8031 164 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hover-Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2425 ft
United Kingdom

RedWolf18 Posted at 11-15 12:52
A DJI Mavic 2 Pro pilot was stabbed just a few months ago in the UK for his drone. Basically a bunch of thugs came across the pilot in a field just by chance. They stabbed him in the stomach and back, then proceeded to steal his drone. Thankfully the guy lived, albeit he is still recovering. So now DJI will be giving the tools to the criminals, thugs and robbers so they can target a drone flyer location for their expensive drones. I for one will drop DJI like a stone once they publish pilot location detection. Even DJI must know it will destroy their name, so what are they really up to?

Do you have any more information of this as a quick tral of the net shows nothing.

cheers and regards
2019-12-2
Use props
Hover-Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2425 ft
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-14 20:13
This is a TERRIBLE idea that reminds me of what happened in Florida a while back with window barcodes on rental cars.  Thieves quickly picked up on the easy marks... tourists with fat wallets & cars loaded with stuff.  Didn't take long to figure out the criminals used the rental bar codes to tag their marks.

We fly, often secluded & alone in isolated or remote locations, focused on our drone.  DJI decides it's a good idea to broadcast the pilot's location to anyone with a cell phone.  What could possibly go wrong?   Soon there will be groups of thieves zeroing in on unsuspecting pilots, ready to relieve them of their excess baggage, wallets, vehicles, maybe their lives.  Lead straight to their quarry thanks to DJI!  

Dronestalking and Dronejacking will enter the English language. Commercial pilots tend to go out with a lot of ancillary camera kit , quite the lucrative catch/haul.
2019-12-2
Use props
Corkyboy14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294114 ft
Saint Helena

I agree with Dirty Bird, but the fact of the matter is, those of us who live by the rules, regulations and saftey, there are others out there that don't like doing by the rules.
2019-12-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-28 22:27
Have you found proper way to contact FAA on Remote ID?  (Thanks in advance)

FAA's web page on public input for Remote ID is typical bureaucratic wild goose chase.

HedgeTrimmer - "Have you found proper way to contact FAA on Remote ID?  (Thanks in advance)"

Several searches FAA's website for a way to provide input for, public comment on, Remote ID; kept coming up with nothing.
Asking around, no one came up with a FAA link for public comment.  

Reading FAA's website on Remote ID, it became obvious FAA was not yet taking input, ready for public comment, on Remote ID.

Calling FAA was complete waste of time.  There was no Robotic Menu to get to a Live person to ask about providing input, public comments.
After more FAA website searching, came across a Link for contacting FAA via their messaging.  Wrote up my Remote ID concerns, and sent them.

What I got back was, FAA at this time has not finished work on Remote ID, and is not ready for Public Comment.  When FAA is done, FAA will issue a NPRM (notice of proposed rulemaking).  When FAA is ready for public comment on Remote ID, it will appear here: Recently Published Rulemaking Documents

Being FAA is still working on Remote ID Rulemaking document at this time, contacting FAA in regards to Remote ID is pointless.

2019-12-3
Use props
djiuser_RZKOx68fX1iO
lvl.2

United States

Toedles Posted at 11-14 20:42
Parrot Anafi comes to mind for me....

Me, too...or Sky Dio. Problem is, I bought a MM and it is just a paperweight...maybe with this development, I can be thankful for that.
2019-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules