Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maihem.rc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-14 11:36
Money is not the issue. I could not care less about the money. Call me old fashioned but when massive numbers of a product are released to consumers they should have been properly tested and should work properly. Not the case here it seems...... Beta Testers all of us

I had intended to buy several Fly More Packages together with some  Ipad mini's for my employees as Christmas Presents but Based on my testing so far and what I have seen it will have to be somthing different this year for them. I am sure it will get sorted but in time for Christmas I think not

I started flying a Phantom 2 Vision+ in 2014.  There has always been a tinge of feeling like a beta tester with products at release from DJI.  And, they have always tried to make them better over time with updates.  Pretty sure a whole lot of us on here probably are not worried about the money. If you've ever been an early adopter of any technology, you would know there are some bugs that need to be worked out.  Have some patience good man.  If it goes for a few months and you are still dissatisfied, rant then.  Get some more flight time in, your outrage is unnecessary. I typically fly more in two flights than you have total and can tell you, that sometimes things just don't work well.  Whether its signal interference, magnetic interference, weather, people chirping in your ear, the battery or iPad that I forgot to charge, or sometimes I wonder about sun spots.  Things just don't work sometimes.
Slow down and enjoy your life dude.  Treat your employees to the fly more packages for Christmas, go fly with them and learn together.   Build your team.
2019-11-15
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

maihem.rc Posted at 11-15 06:49
I started flying a Phantom 2 Vision+ in 2014.  There has always been a tinge of feeling like a beta tester with products at release from DJI.  And, they have always tried to make them better over time with updates.  Pretty sure a whole lot of us on here probably are not worried about the money. If you've ever been an early adopter of any technology, you would know there are some bugs that need to be worked out.  Have some patience good man.  If it goes for a few months and you are still dissatisfied, rant then.  Get some more flight time in, your outrage is unnecessary. I typically fly more in two flights than you have total and can tell you, that sometimes things just don't work well.  Whether its signal interference, magnetic interference, weather, people chirping in your ear, the battery or iPad that I forgot to charge, or sometimes I wonder about sun spots.  Things just don't work sometimes.
Slow down and enjoy your life dude.  Treat your employees to the fly more packages for Christmas, go fly with them and learn together.   Build your team.

Hi all I feel all your frustrations with this new dji product, I'm in my late 60s and let me tell you, I was biggest let me get this new product NOW person, but although I still want new items as soon as possible I now through experience  tend wait a few months till things get resolved, which I'm sure they will.
2019-11-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

maihem.rc Posted at 11-15 06:28
I have to ask if this is your first DJI product that you have purchased at its release?

No I have 9 DJI products and am well aware how poor they are initially please don’t think that just because it is always like this it is somehow ok cos it isnt
2019-11-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

maihem.rc Posted at 11-15 06:37
Much earlier versions of the DJI Go or Go4 app either said nothing or did just tell you about it and let you move on.  But, people still did dumb things that would have regulated these products into non-existence.  Your statement of leaving it up to people to decide how and where to fly is absolutely short sighted and frightening.  I would urge you to think about it.  Pretty sure your opinion would change if you were on one of the flights in the proper flight path of an airport that was interfered with by a drone.
Agreed, that there could be an indoor or very limited outdoor range setting but that is as far as I would go.

So living next to a airfield that only flys Military monster helicopters once in a while needs protecting from my 248g drone do they.

It is quite ridiculous and I assure you I have thought about it

My Mm will not take off in my large garden so it is totally not fit for purpose and has been miss sold

I did not see that mentioned in the sales and marketing bull...

None of the other DJI drones stop you taking off

I suggest you watch 1984 and you might understand
2019-11-15
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-15 08:27
No I have 9 DJI products and am well aware how poor they are initially please don’t think that just because it is always like this it is somehow ok cos it isnt

Do you have an alternative or better product available to you?  If not, maybe you should start your own drone company and do it the way you feel it should be done.  In the mean time, think of something positive in your life and focus on that.
2019-11-15
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-15 08:32
So living next to a airfield that only flys Military monster helicopters once in a while needs protecting from my 248g drone do they.

It is quite ridiculous and I assure you I have thought about it

I actually read Orwell's 1984 well before it became a movie...I do hope you can find reasoning in your head somewhere that understands the exact cavalier attitude you have over the control of your drone is the exact impulse control that they are having to incorporate into products to protect the public at large from those that do harm whether they see it as such or not.  If you are dissatisfied with the well known restrictions for the location you have chosen to live and have apparently regularly disregarded the law regarding flying in that location, perhaps you should move.  With you owning 9 DJI products, if you wanted to enact some change upon them, perhaps you should take your money elsewhere to send your message.
2019-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

maihem.rc Posted at 11-15 10:29
I actually read Orwell's 1984 well before it became a movie...I do hope you can find reasoning in your head somewhere that understands the exact cavalier attitude you have over the control of your drone is the exact impulse control that they are having to incorporate into products to protect the public at large from those that do harm whether they see it as such or not.  If you are dissatisfied with the well known restrictions for the location you have chosen to live and have apparently regularly disregarded the law regarding flying in that location, perhaps you should move.  With you owning 9 DJI products, if you wanted to enact some change upon them, perhaps you should take your money elsewhere to send your message.

You’ll find that the OP finds fault with all dji releases, but seems to be first to beat down the door to get them, maybe it’s not the drones he’s interested in lol
2019-11-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 10:38
You’ll find that the OP finds fault with all dji releases, but seems to be first to beat down the door to get them, maybe it’s not the drones he’s interested in lol

Please correct spelling and repost
2019-11-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

maihem.rc Posted at 11-15 09:03
Do you have an alternative or better product available to you?  If not, maybe you should start your own drone company and do it the way you feel it should be done.  In the mean time, think of something positive in your life and focus on that.

You seem to think you have some sort of right to give me life advice

Well at the age I am and the experiences I have had I have little interest in your advice which incidently is very condescending

As I said before I have no interest in your nonsense

As for flying hours please tell me you don’t think the hours listed here are accurate or represent peoples experience. Just in case you are unaware everything you read in the newspapers is not true
2019-11-16
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-16 00:21
You seem to think you have some sort of right to give me life advice

Well at the age I am and the experiences I have had I have little interest in your advice which incidently is very condescending

Well, since you brought up condescending...you're well versed in it I see as well and is probably the only reason I engaged your pompousness for starters.  May as well throw in entitled and braggadocios.  Yes, I have a right to comment on the ridiculously childish comments you like to make on something that seems to be a lack of effort or understanding of the products a company makes that I happen to enjoy.  If you don't like my replies and the replies of others, put up your keyboard and move on.
I don't care who you are or how much money you make or have stashed away, or really a whole lot about your complete negativity.  I don't expect to have you take any of my advice, you obviously cannot read a room, are bitter and upset over things that better your life but don't do it in a way that you approve of but you still want to have it and still want to go negative on every aspect of it.
I don't think your flying hours has anything to do with actual hours or experience.  But, your comments speak volumes.  In my experience, people going down dark hallways sometimes get out of them when someone points out a different perspective.  Sometimes, they just double down on their negativity and want to share it with the world while playing the victim. I really do hope you find a way out of your dark hallway.
2019-11-18
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 10:38

Yeah, point taken.
2019-11-18
Use props
fans40b390e7
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-14 09:24
Hi, I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini, upon checking the iPad Mini is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly, it may work however we can't guarantee the stability of the said unit. for additional reference I will be posting a link and an image ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) for the compatible devices. Second for the " No Fly Zone " issue, I will be posting a link
( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock ) to the DJI Flysafe department for unlocking request. Thank you.

For the unlocking request do we just pick any drone since the Mavic Mini is not on the list?
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans40b390e7 Posted at 12-6 11:31
For the unlocking request do we just pick any drone since the Mavic Mini is not on the list?

Hi. Thank you for the additional inquiry for the DJI Mavic Mini. For the unlock feature. DJI will be launching a new version of the aircraft firmware and DJI Fly Application in late December to support the said feature for the " No Fly Zone ". Please pay attention to our official announcement or kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com. Please submit the unlocking request at that time. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-12-6
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

It may well be that it will just take a bit of time for DJI to create versions of their software to run on more of the various tablets and phones out there.

I just tried to download the FLY app onto my new Samsung TAB A 8inch, and it pops up and says this app is not compatible with my device, and won't let me even try downloading it.

As with the OP, I'm disappointed.  But the tablet is new, and the drone is new.  Porting a program from one device to another isn't as trivial as people might wish it was.  I'm sure DJI works on supporting the most common and popular devices first, and then works their way down the list to less and less common ones.

Hopefully, they'll keep improving the FLY app and porting it to more devices as time goes on.  This is a very new drone.

Like many others here, I really don't like using my phone for this.  I have a Samsung Note 8, and even with its case off, it really does not fit in the little grippers of the remote control properly.  It does work, though!  

Speaking of which, and not to derail this thread, but when using a tablet that's obviously not going to be held by the RC's arms, how do you guys juggle things?  Are there some store-bought gadgets to adapt the remote controls and tablets to bind them together?  Or are you all home-brewing some sort of racks to accommodate these larger devices?
2019-12-6
Use props
fansbd5c48d6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481995 ft
United States

The IPad Mini DOES fit in the arms - just barely but it does fit. There are aftermarket tablets mounts that will accommodate larger formats.
2019-12-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 11-14 10:00
Did you click the double arrow thing in bottom corner?  When you click on it the app fills the screen up....

No it don't fill the screen it just stretches it. Try it on an iPhone 6S or above and you will see it works properly on those..... On the Ipad it is just stretched or as you say x2. The Ipad and the Newer Iphones are different screen ratios...……… Thats Apple for you
2019-12-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

maihem.rc Posted at 11-15 10:29

Yup moving House because of your drone...… That is a very sensible answer.

You have missed the point completely...……. 0/10 Needs to try harder
2019-12-7
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-7 00:30
Yup moving House because of your drone...… That is a very sensible answer.

You have missed the point completely...……. 0/10 Needs to try harder

Yeah, move your house...you lost the plot there sir.  Took you almost a whole month to come up with that retort?  You can do better...................................................................  or maybe your can't.
2019-12-12
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-7 00:26
No it don't fill the screen it just stretches it. Try it on an iPhone 6S or above and you will see it works properly on those..... On the Ipad it is just stretched or as you say x2. The Ipad and the Newer Iphones are different screen ratios...……… Thats Apple for you

Wow, you have the nerve to splay your daft gramatically pedant self-righteousness to everyone else in this forum and you just typed, "it don't fill the screen."
Heal thyself sir.
2019-12-12
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel this is very simple. And I don't want folks taking me the wrong way. I do feel bad for those affected by the NFZ issue that legitimately have the issue of flying somewhere they should be able to. But some folks here show very little patience and lash out at the very sign of something that doesn't fit their line of thinking. I don't think there is any point in that. DJI has acknowledged the issue, says there is a fix coming down the pipe. If you don't want to wait so you can fly the mavic mini, I see that as a lack of patience. Sell your drone. Otherwise, wait for said fix and be happy. No point in trying to take down the rest of the world. Now if there is something we can help you with, feel free to post about it. Otherwise, I wouldn't expect an response to the tantrums.
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_jvZ8cxDK4fSR
New

Indonesia

djiuser_4mLE2hzACwft Posted at 2019-11-14 11:18
I have to disagree with the post above about compatibility with the Ipad Mini.  This is from the Apple App Store download page for the Fly App -[view_image]

Its confusing.. dji fly show at app store ipad air 2 but in my ipad 6th generation doesnt show in app store.. please fix this problems Dji, we dont have an argument for this.. cause in the fact Dji Fly (in my ipad 6th generation) doesnt available
2020-3-7
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_jvZ8cxDK4fSR Posted at 3-7 03:00
Its confusing.. dji fly show at app store ipad air 2 but in my ipad 6th generation doesnt show in app store.. please fix this problems Dji, we dont have an argument for this.. cause in the fact Dji Fly (in my ipad 6th generation) doesnt available

It's there in my Ipad Pro  app store

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 10.30.03 PM[8328] - Copy.jpg
2020-3-7
Use props
ChriPop
New

United States

Since updating  the iOS on my iPad Pro and my iPad Mini 4, it seems like the video editing tools in the DJI Fly app no longer work properly.  Anyone else seeing experiencing this problem?  The app works alright on my phone.  But would love to still be able to use my iPads for editing video.  Help DJI!  
2020-7-2
Use props
djiuser_nndS2x2RO5h5
New

United States

Ive been researching what apple product to use with the mini 2 being the apple products seem to work better with the dji fly app. The ipad mini 4 seemed perfect in size for watching your drone. Not to big and not small like a phone. Then I heard the ipad mini 4 was not on the compatible list. Some users said it worked great on the ipad mini 4 and some said they didn't get a full screen when using the app. I started to worry since i had my heart set on getting the ipad mini 4. I just went to the Dji site and seen this. ipad mini 4 is compatible and it is now on the list of compatible devices.
2021-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules