dji fly app moto g5 compat
9718 13 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
highflydji
lvl.3
Poland

Why can't I install DJI FLY on Moto G5? It's android 8.1 and supports 64bit apps. I ordered mavic mini and it's ready to pick up from the store, but I can't install your app. What happened here? What are the requirements for app? Please tell me details or explain why old samsung from 2014 is supported but newer phones arent.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. There are lots of mobile devices that have been released in the market past month or years and even in the future. We understand the needs of our customers when choosing the device and we would like to explore more devices for compatibility test. Nonetheless, we're doing our best to discover further devices that can be paired with our Mavic mini and DJI Fly app to provide further options to our customers when choosing the device.

Actually, using a different mobile device that is not included on our list doesn't mean that it would not work with our application. There's a possibility that the application may run smoothly without any problem due to the capability of the phone, however, since the phone hasn't been tried by our designated department, we couldn't guarantee if it would remain stable and will not encounter a problem. Therefore, the behavior of the app may change especially if there will an update. You may refer to the screenshot for our recommended devices. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support!
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_Lrfrf0pBFqcu
New

United States

You would think that a drone marketed as being a budget drone would also be compatible with phones that are.. Ya know.. Budget phones. Motorola is a popular brand, and mine meets all the basic requirements. But I'm not able to even use the Mavic mini I just bought.

Recommending that a user simply get another 'compatible' phone is crazy and I see now why dji's reputation is what it is in terms of customer service.
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_9ZfpckBI7xa7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

The problem seems to be, that developers compiled app only with more recent arm64v8a instructions set and not older widely uaed arm64v7a... I just found out, that I can't use mavic mini either, every single other app can be installed, but not a Dji fly... Disappointing - hopefully developers will compile a version of app with older data sets, because I can see this as a major deal breaker for the target market... "Oh you wanted a budget drone? But you will need to replace that 1year old medium-end phone with a flagship one, if you want to use your Mavic mini" - that's nuts.
2019-11-16
Use props
djiuser_f1qEQatHsKbC
lvl.2

Portugal

djiuser_9ZfpckBI7xa7 Posted at 11-16 01:02
The problem seems to be, that developers compiled app only with more recent arm64v8a instructions set and not older widely uaed arm64v7a... I just found out, that I can't use mavic mini either, every single other app can be installed, but not a Dji fly... Disappointing - hopefully developers will compile a version of app with older data sets, because I can see this as a major deal breaker for the target market... "Oh you wanted a budget drone? But you will need to replace that 1year old medium-end phone with a flagship one, if you want to use your Mavic mini" - that's nuts.

Agreed, it's crazy to have to replace my perfectly good 18-month old mid-range phone with something costing €200 or more (that's about the cheapest of the compatible phones, most are a lot more than that). My Mini is going back until such time DJI make an app that's compatible with my phone, or until I'm ready to upgrade the phone.
2019-11-16
Use props
DentargPL
lvl.1
Poland

I've just learned this hard way. Specs says you need Android 6.0+, but it does not work on Samsung J6 (Android 8.0). It works with mine CAT S60, but supplied cable is to short to put phone in horizontal position.
So got me 499$ drone which I cannot fly unless I buy high end supported phone or 3rd party cable ... shame.
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_HcaYhDs1Lkhq
New

Netherlands

Hi guys, app is still not working for g5 plus. But I expect them to add additional devices. I get my mini in about a month. If by that time this phone is not supported, I will buy a Moto g8 plus. Here it is confirmed that it works on this phone: mavicpilots.com/threads/check-your-phone-compatibility-carefully.76075/

I was considering this phone anyways and I saw a good deal here (Netherlands) for only 218 euros. By many it's also considered the best current budget camera (techspurt on YouTube has a great review) and it has great battery life.

Just sharing in case someone else does want to switch phones anyways
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_bKXXd7GZPI0S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237221 ft
Australia

Hi guys,

SUCCESS with the Motorola G5 Plus (XT1685), by flashing a 64bit ROM called Pixel Experience which installs Android 10 and allows DJI Fly app to be installed from the standard Google Play app.

Basically it turns your Motorola G5 Plus into a Google Pixel 64bit software to suit our 64bit hardware, with all the features of Android 10.

I will update in the morning after doing a few test flights in a safe area and report back.
2020-4-23
Use props
insanesniper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237221 ft
Australia

OK, did a bunch of tests, a full battery of flying in P and S modes, photos, 2.7k Video etc... everything performed beautifully.

Flashing to a 64bit ROM is definitely the way to go, and with the added bonus of having the latest Android OS installed on your device.

This is easy enough to do for anyone with basic tech skills. Always happy to help if need be, just ask.
2020-4-24
Use props
RealDealNeil
New

United States

DJI Fly will NOT work with Motorola phones or most Android phones. Sent my back to Amazon
2020-9-19
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

RealDealNeil Posted at 9-19 15:52
DJI Fly will NOT work with Motorola phones or most Android phones. Sent my back to Amazon

Working just fine with my Motorola g7 Power since day one.
No, it is not on the official DJI list, but I would much rather fly with that than my work issued #$%^&* iPhone 8 which is on the list.
2020-9-19
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

Moto G5  It's android 8.1  yes .. support 64 bits yes .... but the android version is 32 Bits and this is the problem.   
If on the specs sheet its says that the CPU support 64 Bit  it dosent mean that the Android version installed is 64 Bits .. so you have to check this first ...  A tip :  if the phone only has 2 Gb of RAM .. then you can be pretty sure it run Android 32 Bits.  

I have a Motorola G7 Power with android 10 , 4 GB RAM , 64 Bits android version and the DJI Fy App work just fine.
2020-9-21
Use props
Tongasub
New

Argentina

Buenas, estoy en medio de este lio intentando comprar un nuevo telefono que me permita volar mi mini 2. la idea es no tener que caer en telefonos muy costosos (estoy en argentina) y aunque se que no esta en la lista de los que funcionan con dji alguno de utedes que ya la tienen mas clara me podria decir si podre intalar la app en un Motorola G52 128 GB  6 GB RAM ?

Hi, I'm in the middle of this mess trying to buy a new phone that allows me to fly my mini 2. The idea is not to have to fall for very expensive phones (I'm in Argentina) and although I know it's not on the list of those that work with dji some of you who already have it clearer could you tell me if I can install the app on a Motorola G52 128 GB 6 GB RAM?
2022-9-14
Use props
Juan Angelini
New

Argentina

Tongasub Posted at 2022-9-14 06:34
Buenas, estoy en medio de este lio intentando comprar un nuevo telefono que me permita volar mi mini 2. la idea es no tener que caer en telefonos muy costosos (estoy en argentina) y aunque se que no esta en la lista de los que funcionan con dji alguno de utedes que ya la tienen mas clara me podria decir si podre intalar la app en un Motorola G52 128 GB  6 GB RAM ?

Hi, I'm in the middle of this mess trying to buy a new phone that allows me to fly my mini 2. The idea is not to have to fall for very expensive phones (I'm in Argentina) and although I know it's not on the list of those that work with dji some of you who already have it clearer could you tell me if I can install the app on a Motorola G52 128 GB 6 GB RAM?

Hola!
Estoy buscando un smartphone para el mini 2.
Vi que está disponible el Moto G52 en Argentina a un precio de gama media.
Te funcionó o buscaste otro?
Saludos y buen comienzo de año!
2023-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules