9543 23 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
psitech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19715 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just took my Mavic Mini out of the box, turned it on... it went through it's gimbal self check and then immediately started shaking rapidly left to right.  I updated the firmware hoping that would help, but it didn't.  Also rebooted both the controller and the mini (removed the battery as well).  Still does the same thing... shakes rappidly left and right after it's gimbal pre check sequence.  Any ideas?
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble your DJI Mavic Mini has caused, When you are encountering this issue on the said unit, did you noticed any error message on the DJI Fly? I would recommend please try to do a Gimbal Calibration to isolate the issue. Thank you.
2019-11-14
Use props
psitech
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Update: Tried gimbal calibration and it doesn't go beyond 10%.  Doesn't shake during calibration, but as I said, it's also not finishing calibration.
2019-11-14
Use props
psitech
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It's giving a vision sensor error and says to contact DJI support for assistance, but I assume that's because it's sitting on my desk.  Also, I'm about 10 mins into doing a gimbal calibration and it's not going beyond 10%.
2019-11-14
Use props
psitech
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Uploaded a video of the problem
2019-11-14
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

I think that will give you shaky footage....
2019-11-14
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

psitech Posted at 11-14 17:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g92AxyWIxmE

It would be great for mixing paint.

I'm just attempting humour to ease the pain.
2019-11-15
Use props
yorkie9668
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268248 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Might sound daft but does it still do it on a clear fixed colour desk, just wonder if the see through clear glass is bouncing the signals back from the 2 sensors? Hope you have it sorted
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_3fWHDqU8KKeL
New
United States

Hey PSItech, I am having the same issue.....RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.  Have to wait till Monday to contact support, any fixes yet?
2019-11-23
Use props
djiuser_3fWHDqU8KKeL
New
United States

My gimbal acts like a "paint shaker at Home Depot" as well, hopefully someone can help with a fix, I would like to fly it at some point since its 10 minutes old.
2019-11-23
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

psitech Posted at 11-14 17:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g92AxyWIxmE

Wow, never seen anything like that Hope you get it sorted out soon...
2019-11-23
Use props
Smuzzy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue, was this ever resolved?
2019-12-12
Use props
swiftwindwalker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177697 ft
United Kingdom

It could be the result of a bad compass calibration. It needs to be carried out in an magnetically uncontaminated environment. At home is not a good idea. Outside in an open field is best.
2019-12-12
Use props
fanscea342c4
New
Germany

I have the same issue, only that mine does it up and down. Support already contacted at 14:00. At the moment I am waiting for a response for a shipping address to the RMA facility.
2019-12-12
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Wow really? Im sorry for the guys affected, polease report back if this gets solve for you or just had to send for repair...
It made me laugh though is like a heavy metal head, if you could add a small wig it would look awsome.
I would do like some mention, take it somewhere with no metal around, do the whole calibration of everything, IMU, compass, gimbal, check for updates.
Hope you guys get it sorted asap.
2019-12-12
Use props
Sneaky
New
Poland

After a terrible crash I'm experiencing the same problem, took the drone apart double checked the connection inside.
no success.
2020-1-12
Use props
TomQ
lvl.1

Canada

any solution for this? I just received mine and also have the same problem...

I did whatever i can and the gimbal still shakes like crazy.....
2020-4-26
Use props
psitech
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TomQ Posted at 4-26 14:46
any solution for this? I just received mine and also have the same problem...

I did whatever i can and the gimbal still shakes like crazy.....

Sorry to say that I found no solution from troubleshooting.  The vendor which I purchased the drone (B&H Photo) replaced it.  The new one had no problems.  
2020-4-26
Use props
TomQ
lvl.1

Canada

psitech Posted at 4-26 15:16
Sorry to say that I found no solution from troubleshooting.  The vendor which I purchased the drone (B&H Photo) replaced it.  The new one had no problems.

Thank you, I will go exchange mine tomorrow.
2020-4-26
Use props
alphabet25
New

United States

I have the exact same issue right out of the box! Any fix yet?
2020-5-18
Use props
psitech
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'd recommend checking with DJI support or the vendor you bought the drone from.  Mine was replaced.  There was no fix.
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_QGY15nRe0dPF
New

United States

Found a fix for the Mavic Mini & Mini 2 gimbal "super shake". I've had the Mini 2 for about a week with no more than about 6 flights. Today, after powering it on, it gave me a "downward facing sensor error" and started shaking the gimbal uncontrollably. Up down, left and right, the camera/gimbal had a mind of its own and looked like a Home Depot paint shaker. I tried everything from restarting the drone, the controller, the app including my actual tablet. Also tried doing multiple gimbal recalibrations inside the app to no avail. It just stopped at 10% calibration. Yes, I do have the latest firmware. So as instructed, I opened up an online service request and was instructed to send the Mini 2 back to tech support. But just as a test, I tried powering up the Mini 2 while holding it about a foot off the ground. Presto!! it worked fine, no gimbal shake and no "downward vision sensor error" message. So far so good. So if anyone has this same issue, try powering your Mavic Mini or Mini 2 while holding it about 12 inches off any surface and hopefully this will sort out any of these issues.
2020-11-16
Use props
Scarves UP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

djiuser_QGY15nRe0dPF Posted at 11-16 16:07
Found a fix for the Mavic Mini & Mini 2 gimbal "super shake". I've had the Mini 2 for about a week with no more than about 6 flights. Today, after powering it on, it gave me a "downward facing sensor error" and started shaking the gimbal uncontrollably. Up down, left and right, the camera/gimbal had a mind of its own and looked like a Home Depot paint shaker. I tried everything from restarting the drone, the controller, the app including my actual tablet. Also tried doing multiple gimbal recalibrations inside the app to no avail. It just stopped at 10% calibration. Yes, I do have the latest firmware. So as instructed, I opened up an online service request and was instructed to send the Mini 2 back to tech support. But just as a test, I tried powering up the Mini 2 while holding it about a foot off the ground. Presto!! it worked fine, no gimbal shake and no "downward vision sensor error" message. So far so good. So if anyone has this same issue, try powering your Mavic Mini or Mini 2 while holding it about 12 inches off any surface and hopefully this will sort out any of these issues.

Dont have the issue, but
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_RV7TMtHyhZPB
New

Croatia

Dude thank you so much, you just saved my ass after crashing my drone having it for 5 mins
2020-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules