyone have an experience with the Xiaomi Mi A3 ?
I'm expecting to buy one for my soon, but i can't figure out if it works with DJI Fly app…
2020-3-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules