7744 8 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnyMac41
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

A buddy and I both purchased Minis on Monday.

The problem is, he lives near Class B airspace and the software will not allow his Mini to even fly. He is trying to get it to even start up, but the software is blocking him from doing so.

Apparently it has to do with the Fly Safe software. He contacted DJI and they told him it could not be overcome on the Mini, that the DJI Fly app does not allow ATTI mode.

Any suggestions?
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Unfortunately many are experiencing the same issue, only thing would be to use an app and travel to a fly safe area.
2019-11-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Atti mode is also not supported on the Mavic Pro, but you can trick it -

2019-11-15
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I'd place good money on ATTI-mode never being available to DJI's consumer-level drones -- constant ATTI-mode feature requests over the last few years have fallen on deaf ears. This is actually a different issue than geofencing, which is what your buddy is running up against -- there's no reason why one can't have both ATTI-Mode AND geofencing, but here we are. When I lived in the Washington, DC area I had to drive 15 miles to be able to fly my original Mavic Pro. Condolences to your buddy.
2019-11-15
Use props
zephiruspt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913 ft
Portugal

If you're talking about the fact that you can't unlock the zone, I think someone in this forum was told that it will be possible later December
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the problem with the Mavic Mini. The restricted areas can be unlocked using the self unlocking if the location would be under Authorization Zone. https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock However, if the area would be restricted zone, this would requires you sending an email to flysafe@dji.com for possible unlocking. Moreover, you may check the link below to see the level of the restriction. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-11-15
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 08:38
Hi, we're sorry to know about the problem with the Mavic Mini. The restricted areas can be unlocked using the self unlocking if the location would be under Authorization Zone. https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock However, if the area would be restricted zone, this would requires you sending an email to  for possible unlocking. Moreover, you may check the link below to see the level of the restriction. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

Thank you for the info, but this is incorrect-unless you have new info? I was emailed back from the Fly Safe staff that authorization zones can not be unlocked until an update due out the end of December.
2019-11-15
Use props
zephiruspt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913 ft
Portugal

I also can't unlock Authorization area. I can't fly  until this is fixed.
UPDATE: btw, I'm even unable to do it inside my house because of that.
2019-11-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

this is a debate that's been going on forever.  to me it makes no sense why you cant fly a drone at-least within VPS range (like 30 feet up) and 300 feet around you.  like what ircraft are you going to interfere with at this rate?  

also.. cant wait for the first mavic mini kill itself cuz of a TFR going into effect suddenly or a very delayed realization that there is a NFZ being breached. this happens occasionally on other aircraft because DJi for reasons only make sense to DJI decide if drone somehow breaks threw a Geofence area even if its issue of it trailing into effect after it has flown in, they autoland you.  dji gives you 30 seconds warning and then initiates auto landing with no ability to counter it. only fly forward once initiates it.
2019-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules