Case going nowhere, Am I dealing with one person?
1667 21 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Codedog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11877 ft
United States

So a couple months ago I was flying my spark and mid flight at 83% battery it dropped into a swampy wooded area.  I looked for a long time but there is a large pond in middle of this area.  Where I think it fell was unsafe for me to get all the way into, the swamp is almost like quick sand.  I have told DJI support that this isnt a safe area to enter and they told me not to even try.  Now DJI support has offered me 50% off and are saying its the final offer and my case is being closed.  This was escalated one time and I have my doubts as to whether I am talking to the original support person or if they even escalated it.  Any way someone can check on this?  

Case No: CAS-3496050-L2X9C3

If recovery is the only way to get a replacement I will have no choice but to try to get the spark.

2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Codedog, we apologize for the trouble you had with your case. Your case was handled by case managers and we're sorry if we didn't meet your expectations. The decision was final and is the maximum we can provide. Thank you for understanding.
2019-11-14
Use props
Codedog
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-14 09:51
Hi Codedog, we apologize for the trouble you had with your case. Your case was handled by case managers and we're sorry if we didn't meet your expectations. The decision was final and is the maximum we can provide. Thank you for understanding.

Does this apply if I go into the pond area and find the spark and send it in?
2019-11-14
Use props
Codedog
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-14 09:51

Love the name drop too, nothing like putting my personal info on the forum... About what I've learned to expect from DJI

**They edited it but originally put my full name in post.
2019-11-14
Use props
Codedog
lvl.1
United States

Any1 got a class action going?  Never had something with such a clearly written warranty not get replaced.  A complete scam, what a horrible company.  Wait over a week to respond by email then closing my case without replacement.  I had the spark for 1 day before it dropped out of the air mid flight.  I was showing it off too, they saw it fall and I'm glad they got to see what a POS it was.  Clearly a battery disconnect issue but they don't want me to try to recover it and wont replace it without sending it in.  Now DJI says it doesn't matter if I send it in they still wont replace.  WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!   WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!   WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!   WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!   WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!   WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!   WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!   WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Codedog Posted at 11-14 11:14
Does this apply if I go into the pond area and find the spark and send it in?

Hi, if in case the aircraft were retrieved and sent in, we will re-evaluate the aircraft and DJI will examine the returned product(s) to identify the problem. If the problem qualifies for service under this policy, DJI will bear the cost for replacement, or repair and return the product(s) at our cost to you. If DJI determines that the issue in question is not covered by this DJI After-Sales Policy, you will have to apply for Customer Paid Repair Service. DJI will not start repair until you agree to the cost for repair quoted by DJI. If you disagree with the cost of the repair, DJI will return the product(s) with you burdening the cost of return shipping.
2019-11-14
Use props
Codedog
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-14 14:35
Hi, if in case the aircraft were retrieved and sent in, we will re-evaluate the aircraft and DJI will examine the returned product(s) to identify the problem. If the problem qualifies for service under this policy, DJI will bear the cost for replacement, or repair and return the product(s) at our cost to you. If DJI determines that the issue in question is not covered by this DJI After-Sales Policy, you will have to apply for Customer Paid Repair Service. DJI will not start repair until you agree to the cost for repair quoted by DJI. If you disagree with the cost of the repair, DJI will return the product(s) with you burdening the cost of return shipping.

So I do have to find it even though its in an unsafe area?  Just want to be clear before I go in this weekend.
2019-11-15
Use props
Codedog
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-14 14:35

So I do have to find it even though its in an unsafe area?  Just want to be clear before I go in this weekend.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Codedog Posted at 11-15 04:31

Apologies but retrieving the drone in unsafe areas were never and will be of anyone's will. Again, if it is retrievable, you are advised to return the product and data analysis will be provided when received. We're terribly sorry that your situation is not favorable in retrieving your drone. Please accept our apologies and hoping for understanding.
2019-11-15
Use props
Codedog
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-15 07:34
Apologies but retrieving the drone in unsafe areas were never and will be of anyone's will. Again, if it is retrievable, you are advised to return the product and data analysis will be provided when received. We're terribly sorry that your situation is not favorable in retrieving your drone. Please accept our apologies and hoping for understanding.

Sounds like I need to go get it.
2019-11-15
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

PM me, i have some experience in dealing with this.
2019-11-15
Use props
fansb2589f87
lvl.1
United States

SupCarlos Posted at 11-15 12:02

How can I pm you?
2019-11-16
Use props
fansb2589f87
lvl.1
United States

SupCarlos Posted at 11-15 12:02

Need your help
2019-11-17
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I’ll PM you
2019-11-17
Use props
fansb2589f87
lvl.1
United States

SupCarlos Posted at 11-17 15:59
I’ll PM you

Appreciate it
2019-11-18
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Done, le tme know if you get it
2019-11-18
Use props
fansb2589f87
lvl.1
United States

SupCarlos Posted at 11-18 07:32
Done, le tme know if you get it

I did not sorry
2019-11-18
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That's oddd..
2019-11-18
Use props
fansb2589f87
lvl.1
United States

SupCarlos Posted at 11-18 10:55
That's oddd..

Saturday I was flying my drone over some woods and my battery dropped from 54% to 0% in a matter of seconds. Just contacted DJI and they said there’s nothing they could do because my warranty has already expired.
2019-11-18
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Meaning that you've had your Spark for over a year? Usually they are still able to repair it if you find it..
2019-11-19
Use props
fansb2589f87
lvl.1
United States

Yes had my mavic air for over a year so they said warranty was already up. Flight los clearly show an issue with battery because of the 54% to 0% which clearly wasn’t my fault and they said there’s nothing they could do
2019-11-19
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I would call them, ask them to talk to a manager, explain your situation and ask for a little bit of help.. they may sympathize with you
2019-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules