Mavic Mini loss of signal
34325 50 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
9to5Voyager
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7064364 ft
United States

I don't know about 20 or 30m or anything like that, but I have been getting loss of transmission errors at around the 450-600m range. Which is not bad at all, but it's a far cry from the 2.4km they advertised. To be fair, this has also been in more urban environments (close to downtown Atlanta). Would that affect it?
2020-6-16
Use props
djiuser_30iMR6RM5JvQ
New

United States

I'm having the same problem 200ft straight up and I lose connection. Fortunately auto RTH worked and the drone started coming down for the RC to reconnect. I tried putting my phone and watch in airplane mode but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Also I had my antennas parallel to the ground as per the manual (since I was flying straight up). I just purchased this and am trying to decide if I should return it... I was surprised by this issue since the online reviews I saw seemed to think this had better range than the Mavic air.  I am in a suburb environment with lots of houses with Wi-Fi I'm staying right above my yard). I will try in a different location to see if there is any difference. I have seen my neighbor fly his Mavic Air all around the neighborhood seemingly without a problem...
2020-7-5
Use props
djiuser_Q6ol71YQV9lh
New
Norway

Hi, I have two Dji mini, bought two different places at about 2 months between them  ( haven’t checked the serial numbers) the first drone goes 30meters up before loosing picture…  the newest one has actually made 500m, they behave very differently with signal quality .. both is up to date with firmware…  Dji Oslo where I bought the first one is going radio silent on me.. ignoring the issue …. Answered one mail with the standard treats “ you have to pay it all if its not anything wrong with the drone.. and if it has been crashed etc…. scaring people off)
This is tested one the same spot, with same conditions………
2020-7-6
Use props
Route77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United Kingdom

TECHNOZON Posted at 1-5 08:44
So. Today we tested range. If in area exist one Wi-Fi router on 2.4 Ghz Mavic mini just won't work and dropped connection in 30 metres. If you are in deep area without any points of wifi 2.4 it could work. 500 M alt and around 800 metres.... BUT IF I TURNING ON WI FI POINT IN MY CAR.... ))) MAVIC LOSING CONNECTION. I think this issue wit 1-13 channels in 2.4 range. Mavic 2 pro in the same place and same time on 2.4 rang works ABSOLUTELY FINE. 500 m Alt and 4000-5000 range....

DJI HOW TO FIX MY MINI???? STOP SILENT ABOUT THIS PROBLEM

Open a support ticket if you think something is wrong with your Mini, demanding attention by shouting on the forum, is not the correct avenue for a remedy.

Secondly, the Mini uses Advanced Wi-Fi, the Mavic Pro 2, OccuSync so is a much far advanced in transmission technology.
2020-7-7
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_30iMR6RM5JvQ Posted at 7-5 13:47
I'm having the same problem 200ft straight up and I lose connection. Fortunately auto RTH worked and the drone started coming down for the RC to reconnect. I tried putting my phone and watch in airplane mode but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Also I had my antennas parallel to the ground as per the manual (since I was flying straight up). I just purchased this and am trying to decide if I should return it... I was surprised by this issue since the online reviews I saw seemed to think this had better range than the Mavic air.  I am in a suburb environment with lots of houses with Wi-Fi I'm staying right above my yard). I will try in a different location to see if there is any difference. I have seen my neighbor fly his Mavic Air all around the neighborhood seemingly without a problem...

Flying straight up is not great for the signal, the antenna are in the legs so if you are underneath the drone there will be a very small cross-section pointing downwards towards you (even if you have correctly aligned your controller).
2020-7-7
Use props
Adolfocc
lvl.1

Spain

I have the same problem. Flying in a completely open field and disconnects within 40m
2020-7-9
Use props
shamelessdicent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27060 ft
United States

m80116 Posted at 2-23 13:28
I suggest you check the Transmission folder in the DJI Fly app menu.

You may find that the MM is using a 2.4 GHz when effectively all of them are pretty busy, if not in the immediate surrounding that might happen on the air once clear of the obstacles around.

m80116

It's defaulting to 5.8 Ghz currently. I do check that and it always appears to be on the cleanest channel. I am always keeping LOS as required by FAA (USA), I dont have a variance to do otherwise.  Do you have any recommended wifi analyzer apps?

Thanks
2020-9-9
Use props
shamelessdicent
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_HfB5mAPxSwKi Posted at 6-12 03:46
My mavic mini gets disconnects from the rc at 30m

For me, it seems to be any distance sadly.
2020-9-9
Use props
shamelessdicent
lvl.1
United States

fansbd965d1d Posted at 4-13 23:45
Mine was terrible, can’t fly further than 200-300m away or 130m ascent. I used to think that spark got really bad range but mini is worst! DJI should do something with this matter.

For me unfortunately its not a range issue, seems to happen every flight even if within 10-30m
2020-9-9
Use props
user78d5f46c91
New
Flight distance : 6824 ft
  • >>>
Israel

I am having the same issue of the controller loosing signal with aircraft at 10m (+/-) with a Mavic Mini 2. I am not directly 'below' it. I have had a similar issue with my S10+ flying my mavic pro. I had to switch back to my old S6 and haven't had an issue since. At that time when I purchased the Mavic pro the S10+ wasn't on the 'approved/compatible' device listed with DJI. This was a few years back and the S10+ is a fairly old phone by today's standards, so I am not sure if it is still a phone compatibility issue or what. On my screen the signal is full bars as well.
2020-12-1
Use props
djiuser_w1XCL3LjgtLC
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Our iphone 8+ connected and was fine inside the house for a couple minutes then lost connection at about 15 feet away, 4 ft height.  It refuses to connect again. We’ve shut everything down and brought it all up several times. We are updating the ios from 14.2 to 14.3 right now. My really old iphone se is on 14.3 and works fine with the same mavic mini in the house. Both have an apple watch. The iphone 8+ has been having lte connection issues, admittedly.
2020-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules