Mavic Mini - Aircraft Power Insufficient Warning....
10171 63 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8e299cb6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

Art Vandelay Posted at 2-3 13:31
If you have a spare set, try putting on another complete set of factory props.  That has helped for a lot of people having this issue.  Ultimately, I believe, it will have to be fixed in a firmware update.

Forgot to mention,  changed props too.  It's not the props for sure.   It's either a bug or the battery was designed under powered to save weight.  Either way,  DJI needs to acknowledge it and put an action plan in place!  $600 isn't chump money.
2020-2-3
Use props
fans8e299cb6
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2-3 13:11
Typical 'merican, reach for your lawyer.

Your asinine response doesn't help anyone.   Keep thread on topic.
2020-2-3
Use props
fansd37fe0d3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

Neroangelo Posted at 2019-11-14 14:52
Hi...It is the latest firmware and my android phone (Go 4 works on it!) isn't supported so Ipad Mini 4.

Hello
The first versions of the firmware showed this error message while on S mode. However, I started having this error when I upgraded to firmware .0400 (I haven't had any issues with firmware .0300). Error popped up with all modes.

The error appeared with all my three batteries. I did a downgrade of the firmware and tested indoor without showing any error. I then upgraded and the indoor test showed again the error.

I linked the drone to the computer and refreshed the firmware to .0400 using the DJI Assistant 2. I repeated with all batteries and the controller. After I tested indoor with the 3 batteries and no error came up. Today I tested outdoor with one battery and no error. Tomorrow I will try with the other batteries.
2020-2-3
Use props
fansd37fe0d3
lvl.4
Portugal

This is the Air Data of one of my flights with errors.
20200112_200435.jpg
2020-2-3
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2-3 13:11
Typical 'merican, reach for your lawyer.

It's ironic you'd make such a snide comment about the country that some many of this forum member's are from considering that the only case I've seen where someone actually pursued legal action was that of someone from Australia.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556

And then resorting to insults when someone calls you out for making that snide and off-topic comment? I guess those criminal / antisocial genes still run deep down under, eh, mate?
2020-2-3
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2-3 18:30
Oh dear, another idiot. I don't give a rat's about where anyone is from, but the first reaction to call in the lawyers is stupid, particularly when, as you said, no-one has managed to make a class action work in the US. And as for the guy who went to the VCAT, he was plain lucky in getting any decision anyway.  

The first reaction to a problem is to pursue it with DJI or their representatives, and in many case it has worked very well. But u8nless you try, your not going to get any sort of result.

If there's an idiot here, it's you: you make sweeping generalizations about an entire country and can't make a coherent argument without resorting to insults. You also aren't able to stay on topic (this is a drone forum) but want to go on political rants about heads of state. Clearly you have an anger problem and need to seek professional help.
2020-2-6
Use props
fans8e299cb6
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2-3 18:30
Oh dear, another idiot. I don't give a rat's about where anyone is from, but the first reaction to call in the lawyers is stupid, particularly when, as you said, no-one has managed to make a class action work in the US. And as for the guy who went to the VCAT, he was plain lucky in getting any decision anyway.  

The first reaction to a problem is to pursue it with DJI or their representatives, and in many case it has worked very well. But u8nless you try, your not going to get any sort of result.
The only idiot I see here is you.  Keep thread on topic.  If you have nothing constructive to say,  gtfo.
2020-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l Posted at 2-6 06:43
If there's an idiot here, it's you: you make sweeping generalizations about an entire country and can't make a coherent argument without resorting to insults. You also aren't able to stay on topic (this is a drone forum) but want to go on political rants about heads of state. Clearly you have an anger problem and need to seek professional help.

You started that with a generalised comment about the heritage of Australians. So, it is OK for you to 'make generalisations about an entire country', but not me. STFU. I have seen off more trash than you on this forum, and I will continue to say what I want to say.
2020-2-6
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's not normal. I would seek a replacement unit, contact DJI directly as the unit is still under warranty.
2020-2-6
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2-6 13:17
You started that with a generalised comment about the heritage of Australians. So, it is OK for you to 'make generalisations about an entire country', but not me. STFU. I have seen off more trash than you on this forum, and I will continue to say what I want to say.

Oh, I started it, did I? No, actually you did with a snide comment about Americans; I just turned the tables on you, and clearly you didn't like it, which was the point.

Yes, you can say what you want and so can everyone else, so next time instead of making an asinine comment that reveals you for the bigot that you are maybe think twice. Just some friendly advice.

2020-2-7
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

funny how it's *always* the same 3-4 users on this forum that are getting into conflicts with everyone.....
2020-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans8e299cb6 Posted at 2-3 13:09
Same problem here!  At about 30%-40% battery,  it starts to complain about insufficient power and refuses to move more than 2-4mph and starts to drop in altitude.   There is NO WIND, no prop guards, happens regardless of what mode S/C/P.  I'm on latest firmware.  It's almost as if the battery doesn't provide enough power to keep the MM airborne.   Is there a solution or is a class action lawsuit appropriate?  

This ridiculous. As every time I fly,  my palms are sweaty from the suspense.....

Regardless of what who said about who and the token upstart above trying to continue to throw the topic off, while contributing nothing only trying to Ryle people.

You said class action, but you have also made yourself exempt from any class action against dji when you signed in and activated your drone, it’s all there warts and all in the small print.

So it doesn’t matter what religion your from ;+) you’ve signed your right away as regards class action.

I will say that post # 53 is just trying to ignite something to get out of control, it seems he’s trolling the Mavic forum with the same BS to stoke the fire, I think they call it all mouth and no trousers .
2020-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans8e299cb6 Posted at 2-3 13:09
Same problem here!  At about 30%-40% battery,  it starts to complain about insufficient power and refuses to move more than 2-4mph and starts to drop in altitude.   There is NO WIND, no prop guards, happens regardless of what mode S/C/P.  I'm on latest firmware.  It's almost as if the battery doesn't provide enough power to keep the MM airborne.   Is there a solution or is a class action lawsuit appropriate?  

This ridiculous. As every time I fly,  my palms are sweaty from the suspense.....

The false negative warning has disappeared in last FW, and that is correct and in the FW notes, however can you post log showing this and maybe some screenshots, this could be an actual warning and something wrong with your drone.

Really it’s best if you use phantom help to upload log .
2020-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansd37fe0d3 Posted at 2-3 15:07
This is the Air Data of one of my flights with errors.

That is not correct contact Airdata about that, I can show same if I load log to Airdata , but I get no warning when flying .
2020-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l Posted at 2-3 16:19
It's ironic you'd make such a snide comment about the country that some many of this forum member's are from considering that the only case I've seen where someone actually pursued legal action was that of someone from Australia.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=190403&extra=page%3D3%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D556%26typeid%3D556

What you post is not strictly true, you will get many posts claiming to take class action, and while it might not suit your argument they all come from the US, could be because many countries don’t have class action suits available to them .
2020-2-7
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 2-7 08:49
That is not correct contact Airdata about that, I can show same if I load log to Airdata , but I get no warning when flying .

I had those warnings during all flights. I saw and they appeared on Air Data log.

I downgraded to firmware 0.300 and no warning on screen and on Air Data log. Then I upgrade to .0400 and the warnings come again. Next step was to refresh firmware on the drone to .0400 with all three batteries (refreshed one at a time) and on the controller using the DJI Assistant 2.

All test indoor without warnings. Tested on a short flight outdoor without warnings.

Then I went to the park where I usually fly and tested on C, P and S modes, curves, up and down with the three batteries for over 43 minutes of flying time without any warning.

To get confident that the problem is solved and to be able to allow the MM longer flights I will perform more tests as soon as possible.
2020-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

amferreira Posted at 2-7 09:02
I had those warnings during all flights. I saw and they appeared on Air Data log.

I downgraded to firmware 0.300 and no warning on screen and on Air Data log. Then I upgrade to .0400 and the warnings come again. Next step was to refresh firmware on the drone to .0400 with all three batteries (refreshed one at a time) and on the controller using the DJI Assistant 2.

All I know is I get no warnings and I have everything up to date, for me on .300 I received it regularly but had no effect on my mini, it still has no effect.

Being used to dji firmware I can tell you with some certainty that if FW is not correctly updated then you will get similar happening, and I know nobody has ever updated incorrectly who would be so foolish, but that is what happens in most cases, so let’s blame it on dji ;+)::::
If FW is refreshed this usually takes care of a lot of problems if not they’re are channels you can go through to get it sorted.
2020-2-7
Use props
Hologram
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75751 ft
United States

Would you two knock it off and stop fighting?  Please?
2020-2-7
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2-7 18:52
Ah yes, that's true, I began with the comment about reaching for your lawyer. Yeah. Well, suck it up princess, it will probably happen again.

It's fascinating that you had forgotten that you started this, but I respect your willingness to admit it when reminded. And as for it happening again, I understand completely: you have a contemptuous view of Americans and lack the decorum or self-control (or both) that would cause you to stay on topic and not reveal that fact. That's fine, but just remember what I said about what's good for the goose and understand that from the perspective of some others you're throwing stones from inside a glass house. In the meantime, cheers, mate!
2020-2-8
Use props
fans8e299cb6
Second Officer
United States

I sent mine in to DJI and they returned it saying there is nothing wrong with it.  I told them the problem is random and doesn't happen all the time but they just calibrated the IMU and compass and shipped it back.  I don't think they even looked at the flight logs I posted.  At any rate, I'm going to cut my losses and return it to Best Buy where they said they'll take it back if I pay the $75 restocking fee.  My experience with DJI support on this has been abysmal and I will evaluate if I buy anything from these guys again.  Too bad the Mavic Mini didn't work out for me.
2020-3-11
Use props
djiuser_q2pxnlIryN6w
lvl.2
Flight distance : 673 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_jahSanJSBkqG Posted at 2019-11-30 03:13
Hi, this was happening to me just before the drone dropped off the side of a hill and didn't have enough power to return to home making the drone unrecoverable . Conveniently the errors are not recorded in the flight log so DJI refuses to honour warranty. This was a brand new mini on second flight with barely any wind. Absolute scam company and I suggest you all return ur mini or fly no higher than 10m

It was your fault ' you knew your mini was having issues and you kept flying it . If my mini was dropping randomly out of the sky I'd definitely not fly it until I figured out why.
2020-4-19
Use props
djiuser_EAdmblaU52Cz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 841923 ft
United States

My mavic mini did the dreaded unintentional descent into a lake. I now learned that the reason they fail were because the case that it came with distorts the props and causes this. I am outraged! Since my warranty is over I am simply screwed. This should be illegal.
2022-1-12
Use props
djiuser_rkvCjj0T8Bwg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57191280 ft
Canada

How many charges does the battery have?
2022-1-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_EAdmblaU52Cz Posted at 1-12 19:23
My mavic mini did the dreaded unintentional descent into a lake. I now learned that the reason they fail were because the case that it came with distorts the props and causes this. I am outraged! Since my warranty is over I am simply screwed. This should be illegal.

Are you saying that with 125187ft on your profile you were unaware of the potential problem and the various solutions that have been on the internet for the majority of the life of the Mavic Mini?
2022-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules