When will DJI provide US customs with the required documentation?
12Next >
4429 55 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ramacher
lvl.2

United States

Like others my Mavic Mini order is experiencing a clearance delay at customs in Anchorage Alaska. I called FedEx this morning and the agent notified me that the shipper (DJI) needs to provide an Anti-Dumping Form. The agent also mentioned that customs is trying to reach DJI and has not got a response back. I contacted DJI via chat and was told the logistics department is aware and is taking care of it. I was also told that my original ship date was 12/04 as if I should be happy it's even made it to customs :/.  

I contacted FedEx about an hour ago and was told it's still with customs and the required documentation has yet to be provided by DJI. Furthermore, even if it does clear customs  tomorrow I won't be receiving until Monday or Tuesday since it's being shipped under weekday delivery only. This is completely unacceptable for an established company like DJI. If it was a small company that is new to intonational shipping and import/expert I would understand but this is inexcusable.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ramacher, you have our sincere apologies for the clearance delay and the inconvenience caused. We managed to get the order number via your Forum account and are verifying with the related team about the specific situation. We will come back to you immediately once we get any update, appreciate your patience.
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_LhyFOc0Js6uy
New

United States

Another DJI flop in Memphis if it's any consolation.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Update: the package has been released at customs, there is a little delay on the FedEx website, please don't worry, hope the package will arrive as soon as possible.
2019-11-14
Use props
Ramacher
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-14 20:12
Update: the package has been released at customs, there is a little delay on the FedEx website, please don't worry, hope the package will arrive as soon as possible.

Thank you for looking into and confirming it's release from customs.
2019-11-14
Use props
oldtar
lvl.1
United States

I am in the same situation. apparently mine has been sitting in Anchorage for two days
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ramacher Posted at 11-14 23:17
Thank you for looking into and confirming it's release from customs.

You are welcome, appreciate your understanding.
2019-11-15
Use props
cwells
lvl.1

United States

Okay, this begins the third day mine is held in customs in Alaska. What is going on?
2019-11-15
Use props
Flurginator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904367 ft
  • >>>
United States

FedEx blames DJI, DJI says we are looking into it. I paid$49 for the Select program for expedited shipping. Fraud
2019-11-15
Use props
cwells
lvl.1

United States

It's now the end of the day, still being held.  The hold started at 9:26pm Wednesday.

2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

cwells Posted at 11-15 14:45
It's now the end of the day, still being held.  The hold started at 9:26pm Wednesday.

Hi cwells, sorry to keep you waiting, the shipment has been updated, the package has departed FedEx location in Alaska, hope you will receive it soon. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flurginator Posted at 11-15 07:55
FedEx blames DJI, DJI says we are looking into it. I paid$49 for the Select program for expedited shipping. Fraud

Hi Flurginator, it is normal that it usually takes 1-2 days for the clearance, the shipment has been updated,  please check and hope it will arrive soon, thanks for your understanding and patience.
2019-11-15
Use props
Flurginator
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-15 19:43
Hi Flurginator, it is normal that it usually takes 1-2 days for the clearance, the shipment has been updated,  please check and hope it will arrive soon, thanks for your understanding and patience.

The amount of BS I was told concerning this shipment would pile into a large mountain.
2019-11-16
Use props
Flurginator
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI has had similar problems with past shipments. I thought purchasing the Select program would resolve them. It didn't and I am out $49.
2019-11-16
Use props
cwells
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-15 19:40
Hi cwells, sorry to keep you waiting, the shipment has been updated, the package has departed FedEx location in Alaska, hope you will receive it soon. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks, I see that.
2019-11-16
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are a TON of dissatisfied customers with how this company handled shipping. what a mess.
2019-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SupCarlos Posted at 11-20 05:39
There are a TON of dissatisfied customers with how this company handled shipping. what a mess.

As I explained above and in other threads, it is normal that it takes time for the clearance, and we are always here to help if there is any problem, please do not repeat the same post in many threads, thank you.
2019-11-20
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mindy,

There is nothing wrong with my posts. It's purely my opinion. If you don't like it, tough.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flurginator Posted at 11-16 06:13
DJI has had similar problems with past shipments. I thought purchasing the Select program would resolve them. It didn't and I am out $49.

Currently, prioritized shipping is only available for select products as the stock level for new products and accessories is not always guaranteed. It has other benefits.
The drone has been received, hope you have a good time on flying.
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_Q5lzOdopoJpP
New

United States

I'm on day 2 of being stuck in Memphis customs
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Q5lzOdopoJpP Posted at 6-22 17:12
I'm on day 2 of being stuck in Memphis customs

Hi there, upon checking your order, it is on a regular customs clearance process, there might be a little delay affected by the COVID-19, we appreciate your understanding and patience.
2020-6-23
Use props
fansd000ca56
New

United States

I am going on 48 hours in Memphis waiting on clearance. This is after sitting in China waiting for a plane for 5 days. Pretty frustrating shipping process.
2020-6-27
Use props
fanse140413c
lvl.1
United States

fansd000ca56 Posted at 6-27 13:20
I am going on 48 hours in Memphis waiting on clearance. This is after sitting in China waiting for a plane for 5 days. Pretty frustrating shipping process.

If yours goes like mine did in Memphis - DJI did not provide the proper information on the customs forms. BACK TO CHINA it went.
2020-6-27
Use props
larrythephotoguy
lvl.1
United States

looks like I'm in the same boat

Thursday , 7/02/20205:54 am SENNAN-SHI JP
In transit

Wednesday , 7/01/20207:51 pm MEMPHIS, TN
Clearance delay - Import
2020-7-2
Use props
wshinn
New
United States

I have the same problem. Reading other posts - it looks like DJI just covers their ass by saying the problem has been escalated.

I was on customer support and they acted like everything was ok and it still scheduled to come. Being that the company makes billions of dollars, you would expect higher standards. There’s really no excuse for poor logistics. You can blame COVID all you want, but this is a blatant problem that has been happening beyond the pandemic.
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wshinn Posted at 7-9 01:33
I have the same problem. Reading other posts - it looks like DJI just covers their ass by saying the problem has been escalated.

I was on customer support and they acted like everything was ok and it still scheduled to come. Being that the company makes billions of dollars, you would expect higher standards. There’s really no excuse for poor logistics. You can blame COVID all you want, but this is a blatant problem that has been happening beyond the pandemic.

Hi wshinn, we are so sorry for the clearance delay, our logistics team has contacted the related team to handle it urgently, it will be updated soon, apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_CXKVapude2iQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41598 ft
United States

my order is stuck in Memphis in customs.  fedex said that DJI did not send the appropriate paperwork.  DJI chat says someone from Logistics will follow-up with me.  Order was scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday and now I wont have it until the earliest Monday.  in this situation, I think that DJI should pay to have it delivered on Saturday or Sunday.  it is not right that I spend $1000+ and customer service is no help.  DJI does not seem to care for my business.
2020-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_CXKVapude2iQ Posted at 7-9 16:33
my order is stuck in Memphis in customs.  fedex said that DJI did not send the appropriate paperwork.  DJI chat says someone from Logistics will follow-up with me.  Order was scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday and now I wont have it until the earliest Monday.  in this situation, I think that DJI should pay to have it delivered on Saturday or Sunday.  it is not right that I spend $1000+ and customer service is no help.  DJI does not seem to care for my business.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have managed to get your order number via your forum account, it has been forwarded to our logistics team, our team will contact the FEDEX to solve the clearance issue asap. Thanks for your patience, I hope you will receive it soon.
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_FRfiBuxK2pbR
New
Flight distance : 45318 ft
United States

My drone is also stuck in customs in Memphis TN. This is ridiculous. I’m seriously considering stopping payment on my order and going with a competitor.  My order number is 0015987518003. FEDEX is saying: “Manufacturer name and address or manufacturer identification code (MID) for each commodity required.Recommended action: Shipper or Importer must provide manufacturer name and address or manufacturer identification code (MID).” My tracking number is 0015987518003.

Please advise.
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_CXKVapude2iQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41598 ft
United States

I am so disgusted with DJI's customer service.  they do not care about their customer's at all.  They told me i would get a $10 credit for my issues.  They never gave it and instead said i already got a credit since i used a $10 referral credit!!  i spent $1000+ dollars and they offer a credit of $10.  That is less than 1%.  it is a joke and sad that they feel $10 should make everything better.  
i do not have a problem with extra shipping time, since many vendors are experiencing a delay.  I am frustrated because FEDEX explained to me on 2 different occasions that this was a mess-up by DOJ logistics not sending the right paper work.
i needed to have this for my kid's birthday and it arrived 5 days late.  That is not acceptable.  And i had to purchase another gift in the meantime!
i was waiting to post my online reviews pending to see how customer service would respond and now i see the answer.   as much as they say they apologize, they really just don't care.  A $10 credit is not acceptable (and i didn't even get that).
With enough negative public reviews, which i am getting ready to write shortly, their business will suffer and only then will they begin to appreciate their customers!!!
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_CXKVapude2iQ Posted at 7-15 15:36
I am so disgusted with DJI's customer service.  they do not care about their customer's at all.  They told me i would get a $10 credit for my issues.  They never gave it and instead said i already got a credit since i used a $10 referral credit!!  i spent $1000+ dollars and they offer a credit of $10.  That is less than 1%.  it is a joke and sad that they feel $10 should make everything better.  
i do not have a problem with extra shipping time, since many vendors are experiencing a delay.  I am frustrated because FEDEX explained to me on 2 different occasions that this was a mess-up by DOJ logistics not sending the right paper work.
i needed to have this for my kid's birthday and it arrived 5 days late.  That is not acceptable.  And i had to purchase another gift in the meantime!

I understand your frustration and sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, I will escalate your request to the appropriate team for further suggestion. I will come back to you as soon as possible.
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_FRfiBuxK2pbR Posted at 7-15 06:21
My drone is also stuck in customs in Memphis TN. This is ridiculous. I’m seriously considering stopping payment on my order and going with a competitor.  My order number is 0015987518003. FEDEX is saying: “Manufacturer name and address or manufacturer identification code (MID) for each commodity required.Recommended action: Shipper or Importer must provide manufacturer name and address or manufacturer identification code (MID).” My tracking number is 0015987518003.

Please advise.

Hi there, sorry for the shipment delay, our team is coordinating with the customs to handle it urgently, the required information has been provided and it shall be updated soon. Please wait for the update on the FedEx website, we will also keep an eye on it, thank you.
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_dlTvQ4UfRIVG
lvl.1

United States

the same story, I ordered as a gift, the website said delivery to Alaska would take 2-3 business days. I was absolutely sure that my drone would come to me from a warehouse in the USA, but no, it came from China and got stuck at customs. Why don't they warn? Before that, I bought this drone on amazon, and sent it back, because they sent me a used drone, it was broken, and without a vacuum seal. What is happening with the service in the USA?!
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_dlTvQ4UfRIVG Posted at 12-28 21:14
the same story, I ordered as a gift, the website said delivery to Alaska would take 2-3 business days. I was absolutely sure that my drone would come to me from a warehouse in the USA, but no, it came from China and got stuck at customs. Why don't they warn? Before that, I bought this drone on amazon, and sent it back, because they sent me a used drone, it was broken, and without a vacuum seal. What is happening with the service in the USA?!

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We managed to find your order number through your forum account. We will confirm this issue with the corresponding team and keep you updated.
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_dlTvQ4UfRIVG
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-28 22:06
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We managed to find your order number through your forum account. We will confirm this issue with the corresponding team and keep you updated.

What's the point of this? some person called me today, started telling me something about what I have to provide to Fedex, my SSN number! Why is this at all? How is shipping related to my insurance number?! I work for Fedex, and I know perfectly well what is done and how. I think it makes sense to cancel the order.
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_dlTvQ4UfRIVG Posted at 12-29 19:50
What's the point of this? some person called me today, started telling me something about what I have to provide to Fedex, my SSN number! Why is this at all? How is shipping related to my insurance number?! I work for Fedex, and I know perfectly well what is done and how. I think it makes sense to cancel the order.

Please rest assured that as our team explained in the email, the information is only needed for customs clearance. We notice that you've contacted our team for cancelling the order. May I confirm if you still want to cancel the order?
2022-12-30
Use props
djiuser_dlTvQ4UfRIVG
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-30 22:30
Please rest assured that as our team explained in the email, the information is only needed for customs clearance. We notice that you've contacted our team for cancelling the order. May I confirm if you still want to cancel the order?

Already canceled and ordered an analogue from your competitor. Happiness and love to you.
2022-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_dlTvQ4UfRIVG Posted at 12-31 21:26
Already canceled and ordered an analogue from your competitor. Happiness and love to you.

We are sorry to know about this. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_dlTvQ4UfRIVG
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2022-12-31 23:21
We are sorry to know about this. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

I'm about a refund, I canceled the order 0012120285061-A0. The review process will be completed within 2 working days. More than 2 working days have passed, but I do not see any notifications from you. In addition, I'm going to cancel the transaction through the bank, which of course will entail an investigation of your actions in relation to customers.
The bank will definitely see that your company withholds clients' money for no apparent reason, and, among other things, does not respond in any way to a request for a refund.

When I ordered the goods, it was written on the site that delivery was 2-3 days to the state of Alaska, as it turned out, this was a lie. The goods were sent from China, and you knew in advance that the package would get stuck at customs, sent it without consulting me, which already indicates a low level of your work. After all, I saw the promise of delivery in 2-3 days, and I hoped to receive the drone by Christmas,
but your company only sent me apologies and nothing more. Then I hoped to receive my order by the new year, and again the company did nothing. Now the comeback story begins and I read the apology again. But fortunately, everything is simpler here, I can cancel the transaction. So the decision is yours
or finally sink to the bottom in the eyes of customers, or still somehow show decency.
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_dlTvQ4UfRIVG Posted at 1-5 18:10
I'm about a refund, I canceled the order 0012120285061-A0. The review process will be completed within 2 working days. More than 2 working days have passed, but I do not see any notifications from you. In addition, I'm going to cancel the transaction through the bank, which of course will entail an investigation of your actions in relation to customers.
The bank will definitely see that your company withholds clients' money for no apparent reason, and, among other things, does not respond in any way to a request for a refund.

I'm terribly sorry to read about this feedback and for any inconvenience caused. We understand what you are feeling and this is not the experience we want you to have. Please rest assured that we'll have this concern and feedback forwarded to our corresponding team for further checking and follow-up. Thank you for your patience.
2023-1-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules