DJI Fly : iPad Mini 3 issues ?
3435 8 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miniger
lvl.2
Germany

Hi to everybody :-)
I´ve got an iPad Mini 3 , which is not on the list. I know, should buy a better, stronger, faster.... but I love this big screen and used it flawlessly with DJI Go(4) and my P4P.

So I was pretty delighted, that installing DJI Fly was no problem at all, and connection works (well, need a longer MICRO A > Lightning) and no visible life pic freezing so far...but:

ipad 1.jpg

As soon as I hid the three points for adjustments, picture size increases . That would be no prob, but I cant hit the return button (back to flight window)

ipad 2.jpg

Even if I hit the 1x / 2x button, problem stays, just half the size :

ipad 3.jpg

Since I´m not a regular / experienced Smartfone / Pad use , only in use for DJI apps, it could be iPad related as well .So my questions are:

1 Something wrongly adjusted @ iPad ?

2.Is this a DJI Fly bug or feature ?

Thx for any input,  which could solve this, !

2019-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s a great option also frees up your phone and stops it getting clogged up .
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 05:16
It’s a great option also frees up your phone and stops it getting clogged up .

That is one of the things for me, I rather have a phone, as a phone, and use something else for the drone exclusively... bummer that it doenst work with slightly older devices.
2019-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Juliflash Posted at 11-14 05:19
That is one of the things for me, I rather have a phone, as a phone, and use something else for the drone exclusively... bummer that it doenst work with slightly older devices.

You can pick up mini iPads refurbished on Amazon, they make great screens and you can just use it as a dedicated option for drone footage, you can for €20 load Luma Fusion which is an incredible option for editing footage and works very fast, check it out .
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 05:30
You can pick up mini iPads refurbished on Amazon, they make great screens and you can just use it as a dedicated option for drone footage, you can for €20 load Luma Fusion which is an incredible option for editing footage and works very fast, check it out .

Cool, didn't know about tat app.
Which version of the mini ipad will  work with the mini?
2019-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Juliflash Posted at 11-14 06:45
Cool, didn't know about tat app.
Which version of the mini ipad will  work with the mini?

3/4 .............
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

Awesome, thanks a lot for the info!
2019-11-14
Use props
miniger
lvl.2
Germany

Thx for comments, guys    Issue solved :-)

It helped a lot to install latest iOS 12.xxx. (me idiot, did figure that anything above 10.0 is good enough) Can´t wait till tomorrow to check if everythings running smoothely :-)
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Upon checking iPad Mini 3 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly, it may work however we can't guarantee the stability of the said unit. for additional reference I will be posting a link
( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) for the compatible devices. Thank you.

2019-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules