Connect a usb-c microphone to osmo pocket
9495 5 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 517198 ft
Israel

I have seen some microphones with usb-c connectors on the internet. Is it possible to connect these microphones straight to the osmo pocket without using the 3.5 to usbc adapter?  
Boya-BY-DM2-Lavalier-Microphone-02.jpg
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jonathan Post IL. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have provided. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members with regards to this matter. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend you to use 3rd party accessories for your DJI Osmo Pocket. These 3rd party accessories might affect the DJI Osmo Pocket when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you.
2019-11-15
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 517198 ft
Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 10:06
Hello and good day Jonathan Post IL. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have provided. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members with regards to this matter. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend you to use 3rd party accessories for your DJI Osmo Pocket. These 3rd party accessories might affect the DJI Osmo Pocket when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you.

A external microphone is always third party, because DJI doesn't offer an external microphone. And DJI offers a 3.5 to usbc adapter to connect a third party mic, so.....
2019-11-15
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

No. The DJI audio adapter must be used as it has security features buit in as well as being an ADC so other mics or adapters won't work.
2019-11-15
Use props
Antony Silva
New

France

Hi everyone!

Has anyone tested the Rode VideoMicMe C?

I am interested in this microphone and would like to know if it is compatible?
2021-8-20
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Normal microphones with USB-c connectors don't work on the Osmo Pocket. Those are ment for mobile phones and other equipment. BOYA makes two microphones with USB-c connectors specifically for the OSMO Pocket: BY-ME-OP and BY-DM100-OP
You surely will be able to google them. Both of them are relatively expensive so you might just as well buy the DJI microphone-adapter and use it with any 3,5mm connector TRS-microphone.  
BOYA BY-M3 OP
BOYA BY-DM100-OP

2021-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules